Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I see Agent Connolly has retired. We salute you sir.

Did a fine job for us no matter what the colour of his shirt! :D

Cheers St Dave, good luck!

Dont worry he'll pop up somewhere again, just after Easter :)

Probably like another long running "hero" of this saga.

(Because, after all, we just know deep down, that is how this saga rolls)

St Connolly's status, since he is after all a Saint rather than a favourite of the phew, is safe for ever

Initially £0, but the revised figure after two more administrations will be much nearer £0.

But however many donations went straight to DC he can't compete with Niemi when it comes to draining the finances down east.

He was paid £450,000 and got less pitch time than overexcited Villa fans.

ZERO appearances!

David Connelly cost £405 per minute played, which is based on 2397 minutes played, a £5k a week wage, receiving payment for the full 2.5 years, but Oxford paying all his wages during his six month loan.

How accurate those assumptions are I have no idea, but what do I care?

David Connelly cost £405 per minute played, which is based on 2397 minutes played, a £5k a week wage, receiving payment for the full 2.5 years, but Oxford paying all his wages during his six month loan.

Sp almost half a 'share' a minute. Excellent stuff.

There's a lot of interest in Jed Wallace at the moment...translates in reality as, Peterborough asked about him - over two years ago!

Since then, no offers.

Nice spin though, what with season ticket time around the corner.

It'll soon be time for the annual rallying cry and rousing sales talk about a promotion warchest and of course a free summer holiday for a random gaggle of out-of-contract journeymen.

Christ on a bike.

Almost 24 hours without a post on here.

OK so as there is no news how about a bit of fun speculation to pass the time.

Just imagine, under the current share holding agreement, where the club is doomed to another year in L2, and the finances are "not that great" that a random idiot (for the sake of balance and to avoid speculation in the wrong directions let's say a Kurdish Sunni with a bucket of wonga who wants an investment in the UK so he can get a Residence Visa)

So he goes up to the HNW's and says I will buy the club, I will invest and extra couple of mil to keep it building like a proper club from the bottom up - you know like AFC Wimbledon, but I will only give you 75% of what you value the club at but I want ALL the shares.

The HNW's are now given the chance to get out or pray for Tesco and agree.

What does the Trust do? Just how fast would the about face be? Would the Trust guys want to give up their seat in the Box? What if they said NO?

Forget the who's and where's and Tesco's for a moment, just think through the mess THIS could cause, maybe a year or 10 down the road?

Debate

Christ on a bike.

Almost 24 hours without a post on here.

OK so as there is no news how about a bit of fun speculation to pass the time.

Just imagine, under the current share holding agreement, where the club is doomed to another year in L2, and the finances are "not that great" that a random idiot (for the sake of balance and to avoid speculation in the wrong directions let's say a Kurdish Sunni with a bucket of wonga who wants an investment in the UK so he can get a Residence Visa)

So he goes up to the HNW's and says I will buy the club, I will invest and extra couple of mil to keep it building like a proper club from the bottom up - you know like AFC Wimbledon, but I will only give you 75% of what you value the club at but I want ALL the shares.

The HNW's are now given the chance to get out or pray for Tesco and agree.

What does the Trust do? Just how fast would the about face be? Would the Trust guys want to give up their seat in the Box? What if they said NO?

Forget the who's and where's and Tesco's for a moment, just think through the mess THIS could cause, maybe a year or 10 down the road?

Debate

Surely there must be less completely batsh*t mental ways to get a residence visa?

Depends who wants what I guess. The HNWs are businessmen first and foremost and will want a return on their investment, so it's in their interest to sell. I would guess most of the mugs, sorry supporters, who invested a grand are still deluded enough to expect some sort of return if the club is sold. Wonder how they will react when it finally sinks in that it was a one off DONATION. Maybe the promise of investment and promotion will be enough to satisfy?

End of the day they ain't going anywhere with the current setup. How long the phew are happy with League 2 and 'fan ownership' is anyone's guess.

Interesting times. Still.

