Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Just on the wages, talking about the deferals...

5.22 Options in respect of player wages were also explored with the Professional Footballers

Association and these resulted in the majority of the playing staff having 25% of their salaries

deferred.

5.23 A small number of non-football roles have been moved from full time to part-time.

5.24 The gross value of the monthly deferrals is c£450k. This figure represents a monthly

increase in the Football Creditor figure.

So 25% of the monthly wage is c450k... so the monthly wage bill is 4 x £450k = £1.8m, annual wage bill is 12 x c£1.8m = c£21.6m

Does that include the 4 they've loaned out? Absolutely frightening!

The real figure must be more than the one you calculated as not all of the players deferred 25% of their wages, just the majority.

Imagine how high the actual wage bill is if, say, TBH refused to defer any of his wage.

Sorry if I'm being dim - especially if it's already been answered and I've just missed it - but in the list of creditors many of them don't have an entry under the claim.

Does that mean that they aren't actually owed any money? Or is it that TB doesn't know how much they are owed? Or might they be owed something, but TB isn't sure?

Sorry if I'm being dim - especially if it's already been answered and I've just missed it - but in the list of creditors many of them don't have an entry under the claim.

Does that mean that they aren't actually owed any money? Or is it that TB doesn't know how much they are owed? Or might they be owed something, but TB isn't sure?

As I understand it (i.e. probably wrong) the list consists of two parts:

1) Those to whom the administrator knows money is owed (and hence a value given).

2) Creditors from the previous admin where the admin thinks that there is the possibility that new debts may have arisen since.

Cue Captain Pugwash jokes :)

That Wiki article is pure fantasy! And in an unashamedly sn1ggering allusion to PFC, it at least looks like they will be 'Packing the Krap' before the season's end.

For the creditors' meeting, of course.

After reading the report I was akin to thinking this.

Pompey own Old Kent Road - with just 1 hotel - ( they haven't paid for their bills though)

Whitchapel Road - owned by Uncle Avram - easy access to a nice Thai massage.

Have a few spaces to fill - or any alternatives would be fun. The Chance card, community chest , its all a bit of fun....

One problem, the game would never end. No-one would ever pay any rent.

Just looked at the creditors list. This is not bad luck or a shortfall due to CSI downfall, this has manifested itself over a longer period. Just look at how many football clubs are listed, even S****horpe, a huge slice to Wembley etc. This has been a deliberate act in my opinion because they have not intended to pay any of those hotel bills that must refer to every away game including some from last season (Marriot in Swansea) so IMO this has been a fraud and the directors, especially Lampitt, should be banned for years from ever being a director again.

There should be no chance of them having the opportunity to trade again "as is" and should be liquidated just as any other company would be in that situation.

Not just toast but burnt toast.

The ex head of integrity of the FA.

You couldn't make it up.

I wouldn't wish injury on any players, but I'll make an exception for Ricardo Rocha.

It seems the greasy one-paced pensioner who has the first touch of a clumsy sex offender is struggling with a calf injury and might miss the Doncaster game.

Never mind.

His career is over anyway, and he should have been suspended for collecting three red cards in a day - karma is a great thing.

And as for Millwall, they can stop all that singing.

No one likes us!...

Yes they do, we fricking love you! :D

Ditto Doncaster, thanks for the painting, good luck at the weekend, Billy sends his regards.

Meanwhile, as they sink slowly, an opportunity arises for us.

Looks like we really could find out who is better.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/9198315/Lionel-Messi-fans-could-miss-key-matches-amid-Spanish-football-TV-rights-row.html

Spanish football fans hoping to forget the debt crisis by switching on to watch Lionel Messi face disappointment this year, after the country's biggest broadcasters warned they will not bid for key matches unless the prices fall by 50pc. .....

Their refusal to bid threatens to put pressure on the finances of Spain's football clubs, and fuel an exodus of players to the English Premier League, where many clubs are owned and funded by super-rich individuals.

So the financial crisis in Spain is now putting pressure on reducing the cost of TV rights by 50% placing immense strain on the finances of clubs. Time to increase our Equity funding again then Nicola - Adam on the left Leo on the right - go fetch

The above post is brought to you with a sense of irony, knowing full well it is what the few would be saying right now IF their Freedom of The City Leadership had done GCSE Accounts while at Skool

Meanwhile, as they sink slowly, an opportunity arises for us.

Looks like we really could find out who is better.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/9198315/Lionel-Messi-fans-could-miss-key-matches-amid-Spanish-football-TV-rights-row.html

So the financial crisis in Spain is now putting pressure on reducing the cost of TV rights by 50% placing immense strain on the finances of clubs. Time to increase our Equity funding again then Nicola - Adam on the left Leo on the right - go fetch

The above post is brought to you with a sense of irony, knowing full well it is what the few would be saying right now IF their Freedom of The City Leadership had done GCSE Accounts while at Skool

I think Spain is a little more complicated than that. Barca/Madrid dominate and want to take all the money for themselves, rather than the current deal which I believe still favours them but not to the tune of the 50% or so that they want.

