Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I always remember them as Scummers, didn't hear Skate until around the 90's .

I'm sure there was a game at white hart lane where one of theirs , I think it was Anderton, was abused with "Scummer, scummer" every time he touched the ball and a ridiculous reporter writing that we were shouting " sieg heil" , with it being at spurs , quite a nasty accusation . Is my memory playing tricks with me or did this really happen , the article I mean as I know the abuse did .

You not getting mixed up with the Millwall/Brighton "Seagulls" thing are you?

Premier League club with massive TV income and huge areas of free land turns into landlocked potless League Two club in five years. :o

Wow, nicely done!

That aerial photo shows just how much this deal for a few parking spaces has blocked any future development.

The diagram that used to show all the available land explained why they were attractive as an investment.

If Mandaric or Redknapp or whoever wanted to invest now, there is nowt of value left to buy.

It's as if the Harbourdome dream never happened. :(

And what happens with the property developers once they have their cash?

A gentle withdrawal, a sale of their control?

Find the begging bowls, it's nearly time to dig deep again!!

# Weekly bestest fans klaxon #

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/awford-after-another-daggers-demolition-1-6569921

‘Last year we had the whole of one end behind the goal and a load down the side.

‘We almost had more fans in the ground than they did! That’s pretty amazing.

‘It was a special moment for me walking back to them after the game.

‘I just hope it’s the same tonight.’

The geography of Victoria Road places the bulk of away supporters around the tunnel behind one of the goals.

That meant the home players had to run the gauntlet through raucous away fans last season.

Pompey’s players were lifted by their followers and their backing before and during the match, before receiving their acclaim as they left the pitch.

Awford has no doubt his team will benefit from a repeat of that scenario.

He said: ‘I felt a bit sorry for their players that day. They had to go back through it. It can’t be nice!

‘It will be interesting to see what the atmosphere will be like – well, I know what it’s going to be like.

‘It can have a psychological effect sometimes. It gave us a lift last year, that’s for sure. Our fans aren’t quiet are they!’

Premier League club with massive TV income and huge areas of free land turns into landlocked potless League Two club in five years. :o

Wow, nicely done!

That aerial photo shows just how much this deal for a few parking spaces has blocked any future development.

The diagram that used to show all the available land explained why they were attractive as an investment.

If Mandaric or Redknapp or whoever wanted to invest now, there is nowt of value left to buy.

It's as if the Harbourdome dream never happened. :(

And what happens with the property developers once they have their cash?

A gentle withdrawal, a sale of their control?

Find the begging bowls, it's nearly time to dig deep again!!

Another Meltdown approaches for the pluckiest... Well they know the drill now

That snooze video is the worst film ever made, allied to the worst attempt at reading, and script-writing, ever! :scared:

Shockingly poor, in every respect.

Can I take my hands off my face yet?

Make it stop.

I feel dirty.

Someone please find me Penny going off the top board to cheer me up...go on, I want to see the pool emptied by a lycra-clad wardrobe full of rubble falling with the aerodynamic grace of a garage door, one more time...anything other than watching that video again.

I wonder if Neil Allen has started to dabble in video editing for the Snooze.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/video-fans-cheer-pompey-s-vital-victory-1-6567994

25 secs in ........ Still Bucket Rattling I see. Maybe they can buy a new Cam-Corder or train someone how to focus the damn thing!!

As said by Trousers and RallyBoy .... the whole thing gives TinPottery a bad name.

Watch at your peril!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31357409

B

£5.1 billion TV deal, that would buy a lot of paint for fences and disabled parking bays.

But still, they prefer lower league football don't they.

That's practically a 200% increase in TV funding since the gaptoothiest got bored with the high life.

How they must loathe well-run PL clubs and their boring £millions

Edited by Waterside.saint

That's practically a 200% increase in PL media funding since the gaptoothiest got their comeuppance.

How they must loathe well-run PL clubs and their boring  £millions

That's going to take us to a level that may make some of them pig sick.

