Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Benjii's just about got it (...not entirely sure about 'great day') - when the first goal went in I turned to my friend and immediately said, 'that didn't hurt like I thought it would'.

And it really didn't, we are a club from the third tier and our semi-reserve side from two divisions lower on a combined wage less than your keeper, scared the crap out of the illegally assembled squad.

It was also great to make the entire Pompey fanbase come to St Marys and be forced to look us in the eye, because we all know what your club has been up to, and we know where you are going, which we enjoyed telling you, just a pity the few were so quiet and didn't join in until 75mins.

Now you can reflect and think it was a great win, but show me a Pompey fan who didn't have a nervous feeling prior to that day and I'll show you a liar.

And PES, this might cheer you up with what's coming your way - for me leaving the Dell was much sadder than getting relegated - either time!

The relegation happens over a long period and you can see it coming in September, anyone surprised in May is an idiot - but walking out of your home ground for the last time, that is a proper sad day.

Looks like you will be spared that one for the moment.

I seem to remember Pompey, then in the Championship, playing at Man U in the cup and losing 4 - 1. I was surprised then how up beat your fans were - they were full of self congratulations about how well the team had played, how well they sang, how well the bell was rung... It happens.

Oh, you mean the game at Old Trafford. Yeah, 9000 made the trip up that day, I was still dissappointed, we won the Championship at a canter that year, regularly upsetting teams 5-0 etc, it was a reality check and a good day out, I still remember being gutted though and feeling, were it not for Scholes and Van Nistlerooy it'd of been a lot closer. Losses to Saints, and I've endured more losses than wins, hurt like hell.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Ok, but only if you agree to keep pretending that a 4-1 loss to you rivals on your own soil represents a 'Great' day.

As for banning you need to petition the mods to get it done then Benji, I'm sure if the vast majority agreed they'd do it. Luckily for me they realise that it's that little bit of 'spice' that makes this such a great board. :)

The club may be a disgrace but that doesn't mean the supporters necessarily are.

You're right, we let anyone post on the alternative boards, so long as they keep it decent and relatively polite. It's only the main board where we draw a line usually.

Benjii's just about got it (...not entirely sure about 'great day') - when the first goal went in I turned to my friend and immediately said, 'that didn't hurt like I thought it would'.

And it really didn't, we are a club from the third tier and our semi-reserve side from two divisions lower on a combined wage less than your keeper, scared the crap out of the illegally assembled squad.

It was also great to make the entire Pompey fanbase come to St Marys and be forced to look us in the eye, because we all know what your club has been up to, and we know where you are going, which we enjoyed telling you, just a pity the few were so quiet and didn't join in until 75mins.

Now you can reflect and think it was a great win, but show me a Pompey fan who didn't have a nervous feeling prior to that day and I'll show you a liar.

And PES, this might cheer you up with what's coming your way - for me leaving the Dell was much sadder than getting relegated - either time!

The relegation happens over a long period and you can see it coming in September, anyone surprised in May is an idiot - but walking out of your home ground for the last time, that is a proper sad day.

In absolute honesty I can say I had no doubt we'd win and posted as much on here more than once. I'd be a liar if I said that after 20 minutes I was not worried, but prior to the game and once Pompey's second went in my previous total confidence was restored. I could drag up the old posts but that would be churlish. I take your point on leaving The Dell, should Pompey ever leave FP I'm sure I'd feel the same.

The club may be a disgrace but that doesn't mean the supporters necessarily are.

You're right, we let anyone post on the alternative boards, so long as they keep it decent and relatively polite. It's only the main board where we draw a line usually.

I respect that boundary. I don't fish much, I don't try to upset Saints posters on here, I enjoy the discussions with most Saints fans on here but I WILL stand up and be counted when people post twaddle, like the recent Derby was a 'GREAT DAY'? Ok I accept it was not as painful as many may of envisaged, but to say it was a 'GREAT DAY' is just false bravado in anyones book. People should take things on the chin abit more, it's spineless not too. :)

Ok I accept it was not as painful as many may of envisaged, but to say it was a 'GREAT DAY' is just false bravado in anyones book. People should take things on the chin abit more, it's spineless not too. :)

To be honest people were far more upset about losing to Tranmere.