Surely there must be less completely batsh*t mental ways to get a residence visa?

OK so a (obviously) batsh1t mental Euromilllions winner from Skatesmuff (unbelievably unlikely)

Nah I think the Sunni trying a novel way to avoid the Asylum seeker route (and just FYI I do know of a number of Businessmen from Tikrit, Alleppo, Damascus and Basra who have actually bought into UK companies and gone through the Investor Visa route. There's a couple of Companies in London that buy up Flats to rent out and they have some process that does that.

Bugger that's my 2nd post used up. I was going to use this to Posit my "Perhaps Danny Cohen has spent the last few years deliberately screwing Clarkson over" Conspiracy theory post

After all, the Editors/Producers could have cut some of the Angled Lorry Driver type jibes. Why has Oisin been Tweeting that it wasn't like that? Who forgot to tell Jezza to have his dinner in the Pub etc.

Sorry, GB, it was the only theory I could come up with that didn't say, what if Terry Venables or the mad Ice Cream bloke from Abu Dhabi came back with real money. I was ,more worried about the 24 hours than

Oh sod it. And in another post Chelsea will now have to tear into us on Sunday. We have been rubbish against Park the Bus teams but they will offer up space. IF we play Mane running at John Terry & Cahill we could get something yet every Saints fan is expecting us to get stuffed. (My Preview is in Sport 360 in Dubai on Sunday Editor is a Saints Fan and does a fan zone for all Televised games online)

Oh and HOW screwed up is America? Hosting an Iranian NEW YEAR PARTY? At the FRICKING WHITE HOUSE? http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/03/11/Persian-New-Year-celebration-held-at-White-House/1391426104236/

Oh and thank God/Buddha/Allah my Daughter is all growed up. Pity you poor sods with Young Daughters - Frozen 2 is coming Let one go Let one Go

Meanwhile what if the Trust get faced with the choice?

If any of the phew read this, they may end up getting very excited indeed. I'm sure they'd be happy to ditch their status as the biggest, bestest, bestest-supportedest club in the whole wide world for a mega-wad of Chinese cash. Then again, it does say he may buy a football club, not the football club, so he probably hasn't dared to set his sights so high...

If any of the phew read this, they may end up getting very excited indeed. I'm sure they'd be happy to ditch their status as the biggest, bestest, bestest-supportedest club in the whole wide world for a mega-wad of Chinese cash. Then again, it does say he may buy a football club, not the football club, so he probably hasn't dared to set his sights so high...

There was probably an element of the Liebherrs being attracted to Southampton because of their cranes in the Docks. Maybe this Chinese guy has an eye on the Navy's laundry contract. (said he with an eye on a Clarkson racial sterotype)

Very impressive, great job David. :thumbup: Even more impressive is Niemi's £450,000 for 0 minutes played.

I tried to divide £450,000 by 0, but my calculator blew up.

Ooh er. PST member resigning from the Board?

Luckily the PTS Thread never saw that coming.. No sireee, haven't seen ANY posts in the past few weeks vaguely alluding to anything going on at the Club Not at all never no way what a shock.

BBC Solent Sport@solentsport 3m3 minutes ago

Mick Williams has resigned as a board member of the @PompeyTrust and is therefore no longer eligible to serve as a Director of Portsmouth FC

Ooh er. PST member resigning from the Board?

Luckily the PTS Thread never saw that coming.. No sireee, haven't seen ANY posts in the past few weeks vaguely alluding to anything going on at the Club Not at all never no way what a shock.

BBC Solent Sport@solentsport 3m3 minutes ago

Mick Williams has resigned as a board member of the @PompeyTrust and is therefore no longer eligible to serve as a Director of Portsmouth FC

And good to hear the PST being demonstrably "open" and "transparent" in their interview with Solent about why MW resigned...

Mick Williams has resigned as a board member of the Pompey Supporters’ Trust and consequently will no longer be eligible to serve as a Director on the board of Portsmouth Community Football Club.

He stands down from both roles with immediate effect.