Hello Corp Ho. Wave_smiley.gif

Have come across another 'justification' for the SCUMMER insult.

Apparently there was an article in the April/May 1996 issue of the Fanzine 'Frattonise' which states that the term actually came out of a local fishing company dispute prior to WW1 which involved two companies with branches in Portsmouth and Soton.

As per usual Pompey myths, the nasty men from Soton broke the strike, hence the Scummer tag.

This has been taken as FACT by many in Pompey as it was included in a published version of a well known and impeccably researched fanzine so who would argue with such an esteemed publication!!!!!!!!.

The fact that no date has been ascribed to the so called dispute, no company name offered, no understanding that Southampton has never been recognised as a fishing port makes it all the more laughable.

Would be interesting to know how many 'excuses' for the so called strike are now in existence

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=2084756#post2084756

Simon Peach (@SimonPeach)

10/02/2015 20:06

"Premiership & you f***** it up," sing the #DagRed fans at #Pompey. A chant then repeated with Championship, League One & League Two.

:lol:

David Tiller ‏@Tillser

@SimonPeach @KellyMauger didn't **** up the FA Cup though....or the successive 4-1 victories over the dirty neighbours though. #cupwinners

:mcinnes:

Edited by trousers

:lol:

David Tiller ‏@Tillser

@SimonPeach @KellyMauger didn't **** up the FA Cup though....or the successive 4-1 victories over the dirty neighbours though. #cupwinners

:mcinnes:

Chuckles...they go shopwinning for stuff to sell for their drugs :D

Hashtag winning not another word for stealing ho ho..

Great to see out favorite picture gets an outing again.

Awesome .. was only wondering yesterday how the old girl was and if this pic would ever get published again, what with the back drop changing etc.

She should claim Royalties off The Echo.

Certainly given us more entertainment that Sh!tesmuff Fc have given their fans!!

Isn't the TV deal for League Two clubs worth less than a million a year?...

If Bournemouth go up they will earn approx the same amount in TV money for one season that pompey will take through all of their season ticket and matchday ticket income over the next twenty years. :o

I thought we picked the wrong time to drop out of the top flight but they had to go one better and picked a very unfortunate time to leave the top table.

Thank-you Avram you legend for ushering them away from all of the nasty big boy clubs that are jealous that they can't battle for a plucky draw at Dagenham on a Tuesday night.

The old gravedigging prossie-botherer might have pulled the trigger on their Premier League status, but his fine work was continued by Cotterill, Appleton and so many other future England managers.

It really has been a team effort to get them back where they belong.

I salute them all.

think its an old picture

I'm not sure, isn't the building site to the right where the new (empty) Tesco will be and nearest the camera looking like a beach is where the car park is - think you can just make out the parking spaces on the side nearest the stadium.

If that's right, could they still get the stadium turned 90 degrees? Looks like they might have room - except is there a sliver of land cutting the beach & stadium in two parts?

I'm not sure, isn't the building site to the right where the new (empty) Tesco will be and nearest the camera looking like a beach is where the car park is - think you can just make out the parking spaces on the side nearest the stadium.

If that's right, could they still get the stadium turned 90 degrees? Looks like they might have room - except is there a sliver of land cutting the beach & stadium in two parts?

Their plan for some time has been to rotate the ground 90 degrees. You can see that if they do ever get back up the leagues then there is room for a fare bit of redevelopment. Possibly, maybe, if, could, might, but they have a long way to go!

The very length of this thread is a monument to the size and scale of the ****takery that we are now afforded by their spectacular self destruction and our coterminous rise to the Champions League spots in the Premier League. It's been a joyous thing indeed. But I still don't think justice has been fully served, and a further relegation for the Pariahs of English Football is still needed to square the ledger.

The very length of this thread is a monument to the size and scale of the ****takery that we are now afforded by their spectacular self destruction and our coterminous rise to the Champions League spots in the Premier League. It's been a joyous thing indeed. But I still don't think justice has been fully served, and a further relegation for the Pariahs of English Football is still needed to square the ledger.

Don't forget #cupthieves

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})