Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

OK - who can read between the lines...

Agent Connolly on leaving Pompey:

"It was not meant to be and I have now joined someone who wants to work with me. But there are a lot of really good people at Pompey, such as the chairman, the chief executive, the players and the board, while Gary Waddock is a terrific coach I previously worked with at Oxford."

"It was not meant to be and I have now joined someone who wants to work with me. But there are a lot of really good people at Pompey, such as the chairman, the chief executive, the players and the board, while Gary Waddock is a terrific coach I previously worked with at Oxford."

"I f*ckin hate Awford."

Why cant they just come out and say "I left because i thought the gaffer was a knob"

Another example of Pompeymyth

Someone told me this morning that there is great excitement on one of their boards at the 'news' that we only took 257 supporters to Ipswich.

Understand that the figure was 1,257.

Nothing outstanding but reasonable for a mid week game, live on BBC and sandwiched between away trips to Manchester and Newcastle.

I am sure this will soon become part of folklore down there

For the record:

erho3s.jpg

And who could forget.............?

wssluc.jpg

skates away........in the Premier League..........on a Saturday...........not live on TV.

Deluded fookwits.

Thats excellent, well done Agent Connolly

New North Stand car park to be used

Portsmouth Football Club would like to advise supporters that work has commenced on the new Tesco store next to the ground.

As a result, the land behind the Fratton End is no longer available for supporters to use as a car park, either during the week or on a matchday.

It also means that on Saturday there will be no public access behind the Fratton End until the ticket booths open at 11am.

The area behind the North Stand will now formally become the club’s new main car park (access via Anson Road) and, as part of the overall development, a temporary surface has been used.

There are approximately 230 parking bays, with 26 of these designated as accessible spaces.

All spaces are available on a first come, first served basis and are charged at £5.

Portsmouth Football Club are also pleased to announce the creation of a designated drop-off point in Anson Road.

Tickets are still available for Saturday’s League Two clash with Burton and can be bought online here.

On Saturday, home fans can buy tickets from the booths behind the Fratton End, which open at 11am

Read more at http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/information-on-car-parking-at-portsmouth-2208286.aspx#pKdhVgTWbgXmYQOe.99

"....as part of the overall development, a temporary surface has been used."

Ahahahahahaa. Ahem.

Funny because i could have sworn the Trust's board meeting minutes painted a somewhat different picture

http://www.pompeytrust.com/attachments/articles/a20235_Summary%20of%20PST%20Board%20Meeting%20291214.doc

. Car Park behind the North Stand

MW said he has asked AB to confirm the car park is finished. Several BMs thought the gravel looked too deep and unfinished. MT felt the specification is not good enough and it is being looked at and the cost for changing it all to black top. MT said the specification is as agreed but is being checked. The surface does not seem to be the answer. DF felt it should have been made known beforehand what surface was being laid. ST said the disabled bit is fine but there are more blue badge holders than the specified tarmac areas and it is very difficult to push a wheel chair through the gravel surface. There is concern that when the weather is wet the gravel will spread everywhere.

"....as part of the overall development, a temporary surface has been used."

Ahahahahahaa. Ahem.

Funny because i could have sworn the Trust's board meeting minutes painted a somewhat different picture

http://www.pompeytrust.com/attachments/articles/a20235_Summary%20of%20PST%20Board%20Meeting%20291214.doc

. Car Park behind the North Stand

MW said he has asked AB to confirm the car park is finished. Several BMs thought the gravel looked too deep and unfinished. MT felt the specification is not good enough and it is being looked at and the cost for changing it all to black top. MT said the specification is as agreed but is being checked. The surface does not seem to be the answer. DF felt it should have been made known beforehand what surface was being laid. ST said the disabled bit is fine but there are more blue badge holders than the specified tarmac areas and it is very difficult to push a wheel chair through the gravel surface. There is concern that when the weather is wet the gravel will spread everywhere.

I'm pretty sure that the new car park is a gravel trap for speeding mobility scooters. Health and safety innit.

Portsmouth Football Club would like to advise supporters that work has commenced on the new Tesco store next to the ground.

????

Is this true? And what does it mean?

Groundwork has begun on a speculative development, that may or may not have Tesco as a tenant.

'Saturday’s League Two clash with Burton'......the one everyone is [not] talking about !

On paper, their respective league positions suggest an easy 3 points for Burton.

However those will be the hardest fought, most passionately resisted and tinpotmost 3 points they've ever won, they'll be slinking away with their tails between their legs, knowing their victory was unfairly won and wishing they had the support of football's pluckiest gaptoothiest and downright mephitic fans

gaptoothiest is a gumtastic word, in the true spirit of nutjobbery!

You could also describe some within the club for local people as overfingered or just fans of sisterbothery.

The PTS thread - twisting language like a children's entertainer making surprised-looking dogs out of balloons.

gaptoothiest is a gumtastic word, in the true spirit of nutjobbery!

You could also describe some within the club for local people as overfingered or just fans of sisterbothery.

The PTS thread - twisting language like a children's entertainer making surprised-looking dogs out of balloons.

Challenge accepted :)

local people - 'most local'

overfingered - 'polydactylic'

sisterbothery - 'adelphephilic'

You know how low you've reached when....a draw at home to Burton is declared a "good point" :lol:

@bigadamsport: Great win for #AFCB - good point for #Pompey - now let's see if #saintsfc can keep it going !! Live commentary on all frequencies from 17:30

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-galvaniser-who-now-divides-pompey-opinion-1-6525508

Neil seems to be hedging his bets on the Hero Villain Swingometer today.

One interesting comment describes the squad as a bloated squad of misfits from previous regimes. Suggests Pompey still offering long contracts for no hopers.

It's kinda like they haven't learned a single lesson from he last few years...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

New film based upon Portsmouth coming out soon, the script has been written and production is well under way.

MOV_8c661eef_b.jpg

Sadly, their best actor has left as he couldn't get on with the director. David Connolly is said to already have agreed a new part in something that will be a much more successful.

I wonder how many skates enjoyed watching us win three times in seven days on TV?

They'll be consoling themselves that they're climbing the ladder having made it to mid-table in the 4th tier, whilst we remain rooted to the top three.

The fact that results at the foot of their table have gone against them leaving them a filthy fingernail's breadth from relegation won't trouble them in the slightest.

That third televised win for us, strengthening our position in the top 4 whilst they have dropped closer to the relegation places at the bottom of the entire football league, has only served to make me even more bitter and jealous of them :-(

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})