It is systemic of football these days that money is ruining the game. Before the likes of Sky came along, I wonder how many clubs (ignoring the few) went into administration? Maybe that is slightly unfair on Sky, as this situation is really down to greedy/unrealistic chairmen. Problem being of course, that when your opponents pay unrealistic wages, you sometimes feel the need to have to do the same in order to try and stay in touch and/or reach the land of the goose that is laying golden eggs (ie PL and/or Champ League).

At the moment, Spanish clubs negotiate their own TV deals, hence why Barcelona and Real Madrid are streets ahead of everyone else in terms of the amount of broadcasting revenue they bring in. There's been talk for a while now that La Liga wants to change to a collective deal similar to the one used in the Premier League, but naturally Barca and Real are opposing it as they'd lose out financially.

At the moment, Spanish clubs negotiate their own TV deals, hence why Barcelona and Real Madrid are streets ahead of everyone else in terms of the amount of broadcasting revenue they bring in. There's been talk for a while now that La Liga wants to change to a collective deal similar to the one used in the Premier League, but naturally Barca and Real are opposing it as they'd lose out financially.

I've no doubt there are some Premier League clubs who want to go in the opposite direction and scrap the sort of collective bargain agreement the PL has and strike their own TV deals.

Now, let's think who they might be...

I think Spain is a little more complicated than that. Barca/Madrid dominate and want to take all the money for themselves, rather than the current deal which I believe still favours them but not to the tune of the 50% or so that they want.

It is systemic of football these days that money is ruining the game. Before the likes of Sky came along, I wonder how many clubs (ignoring the few) went into administration? Maybe that is slightly unfair on Sky, as this situation is really down to greedy/unrealistic chairmen. Problem being of course, that when your opponents pay unrealistic wages, you sometimes feel the need to have to do the same in order to try and stay in touch and/or reach the land of the goose that is laying golden eggs (ie PL and/or Champ League).

Dont think its so much the Sky millions being available, its the huge gulf its created between the PL and the FL, rather than a fairer and more egalitarian distribution of the available cash. It means that if promoted to the prem, you need to spend big to stay there and offer large and longer term contracts often without relegation clauses to attract players - with agents pushing up the deal... some chairman bite and we all know what happens when relegation happens... in the pre sky days, the financial gulf was not so great, so releagtion had less impact - less financial risk needed to stay up and compete. Most chairman of the prem also rans operate on the idea that fans will keep coming as long even if stranded as a mid table mediocrity or lower prem team, so try and keep things stable... but where is the fun/ambition - unfortunately impossible without the bilionnaire sugar daddy.

I've no doubt there are some Premier League clubs who want to go in the opposite direction and scrap the sort of collective bargain agreement the PL has and strike their own TV deals.

Now, let's think who they might be...

Ian Ayre at Liverpool is the only one who was stupid enough to say it publicly earlier this season. Liverpool's PR since Dalglish returned to the club has been ****ing horrendous :lol: :facepalm:

I'm sure there are a few clubs who would think they'd get more money out of individual agreements, but there's a counter-argument which suggests that the very existence of the collective agreement which ensures that a large proportion (50% of the domestic contract and 100% of the overseas contract) of the broadcasting revenue is distributed evenly between all 20 PL clubs is what ensures the value of those contracts is so high in the first place. Without that apparent balance (the imbalance we actually witness is arguably more to do with Champions League revenue IMO), the league wouldn't appear so "competitive" to the outsider and therefore not as valuable as a marketable product.

Oh dear

[h=3]Harry Stotle[/h]Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Post 21 - Well said Brendon. I would like to see every News reporter that interviews any prominent figures who profess sadness, disappointment etc. at our plight to ask the question: Have you signed up for the Trust buy-out? Then watch their faces turn red. Apparently The Trust haven't even heard from Brian Howe yet!

Well, seeing as that is the only hope left it doesn't say very much if even he is not prepared to gamble 2.50 on trying to save them

Claridge speaks a lot of sense here but it's nothing that supporters haven't been saying since cotterill took over. what was the point of signing of kitson, lawrence and huseklepp for £15,000 a week each?

The crying shame was how the buffoon Cotterill was allowed to flog off for pennies the young players who could have been the foundations of our future. Again fans at the time could see that

Sorry, have I missed something. Where exactly were the fans complaining about the signings on big money, and the crowds protesting against the younger players being sold? Talk about re-writing history again....

