Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Not that it's needed, but if you want a little more evidence of how tinpot they really have become and how the mindset of the few does occasionally match, there is this from the comments section on the Snooze:

Sadly after yet another poor season I feel we need to make changes to the manager. Time for the tinker man to go. We just have to look at Birmingham appointing Rowett to see that getting a manager with a pedigree can make a big difference

That's Gary Rowett, whose pedigree consists of 2 and a bit years as manager of Burton Albion.

That's Burton Albion, who have been members of the Football League for all of 5 years and play in a ground that holds a smidgeon over 6,000.

Pedigree indeed, and something for the few to really aspire to. :lol:

Edited by Torres

Not that it's needed, but if you want a little more evidence of how tinpot they really have become and how the mindset of the few does occasionally match, there is this from the comments section on the Snooze:

That's Gary Rowett, whose pedigree consists of 2 and a bit years as manager of Burton Albion.

That's Burton Albion, who have been members of the Football League for all of 5 years and play in a ground that holds a smidgeon over 6,000.

They've tried that. Richie Barker had about as much experience. He'd even got Bury promoted and made Crawley an amazingly mid table side!

Just for fun:

Premier League

1 Chelsea

2 Man City

3 Southampton

4 Man Utd

5 Arsenal

6 Tottenham

7 West Ham

8 Liverpool

9 Swansea

10 Newcastle

11 Stoke

12 Everton

13 Aston Villa

14 West Brom

15 Crystal Palace

16 Sunderland

17 Burnley

18 Hull

19 QPR

20 Leicester

Championship

1 Bournemouth

2 Derby

3 Ipswich

4 Middlesbrough

5 Brentford

6 Watford

7 Norwich

8 Wolves

9 Sheff Wed

10 Blackburn

11 Cardiff

12 Birmingham

13 Nottm Forest

14 Charlton

15 Huddersfield

16 Bolton

17 Reading

18 Fulham

19 Brighton

20 Rotherham

21 Leeds

22 Millwall

23 Wigan

24 Blackpool

League 1

1 Swindon

2 Bristol City

3 MK Dons

4 Preston

5 Bradford

6 Sheff Utd

7 Chesterfield

8 Rochdale

9 Fleetwood

10 Port Vale

11 Peterborough

12 Notts County

13 Oldham

14 Doncaster

15 Walsall

16 Barnsley

17 S****horpe

18 Coventry

19 Crewe

20 Leyton Orient

21 Gillingham

22 Colchester

23 Crawley

24 Yeovil

League 2

1 Wycombe

2 Burton

3 Newport

4 Shrewsbury

5 Luton

6 Southend

7 Plymouth

8 Stevenage

9 Bury

10 Exeter

11 Morecambe

12 Wimbledon

13 Accrington

14 Cambridge

15 Oxford Utd

16 Northampton

17 Portsmouth

18 Cheltenham

19 York

20 Mansfield

21 Dag & Red

22 Carlisle

23 Tranmere

24 Hartlepool

Conference

1 Barnet

2 Bristol Rovers

3 Macclesfield

4 Grimsby

5 Eastleigh

Well given the town I'm sure the closest Burton can come to Pedigree is a can of Marston's...

Still better than that lot down the road who can only hope the closest they'll come to Pedigree is for their new Tesco's to stock plenty of Pedigree Chum. That said, one thing I can't see the dog food aisle having is lots of Winalot.

I'm not great with maths... But, if I'm right, Fleet Town are closer to Portsmouth than us in terms of places down the pyramid...!

using fag packet maths, and going down the football pyramid by the gap of 82 places. I end up with Larkhall Athletic, one place above Totton.

Love the way they are laying into Edinburgh in the comments under that story.

One describes him a thus: "Justin Edinburgh was a nasty little mullet haired player."

Was this when he played for them?

Anybody got the Hero-Villain-swingometer handy?

One month ago, 10th Dec

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/business/local-business/pompey-supporters-trust-treasurer-left-embarrassed-by-account-delay-1-6465949

THE treasurer of Pompey Supporters’ Trust has apologised after failing to produce any accounts at the past two public meetings.

Steve Tovey said he was embarrassed the audited accounts were not ready at the Annual General Meeting of the trust at Fratton Park on Monday night. It comes after the accounts were also not ready at the previous public meeting on September 29.

Mr Tovey cited delays in getting the accounts signed off by auditors Taylor Cocks.

Mark Trapani, Pompey director, defended Mr Tovey saying it was a ‘minor blip’ and that the audited accounts would be available for the public to see as early as next week.

have I missed these ?

Yes, they released the full accounts before Christmas.

The figures showed that they are running at a considerable profit, the debts have been cleared, plans to expand the ground have been given the green light, cashflow is healthy, the property developers have all been bought out and the Trust has managed to claw back ownership and now holds a majority of shares thus giving a financial return to the fans who donated.

