Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Don't sweat it Rallyboy, those that get it...just do - hard to put into words.

When we get some "incoming" from the main board, I always think of sourmash having a go and telling us how stupid we were,how they were just fine and gotten away with it.

24 hours later, the russian was in nick, CSI was in admin and lampitt was assuring the world, everything was dandy.

This ^^^

As to Chainrai, I find it hard to see just what his plan might be. Yes, there are still some parachute payments to come, but the maximum amount of those is £16M (this assumes that none of it is already spoken for, which it may well be). As things stand, there's a club to be run and players to be paid, not least the great Tal and his £50K per week; there are also football debts which will have to be paid in full and which will eat up £5.5M of the parachute money. So, £10.5M minus running costs for however long it takes to get rid of TBH and others - this won't leave Chainrai with anything like the amount he'd be looking for.

Birch was quoted shortly after he took over as saying the remaining PP's are £14m, and that somewhere between £7m & £10m is already committed up to the date of administration. That appears to be made up of unpaid wages & bonuses pre-admin, and future installment payments to other clubs. The "spread" could be due to uncertainty over Gaydamak's claim to £2.2m from the PP's.

During admin, the "deferred" portion of the wages will be added to football creditors paid out of the PP's. That has been reported as £450k a month, but that seems high to me, although I can't see it being less than £250k a month.

Judgement in the FCR court case may have a significant bearing on how much of the PP's a new owner will be able to keep.

Looks like a pint for trousers, FF and a half pint each for Mack and Mero..Was thinking of a half for Corp for the sheer entertainment value and then I thought, nah....

Poor old Corpse. When he reads this, he'll throw his toys out of the pram.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @tomdearie: Wondering if those who have spent last few weeks knocking PST will now pursue answers of Portpins 'bid' with same gusto and vigour?

Good question! My money's on the odds on favourite 'putting head in sand' option...with an each way bet on 'sticking fingers in ear whilst chanting la la la as loudly as possible' second favourite

Hang my head in shame.........

I check this thread religeously, often a few times a day.

I have read virtually every word of every post (I skipped some of the boring, deluded, repetitive stuff in some of Ho's posts).

When returning from times away from home without much inter-net access it has taken me days to catch up.

And yet, including this one, I have only posted 171 times on this thread.

So, yes, should I ever meet any of the likes of Trousers, DP, Rallyboy, etc, I think I need to buy them a beer or 2 for the entertainment they have provided me.

Thanks guys!!!

no, just resting - tis a sleeping giant you know with much more potential than before.

same here Billy, I must know half a dozen skates and none have joined the Trust, one of them who is a season ticket holder didn't even know about the plan... :scared:

Then again they are a bit like Man Utd* with a 250K hardcore fanbase within the city and millions worldwide, so we only know a very small percentage.

That's why Ben Haim gets £15K a week in image rights, its rare to see a BBC news bulletin from around the world without some kid in the background wearing a pompey shirt, that's why we will forever live in their shadow.

*in the latest official survey of attendances and international merchandising done by a toothless bloke in a caravan on the football pitch behind Tesco Express Allaway Avenue during a Jeremy Kyle ad break, the statistics clearly confirmed that Man Utd were 2nd bestest in the world.

So chainrai has put a bid in, with Birch tell all what that bid entails at all? Will Chainrai keep hold of his secured status meaning that when he sells to another mug he will still have a hold or have the league prized that away from him?

Anyone got a guess on the next comedy installment?

So chainrai has put a bid in, with Birch tell all what that bid entails at all? Will Chainrai keep hold of his secured status meaning that when he sells to another mug he will still have a hold or have the league prized that away from him?

Anyone got a guess on the next comedy installment?[/QUOTE]

Will Try..

CVA1 already failed

CVA 2 Somehow gets passed by the dippy creditors and then fails...

Admin 3

More sequels than The Terminator !!

i was top of that league but there are only so many times you can tell people Pompey will get away with it. It seems to me many on here can't accept that they bloody have. i dont care how they are supposedly suffering, but they are still alive and that is not justice

i was top of that league but there are only so many times you can tell people Pompey will get away with it. It seems to me many on here can't accept that they bloody have. i dont care how they are supposedly suffering, but they are still alive and that is not justice

When you read a book, do you decide the ending yourself, without reading the last few chapters?

no, just resting - tis a sleeping giant you know with much more potential than before.

same here Billy, I must know half a dozen skates and none have joined the Trust, one of them who is a season ticket holder didn't even know about the plan... :scared:

Then again they are a bit like Man Utd* with a 250K hardcore fanbase within the city and millions worldwide, so we only know a very small percentage.

That's why Ben Haim gets £15K a week in image rights, its rare to see a BBC news bulletin from around the world without some kid in the background wearing a pompey shirt, that's why we will forever live in their shadow.

