Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

better pitches....um, not really

over the last few years the quality of pitches at Temeraire has improved dramatically whereas Collingwoods, whilst there may be more space, have not, most of the football at Collingwood these days is played on the floodlit area in the main base

over the last few years the quality of pitches at Temeraire has improved dramatically whereas Collingwoods' date=' whilst there may be more space, have not, most of the football at Collingwood these days is played on the floodlit area in the main base[/quote']

you do realise that pompey do not actually use the grounds of the main base at collingwood..?

pitches that is

Nice to see Marlon Pack - PFA team of the year member and 3rd in League Two player of the year poll - score an absolute wonder goal for Cheltenham last night. Could be on his way back to Fratton next season along with other ex skates.

How I bet they wish they hadn't thrown out these great youth prospects now.

Ritchie at Swindon too, had a great season.

Our 'friends' down the road are expecting that nice Mr Chanrai to pitch in at any moment. He does not expect to get his money back if they are liquidated, so will step in so that he gets the parachute payments, while increasing the overall debt. Once the parachute payments stop he will then walk away again, and it really will be the end. My view is that it would be better if they started completely again now, and got the crooks out of the club. We might have a bit more respect for them if they did that and it was run as a proper club, and worked their way back up through the divisions.

what are the chances they do a Plymouth..and go down AGAIN..?

I hope so....they'll struggle to do well as L1 isn't a bad league tbh, there are some decent teams down there who can cause problems....so unless they seriously strengthen then they're ****ed.

Look at how PNE found it for example....and they kept most of their championship players!

what are the chances they do a Plymouth..and go down AGAIN..?

I think there is every chance. It might depend on how many points they get deducted, but chinny isn't coming back to build a great squad, so the large majority of players will be unknowns.

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10839~2774573,00.html

Nothing sums up the Skates' demise better than having an article by Stevenage about their new next season's rivals.

Provided that they manage to even survive that long to play in the third division.

Absolutely, and right now the skates are plotting to make Chainrai fail the F&PPT...

Not realising that he is the only way they can start League One on -10/15/17/20 points...

Without him they liquidate and start again at Moneyfields in the Wessex...

See this is the problem pompey, you get into bed with gun-running syndicates and viscous loan sharks, they will want something in return...

You don’t just walk away from these people, its not allowed, its not how it works...

You try and screw these types over (Chinny F&PPT), and they will destroy you...

article-1243828-07E2FA25000005DC-436_964x447.jpg

In the words of Truckasarus, God bless Balram Chainrai

1236764162.jpg

that photo of the director's box looks like the ugliest boy band in history - or have ALL of the Spice Girls flown to Lesbos this year?

I can see Sharky Spice, Pervy Spice and Embezzler Spice - where is the cheeky buxom Spice Cream Vendor in his little skimpy top.....and no reunion would be the same without Arms Dealing Spice.

Get up and dance kids - if I haven't blown your fricking legs off.

What a bunch.

Who would have thought it could go wrong?

Unless he offers 100p in the £ then it is diluting the 2010 CVA with a 2012 CVA and a huge points penalty is surely on its way from the Football League in League One.

This will happen and the 2010 CVA will be diluted. The only question remains is what will the FL do about it.

This will happen and the 2010 CVA will be diluted. The only question remains is what will the FL do about it.

My guess is buggar all. They won't want to be the people to get them liquidated, and that is the power they now have. They will let it go ahead due to lack of testicular fortitude.

My guess is buggar all. They won't want to be the people to get them liquidated, and that is the power they now have. They will let it go ahead due to lack of testicular fortitude.

I admire your lexiographic intellect here. Sadly I suspect that you will indeed be proven correct. Will be interesting to see the terms of the CVA and if Birch is as willing as Chinnys Monkey AA in letting it be deferred for so long that he is off with the parachute cash before they begin paying it....

I just hope if they do get their debts diluted further they are hit with a 15+ points deduction. This should at least make sure they stay in L1 long enough for all possible PPs to be used up.

What will probably happen though is they will get their debt reduced, chinny will give them enough funds to blow the other L1 teams away with their spending, gaining them promotion. Chinny will then try to sell a club on the rise and the supporters will be saying how great they are beating all the odds to bounce straight back with one eye back on the Prem.

Just you wait, if this happens and they escape a points deduction the Pompey fans are going to be on a whole new level of deluded smugness!

Not sat two leagues below us and with Chainrai owning them they won't.

I just hope if they do get their debts diluted further they are hit with a 15+ points deduction. This should at least make sure they stay in L1 long enough for all possible PPs to be used up.

What will probably happen though is they will get their debt reduced, chinny will give them enough funds to blow the other L1 teams away with their spending, gaining them promotion. Chinny will then try to sell a club on the rise and the supporters will be saying how great they are beating all the odds to bounce straight back with one eye back on the Prem.

Aren't there now new regulations in place restricting this?

So, the most amusing scenario looks like coming to fruition. Nice one :-)

Over to the Football League to decide whether they want to keep their rabied patient alive another season or put them out of their misery....

