Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Are they the only ones to can't see that they will NEVER be a big club without cheating. Thinking you are the biggest club in the South of England with crowds of 14000 or less, is not the sort of thing you would really want to boast about!!!! Deluded ***TS!!!!

Are they the only ones to can't see that they will NEVER be a big club without cheating. Thinking you are the biggest club in the South of England with crowds of 14000 or less, is not the sort of thing you would really want to boast about!!!! Deluded ***TS!!!!

They WERE a big club, once upon a time.

But then so were Preston North End & Huddersfield. But THEY don't go on and on about it

Interesting to see P****y didn't pick up a single booking against Millwall. Contrast that to the five they collected Saturday and you might deduce they played with an inordinate commitment in the derby.

They got their priorities completely wrong. They were so desperate to get something from Saturday they shot their load, leaving little left for a game against relegation rivals that was eminently winnable.

But they are so short-sighted they'll be happy and take pleasure from that.

No wonder they're in a mess, their whole ethos for the last 40 years has been based on bitterness and rivalry with us. Had they been capable of putting that to one side to concentrate on their own thing and look at a bigger picture, they would probably be better off.

All the time we were above them in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s we knew we were there, but never allowed them to divert our focus from what we wanted to do.

The bitterness and jealousy which provided their driving force has also been the root cause of their downfall. They've been so bound up with us, they've forgotten there is a world outside.

Even up to last Saturday. It won't bother them that they will go down with ignominy. They'll be happy to brag that no matter what happened, they didn't lose to us during the season. Pathetic.

Interesting to see P****y didn't pick up a single booking against Millwall. Contrast that to the five they collected Saturday and you might deduce they played with an inordinate commitment in the derby.

They got their priorities completely wrong. They were so desperate to get something from Saturday they shot their load, leaving little left for a game against relegation rivals that was eminently winnable.

No wonder they're in a mess, their whole ethos for the last 40 years has been based on bitterness and rivalry with us. Had they been capable of putting that to one side to concentrate on their own thing and look at a bigger picture, they would probably be better off.

All the time we were above them in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s we knew we were there, but never allowed them to divert our focus from what we wanted to do.

The bitterness and jealousy which provided their driving force has also been the root cause of their downfall. They've been so bound up with us, they've forgotten there is a world outside.

Even up to last Saturday. It won't bother them that they will go down with ignominy. They'll be happy to brag that no matter what happened, they didn't lose to us during the season. Pathetic.

My dad was chatting to a Pompey supporting friend at Guildford station yesterday and he said, given a choice, he'd rather Pompey had beaten Saints than stayed up.... Nurse!

I suppose their actions have followed a certain logic if they know that they will be going pop at the end of the season no matter which division they end up in.

Edited by pedg

I suppose they actions have followed a certain logic if they know that they will be going pop at the end of the season no matter which division they end up in.

Maybe, but I remember hearing a lot of the same stuff following the 1987/88 season. Pompey came up to the First Division and were relegated with barely a whimper - they were so bad they were as good as down before a ball was kicked. And yet they won at the Dell on the 2nd January 1988 - I remember that game well because I was there. Pompey were as awful as you'd expect; problem was, on that one day we were even worse.

Anyway, after their inevitable relegation, I saw plenty of Pompey supporters quoted saying that it had been a great season because they'd beaten us at the Dell. Forget the abject performances, ignominious relegation and everything else - they won at the Dell.

Plus ca change, eh...

Maybe, but I remember hearing a lot of the same stuff following the 1987/88 season. Pompey came up to the First Division and were relegated with barely a whimper - they were so bad they were as good as down before a ball was kicked. And yet they won at the Dell on the 2nd January 1988 - I remember that game well because I was there. Pompey were as awful as you'd expect; problem was, on that one day we were even worse.

Anyway, after their inevitable relegation, I saw plenty of Pompey supporters quoted saying that it had been a great season because they'd beaten us at the Dell. Forget the abject performances, ignominious relegation and everything else - they won at the Dell.

Plus ca change, eh...

"Carlsberg don't do back handed compliments, but if they did..."

Can some of you poetical types change the lyrics to this song

THE LAUGHING POLICEMAN

Charles Penrose

I know a fat old policeman

He's always on our street.

A fat and jolly red-faced man

He really is a treat.

He's too kind for a policeman

He's never known to frown.

And everybody says

He is the happiest man in town!.

He laughs upon point duty

He laughs upon his beat.

He laughs at everybody

When he's walking in the street.

He never can stop laughing

He says he's never tried.

But once he did arrest a man

And laughed until he cried!

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

His jolly face is wrinkled

And then he shut his eyes.

He opened his great big mouth

It was a wonderous size!

He said "I must arrest you!"