This looks interesting ...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=755558&sec=england&cc=5739

I respect that boundary. I don't fish much, I don't try to upset Saints posters on here, I enjoy the discussions with most Saints fans on here but I WILL stand up and be counted when people post twaddle, like the recent Derby was a 'GREAT DAY'? Ok I accept it was not as painful as many may of envisaged, but to say it was a 'GREAT DAY' is just false bravado in anyones book. People should take things on the chin abit more, it's spineless not too. :)

Perhaps that is the difference between the two clubs. It WAS a great day, We played a Prem team, had ANOTHER full house, and played them off the park for 75 mins. As I said before, not many Saints fans expected to win. It was a one-off cup game and we are going great guns in our league. It really DIDN`T hurt. I know that that`s not what P*mpey fans want to hear but it`s true. That probably hurts you more than the defeat hurt us.

You just don't get it.

It was a great day (result aside) to be a Saints fan as it demonstrated, to us, you, everyone, that SFC is in rude good health and had, finally, come through 5 dark years and had emerged back into the light.

The football, whilst we all wanted to win, was almost a side show. All many of us wanted was a show of passion, which we got and the sort of support that made the hairs on the back of neck stand on end, which we got and some!

Watching some fat skate down the front wave his hands in an attempt to get your lot singing 1st half summed it up for me. We were back and you were again in our shadow.

I also made a 'kin killing as I had skates by 2 clear goals.

You lot don't get it as you need to beat us to vindicate your sense of superiority.

We don't need to beat you as we know that we are superior regardless.

Perhaps that is the difference between the two clubs. It WAS a great day, We played a Prem team, had ANOTHER full house, and played them off the park for 75 mins. As I said before, not many Saints fans expected to win. It was a one-off cup game and we are going great guns in our league. It really DIDN`T hurt. I know that that`s not what P*mpey fans want to hear but it`s true. That probably hurts you more than the defeat hurt us.

Psychology it's the same as the player who slowly gets to his feet after a brutal challenge, the last thing he should do is show the other team how much it hurt, I don't blame any Saints fans for that. To be honest its something I've always admired. Pompey tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves (Which isn't a good thing, even though In todays society its deemed as passion and passion being all......).

I always remember how dismissive Saints fans were of Pompey when you were in the ascendance, that hurt, Saints fans as a collective have always recognised this and always played that card to good effect. I've often wished Pompey as a collective could of been more pointed and controlled in their responce to Saints now were in the ascendancy (However long it may or may not last), but as you say, I guess thats another of the differences between the two clubs and its supporters.

You lot don't get it as you need to beat us to vindicate your sense of superiority.

We don't need to beat you as we know that we are superior regardless.

I don't get it. I can reflect on my clubs 4 major trophies to your 1 when I need to vindicate my sense of superiority.

I don't get it. I can reflect on my clubs 4 major trophies to your 1 when I need to vindicate my sense of superiority.

Portsmouth City have won 1 trophy Southampton football club have won 1 trophy.

AFCP will have won nothing.

The FA cup game was an oditty to me, it didnt feel like our despised rivals were at the ground.It was a hollow feeling and I was surprised how little heart Pompey had on the day, except for O'hara who made the difference. Had we scored first you would have folded and Yes we did let in 4 ,but we were the only side on the day who really went for it and fell for the sucker punches.

Anyway this is not about the cup it is about Pompeys takeover, are you worried that these new people are Lynhams/Fialkas or are they proper? Ps i got your jest re gold.

Psychology it's the same as the player who slowly gets to his feet after a brutal challenge, the last thing he should do is show the other team how much it hurt, I don't blame any Saints fans for that. To be honest its something I've always admired. Pompey tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves (Which isn't a good thing, even though In todays society its deemed as passion and passion being all......).