“However, there is still a lot to do before we get to that stage and we are not taking anything for granted. PKF will now work together with Portpin to finalise the business plan to satisfy the Football League that Portsmouth Football Club has a sustainable long term future. This is still likely to involve further cost-saving measures including player sales and the RENEGOTIATION OF CONTRACTS WITH THE TOP EARNERS to bring the club’s costs in line with the League One average. Portpin management and PKF have been working with the manager Michael Appleton to make preparations to ensure that the club is in the best possible position for the season ahead. Portpin has full trust in Michael’s ability to be a successful manager."

Now how likely is that?

On the beeb now

Balram Chainrai makes offer to buy Portsmouth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18123113

No one else is interested...which is not exactly a big shock

"Former Portsmouth owner Balram Chainrai"

Former owner?

I thought it had been concluded (on here) that Chainrai had never actually owned the club as such before now? (i.e. he had simply been the financier for other so called 'owners'?

I recall asking recently how Chainrai could expect to pass the FL's FPPT test having been at the helm when Pompey went into administration last time, only to be told that he wasn't actually the owner back then, hence he couldn't be seen as a 'serial offender'

So, how come the BBC labelled him as "former owner"?

Either he's a "previous owner" or he isn't....and if he is then, surely, the Football league have to question his suitablity as an owner going forward....?

Or is that all a bit too logical for our friends at the Football League?

ha ha it looks like the slow death of pompey fc goes on,who else would want this basketcase of a club with the debts and high wage earners. i can see no investment and him getting his hands on the parachute payments and then put them out to grass while keeping fratton park.

I just hope if they do get their debts diluted further they are hit with a 15+ points deduction. This should at least make sure they stay in L1 long enough for all possible PPs to be used up. What will probably happen though is they will get their debt reduced, chinny will give them enough funds to blow the other L1 teams away with their spending, gaining them promotion. Chinny will then try to sell a club on the rise and the supporters will be saying how great they are beating all the odds to bounce straight back with one eye back on the Prem.
no way it did not work last time and he still has the high wage earners on the books so club will still be spunking money with less income coming into the club..

“However, there is still a lot to do before we get to that stage and we are not taking anything for granted. PKF will now work together with Portpin to finalise the business plan to satisfy the Football League that Portsmouth Football Club has a sustainable long term future. This is still likely to involve further cost-saving measures including player sales and the RENEGOTIATION OF CONTRACTS WITH THE TOP EARNERS to bring the club’s costs in line with the League One average. Portpin management and PKF have been working with the manager Michael Appleton to make preparations to ensure that the club is in the best possible position for the season ahead. Portpin has full trust in Michael’s ability to be a successful manager."

Now how likely is that?

Maybe BC is going to let his henchmen have a chat with Ben Haim and co...

Balram Chainrai:

I don’t have a magic wand but many important elements – a proud history, passionate supporters and one of the country’s top managers – are already in place and provide a strong platform on which we hope to build stability.

So they have one of the Country's top managers, eh? Who would that be? Surely not the guy whose only previous experience in management was as caretaker manager of WBA for one match? :lol::lol::lol:

Balram Chainrai:

So they have one of the Country's top managers, eh? Who would that be? Surely not the guy whose only previous experience in management was as caretaker manager of WBA for one match? :lol::lol::lol:

I was gonna mention that too, but I was all tired from laffing too much.

As BC has a large percentage of votes when the creditors vote, then as I alluded to a few pages ago, the Trust bid, however financially viable, has no chance of being accepted.

The FL Fit & Proper Persons Test should really scrutinise this latest scenario, but I dont expect the FL will be bold enough to either reject BC or deduct further points.

Interesting times !!

Having read what Mick has to say, I reckon that Chinny is a nailed on certainty to take the club over at the last minute !!

I'd just like to put my name forward for the ' Saintsweb Smartarse of the Year Award' :)

Seriously though, this is great news as the beast will (slowly and surely!) bleed to death, offering us all hours of fun and frolics !

Time for Rallyboy and Holepuncture to take a deep breath and go for the jugular !

Bring it on...............

Are there no grounds for 'conflict of interests' when the largest creditor on the CVA panel decides to mount a bid for the company? Or is that simply tough luck for the other (minority) stakeholders?

It seems that the "Rules" when applied to footy are somewhat like the Newton's laws of gravity as explained by Spongebob Squarepants. You know there is a basic rule in there somewhere, but it got totally lost in translation.

Our 'friends' down the road are expecting that nice Mr Chanrai to pitch in at any moment. He does not expect to get his money back if they are liquidated, so will step in so that he gets the parachute payments, while increasing the overall debt. Once the parachute payments stop he will then walk away again, and it really will be the end. My view is that it would be better if they started completely again now, and got the crooks out of the club. We might have a bit more respect for them if they did that and it was run as a proper club, and worked their way back up through the divisions.

Just postpones the inevitable.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})