He didn't know what for.

And then he started laughing

Until he cracked his fat old jaw.

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

So if you chance to meet him

While walking 'round the town.

Shake him by his fat old hand

And give him half a crown.

His eyes will beam and sparkle

He'll gurgle with delight.

And then you'll start him laughing

With all his blessed might!

Plus ca change, eh...

did Colin Clarke not hit the bar before they scored

My dad was chatting to a Pompey supporting friend at Guildford station yesterday and he said, given a choice, he'd rather Pompey had beaten Saints than stayed up.... Nurse!

Sadly of course they have achieved neither !

A strategy equivalent to the 'quality over quantity' classic :):)

What the HELL does this guy Burrows smoke?

He hopes the police, clubs, the FA and fans’ groups can work together to promote respect among rival supporters.

Jack Nicholson - Mars Attacks

Neville Chamberlain - Munich

Why don't we all get along and live together in peace and harmony....

THAT has to be one of the funniest lines ON this forum.

Still, who cares? Won't be no bubble needed for another 50 years.

I think it sums it all up in that those fans who would rather beat us than survive/implode - more about ingrained ignorance and hate for us, than supporting and love for tehir own club... based on what? a mythical dockers strike, and a massive inferiority complex. They live in the past spouting about glories and clubs with 'no history' FFS are they that thick - every club has a history, but for those feckwits they seem to have faiuled to realise that they might have no FUTURE.... laughable.

might be wrong, but if they are more than 10 points from safety come the end of the season, doesnt the 10point deduction apply to next season instead? I'm 75% sure thats what happened with us?...I might be wrong, normally am!

No, they went into admin before the 3rd Thursday in March.

The question remaining re points deduction, if they manage to avoid liquidation, is what the FL do with regards their last failed CVA. They haven't made a payment on it, Birch has admitted they won't make a payment on it, creditors of the last CVA have received a letter confirming this and that their CVA payment is now subject to the next CVA. If the FL don't punish Pompey with further points deductions next season, what's to stop any club promising 100p in the £, getting the CVA agreed and then never paying anything?

good post and i think the reason they lost against millwall was that they put all their effort in for their cup final against us that they were knakered .anyway the third division is about their real level .

No, they went into admin before the 3rd Thursday in March.

The question remaining re points deduction, if they manage to avoid liquidation, is what the FL do with regards their last failed CVA. They haven't made a payment on it, Birch has admitted they won't make a payment on it, creditors of the last CVA have received a letter confirming this and that their CVA payment is now subject to the next CVA. If the FL don't punish Pompey with further points deductions next season, what's to stop any club promising 100p in the £, getting the CVA agreed and then never paying anything?

It's the start of the end game, but I don't think it will be liquidation. Relegation plus starting in league one on minus 10, whilst their neighbours are in the Premier (Sound familiar :) :) ). There isnt a money man coming in throw money at them, so for the first time in a long long long time, that means they will need to live within their means. All lines of credit have been shut. Attendances will drop to around an average on 10k and that's where "The End game" or "Justice" will kick in.

Whatever the new CVA looks like, I can't see it getting approved, but they will still have to pay it. There is 14 million of parachute payments left, with 7 Million (And growing) football debts which basically leaves nothing of any substance left over. They will need to build a squad, service the new CVA and run the club on next too nothing. There is a very strong possibility of another relegation next year. League 2 and averages will drop to around 8k and that my friends is when they will have "Found their level" and they will be back in their box, with the lid firmly shut.

As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd.

Yes. Pompey will hold the bragging rights for the immediate future. They can never beat our team, supporters or our spirit.

Oh dear... :facepalm: or was that one of us? Sadly I think that will be one of them, and that sums them up completely.

The Administrators proposals are available at http://www.pkf.co.uk/web/pkf.nsf/82D34E3438E9E594802579DC0052E1E9/$file/pkfjaproposals.pdf

An extract from the Conclusions section follows:

10 Conclusions

10.1 The Company is insolvent with an estimated shortfall to members of c£59m on a going

concern basis and £73m on a break-up basis.

10.2 We are carrying out our work in the pursuit of statutory objective a) - rescuing the Company

as a going concern.

10.3 Should we conclude that statutory objective a) cannot be achieved then we will seek to

achieve statutory objective b) - achieving a better result for the companyís creditors as a

whole than would be likely if the company were wound up (without first being in

administration). In the event that objectives a) and b) cannot be achieved we would seek to

achieve objective c) - to realise property in order to make a distribution to one or more

secured or preferential creditors.

In short, unless a White Knight with a deep pocket turns up, liquidation beckons.