I recall reading them the very same night that a young Linda Lusardi came round with her twin sister and we had a game of hide the sausage, in a bath of warm custard - a game that only came to a premature end when a passing razorback clipped one of its wings on a chimney pot and crashlanded on our shed.

Yes, they released the full accounts before Christmas.

The figures showed that they are running at a considerable profit, the debts have been cleared, plans to expand the ground have been given the green light, cashflow is healthy, the property developers have all been bought out and the Trust has managed to claw back ownership and now holds a majority of shares thus giving a financial return to the fans who donated.

I recall reading them the very same night that a young Linda Lusardi came round with her twin sister and we had a game of hide the sausage, in a bath of warm custard - a game that only came to a premature end when a passing razorback clipped one of its wings on a chimney pot and crashlanded on our shed.

Heh.

1.6 PST Audited Accounts 2013/14 and Treasures Report

Steve Tovey apologised to his fellow PST Board Members and PST Members for not having the audited accounts. The audit had been booked at TaylorCocks for the 15th November but for various reasons this had not happened. The audit takes two days and TaylorCocks audit the PST accounts at no charge. Steve Tovey had thought he could get the accounts done last week but this had not been possible.

If the PST share percentage was 51% the accountancy fee would have been over £25,000.

Technically, although not financially, the PST accounts are linked with PCFC accounts. The PST accounts have to be submitted to the FCA.

PCFC accounts had been booked for audit on 5th November but this had not happened and they are not likely to be audited and signed off until the first week in January 2015, a key part of these accounts, which is holding Steve Tovey up, is the verification of PST’s shareholding in PCFC, the FCA will not accept the PST accounts until this is verified. Steve Tovey again apologised and said that once completed the PST accounts would be on the website. They will need to be approved at an SGM. If any members require a hard copy they are asked to leave their contact details and Steve Tovey will send them out at his own expense prior to the SGM. The SGM date will be confirmed once the accounts have been completed and audited.

PST has verified that there were 2499 shares at 30 June 2014 however this has to be verified at the PCFC audit before the PST accounts can be signed off. As part of the PST accounts the investment note will include a commentary that says the PST shares are reflected in the net assets of PCFC on 30 June 2014. This is the reason to align the PST year end date with that of PCFC.

Steve Tovey recommended to the PST Board that the next treasurer will need to ask the Club to book their audit earlier. The Club submit their accounts to Company’s House but the PST accounts have to be submitted to the FCA by the 31st January 2014. Because January is a busy period for accountants Steve Tovey recommended in future the accounts should be finalised by the end of November or early December.

One month ago, 10th Dec

Have I missed these ?

Nope, not yet..

9. Progress on PST accounts and FCA Return 2013/14

Steve Tovey said the accounts audit is booked for the 5th and 6th of January 2015. The audit will be done but the signing off of the accounts still cannot be done as James is still waiting for figures.

Ken Malley said that at the last meeting there had been discussion on Tony Foot paying a fine himself to the FCA last year. KM has spoken to TF who says no fine was paid but he had paid for the annual FCA subscription, which may be more this year.

And still not published.

Utter amateurism.

http://www.pompeytrust.com/minutes

Let's not be too harsh on the Pompey Trust. They were busy ousting the chairman 2 days after the AGM where there was no mention whatsoever about said imminent ousting to worry about the triffling matter of late accounts.

#transparent

As transparent as rally boys custard

The issue with their accounts is really very simple:

Pompey Supporter's Trust - "We own the club"

Portsmouth Football Club Auditors - "No you don't"

Pompey Supporter's Trust - "Yes we do"

Portsmouth Football Club Auditors - "Oh no you don't"

Pompey Supporter's Trust - "Oh yes we do"

Portsmouth Football Club Auditors - "Prove it"

Pompey Supporter's Trust - "We've got shares"

Portsmouth Football Club Auditors - "Pardon?"

Dear Nutjobs, I am concerned that we, like Dinsoaurs may soon become Extinct in this new Epoch (Copyright Gary Neville after we won at OT last weekend)

For 10 years until 2007 I worked with an Egyptian guy, who became a great friend. He suffered on many occassions as we tore around Cairo or Damascus (in those days) trying to find the televised Saints game. I left that company and hadn't seen him in over 7 years.

We met up last night as he was in town for work. 5 years ago he was transferred to Beirut and his family have grown up there in Arabic International Schools. In that time he had only noticed that like me, Southampton had "disappeard" and not being a footy fan himself he had simply forgotten those crazy days.

A couple of months ago his Son (aged 13) came to him because he was struggling to download an App on his mobile. The Lad is learning English but was having problems. Dad took the phone and found that the Lad was downloading the Saintsfc Official Web Site for Mobile.

