Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Interestingly, they are only the 7th team in English football to have scored, in consecutive home league games, 1,2,3,4 and 5 goals.

That's something else they can add to their history. I am so jealous.

I assume Everton were the first though?

Rather irritatingly, none of the teams immediately below them won, although they are now 5 points from Plymouth at the top. But things are really bunched up, only two points separate 2nd from 12th place. A couple more defeats in a row and they will suddenly be in mid-table. With massive promotion clashes against Doncaster and Plymouth coming up, that could be a reality.

Edited by Pamplemousse

All the League 2 teams seem especially crap this season. 17 points from 10 games gets you second - which could be a problem for those of us who like a laugh at Pompey's expense.

If previous experience is any guide, I'm sure the hilarity will continue irrespective of whether they escape the Div.4 gravity well this time or not. Their Trump-like self delusion will see to that :nod:

They may have blocked our access to POL.... But there are plenty of other (mostly empty) fish forums online. Tkae this gem:

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=659378

"

12th July 2012 when we put £1,xxx in me and my other half. We never wanted a dividend or some profit then or even now, but just to go to Fratton and enjoy a game because like most of you we feared our club would die.

When we have the money to get over from Italy we will always make sure we get to a game.

Ana (that is my partner) looked around from our seats at the Fratton end Pompey Coventry December 2011 and she said, it's not like a Penarol game at home in Montevideo but you fans are pretty noisy and passionate, I like this place!

Over dinner a couple weeks ago we were talking with some Inter fans talking about the San Siro, we are so good, we make the stadium rock they said.

Ana replied, you and your stadium have absolutely nothing, you want an atmosphere, you want noise and passion? you should go to Portsmouth, even if you Italians can't pronounce it. Porsmoute?? they said.

Si more or less. That is a football stadium your stadium is a mortary in comparisson."

DeepBlue

Fans owns 95% of the club.

PST currently owns about 47% and the new issue, if it happens, will take that figure back above 50%, not that that is important because the constitution of the club makes 25% with the PST the important figure.

Your pathetic attempts to stir up trouble by pretending that people never understood where their grands went or who they went to when in fact it was always quite clear and everyone except you understood it just make you look like a bitter XXXXXX, and changing your name to disguise yourself and come out with the same XXXXXX you did months ago fools nobody.

They may have blocked our access to POL.... But there are plenty of other (mostly empty) fish forums online. Tkae this gem:

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=659378

"

12th July 2012 when we put £1,xxx in me and my other half. We never wanted a dividend or some profit then or even now, but just to go to Fratton and enjoy a game because like most of you we feared our club would die.

When we have the money to get over from Italy we will always make sure we get to a game.

Ana (that is my partner) looked around from our seats at the Fratton end Pompey Coventry December 2011 and she said, it's not like a Penarol game at home in Montevideo but you fans are pretty noisy and passionate, I like this place!

Over dinner a couple weeks ago we were talking with some Inter fans talking about the San Siro, we are so good, we make the stadium rock they said.

Ana replied, you and your stadium have absolutely nothing, you want an atmosphere, you want noise and passion? you should go to Portsmouth, even if you Italians can't pronounce it. Porsmoute?? they said.

Si more or less. That is a football stadium your stadium is a mortary in comparisson."

She hooked up with a skate so she is obviously stupid and this proves it..

'Deluded Pompey fans' and 'Pompey Mythology' Bingo cards at the ready....

Neil Allen: "Despite what happened in later years at Pompey, fans can still say 'We won something'. Other clubs in that past have got into financial trouble but not won anything, but Pompey do at least have something to show for it"

:mcinnes:

Edited by trousers

'Deluded Pompey fans' and 'Pompey Mythology' Bingo cards at the ready....

Neil Allen: "Despite what happened in later years at Pompey, fans can still say 'We won something'. Other clubs in that past have got into financial trouble but not won anything, but Pompey do at least have something to show for it"

:mcinnes:

Appropriate name for the film maker SCAMmell... WTFILN

DeepBlue

Fans owns 95% of the club.

PST currently owns about 47% and the new issue, if it happens, will take that figure back above 50%, not that that is important because the constitution of the club makes 25% with the PST the important figure.

Your pathetic attempts to stir up trouble by pretending that people never understood where their grands went or who they went to when in fact it was always quite clear and everyone except you understood it just make you look like a bitter XXXXXX, and changing your name to disguise yourself and come out with the same XXXXXX you did months ago fools nobody.

We'll see how sincere the NHWs are when the next meltdown comes and they realise they're about to lose their £££

All the League 2 teams seem especially crap this season. 17 points from 10 games gets you second - which could be a problem for those of us who like a laugh at Pompey's expense.

Lets put it this way, I've seen Newport (who are bottom by 3 points and just lost at home to the bottom but one side on the weekend) once this season, when they played pretty well in losing 2-0 to a decidedly average Doncaster team who were frankly not two goals better.

Newport have however won only once this season, but look no worse than anyone else give or take a few 90+ minute losing goals.

Plymouth aside, there's nothing between any of them (and of course Newport will win at Fratton around Easter next year just like they do every sesson).

Some more hammy drivel from Niel Allen. If he has a hidden talent, it's as a pantomime dame.

Choice quotes:

‘No more’ sobbed some, negotiating tear-drenched keyboards to send their earnest respects.

Chairman Iain McInnes and the ubiquitous Colin Farmery led the Fratton Park charge – a sight of might inevitably welcomed by The News.

Yet to loosely quote Mark Twain: ‘The reports of the Sports Mail’s death have been greatly exaggerated’.

With any luck, he'll be out of a job soon anyway.

pompeyinsurrey

The only thing I want to here from Cook now is that he's resigned. 4 defeats already is unacceptable for a promotion seeking team, I've run out of patience with him and he hasn't got a clue how to turn it round. Just F off Cook or things will turn pretty poisonous for you.

Rovers well deserved their 2-0 lead, ****ed up for their goal and did well to hold on in the end. The skates had chances. They look a small side to me. Two decent passing teams at this level though. Donnys Marquis was the class act. Too good for the fourth division. The North stand has a new breed of skate. Teenage girls giving the ****** ****** ******** to gents like Coppinger. I should get an away season ticket there, every time I go, Saints games apart, the skates lose. Great day.

No pies, pasties, sausage rolls or beer for away fans. Football catering at its finest. Don't these ****s want the money to buy new table cloths or what?

It's always been a right toilet for away fans going right back to the day.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})