Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Of course, if Bournemouth were simply looking to release him on a free to get an additional squad place and trim their wage bill a little, the whole thing makes more sense - and it's probably safe to say that Pompey were the highest bidder in terms of contract and salary. Same old same old it seems.

He didn't have a squad place as he was on a season-long loan at AFC Wimbledon.

On the downside, as far as they are concerned, they are 81 places below us. On the upside, they are still a massive 12 places above Eastleigh. Any bets, anyone, on which one of us they'll face next in a league match?

Neither Eastleigh will bypass them with promotion

In this article, Awful claims P*mpey had 17 shots and Newport 8 in this match.

In the same article, the BBC's stats are rather different.

I know whose version of the truth I trust - again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30663564

Yes, the BBC in its biased and totally unfair coverage may have deliberately underestimated the sleepiest giants' barrage of on-target goal attempts, but I think you'll find those were the pluckiest goals that were ever unawarded :mcinnes:

Edited by Waterside.saint

A good few Portsmyths have resurfaced over on POL tonight :mcinnes:

Took a look at the uber thread yesterday. They were previously hysterical at the thought of the Tesco store not getting built as it would mean we'd go bust because we were dependent on that money and it would be the end of us. Now apparently it's the worst thing that could ever happen to us because we can't expand Fratton.

TBH, it's only about 5 posters that keep that thread going. The occasional sane one wanders on from their main board to call them sad, obsessed ******s, gets a dog load of abuse and then it's back to yet another conspiracy theory for them.

Every Scummer I've ever known has always had that bitter and dismissive view of Pompey. It's in their DNA. At home to Bristol Rovers last season some sad idiot hired a plane to fly over Fratton Park with a banner reading "SFC, always looking up at us"

That shows how much just being above us in the football pyramid is a success to the pony fiddlers. Why a Premiership team (doing very well this season) would give a monkeys that their rivals in L2 has signed a striker is beyond me. Maybe because no player has ever signed for the scum and said "I'm here because of the fans and the potential of the club"

The facts remains PFC have achieved something that many clubs will never do. We have been Champions of England. Not just once but twice. And we are one of few clubs to win it back to back. Scum will never ever be Champions of England and they know it.

Even a random competition like the FA Cup we have won more times. Their only arguement was the fact our success was so long ago and their trophy success was the most recent (even though it was in the 70's) and now that little triumph is over since 2008.

Also we have smashed them 4-1 both home and away in recent years and unless I'm mistaken 4-1 was the last result between the two sides.

Bitter, twisted and will never be as successful as Pompey or ever have fans as passionate.

I look forward to the day when the tables are reveresed yet again and we are in the top flight and they are in financial trouble. Wonder if they would have fans that would do a community buy out? I doubt it.

If they was in our position I reckon they'd struggle to average 7,000

The reason we say we're the bestest fans in the land though, is because we are the bestest fans in the land :kicking:

And the scummers know it

As I keep saying: I would rather be in the Fourth tier with Pompey's history than be in the Premiership with Scumpton's history.

Their best will never remotely get near our best.

"Maybe because no player has ever signed for the scum and said "I'm here because of the fans and the potential of the club" "

To be fair I can't recall a player who has said that.

EVERY player that has signed for us though has said how great our training facilities are... Something that is quite unlikely to be said about them!

"Maybe because no player has ever signed for the scum and said "I'm here because of the fans and the potential of the club" "

To be fair I can't recall a player who has said that.

Probably because we don't need a PR operation that has to tell them constantly how 'bestest' they still are in spite of all evidence to the contrary :lol:

EVERY player that has signed for us though has said how great our training facilities are... Something that is quite unlikely to be said about them!

Which doesn't need PR artistry because it is self-evident :D

Edited by Waterside.saint
Corrected grammar

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/awford-dismisses-big-spending-claims-1-6512856

Seriously, it's like we've stumbled into a wormhole and travelled back in time.

I especially like

"We haven’t broken any wage structures or anything like that. No chance. We’re not allowed to do that here."

They were under special conditions imposed by the FL and "weren't allowed" to do it last time they did it and ended up in Administration again.

:lol:

Nice bit of brown nosing of the Chief Executive too. Almost like he was doing a bad job and might be in danger of being fired......

To be fair to Ho, he's bang on as usual. We're just full of conspiracy theories here.

Theory #1 Their overbloated squad is full of useless journeyman they can't get rid of

Theory #2 They will sack their manager after six months, like the last one. And the one before that. And the one before that. And...

Theory #3 They won't get promotion this season

Theory #4 They won't get promotion last season

Theory #5 They won't get promotion the season before that

Theory #6 Their new "state of the art" training facility is just a couple of rented pitches and some tarted-up portacabins

Theory #7 Their request to increase capacity at Fratton Park has been refused on safety grounds

Theory #8 The Supporter's Trust owns a minority of the shares of the football club

Theory #9 The Supporter's Trust representatives on the Board are a minority

Theory #10 They can't file any Audited Financial Statements because of "discrepancies"

So we should stop all this conspiracy theory nonsense, and recognise them for what they truly are.

That shows how much just being above us in the football pyramid is a success to the pony fiddlers. Why a Premiership team (doing very well this season) would give a monkeys that their rivals in L2 has signed a striker is beyond me. Maybe because no player has ever signed for the scum and said "I'm here because of the fans and the potential of the club"

The only reason their new signings talk about the fans is because the clubs media ask **** questions like "and what about the fans?".

As I keep saying: I would rather be in the Fourth tier with Pompey's history than be in the Premiership with Scumpton's history.:mcinnes:

Corpy/bellend/banker/w anker or what ever you are called now, we know you are reading but have no bottle to come back,

BUT to come out with that, which does`nt have word in the dictionary to describe just how untrue and mental it is..

None of your deluded fans actually agree with that and you know it...

Does`nt matter how many times it gets said either as it is simply not true...get over it, your club is a joke, accept it

Anyway, come back and have a chat with us, part of you wants to, we would love to hear your "interesting" facts and banter:lol:

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})