Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Something constructive for the few to ponder - a quick business analysis of the problems encountered since the Trust launched this great new company...

The board appointed a poor manager.

The poor manager performed poorly, the board blamed him and sacked him.

That mistake cost money.

They appointed another poor manager, this time after he has already failed at his previous club.

That appointment of a poor manager upset their only quality player, he stopped playing.

That mistake cost money.

The new poor manager performed poorly and eventually needed replacing.

That mistake cost money.

The board appointed yet another poor manager, he performed poorly, so they learned from previous errors...and sacked his assistant.

That mistake cost money.

That gave the current poor manager free rein to perform even more poorly - and results got even worse.

Likely outcome - the board will appoint yet another poor manager shortly.

The mistake will cost money.

The common factor in every poor decision?

The board.

Things we have learned?

1. If you appoint someone who isn't very good don't be surprised if they aren't very good, their appointment is your fault not theirs.

2. When we said on day one that there didn't seem to be much quality in that boardroom we weren't just jealous bitter scummahs.

But on the other hand, you need to balance that off with all their successes:

The new tip-top playing squad

The re-vamped academy

The new pitch

The new training ground facilities

The new training pitches

The new replica kits

The new car park

The increased capacity at FP

You have to hand it to the new Board, they've really turned things around and, at last, some would say they're now heading in the right direction

I've noticed a new level of stupidity and hypocrisy amongst pompey fans recently. They've started referring to us as 'a sky franchise fc', presumably taking the moral high ground because they're fan owned etc. However they still bang on about their 2008 cup win, the other cup final and their 'success' in the prem, even though they at the time were more 'sky franchise fc' than anyone what with the ridiculous spending beyond their means.

It's also a stupid label to put on us anyway considering how well run we are and how we're most probably going to make a sizeable profit for this financial year.

This is excellent. They're only 3 points plus goal difference above dropping out of the football league. Any chance we can send some of the U21s out to get some first team experience with some of their rivals?

At first I wanted them to hang about so we'd have a chance to get them in the cups, but now that they can't even get into the same round as us in either cup, they may as well hurry up and get relegated.

Any POL quotes from the insiders please?

The board have banked monies from a necessary, if wretched Tesco deal. It is a poor state of affairs if we do not have the means to swoop for an incumbent boss, however well entrenced at his [lower league] club. A performance-related contract for Phil Brown is my choice.

It's time to also start looking at a board shake up. Off the pitch great, on it abysmal decisions.

Somewhere along the line, and imo pretty quickly, we must develop a philosophy of our own. And much as I hate to say it the board need to look a little way down the road to look at the lessons we could learn from our neighbours.

No DOF position for Awford. No nothing. I'm sorry. It's time to get ruthless. We are too nice as a club now. No bite on or off the pitch. We welcome away teams and make them feel at home. We try to accommodate all and everyone and now is the time to get a bit nasty.

We need a mass clear out, Awford, coaching staff everyone. Bring a new manager in and let that manager appoint his own staff. Let him decide at the end of the season which players will get new contacts out of the 16 that are out of contract and which ones will go.

And finally, the straw-clutchiest posts

On a positive note.... the scummers aren't going to Wembley.

Made my day... It's bad enough them doing well this season, the last thing we want is them winning a cup!

it would be great if Derby or Middlesbrough could win it, I think. Derby are ike Pompey in many ways- they are, unlike Scummers, a great provincial club.

Just to double check my understanding of the word 'provincial', I've looked it up:

"Of or concerning the regions outside the capital city of a country, esp. when regarded as unsophisticated or narrow-minded"

Narrow-minded and unsophisticated? Yeah sure, that sounds like Derby and Portsmouth.

I've noticed a new level of stupidity and hypocrisy amongst pompey fans recently. They've started referring to us as 'a sky franchise fc', presumably taking the moral high ground because they're fan owned etc. However they still bang on about their 2008 cup win, the other cup final and their 'success' in the prem, even though they at the time were more 'sky franchise fc' than anyone what with the ridiculous spending beyond their means.

It's also a stupid label to put on us anyway considering how well run we are and how we're most probably going to make a sizeable profit for this financial year.

The only reason they still exist is because Sky's parachute money kept them afloat over the last 5 years.

# Pompey fan selective memory klaxon #

Trousers you bitter green-eyed scummah, they were absolutely fine back then and fully solvent! :x

It was only when the child-maimer got a bit unlucky on the world markets that things went slightly awry, not that he owned the club illegally or anything like that.

And there was definitely no problem before the FA Cup theft, or the win at St Marys, other than the odd administration.

So the new company gets to keep ALL of the results of the four previous companies and just loses the odd £100M of debt here and there - same as we did, same as Chelsea and Man Utd have.

And if they do have to pay off another manager the parachute payments will cover it cos they is ringfenced.