Dad said? What is this Southampton? Son said yes Dad of course, I support them now.

What? Why? Oh don't be stupid Dad EVERYONE knows them, they play the best football and have all of the best players. Everyone at School is now a fan, we watch all their games.

Dad was surprised at this and spent an hour or so discovering we were back in the EPL etc. He then thought back to days working with me and said to his Son. "I guess you also now have to hate Portsmouth their big rivals"

The Son simply said.

"Who? don't be silly Dad everyone knows Saints only want to do better than Spurs now"

#globalsfc. A new Epoch.

The following is fresh from scumonline, I logged on just to check on their progress following the Newport debacle :mcinnes: :lol:

"Brilliant Article. It just shows that deep down they have such insecurity about their status next to ours both as a club and as fans.

The mere fact the article when discussing our success had no mention of 2008 FA Cup win is evidence alone they all try and dismiss that year as never happening.

The article was also a good indication that they hate the fact our fans are known for being amongst the best in terms of noise and support on a match day compared to their in bred plastic fans who cannot string a sentence together to be able to even sing a song at a football game.

Every Scummer I've ever known has always had that bitter and dismissive view of Pompey. It's in their DNA. At home to Bristol Rovers last season some sad idiot hired a plane to fly over Fratton Park with a banner reading "SFC, always looking up at us"

That shows how much just being above us in the football pyramid is a success to the pony fiddlers. Why a Premiership team (doing very well this season) would give a monkeys that their rivals in L2 has signed a striker is beyond me. Maybe because no player has ever signed for the scum and said "I'm here because of the fans and the potential of the club"

The facts remains PFC have achieved something that many clubs will never do. We have been Champions of England. Not just once but twice. And we are one of few clubs to win it back to back. Scum will never ever be Champions of England and they know it.

Even a random competition like the FA Cup we have won more times. Their only arguement was the fact our success was so long ago and their trophy success was the most recent (even though it was in the 70's) and now that little triumph is over since 2008.

Also we have smashed them 4-1 both home and away in recent years and unless I'm mistaken 4-1 was the last result between the two sides.

Bitter, twisted and will never be as successful as Pompey or ever have fans as passionate.

I look forward to the day when the tables are reveresed yet again and we are in the top flight and they are in financial trouble. Wonder if they would have fans that would do a community buy out? I doubt it."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If anyone is interested, the original article is as follows, great trolling to someone however, definitely got some bites over there so big thumbs up ;)

I see that scummers are still bitter and twisted and it is eating them alive

Look what this sad individual has written

Within hours of signing for Portsmouth Matt Tubbs looks like having to issue a grovelling apology to Pompey supporters.

Matt Tubbs probably thought he was saying all the right things when interviewed by the local paper the Portsmouth News following his move from AFC Bournemouth along the South Coast.

However although he did mention essentials in any new Pompey signings repetoire to excite the fans such as "Taking a pay cut to join" "massive potential" "promotion push" "Turning down a host of sides, including AFC Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers and Southend" he failed to mention the most sacred of things to members of the Blue Few.

Tubbs in his excitement at being pictured in font of some metal fencing and netting at the clubs Copnor Training base forgot to confirm that the only reason that he had joined was because of the "club's magnificent and wonderful fans who are the best in the world"

Of course this example would have been at the lower end of the scale of praise that Pompey supporters expect from any new signing, even throwing in that being part of Pompey' s rebirth was the major attraction to him signing will not endear him to Pompey supporters now.

His abject failure to mention their status up amongst the elite of World Football Fans will be seen as a major snub from a player who clearly will be seen in Pompey speak "To have no passion nipper innit"

If only Tubbs like many before him had mentioned the Fratton Faithful as being alongside Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona Real madrid or even Boca Juniors then he would be revered, but instead now he will be seen as a player who clearly knows nothing about football or its supporters, that he is a man who puts things like 30,000 plus average attendances season in season out ahead of a man in fancy dress blowing a bugle in a sparse stadium in the greatest ever supporters stakes.

But given that Tubbs experienced that "Unique atmosphere" only a week or so ago when he played for AFC Wimbledon at Fratton he will be seen as having no excuses.

In fairness to Tubbs at a few months short of his 31st birthday he is too young to remember the great days of Portsmouth Football Club as is probably his Father, back in the days before Bill haley & The Comets invented rock & roll, Pompey won championships with the Royal Navy packing the ground whilst they sat around waiting for the next war.

He is not even old enough to remember the glory years of the 60's & 70's when 8,000 would often cram into Fratton testing its then 49,000 capacity to the limits.

