Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

You from Southampton or what mush? You clearly weren't at the 4-1 game down there.

I'll hate the ****s til I die! they hate you wherever you're from and loved the idea of dancing on our grave when we were in the **** a few years ago. I heard those vile cretins abusing our legend, Ted Bates, in a minutes silence following his death at St Mary's. That stuff never leaves you. Trust me, 5 of em spot you being a scummer they'll love the numbers and take liberties. Evens don't worry, "birds from Pompey have big t**s and tight c***s, cos blokes from Pompey have big mouths and small co**s"!

Don't forget. Never forgive.

I hope they go bust.

It looks like I'll stick to the main board.

Born and bred fella, been to Fratton twice and was even stupid enough to wear shorts when shopping at Gun Wharf - displaying my tattooed leg - what's your point?

My question is: If a fire is down to its embers, why keep fanning the flames and staring into the fire? Surely you'll just end up staring in to a cloud?

Born and bred fella, been to Fratton twice and was even stupid enough to wear shorts when shopping at Gun Wharf - displaying my tattooed leg - what's your point?

My question is: If a fire is down to its embers, why keep fanning the flames and staring into the fire? Surely you'll just end up staring in to a cloud?

I think one reason many of us post here is the merriment and satisfaction we get from publicising their well deserved comeuppance

It looks like Rangers are teetering on the brink again as the tax man recently slapped in another winding-up order.

Why do some clubs never learn?

I realise that Rangers have a smaller fanbase and ground but they could do with following the business model of a bigger club like pompey where the fans are shareholders who are consulted on all business decisions, the accounts are freely available and through shrewd managerial appointments, success on the pitch has followed - allowing them to invest in the academy, training facilities and ground improvements without needing to beg for external funding from people more interested in property development and the like.

It looks like Rangers are teetering on the brink again as the tax man recently slapped in another winding-up order.

Why do some clubs never learn?

I realise that Rangers have a smaller fanbase and ground but they could do with following the business model of a bigger club like pompey where the fans are shareholders who are consulted on all business decisions, the accounts are freely available and through shrewd managerial appointments, success on the pitch has followed - allowing them to invest in the academy, training facilities and ground improvements without needing to beg for external funding from people more interested in property development and the like.

If only that were true,

It's funny Corp didn't like it when I called them Wigan of the South. Still a good comparison, both have won the cup and on a big downward curve, although WIgan are a bigger club now

Ha I remember the days of calling them that. Oh how they'd love to be as big as Wigan now.

So what are they now? The Accrington Stanley of the South?

Actually, as my granddad once told me, if a fire is down to its embers but won't go out, you should piss on it.

Dear oh dear,

It’s not just the traditional routes of scouting and contacts being utilised by Pompey these days, though.

Technology is being utilised and that is helping to deepen the information at their finger tips over targets.

Awford said: ‘We have a software programme we use.

‘We can access that and download stuff.

‘You can look at clips and look at games.

‘There’s one called Wyscout and one called Scout7. They are databases where you subscribe to them and get stuff off it.

‘You get your password and then you have your own hidden stuff. We can get reports and share them.’

Are you for real, Andy? Surely that's a wind-up.

Looks like Pompey are going to trump Wimbledon's "incredible offer" and Bristol Rover's "attractive package" to sign Matt Tubbs. I wonder what Pompey have got that's so attractive....oh, silly me, it's the chance to play in front of the bestest fans in the world of course....

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-target-Matt-Tubbs-tempted/story-25810811-detail/story.html

It is also understood that chairman Nick Higgs has sanctioned the offer of an attractive package to try to tempt Tubbs to become part of Rovers' Vanarama Conference promotion bid, which has gained momentum over recent weeks.

AFC Wimbledon boss Neal Ardley has publicly confirmed that they have made an "incredible" offer to sign Tubbs permanently, while Luton Town are another League Two club believed to be interested in taking the striker away from Dean Court.

Portsmouth, however, are believed to be the club in the driving seat after manager Andy Awford offloaded winger Ricky Holmes last week to free up some space in his squad as part of a January transfer window revamp. Awford has already declared an interest in doing a deal that would allow Tubbs to remain based down on the south coast and to join a club that would provide an opportunity to play in front of about 15,000 supporters at Fratton Park every other week.