Kanu has to play 1 last time at a home to say his farewells and for us to say thankyou to him :)

I think we should be allowed to say thank you to him too. Thank you for rinsing the skates for millions of pounds for doing nothing at all. All rise King Kanu, PTS hero.

I know some of you can't wait for the next set of good news from down the road, and have all sorts of RSS and other feeds streaming into your mission control.

So here is a new link to keep a watch upon

http://www.edwardsymmons.com/online-auctions/current-sales?view=auction

Yep, Edward Symmons; OnLine Auction page. reckon it will be only another 16 days before you can see Norris, Varney, bunch of Lawn Mowers and some Antique Tap Fixings come up for auction to the highest bidder.

Perhaps we could buy a souvenir as PTS and bury it in the foundations of the new Tescos on the site to express our gratitude for the past years of fun? Paypal should work

I know some of you can't wait for the next set of good news from down the road, and have all sorts of RSS and other feeds streaming into your mission control.

Yep, Edward Symmons; OnLine Auction page. reckon it will be only another 16 days before you can see Norris, Varney, bunch of Lawn Mowers and some Antique Tap Fixings come up for auction to the highest bidder.

Perhaps we could buy a souvenir as PTS and bury it in the foundations of the new Tescos on the site to express our gratitude for the past years of fun? Paypal should work

I like this bit from their website, under Our Services, Sport Stadia

"Our reputation for discretion and delivering bespoke advice has seen us act for over 25 Clubs across a whole

range of property issues.

Whatever our involvement, our service is always professional, confidential and discreet. Examples of the work we have undertaken include:

West Ham United FC - The valuation of stadium and training facilities on a Depreciated Replacement Cost (DRC) basis for accounts purposes.

Selhurst Park - The sale of the ground in 2006 as a freehold investment, let to Crystal Palace FC.

Southend United FC - Detailed analysis, advice and valuation in relation to their relocation and redevelopment of proposed stadium at Fossetts Farm.

Barnet FC - The valuation of stadium on a sale and leaseback basis for bank lending purposes.

Yeovil Town - Valuation on a sale and leaseback basis for restructuring purposes.

Peterborough FC - Independent Expert, set rental under lease.

Scarborough - Arbitrator appointed to settle freehold value of closed stadium.

Portsmouth FC - Assisting Administrators with the sale of the ground and associated assets.

Darlington FC - Advice to the freeholder on the investment as let to the Club and development opportunities.

They're so confidential and discreet they blab all their website the valuations they've undertaken on grounds for clubs in trouble, and why they have undertaken such valuations.

And did we know this?

"Portsmouth FC: Assisting Administrators with the sale of the ground and associated assets.

PMSL

They will be taking their prized fat oozing speciality pipe with them to Moneyfields HTH

rusty+taps.jpg

Fat_pipe-logo-7D1D907022-seeklogo.com.gif

After missing most of yesterdays webchat with our friend Neil, I will be making up for it with Trevor tomorrow. Lots of pre-prepared questions to fire away, lots of different scenarios - posing as a disgruntled photographer/charity/ST holder/trust member/general creditor...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/put-your-questions-to-pompey-administrator-1-3723917

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @pn_Emma_Judd: Apparently there are rumours that the charges against Vladimir Antonov, former #Pompey chairman, have been dropped.

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @pn_Emma_Judd: To clarify: Lithuanian prosecutors have told @portsmouthnews that charges still stand against former #pompey chairman Vladimir Antonov

Birch trying hard to sell the notion that they would be a more attractive proposition if they were relegated to League 1:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/cleansed-pompey-can-bounce-back-1-3722988

The comment track to that article marks a clear change in the general mood. Less of that "who can we get on loan next" talk and more realistic talk about life in League One with all the high earners gone - which is acknowledged now as a best case scenario.

They are a stubborn bunch but slowly coming around I think...

The comment track to that article marks a clear change in the general mood. Less of that "who can we get on loan next" talk and more realistic talk about life in League One with all the high earners gone - which is acknowledged now as a best case scenario.

I could post the speech that android gave about slashing costs and players wages............ two weeks before he signed kitson and lawerence on 40k a week between them

;) ;)

See where you're coming from but there is also talk of them bouncing back after a season. The top half of league 1 is very competitive and while it probably won't be as strong as in previous years, next season will see at least 2 out of MK Dons, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed and Sheff U who will all fancy themselves for automatic promotion. Unless a sugar daddy emerges out of the ether Pompey won't be able to patch up their squad enough to compete and should target survival in L1 rather than promotion.

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @pn_Emma_Judd: Apparently there are rumours that the charges against Vladimir Antonov, former #Pompey chairman, have been dropped.