I always remember how dismissive Saints fans were of Pompey when you were in the ascendance, that hurt, Saints fans as a collective have always recognised this and always played that card to good effect. I've often wished Pompey as a collective could of been more pointed and controlled in their responce to Saints now were in the ascendancy (However long it may or may not last), but as you say, I guess thats another of the differences between the two clubs and its supporters.

Just a general observation from my viewpoint.

I think that Poopey fans hate us far more than we hate them.

I think that, for some unreal reason, Poopey fans have far more of a chip on their shoulder about us than we do about them.

I think that we view the Poopey fans with mild disdain and pity. far more than they do to us.

And, finally, I think it's the previous point which really grips their she!te.

It was our own version of Rope-a-dope, masterminded by a technically superior manager.

you're not seriously trying to tell me that getting run ragged before hitting us on the break was all part of a master plan?

Edited by Chez

I think that, for some unreal reason, Poopey fans have far more of a chip on their shoulder about us than we do about them.

I think that we view the Poopey fans with mild disdain and pity. far more than they do to us.

Yes, this is about right.

I don't even agree with your mini psychology lesson pes. I can truthfully I had a GOOD DAY when you played us in the cup. "Great" would be too far, but I know me and the 5 others I went with all had a good day and enjoyed taking the p1ss outta you lot. Would have gone mental if we won, but it didn't hurt. It'd hurt alot more if it was a league game though I'll give you that!

******* idiot. I'm supposed to laugh at you posts Rallyboy....not sit here with a lump in my throat

oops

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=755558&sec=england&cc=4716

ESPN

Portsmouth's administrator, Andrew Andronikou, has launched an attack on the man supposedly bidding to become the the cash-stricken Premier League club's fifth owner of the season

ESPN

and when you are signing non-disclosure agreements, it worries you that they then go and make public statements.

Oops

But the fact that Storrie asked for McKay to be given preferential treatment for personal reasons at a time when the club were in financial meltdown will shock Portsmouth's fans, even though his request was not granted.

Storrie was charged with 'cheating the public revenue' on November 4 last year in connection with a £250,000 signing-on fee allegedly paid to Amdy Faye in 2003 through McKay. Storrie denies the charge. Two days earlier, he had sent a fax to Danny Azougy, the convicted fraudster then overseeing Portsmouth's finances, with a heading 'Agents Fee Payment Willie McKay'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1257786/Pompey-chief-Storrie-wanted-preferential-treatment-agent-involved-tax-case-defence.html#ixzz0iAqCOGD1

OK

So the Derby game for Mero & PES. Understand the history.

Us "not allowed to support Saints" Ex Pats spent the past couple of seasons heading down to the pub to watch Televised matches that invariably involved conceding a goal inside 35 seconds and then getting worse.

Compare that to the Derby Game where yes you thumped us, BUT for 45 minutes we did outplay you and where over 100+ people in the pub (minus the one Skate) actually enjoyed watching us play our football. That was a phase sihift, not just for us but also those other fans watching (who were waiting for their PL games to start)

That for us was actually a really important moment, for the first time since beating Spuds in 2003 on Telly in the Cup, WE EARNED RESPECT instead of sympathy.

So there is a "yeah whatever" attitude about that match, but you guys have to understand that was when we realised you won the battle but the war really is not going to go your way. Take the victory, take your moment, we clung to them the past few years like you will, but we learnt they count for nothing if everything else is fecked up.

As for the LLS approach to marketing that Rob Lloyd has adapted. I would be worried and clearly Android is as well.

And as for the Storrie revelations, I have only ONE question.

Does wnyone on here REALLY think that the unprofessional way he pushed Willie M up the creditors list is the ONLY dirty laundry about to come out?

For the sake of our wiser posters that make this place interesting, you better REALLY hope that Storrie pays them off because it WILL get worse, the knives are out.