Mick said “The PST has evolved tremendously since its inception and this year has been no different with a lot happening at PST board level. Decisions are made by the PST board on a regular basis and board members don’t always agree on everything. I opted to resign on a matter of principle over a recent decision of the PST board”.

Given Mick’s resignation and in pursuant of clause 9.6 of the Shareholders’ Agreement, the PST board has elected a new PST representative to serve on the Club board (pending them passing the Football Associations Owners’ and Directors’ Test) and details of this appointment will be made in due course.

Following the news of Mick’s resignation, PST Chairman Ken Malley had the following to say:-

“Everyone that knows Mick, knows that his passion and enthusiasm is matched only by the effort that he puts in to anything that he is connected with. He has given so much to ensure the growth of the Trust and the acquisition of the club and I am sure all of our members will join me and our board in thanking him for his contribution - his continued input will always be welcome”.

Mick himself reflects fondly on the time he spent on both the PST and Club board:-

“Looking back to 2011 when CSI went into administration closely followed by our football club, it is almost unbelievable that we have come so far. The Pompey Supporters’ Trust, along with many other Pompey heroes, led the fight to save our club and ‘We did it’!

“I am very proud to have played my part in that fight and to have been an active Pompey director for the last two years”

Mick added “My family and I remain shareholders and staunch supporters of both the Trust and the club and we wish everybody connected with them the very best of luck in the future”.

Would be a pity if it was merely about shady 'loans' for the boys and not a PST decision to allow their shareholding to be further diluted through the acceptance of more external investment..

Unfortunately I think we have to accept that Pompey have thrown enough money at players to survive this year and possibly still hold a candle for the play-offs. However it only takes a couple of losses and they have no chance of that.

On the plus side the resignation of die hard Pompey fan Mick Williams does show that there is plenty of disagreement in the background about how the club is run. I think that was inevitable given the number of chiefs at the Trust and amongst the 11 HNW presidents. Long may that continue.

Unfortunately I think we have to accept that Pompey have thrown enough money at players to survive this year and possibly still hold a candle for the play-offs. However it only takes a couple of losses and they have no chance of that.

On the plus side the resignation of die hard Pompey fan Mick Williams does show that there is plenty of disagreement in the background about how the club is run. I think that was inevitable given the number of chiefs at the Trust and amongst the 11 HNW presidents. Long may that continue.

They already have no chance of the play offs. None whatsoever.

Anything other than promotion from league 2 next season would be an abject failure

But where is the money coming from for next year???

The parachute payments. The ice-cream man. Wishy-washy. The HNWs. The 250000 loyal fishfolk who packed Southsea common. The season ticket holders. Portsmouth City Council. HMRC.

They've definitely left behind the dark days of not knowing who is going to fund their next promotion campaign.

He resigned 'because of the behaviour of one of his fellow Trust board members'....which must have been pretty bad to make you want to jack it all in.

I think they need to come up with a good explanation before we invent 35 of our own.

My first guess is the rather odd loan to Europe's greatest investigative journalist.

He resigned 'because of the behaviour of one of his fellow Trust board members'....which must have been pretty bad to make you want to jack it all in.

I think they need to come up with a good explanation before we invent 35 of our own.

My first guess is the rather odd loan to Europe's greatest investigative journalist.

What? They loaned money to Neil Allen too....? ;)

Think every single one of the reasons has been posted on here at least since page 2032. Then add that to the current L2 position and the oft debated impact of another season in L2.

We don't need to invent anything. Even this page speculated on what may happen at Board level about a day before all this broke out.

If ONLY they had a Customer Engagement Manager around to manage the PR messaging.

Oh, another one for the list.

Just caught the last 30 minutes of Redknapp on Danny Kelly's 'My Sporting Life' show this evening... Carlsberg don't do nauseating re-writing of history, but if they did....

And Kelly has taken sycophancy to a whole new level.

Exactly my thoughts. The little bit about his time with us!!!No mention of the relegation, but all his victories were made to sound like a National celebration

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})