*in the latest official survey of attendances and international merchandising done by a toothless bloke in a caravan on the football pitch behind Tesco Express Allaway Avenue during a Jeremy Kyle ad break, the statistics clearly confirmed that Man Utd were 2nd bestest in the world.

So assuming that TBH image rights are not worth the £750k per year that they are paying him, surely then TB is evading tax by continuing to pay him. Does this mean that TB becomes liable for any fines / penalties /interest that accumulate under his watch.

When you read a book, do you decide the ending yourself, without reading the last few chapters?
No I dont, but this is not a book but true story. If it was a book it would be under crime and unsolved mysteries. I agree it would be a gripping book, being guided along and the readers being duped into believing that the big baddie was going to meet his demise. Each time against all the experts opinions the big baddie gets away with it, the finest brains and detectives trawl over the evidence and each time it gets to court or the day of reckoning the baddie wriggles free. Ok at first, the baddie was on a super yacht with silver and glamorous guests and now is in a rowing boat with holes in it, with only a few of the hangers on picking over the left over sandwiches but he is still afloat and you never know when a luxury super yacht may come and pick him up again as the have some dodgy money that needs laundering.

Interesting. Are you going to accuse anyone in particular?

No I dont, but this is not a book but true story. If it was a book it would be under crime and unsolved mysteries. I agree it would be a gripping book, being guided along and the readers being duped into believing that the big baddie was going to meet his demise. Each time against all the experts opinions the big baddie gets away with it, the finest brains and detectives trawl over the evidence and each time it gets to court or the day of reckoning the baddie wriggles free. Ok at first, the baddie was on a super yacht with silver and glamorous guests and now is in a rowing boat with holes in it, with only a few of the hangers on picking over the left over sandwiches but he is still afloat and you never know when a luxury super yacht may come and pick him up again as the have some dodgy money that needs laundering.

No they're not. They're up the creek without a paddle.

HMS Pompey....

sinkingboat.jpg

Quote: Colin Farmery; Pompey-Fans.com - (another deluded Skate)

Pompey is a globally-recognised football brand. In the medium to long-term there is the potential to build a sustainable club, with a community stadium which aspires to competing at the highest possible levels of competition. That has been the position of the Portsmouth club since the mid 1920s when it first won promotion to the old first division.

For my part, since 2009 I have advocated the principle of Trust ownership, whether in whole or in part. In the next five years, with UEFA Fair Play Rules and the Football League's own financial criteria for clubs gaining traction, it will be increasingly the model. The scope for once perfectly legal 'financial doping' practised by the likes of Pompey in the past and, well, Southampton of late, will be squeezed to the margin. If you want all of your money back Mr Chainrai, you could well be here for a long haul.

If indeed Pompey is a globally recognised brand, which I doubt, it is probably more because they are a laughing stock than for reasons of their glorious past history, such as it is. They must be proud to be the first Premiership club to go into administration, the prime example of how to spend money you don't have, resulting in your club imploding financially and potentially going out of existence.

But as comical as his assertion is that the Skates are a globally recognised brand, his continued idiocy in bracketing them with us when it comes to the financing of both clubs, really does take the biscuit. Yes, it is plain to all that their ownership by a succession of crooks and clowns is exactly the same as our ownership by a Swiss Billionaire and his family. And that their reckless expenditure on players they couldn't afford, is the equivalent of our financial prudence in living well within our means, with a policy of bringing as many as possible of our future players into the first team via our academy.

So sorry, Mr Farmery, but we have little to fear from the UEFA Fair Play Rules and the implementaion of them by the English football authorities.

You on the other hand, can only wish that those rules had been in place several years ago; but although you wouldn't have been in this parlous state that you find your club in now, neither would you have won the FA Cup and had those players which form the basis of your assertion that you are a global brand.

So assuming that TBH image rights are not worth the £750k per year that they are paying him, surely then TB is evading tax by continuing to pay him. Does this mean that TB becomes liable for any fines / penalties /interest that accumulate under his watch.

Dont get too caught up on tax obligations portsea way, they do not recognise them.

Ashdown and Rocha are off the books now, with just one more first team contract to expire this summer (Benjani)...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/rocha-and-ashdown-leave-pompey-1-3864514

it is understood neither were among the Blues’ top earners

Bless, the top contracts aint going nowhere... Ben Haim has his feet well and truly under the table.

Also just noticed a skate made a decent point which could give us all a laugh and the PST another impossible headache:

Under league rules, their contracts terminate on June 30th but are entitled up to a further month salary if they don't sign for a club in July. Effectively, we could be paying them until July 31st.

So Rocha, Ashdown, and Benjani can call it a day with pompey anytime they like, but the club have to pay them in full to the last day of July. Another couple hundred grand out the door. Magnificent.

MLG might be able to verify this for us nutjobs.