Nick, I can't pretend to know anything about you, but from what i've picked up in your posts, you bleed red and white, that 4-1 hurt, you can't kid me. It was our own version of Rope-a-dope, masterminded by a technically superior manager. The only credit to Southampton was their fight and effort, you didn't deserve a 4-1 drubbing, but you got one anyway. You huffed and puffed against a makeshift Pompey defence, only to be cruelly torn apart by our pace and clinical finishing. I think it's a reality check for even the most baised eyes, 5-0 and 5-1 home drubbings against your peers simply does not compare. But trying to be even handed, I will miss that quality of player enjoyed the past 7 seasons, but like i'm sure many Saints fans would remind me, there are definate benefits to life in the football league. :)
I really do think that you over-estimate the effect of your beating us the other week.

We could console ourselves before the match that we are two divisions below you, so the result was hardly a surprise. Furthermore, for two thirds of the match, we were dominant, so you ought to accept that at least for that time your manager was not tactically superior and it was only a great keeper and some luck that kept you in it. But we could also console ourselves that as you were almost certainly trading illegally whilst insolvent, you were fielding players that shouldn't even have been on the pitch. Further consolation comes from our knowledge that we are a club with an owner wealthy beyond your dreams, playing in a decent modern stadium, attracting higher attendance figures than you, even in the third division, no debt and on the way back up.

It won't be long before we meet you again on the way down as it seems that you might somehow have avoided liquidation and we can then perhaps judge the match on a more level playing field. You'll be in the Fizzy Pop with a big points deduction that will probably consign you to the third division in successive seasons. If as seems likely we won't make the play-offs this season, we will probably go out of this division as you simultaneously enter it the year after.

When you are in the third division, you can have a w*nk at buying the FA Cup and beating us, trying your hardest to overlook where it all got you. Most of us are having a whale of a time enjoying watching our team, safe in the knowledge that our club is in good hands and on its way up again. I can't see your future looking as rosy in a year or two. We are on our way to domination over you for another 30 years or so.

Just saw a bit on south today about the LLoyd meeting. Ooh , then a few words from his bid advisor. He hasn't put the 3m down yet but to be fair he has travelled down to have the meeting and so he must be interested.

Some people will put any old excuse to their boss in order to earn Airmiles. It all depends when your Gold Card expires of course.

I once managed to get a travel request approved to Monte Carlo for a few days. Middle East region needs to learn the market dynamics blah blah blah. (And it was Cup Final Weekend in '03) and no direct flights so had to go via London;)!

(Sod the Ozone layer, peeps HAVE to keep their Lounge Access cards)

I think that's a reasonable summary. You don't get it PES, do you? I'm pleased for you that you enjoyed your day but for most of us here it was a mildly curious sideshow. We are relaxed in the knowledge that we are sailing off serenely to better waters whilst you are drifting on to the rocks with no sails, no engine, no paddles and a leaking hull.

he is the supposed frontman though and not the man with the money

the consortium are meeting with a select group of fans today which should be interesting

to be honest I don't care if they are not billionaires, just someone who can come in, stablise the club, pay the debt off and give us our club back will do. Billionaires are nice to have but when they walk away or get into troubles we all know what can happen

But Mero, they're not paying off your debts as such, nor do they have any intention of doing so, or they would off done it pre-admin. They are more than likely going offer a pittance in the pound, and for the second time in 10 years, your club will be looking to write off substantial debts, which yet again, has given you an unfair advantage in footballing terms.

IMHO, this is not something to be proud of, but given that the Poopey boards are going nuts over this, then I guess there is a vast lowering of morals in East Hampshire. FWIW, we had guys like this, interested in Saints, they also claimed pots of Gold. He is what he is, a chancer, and so it looks like a marriage made in heaven.