Waddock would be an annoyingly good appointment. Perfectly capable of taking them into the play offs next season, you'd think.

Agreed.

The Conference play-offs that is. He's got great experience having got Aldershot out of non-league, plus Tubbs scored for fun at that level with Crawley.

;)

I check my daughters FB and Twitter every week for cyber safety or whatever it's called. Anyway after reading the above , thought I'd use her account to check out the #pompey . **** me , they are even more deluded than I thought. Some of the runners and riders , according to them ( and some posted "realistically " , so I'd dread to see the unrealistic ones )

Nigel Adkins

Alan Curbishly

Neil Warnock

Tim Sherwood

Uwe rosler

Paulo di Cannio

I did want to post " you ****ing deluded twts, but can't as it's a 14 year old girls account.

One even wrote "I'd consider Nigel Adkins" . ****ing consider, chumps

Trousers you bitter green-eyed scummah, they were absolutely fine back then and fully solvent! :x

It was only when the child-maimer got a bit unlucky on the world markets that things went slightly awry, not that he owned the club illegally or anything like that.

And there was definitely no problem before the FA Cup theft, or the win at St Marys, other than the odd administration.

So the new company gets to keep ALL of the results of the four previous companies and just loses the odd £100M of debt here and there - same as we did, same as Chelsea and Man Utd have.

And if they do have to pay off another manager the parachute payments will cover it cos they is ringfenced.

for once Idont agree with your assessment, they were in the mire under Mandaric,

It was in the media that they were £150 min debt. MM was very clever to get rid then. I do hope he does not return when he sells Sheff Wed

for once Idont agree with your assessment, they were in the mire under Mandaric,

It was in the media that they were £150 min debt. MM was very clever to get rid then. I do hope he does not return when he sells Sheff Wed

The biggest fan 'owned' club, lauded across the land as the beacon of how fans want to be connected to the club, a community club. They wouldn't 'sell' it to MM or anyone, that would never happen.

The liehberr's bought the "club" and immediately pinned £27m worth of loans to scum. When the "club" advanced towards the PL they converted the loan to shares. Two things about this.

Firstly when running up a further £25m of operating losses to get to the PL, had this investment gone belly up you lot would have been left high and dry the same as we were by Gaydemake and Chanari.

Secondly they converted the loan to shares just before securing promotion to the PL to get the maximum return. That is the shares would soon be were worth more that the loans so they converted them for their own benefit. They have not acted for the good of the "club" but in manner that protects themselves and maximises there return. This is their reason for buying and remaining at scum.

My main point is that since being in the Premier League the club have made clear that they will not entertain the Europa League. Last year when you played Sunderland you had absolutely nothing to gain or lose in the PL being marooned in 8th place with a stack load of points between both 7th and 9th. Still the reserves were put out and a genuine chance of success gone west. Why? because the owners don't want to risk Europa League football which will either require a bigger squad or likely to have an adverse effect on PL prize money returns. This season near full strength teams have been put out but Keoman let the cat out the bag when he said that scum "needed to be seen to be taking the competition seriously". Clearly you are not.

Yes, they have invested in the academy but they have not returned to the first team squad or the club the money they have brought in. There is a reserve which, if it hasn't been already, it will be returned to the Liebherr's in the form of a dividend before the club is sold.

If they left tomorrow they would have left you in a better financial but they would not sell the club tomorrow. Before any sale it is clear (as was seen last summer when i personally believe the club was on the brink of sale) they would sell the family jewels and clear out the bank account first. What is more they will leave you with the same number of major trophies in the cabinet. Please don't be fooled; they are not at scum for the good of the club, the community, the youth academy and certainly not to win any trophies. They are there to make money and that is the top and bottom of it. That means no prospect of winning a trophy as it makes no money or, more precisely, risks far more significant sums of PL prize money.

So I return to my point... It's all fine and well having money but if you're owners are only geared to making money there is in the current structure no prospect of such clubs striving to win a trophy. With no intention of actually winning any trophies what is the point of being a football club? The harsh reality is, like Newcastle and Villa, you exist to sit in mid-table and collect premier league prize money whilst costs are kept to a minimum and fans taken for as much as they are prepared to be bled for. You are so welcome to it cause even though we sit at the bottom of the 4th Division, I sleep comfortably knowing that the 4:1 ratio of major trophy wins in our favour will remain for as long as the Liehberr's are in charge.

You "club" is not not football clubs because it no longer strives to be the best football club it can be; only to make money. You want to back a soulless corporate whore and line the pockets of our friendly jolly foreigners then be my guest.... the last laugh is on you!

All that Liebherr stuff is a relief, I thought we got outplayed by Sheffield United and Palace but it now appears that we deliberately lost those games.

I've also learned that apparently the laugh is on us. :(

Which has made me all jealous.

