Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Portsmouth’s Infinite Improbability Drive

The Infinite Improbability Drive is a fictional faster-than-light drive. The most prominent usage of the drive is in the survival of Portsmouth City Football Club LTD It is based on a particular perception of Storrie Teller Quantum Physics: a sub(fr)atomic particle is most likely to be in a particular place, such as near the nucleus of an atom, but there is also a small probability of it being found very far from its point of origin (for example close many to imported stars on loan with out paying thier tax). Thus, a body could travel from league to league to place without passing through the intervening insolvency (or demotion for that matter), if you had sufficient control of probability/improbility.

The Portsmouth City Football Club LTD was the prototype pyramid scheme for infinitely improbable spending and financial success. The principle is that as they spend money and sell assets they will reach infinite improbability of finding a billionaire wanting to buy them, the club passes simultaneously through every conceivable and inconceivable crisis in every conceivable and inconceivable universe (in other words, when one activates the Infinite Improbability Drive, the club is literally everywhere at once). It is then possible to decide at which point you actually want to be when improbability levels decrease.

It is the infinite improbability drive in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Premiership that saves Andrew Android and Avram Grant from very probable death by Liquidation in blue square league after being thrown out of the Premier and championship leagues; the improbable odds against being rescued being two raised to the power of the Portsea Island Co-op phone number (01329223000) where Harry Rednap had met Peter Storrie and handed a brown envelope with the account number of a Swiss bank account, the two, who were previously entwined with Portsmouth City Football Club LTD whilst being pursued by HRMC with Judge Norris. It was the eviction of Harry Rednap out the many former clubs just before administration of the Vogon league clubs that led to his own "invention" of the Infinite Improbability Drive. Peter Storrie realized that he had worked the story into a dead end, thinking in frustration that the only solutions would be "infinitely improbable." In a flash of insight and what Peter Storrie called "mental jujitsu", the Infinite Improbability Drive was born. And the hiring of Israeli lawyer Daniel Azougy, a convicted fraudster.

Edited by tony13579

If skates argue the points deduction, they may end up delaying them.

If the points are not taken off by 27 March then they will be deferred to next season, and become 10 points.

I suggest they appeal, fight it for a couple of weeks, the case they gets dismissed as irrelevant as the points will be next season. They then start next season on -10.

If the points are not taken off by 27 March then they will be deferred to next season, and become 10 points.

I suggest they appeal, fight it for a couple of weeks, the case they gets dismissed as irrelevant as the points will be next season. They then start next season on -10.

I believe that only applies to the FL and not the PL.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a cut-off date in the PL, or that they would be carried over to next season if relegated without the deduction.

However, I am pretty confident they will start next season on at least -15 without them.

It seems Chanrai has come to the same conclusion as SWF regarding Pompey's latest chancers:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Chainrai-worried-about-39chancers39.6154606.jp

We're always ahead of the game on here! I notice that in the News article it's stated that Lloyd's consortium is "in the process of handing over a £3M bond to administrator Andrew Andronikou."

How long will this process take I wonder? Presumably the handing over part wouldn't take too long, so I can only assume that the main part of the process is actually finding the £3M in the first place. :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a cut-off date in the PL, or that they would be carried over to next season if relegated without the deduction.

However, I am pretty confident they will start next season on at least -15 without them.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/12249.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Their adminstrator thinks deadline applies

From the pimpey news.....

After the hearing, joint administrator Peter Kubik said: 'We are very happy about what has been agreed at court today. It means we can now progress with positive meetings with the Premier League which are due to take place tomorrow.'

Here we go again then. I wonder when the next board meeting of the PL is to ratify to -9. Yes it matters to me ok, even if they're sure to be relegated. It also sets an extremely important precedent for future administration events in the PL.

Old Pompey Blue,

Peaceful, Bright & Sunny in Wonderland! 16/03/2010 11:33:15

Hockster

Any new owners will be aware of the debt, besides I just think AA will strike a deal that meets with HMRC approval. They don't want to mess with him anymore!

Old Pompey Blue in cloud cuckoo land, OMG. The only deal that meets HMRC approval will be 100p in every pound. lol

They can spin it how they like but the fact that they have to pay the court costs and that the creditor meeting will have to be a lot earlier than would have happened otherwise makes it appear that HMRC got more than the admins had hoped for.

You are both being harsh on NickG when he is in fact correct...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=756488&sec=england&cc=5739&cc=5739

He has really given the taxman a kicking today, HMRC has run off with his tail between his legs and will have to settle for 100p in the £ whenever he demands it, and has been awarded costs, another great court victory against the odds for plucky Pompey!