Mind you, there is still have tomorrow to negotiate;);)

Looks like Lloyd may have told their supporters that his group will have 14 day exclusivity from tomorrow. Will take longer to tie up a deal as they need to study the books but it looks like it is theirs if they wan it.

No what the Administrator seems to have reported this morning.

The circus goes on

http://thepompeychimes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56299

Don't see how losing 4-1 to your rivals, in front of your own fans could ever be described as a 'great' day, I can't invisage myself ever feeling this way, still I can't speak for you and maybe in the years to come I'll get to see my team hammered 4-1 at Fratton Park by Saints, then I might be able to understand the 'great' feeling? It must be a family thing as 4 members of my own family (2 of them Saints season ticket holders of 40+ years), did not share your feelings of the same day. One quote was it was like watching a load of enthusiastic puppies running and jumping around for 65 minutes and then......

To be fair, you won 1-4, but we hammered you. Watch the re-runs, see all the glum Poopey faces, we tore you apart for an hour, only James saved you, that and the slightly illegal O'Hara.

Looks like Lloyd may have told their supporters that his group will have 14 day exclusivity from tomorrow. Will take longer to tie up a deal as they need to study the books but it looks like it is theirs if they wan it.

The circus goes on

Having watched our circus last year, surely you & I can't be the only ones that see alarm bells all over this.

Talk to the fans before talking to AA?

For THEIR sake I hope it is real.

But deep down I wonder if this is about a bloke with cash flow problems showing a large organisation he can deliver in order to earn Engagement Fees and leverage

losing to your teams biggest rivals always hurts - true!

but the FA Cup defeat didn't hurt us as much as as you seem to think it did.

Why?

Because we outplayed you for 60 mins,

because in O'Hara and Owusu you had 2 players on the pitch you should never have been allowed to sign - so in effect you had to cheat to beat us

because it was there for everyone to see - your defence struggled against a League 1 team - and it was only thanks to James you were still in the game at half time - your team are going to get relegated -10 points or not

because 5 or 6 of your team are on loan and won't be playing for you next season - whatever division you are in - and James and Kanu will probably be gone as well - and the team that's left will struggle ito avoid relegation in the CCC

because it was your last hurrah!

because we are a League 1 team - and it wasn't our first 11

because we'll do the double over you next season - or pass you on the way up to the CCC as you drop down to League 1

because nearly all of football is starting to despise your club for what's gone on off thte pitch and behind the scenes

becase your dirty little club has become and embarassent to English football - and a laughing stock

because you've proved you'll never be a big club

because the future is bright - and its red and white!

I never understand that last statement - hope of what ? There will always be a Portsmouth in whatever guise whether it be AFC or PFC - so whats there to kill?

most fans just want to watch their team, real one's no matter which division we are in. Rivalary comes after that for most apart from the morons

No, it's the hope that someone will come and buy the club and end all the boll0cks that's the killer.

Not even 24 hours since your latest penniless millionaire was being unveiled and already it looks like it's all a self congratulatory PR stunt, with your administrator slagging the 'front man' off. Hopes dashed once again - not that you'll admit that until about Friday or so, but we've been in the same position so I can appreciate where you're coming from!

On another note, is PES the MOST boring skate in the world?

I reckon the cruelest punishment for Storrie and 'Appy 'Arry would be to lock them in a cell for 23 hours a day with PES and Dubai [Lifelongcherrypipskatesaint] for a couple of years.

The circus goes on

'fans if they can (he's a great believer that fans should be able to invest).'

I bet he will want them to. Personally I would be cautious if I was them. Very few would contact the fans first.

It hurt, I can't deny it, but not as much as I expected.

I think we were all drained a bit from the emotion of the Tuesady night success against MK Dons and getting to Wembley. Saturday mattered just a little less because of that. Also I thought our lads gave it a good go, which is all you can ask of them.

It was only afterwards, thinking of the goal-scorers, that I felt angry that you were playing players you should not have been allowed to use - especially that Quincy fellow - and that you had yet again got away with cheating, bringing in a ringer to gain an unfair advantage.

