Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Former English football executive Peter Storrie has been charged with turning the Central Coast Mariners into a "break-even club" amid a shake up at the A-League franchise.

The ex-West Ham and Portsmouth executive, who had previously been used by the Mariners as a consultant, was on Thursday appointed the club's executive vice chairman

in an effort to turn around the cash-strapped side's lagging fortunes.

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/football/mariners-appoint-ex-english-football-executive/ar-BBhJWVN

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-striker-keen-to-extend-cambridge-streak-1-6590956

Matt Tubbs will attempt to fire Pompey to away-day success while bidding to extend his extraordinary :mcinnes: goalscoring record against Cambridge tomorrow.

The Blues striker has netted six goals in seven matches against the Abbey Stadium outfit – stretching across his spells with Salisbury, Crawley and AFC Wimbledon.

Or, to look at it another way, he's scored 1 goal against Cambridge in the last 5 years, and that was in a 2-1 defeat.

#pompeyspin #tinpot

I've not seen anything about this, what's the detail? Links, forum posts, etc...

Probably best to ask Joey-deacons-left-nut what gave rise to this post. I've not heard or seen anything myself. Just reading between the lines, as one is prone to do.

So, Micah "the messiah" hall and the case of the 3k in the accounts.... All kicking off at the moment

Former English football executive Peter Storrie has been charged with turning the Central Coast Mariners into a "break-even club" amid a shake up at the A-League franchise.

The ex-West Ham and Portsmouth executive, who had previously been used by the Mariners as a consultant, was on Thursday appointed the club's executive vice chairman

in an effort to turn around the cash-strapped side's lagging fortunes.

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/football/mariners-appoint-ex-english-football-executive/ar-BBhJWVN

Perfect. I have alerted my mates from my old firm of insolvency practitioners in Sydney, they could use the extra work

I went on to fol where they are crying about the posting being deleted , now there is another couple up.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=578016

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=578019

It's not defamatory if it's factual, as I'm sure Thievin' Mike will attest to. So let's lay down the facts:

1. Three grand was raised specifically to pay for Mike's legal bills, if this money was not required it would go to the PST.

2. Thievin' Mike either requested or was given the money, despite the legal bill not needing to be paid.

3. When asked to return the money, Thievin' Mike was unable to do so as the money had gone, despite it never being his in the first place and him having absolutely no right to spend it.

4. As a wannabe investigative journalist, Thievin' Mike would be impressed at how I've dug the dirt up on him and exposed the truth just as he did with Chainrai.

FACT

It isn't a rumour. It's been confirmed by a PST board member that Thievin' Mike received the money, it's in the PST accounts and the chairman of the PST has publicly stated that Thievin' Mike has agreed a repayment plan. For something to be re-paid, by definition it has to have been paid in the first place. It's evidently clear to all but the most hopeless spastics what's gone on here, and you well know it.

LOL

On a completely unrelated matter, I wonder why Mr Hall got so irate on Twitter when Ashley Brown was removed as Pompey Trust chairman in December?

Micah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000 Dec 30

Disgraceful and idiotic decision to remove @AshBeen23 as chairman of @PompeyTrust - jealous mediocrities abound.

NagoyaPompey ‏@Nagoyapompey7

@colinfarmery any comment about why Micah hall has to pay back 3000 to the PST, and who decided to give it to him in the 1st place?

Colin Farmery ‏@colinfarmery

@Nagoyapompey7 There's been more than enough comment on this matter already. It is a matter for the respective parties, both of whom I trust

@colinfarmery really? By whom? All I saw was one sentence in the news.

@Nagoyapompey7 If you haven't seen it you're probably fortunate. It's between Mike and PST and they are both acting in good faith I think.

@colinfarmery any comment about why Micah hall has to pay back 3000 to the PST, and who decided to give it to him in the 1st place?

@Nagoyapompey7 There's been more than enough comment on this matter already. It is a matter for the respective parties, both of whom I trust

@Nagoyapompey7 If you haven't seen it you're probably fortunate. It's between Mike and PST and they are both acting in good faith I think.

'I think'? That is the biggest get out of jail free card ever, especially as most on that isle are incapable of such a thing. In other words, I really hope so but don't know.

Good to see that the new era of transparency is now in full swing at the far end of the m27 :facepalm:

The accounts showed a debt of £2,990 that is owed to the trust from the club’s former engagement manager, Micah Hall.

This cash was raised two years ago through donations via Pompey’s 12th Man scheme as Mr Hall was fighting a legal battle.

The trust, which was looking after the money, gave it over to Mr Hall, who has now starting paying it back on a repayment program.

Chairman Ken Malley stressed this cash was ringfenced and was not part of general funds, but they decided to include it in accounts to be totally transparent.

He said: ‘It was his money. It was collected for him to use. A repayment plan has started.’

The accounts showed a debt of £2,990 that is owed to the trust from the club’s former engagement manager, Micah Hall.

This cash was raised two years ago through donations via Pompey’s 12th Man scheme as Mr Hall was fighting a legal battle.

The trust, which was looking after the money, gave it over to Mr Hall, who has now starting paying it back on a repayment program.

Chairman Ken Malley stressed this cash was ringfenced and was not part of general funds, but they decided to include it in accounts to be totally transparent.

He said: ‘It was his money. It was collected for him to use. A repayment plan has started.’

You mugs givit oo us and we giv it oo im. ee shuts up. appy days.

Erm..... I may be missing something obvious here but, if it's "his money" (that the Trust were "looking after" for him) then why on Earth would he need to pay it back? Furthermore, did the case ever go to court in the end? I don't recall reading any more about it after the "fighting fund" stories.

It was money raised towards a "fighting fund" for him on the understanding that any left over would go to the Trust. He never needed it to cover any legal costs (it all went very quiet on that, didn't it? I guess he didn't have to sell his house after all) but he's obviously spunked it on something else and no longer has it.

I wonder what percentage he's actually going to pay?

It was money raised towards a "fighting fund" for him on the understanding that any left over would go to the Trust. He never needed it to cover any legal costs (it all went very quiet on that, didn't it? I guess he didn't have to sell his house after all) but he's obviously spunked it on something else and no longer has it.

I wonder what percentage he's actually going to pay?

4p in the £ obviously! :)

I heard some news today from a Pompey supporter work colleague, who was at the Newport game having a meal before kickoff,

anyway he said that Sat on the table with him were two people who (which I can't remember if they were ex or currently involved with the club) talked about money missing from the club. Now if true may explain why the annual accounts have been delayed. Take it with a pinch of salt,

Perhaps this was the £3k

I dont remember this being put up but are these people real they are lucky to be escaping relegation not to be thinking of still getting to the 4th division playoff's

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31552479

I am still waiting for Crockett to turn up

I mentioned it a few posts ago - the disease of delusion down there is strong. Should have stayed at Wimbledon.

I've heard a rumour about a massive injection of cash coming next season ... £100 million or more. :scared: Along with a possible consortium takeover.

Anyway, enough about us. Have the fishy few found the missing £3000 yet? Must be a bit of a worry for them. :?

They looking inside the old sofa as we speak.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})