And I've just checked the glorious history of the business that operates from Fratton Park.

Formed 2013.

Best league finish - 13th League Two.

But on a positive note it's those little gems of delusion that fuel this thread, you forget how thick some of them are - go on tell me more about the dock strike and your shares...

The liehberr's bought the "club" and immediately pinned £27m worth of loans to scum. When the "club" advanced towards the PL they converted the loan to shares. Two things about this.

Firstly when running up a further £25m of operating losses to get to the PL, had this investment gone belly up you lot would have been left high and dry the same as we were by Gaydemake and Chanari.

Secondly they converted the loan to shares just before securing promotion to the PL to get the maximum return. That is the shares would soon be were worth more that the loans so they converted them for their own benefit. They have not acted for the good of the "club" but in manner that protects themselves and maximises there return. This is their reason for buying and remaining at scum.

My main point is that since being in the Premier League the club have made clear that they will not entertain the Europa League. Last year when you played Sunderland you had absolutely nothing to gain or lose in the PL being marooned in 8th place with a stack load of points between both 7th and 9th. Still the reserves were put out and a genuine chance of success gone west. Why? because the owners don't want to risk Europa League football which will either require a bigger squad or likely to have an adverse effect on PL prize money returns. This season near full strength teams have been put out but Keoman let the cat out the bag when he said that scum "needed to be seen to be taking the competition seriously". Clearly you are not.

Yes, they have invested in the academy but they have not returned to the first team squad or the club the money they have brought in. There is a reserve which, if it hasn't been already, it will be returned to the Liebherr's in the form of a dividend before the club is sold.

If they left tomorrow they would have left you in a better financial but they would not sell the club tomorrow. Before any sale it is clear (as was seen last summer when i personally believe the club was on the brink of sale) they would sell the family jewels and clear out the bank account first. What is more they will leave you with the same number of major trophies in the cabinet. Please don't be fooled; they are not at scum for the good of the club, the community, the youth academy and certainly not to win any trophies. They are there to make money and that is the top and bottom of it. That means no prospect of winning a trophy as it makes no money or, more precisely, risks far more significant sums of PL prize money.

So I return to my point... It's all fine and well having money but if you're owners are only geared to making money there is in the current structure no prospect of such clubs striving to win a trophy. With no intention of actually winning any trophies what is the point of being a football club? The harsh reality is, like Newcastle and Villa, you exist to sit in mid-table and collect premier league prize money whilst costs are kept to a minimum and fans taken for as much as they are prepared to be bled for. You are so welcome to it cause even though we sit at the bottom of the 4th Division, I sleep comfortably knowing that the 4:1 ratio of major trophy wins in our favour will remain for as long as the Liehberr's are in charge.

You "club" is not not football clubs because it no longer strives to be the best football club it can be; only to make money. You want to back a soulless corporate whore and line the pockets of our friendly jolly foreigners then be my guest.... the last laugh is on you!

:lol:

Yep, we did indeed "put out the reserves" against Sunderland in the FA Cup...

1 Davis

2 Clyne

23 Shaw

12 Wanyama

3 Yoshida

26 Hooiveld

16 Ward-Prowse (substituted for Schneiderlin at 62 minutes')

8 Davis

7 Lambert

20 Lallana (substituted for McQueen at 82 minutes')

21 Do Prado (substituted for Rodriguez at 62 minutes)

#pompeymythology

Edited by trousers

I check my daughters FB and Twitter every week for cyber safety or whatever it's called. Anyway after reading the above , thought I'd use her account to check out the #pompey . **** me , they are even more deluded than I thought. Some of the runners and riders , according to them ( and some posted "realistically " , so I'd dread to see the unrealistic ones )

Nigel Adkins

Alan Curbishly

Neil Warnock

Tim Sherwood

Uwe rosler

Paulo di Cannio

I did want to post " you ****ing deluded twts, but can't as it's a 14 year old girls account.

One even wrote "I'd consider Nigel Adkins" . ****ing consider, chumps

di Cannio :lol:

No, but could he buy Robinson out?

I was being a bit tongue in cheek Nick, MM would need more than Robinson's share to get a sale but it would be funny after all what was said if they revert back to the old ownership model.

Gary Neville eat your heart out... this is how you do football analysis.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/po...view-1-6542291

i noticed they couldn't look at the camera, this is superb analysis and I've put this ahead of my Guardian football weekly podcast for viewing.

That's brilliant.

Is this football's equivalent of a first world problem?

Errr... you do realize they work for a local newspaper?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/45-earth-shattering-local-news-headlines#.pmmkoLoW7

Yes, but even a story about a cat stuck up a tree would have been more worthwhile than a video with all the production value of a primary school project.

Edit - they could, for example, be writing a story about the missing accounts.....

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})