We did have news of Ben Haim's additional image rights before from Birch but it was never really confirmed - and the taxman is still interested in that aspect of under the counter pay anyway.

So with NI he must be costing them about £235K a month - the equivalent of a 14 man League One squad.

They need to sell 10,000 season tickets just to pay him.

That statement alone shows the lunacy of their pay structure.

That's a surprise. Two more than Corp Ho. I'm undecided whether this is the biggest timewaster ever or the greatest entertainment in the history of mankind. Threads such as this should be preserved and put in a time capsule. Where shall we bury it?

Under the centre-circle at Moneyfields?

recalling how every pre-season they steal money from creditors to have a summer holiday and claim it's been sponsored even though the accounts clearly indicate otherwise, it's nice to have some honesty from Appy.

A couple of local businesses have sponsored it.

The club will chip in as well, although I know money is a bit scarce.

So the trip is costing money, while his final point has been nominated for sporting understatement of the decade.

It's up against some fierce competition though - we have Uncle's I quite like prossiesand storrieteller's there is a slight shortfall between income and outgoings.

Harry's entry with moneywise I may have left one or two clubs in a bit of a pickle was excluded as the entry form seemed to have been filled in by a dog.

They have still got some complete ****ing idiot supporters, this was what one posted at news of Ashdown & Rocha's release.

"Very surprised to read this - I would have thought that they should have at least been offered a new contract, albeit on reduced terms.

I thought Ashdown played brilliantly towards the season end, especially at St. Fairys Stadium, where some of his saves were "world class".

What a shame they are departing. I presume that MA has even better players lined up to replace them ?"

I Presume that MA has even better players lined up to replace them?-What is the clown on?

recalling how every pre-season they steal money from creditors to have a summer holiday and claim it's been sponsored even though the accounts clearly indicate otherwise, it's nice to have some honesty from Appy.

So the trip is costing money, while his final point has been nominated for sporting understatement of the decade.

It's up against some fierce competition though - we have Uncle's I quite like prossiesand storrieteller's there is a slight shortfall between income and outgoings.

Harry's entry with moneywise I may have left one or two clubs in a bit of a pickle was excluded as the entry form seemed to have been filled in by a dog.

:lol: :lol::lol:

Excellent!!!!!!

My other half was out with a skate at the weekend. The skate and her husband are both season ticket holders yet neither have pledged to the trust. Woman skate wanted to, but her husband said no as (in his words) "we don't want to give anymore money to the club, they are all a bunch of crooks".

I told my other half that the skate bloke was missing the point somewhat and that the trust may all be happy, fluffy types who have never been involved in arms dealing or money laundering but it looks like even for their biggest supporters the whole thing is a turn off.

[h=6]copied from confucious on the echo site...

Attention Daily Mail reporters looking for stories!

Southampton fans are preparing a 'Save a S****' campaign in the event that PFC is liquidated.

Saints fans fear that as the Blue Few get ever fewer, they will be extinct within a generation. They believe something should be done or S****s will disappear into mythology and their grandchildren will never believe they really existed.

Saints fans are raising funds for one of the following options:

1. A breeding pair of snarling S****s to be housed at Marwell Zoo.

2. The funny man with the hat and bell to be stuffed and exhibited at the St Marys stadium shop.

3. A S**** to be pickled and put into a giant clear glass bottle for exhibition at the Natural History Museum.[/h]

I apologise for borroing from a mate's FB

The best line of any post on this thread. :lol:

een well publicised, League 1 clubs will fall under the Football League's 'Salary Cost Management Protocol' scheme for 2012 / 2013 with player wages required to be not greater than 65% of club turnover.

Does anyone know if there is permissible variation or leeway to this 65% to account for the [likely] higher wage bills of the newly relegated clubs ?

Are you that bothered by post counts? I'd hope most people just post when they interested, have a question, something to say, are bored etc., but not to see a number on their profile go up. Why do post counts even exist? Remove or reset them all, might stop some from being so prolific if that's their reason. Bizarre if true. Mine are due to interest in the subject, boredom and time on my hands. Yet even then, as ridiculous as my post count is, the fact that plenty have more than double my own seems insane. It's like when you eat a sh1tload of food, look at a morbidly obese fcker and think 'christ, just how much must they eat?!'

I'm well p*ssed off by this !

I have followed the thread from the start and contributed regularly and only come in at position #68 (with at least 2 Skates ahead of me!)!!

Including this post, I now have a total of 250, how in hell's name Trousers and D.Phil can get to 2000+ is well beyond my comprehension !!

I was put on this sacred Earth by the great Lord of all mercy with the soul (sic) purpose of achieving as high as possible post count on the forum his disciples decree 'The Saints Web'

The Lord has giveth and so let no man taketh away the duty beholden unto thee.

Edited by trousers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})