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @pn_Emma_Judd: To clarify: Lithuanian prosecutors have told @portsmouthnews that charges still stand against former #pompey chairman Vladimir Antonov

Journalist of the year!!:lol::lol::wave:

See where you're coming from but there is also talk of them bouncing back after a season. The top half of league 1 is very competitive and while it probably won't be as strong as in previous years, next season will see at least 2 out of MK Dons, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed and Sheff U who will all fancy themselves for automatic promotion. Unless a sugar daddy emerges out of the ether Pompey won't be able to patch up their squad enough to compete and should target survival in L1 rather than promotion.

The morons actually believe the likes of Norris and Halford and going to be playing for them in L1 next season. A more deluded bunch of fuc kwits I've yet to encounter of this planet.

The morons actually believe the likes of Norris and Halford and going to be playing for them in L1 next season. A more deluded bunch of fuc kwits I've yet to encounter of this planet.

You would hope that a spell in league 1 or non-league would embue them with a much needed sense of humility, just as we have had to endure over the last 7 years. Somehow though, I suspect they are too deluded/stupid to ever truly get it. They are not a big club (similar in scale to Huddersfield, at best), they have profited/gained enjoyment from their team cheating and oh yes, they do deserve it.

Birch trying hard to sell the notion that they would be a more attractive proposition if they were relegated to League 1:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/cleansed-pompey-can-bounce-back-1-3722988

Since we were in League 1 the Football League have introduced new rules relating to amount of money that can be spent on wages, we got out just in time.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20110805/footballs-back_2293334_2410453

This will see clubs in League 1 and League 2 operating the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP), which has been in use in the latter division since 2002/03. The SCMP limits spending on total player wages to a proportion of each club's turnover.

For 2011/12, League 2 clubs have reduced the permitted base spending threshold to 55% of turnover from the previous 60% with sanctions applying (in the form of transfer embargoes).

For League 1 clubs it will be a transitional season with clubs setting a 75% of turnover target for player salaries but with no sanctions being applicable. This threshold will reduce to 65% in 2012/13 and 60% in 2013/14 with sanctions applying in both seasons.

I like this bit from their website, under Our Services, Sport Stadia

"Our reputation for discretion and delivering bespoke advice has seen us act for over 25 Clubs across a whole

range of property issues.

Whatever our involvement, our service is always professional, confidential and discreet. Examples of the work we have undertaken include:

West Ham United FC - The valuation of stadium and training facilities on a Depreciated Replacement Cost (DRC) basis for accounts purposes.

Selhurst Park - The sale of the ground in 2006 as a freehold investment, let to Crystal Palace FC.

Southend United FC - Detailed analysis, advice and valuation in relation to their relocation and redevelopment of proposed stadium at Fossetts Farm.

Barnet FC - The valuation of stadium on a sale and leaseback basis for bank lending purposes.

Yeovil Town - Valuation on a sale and leaseback basis for restructuring purposes.

Peterborough FC - Independent Expert, set rental under lease.

Scarborough - Arbitrator appointed to settle freehold value of closed stadium.

Portsmouth FC - Assisting Administrators with the sale of the ground and associated assets.

Darlington FC - Advice to the freeholder on the investment as let to the Club and development opportunities.

They're so confidential and discreet they blab all their website the valuations they've undertaken on grounds for clubs in trouble, and why they have undertaken such valuations.

And did we know this?

"Portsmouth FC: Assisting Administrators with the sale of the ground and associated assets.

D_P in another "told you so PTS moment"

And there it is boys and girls, in writing, in the Public Domain.

Very clear and very specific,

Not Football Club, Not Stadium and Club

Stadium and related assets are up for sale....

Oh that'll make our resident Moneyfields advocate Appy

That limit on 65% of turnover being spent on players' wages in League One looks like an absolute killer for Portsmouth.

Is the implication (if they survive) that they will just have to pay off lots of contracts before the season begins (e.g. offer Kanu 10 months of his remaining 12 months to sod off straight away?)

Unless they can offload them to someone who will match their wages then it is entirely possible Norris and Halford will be playing for them in L1. Of course, this assumes they survive to make it to L1 which seems odds against at the moment.

LEAGUE 1..................????????????????????????????????????????????

£59,000,000......59 million pounds.........Nearly £60,000,000

Millions and millions of pounds.

MILLIONS,MILLIONS £59,000,000.

Why all this talk of League 1 ?

Liquidation my beauties.

God bless HMRC.

D_P in another "told you so PTS moment"

And there it is boys and girls, in writing, in the Public Domain.

Very clear and very specific,

Not Football Club, Not Stadium and Club

Stadium and related assets are up for sale....

Oh that'll make our resident Moneyfields advocate Appy

Doesn't that entry on their website refer to their involvement last time? (as per appendix 9 in this tome: http://www.uhy-uk.com/assets/media/download/portsmouth%20reports/Six%20month%20report%20-%20final%20%28version%20for%20website%29.pdf)