Some people just can't handle crosswinds

Crosswinds no problem. Started in Channel Islands, LBA, ABZ much worse than BHX. F27 was the worst a/c in a crosswind, poor rudder and a non steerable nosewheel, differential braking with pneumatic brakes needed to keep straight. Landed 737-400 and 757/767 at BHX downhill on 33 limits no problem. Always a workup, poor handling, late pax, lost bags you name it, BHX has got it in spades.

Crosswinds no problem. Started in Channel Islands, LBA, ABZ much worse than BHX. F27 was the worst a/c in a crosswind, poor rudder and a non steerable nosewheel, differential braking with pneumatic brakes needed to keep straight. Landed 737-400 and 757/767 at BHX downhill on 33 limits no problem. Always a workup, poor handling, late pax, lost bags you name it, BHX has got it in spades.

I had some very cross wind problems last night.

Think it was my Chicken Tikka Masala at the Golf Club.

Think there will also be a lot sneaking out of a**holes in poopey right about now

The Administrators proposals are available at http://www.pkf.co.uk/web/pkf.nsf/82D34E3438E9E594802579DC0052E1E9/$file/pkfjaproposals.pdf

An extract from the Conclusions section follows:

10 Conclusions

10.1 The Company is insolvent with an estimated shortfall to members of c£59m on a going

concern basis and £73m on a break-up basis.

10.2 We are carrying out our work in the pursuit of statutory objective a) - rescuing the Company

as a going concern.

10.3 Should we conclude that statutory objective a) cannot be achieved then we will seek to

achieve statutory objective b) - achieving a better result for the companyís creditors as a

whole than would be likely if the company were wound up (without first being in

administration). In the event that objectives a) and b) cannot be achieved we would seek to

achieve objective c) - to realise property in order to make a distribution to one or more

secured or preferential creditors.

In short, unless a White Knight with a deep pocket turns up, liquidation beckons.

Wow. Quite incredible.

http://www.pkf.co.uk/web/pkf.nsf/82D34E3438E9E594802579DC0052E1E9/$file/pkfjaproposals.pdf

"Given the financial difficulties of the Company and the resulting uncertainty over the future of

the Club we have currently estimated future Parachute Payments received as £nil."

I like this bit:

Fratton Park is essentially a landlocked facility. The owners of the land surrounding the

stadium have a significant stake in the OldCo liquidation and purport to have an interest

in certain of the Premier League Parachute Payments. We are taking legal advice on this

and considering an appropriate strategy.

'Southampton Football Club Ltd' is on the list of "known creditors" but no amount showing.... is this list just a carry forward of the OldCo list? (+ any new ones)

I think so as it shows HMRC being owed 9 million or so.

And, why are UHY Hacker claiming £136,371.01 of "pre-administration costs" (dating back to 28th November 2011) when they were only administrating the parent company, not Portsmouth Football Club.....? ;)

Edited by trousers

Holy Krap

Don't think we EVER got close to that guess.

Never before have I seen such beauty more so than Trevor Birchs report, stunning.

Im so appy right now!

£59m unsecured, £73inc contracts... £18.6m to the good man Chainrai, £4.9m to Gadymack!

£21m PA wage bill, £5k to St-Johns, AA & HMRC did them for a couple hundred grand dragging them through the latest WUP/Admin court case, landlocked, even good ol SFC are still on the list - which confirms my long standing suspicion that the skates never paid up for the cup tickets (I wonder if they paid for their day out on Saturday).

So good luck to the trust trying to muster up £30m odd for a business in severe financial distress with no assests and nailed on to make a substantial loss for next year and the near future.

I really hope that point was worth it, knackering themselves for Millwall and relegating themselves as a result!

COYTB

COYHMRC

COYBT

WTFILN

I couldnt be happyier right now

3.20 On appointment the playing staff had a net book value of £7.1m. In view of the financial position of the club and the uncertainties surrounding its future it is not possible to provide a meaningful estimate of player values.

Where's Storrie-Teller when you need him :lol:

I was unsure what I wanted to happen them till now. I said liquidate them as a knee-jerk 'I hate Pompey' reaction, but after reading the figures this morning I really want them liquidated as some sort of punishment for what they've done.

In the few months since coming out of admin they have accrued new debts of £24m, that's ignoring the existing CVA debt of £16m. There's no way they could have accrued these new debts so quickly as some sort of accident or due to some sort of unfortunate set of circumstances. The only thing I can think is that the've deliberately gambled by taking on players they can't afford as an attempted quick return to the Prem. It has backfired spectacularly and the wide range of creditors is ridiculous; schools, charities, hotels and other football clubs are all represented. It looks as though they've gone to one local taxi form and racked up a debt before moving on to another. They've done the same with coach companies and hotels. The whole things is nothing short of scandalous.

Flush them down the bloody drain.