Nah these are real services ...

http://wyscout.com/

http://info.scout7.com/en/

Doubt they are ahead of the curve on this though.

Or in other words, they basically have the same information that pretty much every other 'professional' club has available to them.

I wonder if the software also predicts how much worse he'll make them once he signs them and starts to 'train' them.

This should be fun

https://twitter.com/RealHoeghOsaka/status/552195787225321473

User Actions

Follow

ZtXgbJeE_bigger.jpeg
Hoegh Osaka
@
RealHoeghOsaka

So as I will be here for a few weeks.. who do I support? @officialpompey or @SouthamptonFC ? #HoeghOsaka

Seeing as it is in danger of sinking, there can only be one choice..

NB. I do understand it wont actually sink, but you get my point...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/brown-tips-tubbs-for-pompey-move-1-6506228

Southend boss Phil Brown expects Matt Tubbs to join Pompey.

The Shrimpers have been chasing the 14-goal striker after learning Bournemouth were eager to let him leave this month.

However, Brown has admitted defeat and anticipates Tubbs instead making the switch to Fratton Park.

Brown said: ‘We were 100 million per cent interested in signing Matt Tubbs because he’s exactly the type of player we need, but I think we lost out to Portsmouth.

‘He’s been on our radar for quite some time, but his wage demands were extortionate at the start of the season.

‘They were massive and out of our reach'

Good job Pompey's finances are buoyant enough to pay over the odds then.... :uhoh: #dejavu

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook

#pompey will be paying Matt Tubbs a huge wage to fend off interest from #afcdons #southend and #brfc hope he gets the service he needs #afcb

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook

@harrypfc98 as @pn_neil_allen reported #afcb are willing to tear up his contract so will be permanent

Bailey Fletcher ‏@bgfletch123

@alex_crook @harrypfc98 @pn_neil_allen Alex is a scummer lets hope he's not lying to try and get our hopes up!

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

@bgfletch123 @alex_crook @harrypfc98 No he’s not! Born and bred Pompey, goes to a lot of club events too!

Edited by trousers

I spy with my little eye a final gamble on getting out of League Two this season...chuck some money at one problem, and hope that the defence solves itself.

If they are breaking their own wagecap I suspect Connolly won't be happy.

He'll demand a rise, or he might even refuse to play.

I was out of contract at Millwall over the summer anyway and every year there are more and more free agents available.

"So it's nice to not have that uncertainty hanging over me. I can relax and concentrate on giving everything for Pompey."

Or, in other words... thank, ****, what a bunch of mugs, I was going to have to hang up my boots.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

#AFCB striker Matt Tubbs has his contract at Cherries terminated by mutual consent - he's now free to join #pompey

Given there were multiple clubs reportedly trying to sign him, why would Bournemouth cancel his contract instead of selling him to the highest bidder? Surely demand was higher than supply in this case and as such Bournemouth could have recouped some of the £800,000 they forked out for him 3 years ago?

It's a good job I'm not a conspiracy theorist otherwise I might be inclined to be intrigued as to why they have made this as easy as possible for Pompey to sign him....

Edited by trousers

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

#AFCB striker Matt Tubbs has his contract at Cherries terminated by mutual consent - he's now free to join #pompey

Given there were multiple clubs reportedly trying to sign him, why would Bournemouth cancel his contract instead of selling him to the highest bidder? Surely demand was higher than supply in this case and as such Bournemouth could have recouped some of the £800,000 they forked out for him 3 years ago?

It's a good job I'm not a conspiracy theorist otherwise I might be inclined to be intrigued as to why they have made this as easy as possible for Pompey to sign him....

:suspicious:

I missed the bit about cancelling the openings. If theirs is one scrapped, What effect will that have on them now they have their all singing car park?

Financially, none as far as I remember. McInnes has already announced that they've received their cash and it's been "ringfenced" :lol::lol::lol:

They are, however, at the mercy of Robinson regarding who their new neighbour might be. I guess he won't be too particular as long as he gets his money back.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})