If as expected Tubbs does issue a full apology, one that makes it absolutely clear that no other football club has fans as passionate as Pompey, then hopefully he can take his place as a Pompey great, a position reserved only for those that sign more than a 3 month loan agreement, a rareity in these modern times and who have not within 4 games of joining prompted Pompey fans to write countless comments on the Portsmouth News site to suggest that the manager must have been clueless to sign such a useless player and therefore "Both must be drummed out of this great club"

Another example of Pompeymyth

Someone told me this morning that there is great excitement on one of their boards at the 'news' that we only took 257 supporters to Ipswich.

Understand that the figure was 1,257.

Nothing outstanding but reasonable for a mid week game, live on BBC and sandwiched between away trips to Manchester and Newcastle.

I am sure this will soon become part of folklore down there

I see that scummers are still bitter and twisted and it is eating them alive

Look what this sad individual has written

Within hours of signing for Portsmouth Matt Tubbs looks like having to issue a grovelling apology to Pompey supporters.

Matt Tubbs probably thought he was saying all the right things when interviewed by the local paper the Portsmouth News following his move from AFC Bournemouth along the South Coast.

However although he did mention essentials in any new Pompey signings repetoire to excite the fans such as "Taking a pay cut to join" "massive potential" "promotion push" "Turning down a host of sides, including AFC Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers and Southend" he failed to mention the most sacred of things to members of the Blue Few.

Tubbs in his excitement at being pictured in font of some metal fencing and netting at the clubs Copnor Training base forgot to confirm that the only reason that he had joined was because of the "club's magnificent and wonderful fans who are the best in the world"

Of course this example would have been at the lower end of the scale of praise that Pompey supporters expect from any new signing, even throwing in that being part of Pompey' s rebirth was the major attraction to him signing will not endear him to Pompey supporters now.

His abject failure to mention their status up amongst the elite of World Football Fans will be seen as a major snub from a player who clearly will be seen in Pompey speak "To have no passion nipper innit"

If only Tubbs like many before him had mentioned the Fratton Faithful as being alongside Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona Real madrid or even Boca Juniors then he would be revered, but instead now he will be seen as a player who clearly knows nothing about football or its supporters, that he is a man who puts things like 30,000 plus average attendances season in season out ahead of a man in fancy dress blowing a bugle in a sparse stadium in the greatest ever supporters stakes.

But given that Tubbs experienced that "Unique atmosphere" only a week or so ago when he played for AFC Wimbledon at Fratton he will be seen as having no excuses.

In fairness to Tubbs at a few months short of his 31st birthday he is too young to remember the great days of Portsmouth Football Club as is probably his Father, back in the days before Bill haley & The Comets invented rock & roll, Pompey won championships with the Royal Navy packing the ground whilst they sat around waiting for the next war.

He is not even old enough to remember the glory years of the 60's & 70's when 8,000 would often cram into Fratton testing its then 49,000 capacity to the limits.

If as expected Tubbs does issue a full apology, one that makes it absolutely clear that no other football club has fans as passionate as Pompey, then hopefully he can take his place as a Pompey great, a position reserved only for those that sign more than a 3 month loan agreement, a rareity in these modern times and who have not within 4 games of joining prompted Pompey fans to write countless comments on the Portsmouth News site to suggest that the manager must have been clueless to sign such a useless player and therefore "Both must be drummed out of this great club"

I don't see anything wrong with that article.....

I want Connolly to score the goal the delivers the relegation to the conference that they deserve.

...with a 95th minute winner for York City at Nottarfkrap, on the last day of the season, from an offside position, at the Fratton end, shirt off, revealing "You skate b*stards" emblazoned on his vest, with the bolstered "away" crowd going wild.

I recently noticed that Mr Paragraph (English - Anglia Polytechnic University 1993 - 1996) and myself share a common friend on Facebook. His profile is pretty locked down and ignoring the photos with the wife and kids, I did find these…

2eounmo.jpg

20kvux2.jpg

w1aemp.jpg

That last one is almost screaming out for a Photoshop geek to cut out and resize for an emoticon… :D

Thats why I called him a tit , the player hasn't even played at league 1 level yet.

Aged 21, he has enjoyed fruitful loan spells away from Upton Park at Hearts, Torquay, Aldershot and AFC Wimbledon during the previous two seasons.

However, the towering McCallum has yet to play a first-team game during the current campaign

YMMV

I went to footie training tonight down in Portsmouth: on a school's all weather pitch. My route took me past Roko, with all the 5 a side games in full swing. Can anybody tell me where Pompey's training pitches are? I only ask because there were a couple of full sized movable goals up against a fence, and the pitch they presumably are used on probably had a few Grey Mullet swimming around in the puddles (or puddle, as most of it seemed to be..)..

Edit: I may have been looking at the wrong place, but given the appallling state of the pitch at Fratton Park I think I can be excused!

Edited by suewhistle

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})