I think AA should fight the deduction all the way.

Go on admin boy, you have the moral high ground, the whole of football is behind you, it's not fair, go contest it, football should be decided on the pitch, by correctly registered players etc - well don't worry about that last one, anyway drag it out for a couple of weeks, please.

If you could get a tracksuit with your intitials on it might help with your team talks.

Any coach with bottle would invite you to get the feck out of his team meeting and get on with your job but you are obviously well qualified to advise on all trades from finance to zonal marking.

And just when we thought Chainrai didn't do irony he comes out with this quote about the group bidding to buy...'He hopes these aren't a bunch of chancers.'

Mmmm.

Where's Storrie when you need a laugh? I'm missing his version of world affairs, though Grant has stepped in to his shoes and does some great stand up - go on Avram, tell us the one about how your league record makes Adams and Hart look like coaching legends yet you still get people measuring you up for a statue - or perhaps the one about 250,000 people loving the club, and how 390 of them made it to Liverpool - spin that into a positive storrie!

The fans have abandoned ship.

Storrie and Grant - the saviours of Pompey, AA giving footballers advice.

Nice.

Anyone seen this?

What a ****ing idiot!

Strangley, it just made me laugh, and I actually felt sorry for them. The bit at the end was classic - 'this isn't just about the cup - we can stay up now...!' Not only does he dress and act like a clown - he thinks like one too, deluded fool.

I also wonder whether fans of any other team would want such a character as thier 'self professed leader' - he's kind of a dirty, filthy, gungy and grimey looking character - hope he's not representative of the rest.

Here we are, two leagues belowe them - and I wouldn't swap fortunes for the world, strange.

What happens if they exit administration without a CVA, this season. Will they get the -15 this year or next?

Taken from a 606 forum

"However, the insolvency policy also acknowledges that the approval of a formal CVA may not always be possible and contains a provision which contemplates a club being permitted to continue as a member club without a CVA. This only applies in ‘exceptional circumstances’ and is at the absolute discretion of The Football League Board"

Assuming things carry over to next season, forget -15 points, effectively they could be denied permission to play in the Football League :rolleyes:

Portsmouth’s Infinite Improbability Drive

The Infinite Improbability Drive is a fictional faster-than-light drive. The most prominent usage of the drive is in the survival of Portsmouth City Football Club LTD It is based on a particular perception of Storrie Teller Quantum Physics: a subatomic particle is most likely to be in a particular place, such as near the nucleus of an atom, but there is also a small probability of it being found very far from its point of origin (for example close many to distant stars on loan with out paying thier tax). Thus, a body could travel from league to league to place without passing through the intervening insolvency (or demotion that matter), if you had sufficient control of probability.

The Portsmouth City Football Club LTD was the prototype pyramid scheme for infinitely improbable spending and financial success. The principle is that as they spend money and sell assets they will reach infinite improbability of finding a billionaire wanting to buy them, the ship passes simultaneously through every conceivable and inconceivable crisis in every conceivable and inconceivable universe (in other words, when one activates the Infinite Improbability Drive, the club is literally everywhere at once). It is then possible to decide at which point you actually want to be when improbability levels decrease.

It is the infinite improbability drive in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Premiership that saves Andrew Android and Avram Grant from very probable death by Liquidation in blue square league after being thrown out of the Premier and championship leagues; the improbable odds against being rescued being two raised to the power of the Portsea Island Co-op phone number (01329223000) where Harry Rednap had met Peter Storrie and handed a brown envelope with the account number of a Swiss bank account, who were previously entwined with Portsmouth City Football Club LTD whilst being pursued by HRMC with Judge Norris. It was the eviction of Harry Rednap out the many former clubs just before administration of the Vogon league clubs that led to his own "invention" of the Infinite Improbability Drive. Peter Storrie realized that he had worked the story into a dead end, thinking in frustration that the only solutions would be "infinitely improbable." In a flash of insight and what Peter Storrie called "mental jujitsu", the Infinite Improbability Drive was born. And the hiring of Israeli lawyer Daniel Azougy, a convicted fraudster.

lmao :D

He has really given the taxman a kicking today, HMRC has run off with his tail between his legs and will have to settle for 100p in the £ whenever he demands it, and has been awarded costs, another great court victory against the odds for plucky Pompey!

I must admit that I did smile when SSN reported last night that Pompey had had a good day in Court yesterday for a change.

Sure, they lost. And now owe Campbell £1.72m (and I'm sure pay his costs as well), as an unsecured creditor, who will be paid at exactly the same time as all the other football-related unsecured creditors.

Lucky for them they didn't have a bad day, then.