Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Credit where credit is due, a great result for them, taking a point off the leaders is a fine effort.

Unless of course you need to average two points per game to make the playoffs and one point per game to avoid relegation from the football league.

But great result.

Unless of course you need to average two points per game to make the playoffs and one point per game to avoid relegation from the football league.

But great result.

That being the key issue.

Hartlepool next is a cup final for the Skates.

Edited by TopGun

Sick buckets at the ready if you hadn't seen this before...

_69058380_bbc_plaque.jpg

They really do suck themselves off, don't they?

That plucky plastic plaque could use a bit of ethical hacking...

Anyway it seems we are forced to add another epithet to their growing list - mightiest :mcinnes:

Edited by Waterside.saint

Does any other jealous scummah see the irony in them trying to forget their past??

Look how well we have done, can we some more of your money please. Why waste money on a plaque when it could be better spent on a big bag of grass seed.

Sick buckets at the ready if you hadn't seen this before...

_69058380_bbc_plaque.jpg

They really do suck themselves off, don't they?

should really read:

ON THIS SITE ONCE MORE STANDS A FOOTBALL CLUB THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN

WE CANNOT CHANGE THE PAST BUT WE CAN PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED AND BANG ON ABOUT TROPHIES 'WON'

DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE WHO SAT IN THE STANDS AND CHEERED ON A TEAM BOUGHT BY CRIMINALS USING MONEY FROM ILLEGAL ARMS SALES AND STOLEN FROM CHARITIES, AND DIDN'T GIVE A SH!T

should really read:

ON THIS SITE ONCE MORE STANDS A FOOTBALL CLUB THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN

WE CANNOT CHANGE THE PAST BUT WE CAN PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED AND BANG ON ABOUT TROPHIES 'WON'

DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE WHO SAT IN THE STANDS AND CHEERED ON A TEAM BOUGHT BY CRIMINALS USING MONEY FROM ILLEGAL ARMS SALES AND STOLEN FROM CHARITIES, AND DIDN'T GIVE A SH!T

10/10 top nutjob :)

an excerpt from the guardian's deadline day blog.....“As an Argyle fan, I was quite excited to see Reuben Reid driving/crawling alongside me on the M27 into Portsmouth this morning,” emails David Fidler. “That is, excited up until I realised what this probably means – he was heavily linked with them in the summer, and if I was the best striker in League Two I probably wouldn’t be turning out for a basket-case club in freefall like Argyle…(not that Pompey are much better, but at least they’ll pay a decent wage).”

From what I’ve seen (bleary-eyed on the Football League Show), Reid is far too good for League Two.

an excerpt from the guardian's deadline day blog.....“As an Argyle fan, I was quite excited to see Reuben Reid driving/crawling alongside me on the M27 into Portsmouth this morning,” emails David Fidler. “That is, excited up until I realised what this probably means – he was heavily linked with them in the summer, and if I was the best striker in League Two I probably wouldn’t be turning out for a basket-case club in freefall like Argyle…(not that Pompey are much better, but at least they’ll pay a decent wage).”

I saw him (Reid) live recently and thought that he was an absolute donkey !

If he is going to be looked upon as the saviour, then God help them !

To be fair, one decent performance does not make a good player, so Holmes needs to back it up by playing well week in and week out.

It is telling however that a club that is perilously close to the drop zone would get rid of a player wanted by sides at the opposite end of the table. If you're not much cop you don't get suitors.

I think anyone who has been told by relegation candidates that they aren't good enough, who has then moved to a bigger club and scored, has probably earned the right to be a little smug, thus raising a question mark over the whole set-up at said relegation candidates.

#hero-villain

I see old Pompey Hero, or is it villian now, I'm not sure which, 47 year old Yakabu has joined Reading on loan.

Have Pompey missed a trick to get this old villain, or is it hero, back.

All their players - Past, Present or Imaginary - have ambiguous hero/zero/villain status depending on how close they are to their next Meltdown/Bankruptcy/Relegation/Insolvency

I see old Pompey Hero, or is it villian now, I'm not sure which, 47 year old Yakabu has joined Reading on loan.

Have Pompey missed a trick to get this old villain, or is it hero, back.

No trick missed, they are today pursuing a claim under their quadruple transfer clause sell on %

Their "Premier League star" has been given an ADDITIONAL four game suspension, which makes a total of SEVEN games for his red card last week :lol:

Just to make me laugh a smidgen louder, please tell me that they don't have a cancellation clause in the loan agreement.... :)

Their "Premier League star" has been given an ADDITIONAL four game suspension, which makes a total of SEVEN games for his red card last week :lol:

I saw he got a straight red for violent conduct but WTF did he do to get a 7 game ban, shove TCWTB's bell up where the sun don't shine?

quote from comments section -

Completely agree that this young man acted like an idiot, and has disgraced our Club

Let me tell you mate, he could have been caught pleasuring himself with an ugly male goat in a packed children's play area while both parties were dressed in full pompey kits, including socks, with him singing Gary Glitter hits out of tune, and he still wouldn't be able to disgrace the club more than the criminality and antics of the last decade - much of which you and your plucky chums have applauded, and still celebrate.

HMS Disgrace sailed long ago and was lost with all hands before making it to the Round Tower.

quote from comments section -

Completely agree that this young man acted like an idiot, and has disgraced our Club

Let me tell you mate, he could have been caught pleasuring himself with an ugly male goat in a packed children's play area while both parties were dressed in full pompey kits, including socks, with him singing Gary Glitter hits out of tune, and he still wouldn't be able to disgrace the club more than the criminality and antics of the last decade - much of which you and your plucky chums have applauded, and still celebrate.

HMS Disgrace sailed long ago and was lost with all hands before making it to the Round Tower.

Classic lol