It's like the Scots hate the English much more than vice versa. It is an inferiority/chip on the shoulder thing.

We can't help looking down slightly patronisingly at them, as they look up at us full of righteous hurt and rage.

It's just how it is and seven years of being in the ascendancy won't change that any more than it did for the Scots when they got to a world cup or two.

From the ESPN link:

Lloyd hopes to enter into a confidential and exclusive arrangement ahead of putting up the £30 million the administrator wants to help pay off some of the more pressing of the £70 million debts

&

Lloyd plans to assume the position of club chairman, backed by a consortium including a New York hedge fund and a "major investor", believed to be the South African investment firm Old Mutual. The administrator wants more details.

If you were a major investor and/or a hedge fund, you have to ask - why? Therefore I have to think that they are either {1} stupid (which would be a surprise as they are still in business) are {2} crooked or {3} the story is bulls hit.

Yeah? Careful what you wish for. It'll be a groundshare near Fareham, You'll be sharing with Portsmouth. :(

They only let the first team play on the pitch. I think he doesn't like the traffic situation because of the crowds at SMS, so unless the access is improved it might be better to move rather than enlarge.

I had heard he might buy Pompey so that there is only one club.

Interesting comments about the derby game, PES.

Lets not forget that players signed by Saints in the January window, as part of the rebuilding process and involved since - Fonte, Otsemobor and Punscheon - were not available whilst players PFC recruited - Quincy, O'Hara and Tosic ( who lucky for PFC didn't get on)were able to play.

Dont dismiss our subsequent results, we now have a far stronger side with a variety of attacking options.

Oh and Connolly was injured.

I really don't get this emphasis on the FA Cup result. So we lost a football match where we couldn't play our best team. Since Christmas we have had four sell outs. We have the best team in years. Are probably going to clear out a lot of dead wood in the summer and top up with some more quality signings. Are debt free. Are owned by a multi billionaire. Have a nearly new stadium and are looking at enlargement. Are building a state of the art training ground ready in July. Own 41 acres at Hedge End.

A nice day out at Wembley with no pressure. 44,000 tickets sold. The prospect of a win in every match we play. I watch matches at a really nice stadium.

What's not to like? Why would we look in envy at the debacle in Pompey, a team that even without administration would be odds on for relegation needing to make up 9 points in 10 matches. Next season will be another nightmare, players that can't be sold or afforded, paid to leave/loaned. Close season dealing with an intransigent FL. Probable multi point penalties without any possible skeletons falling out of the cupboard.

No thanks. Not for all the tea in China or an FA Cup.

But Mero, they're not paying off your debts as such, nor do they have any intention of doing so, or they would off done it pre-admin.

you do not know that and have no facts to back it up, depends on what their view is on a points penalty next season, there could be very good reasons why it was not done pre-admin

I would prefer to wait and see the outcome rather han write a statement based on asumption

Posted on PompeyonLine

Hi all,

OK, first things first, to clear up any confusion, Andrew Andronikou did, apparently, know of the meeting. It was just a matter of everyone being careful and not giving information out which didn't need to be out there (ie. a meeting with the fans).

Saying that, we got to the meeting and, as I said, were surprised to see a bevvy of media there, cameras and reporters in abundance (including the black guy from Sky Sports News...not Mike Wedderburn). Would like to know who tipped them off (I have my suspicions).

Anyway, before the meeting started, all the national media were asked to leave as this meeting was just for local media and the fans. Sky weren't too happy but they were told, no, out you go.

Anyway, to the meeting. Rob Lloyd was sat at the front, flanked by Lester Jackson and Brian Ross, with Mark Mudie sat to the side.

Rob started out by putting forward his view. He wanted things to be opemn and frank, he would answer anything where he could and didn't want to hide anything.

He sees passion in the city and the fans, and realises that the fans and the club have been treated abysmally over recent times, so we need to get the confidence back. The way forward is to stabilise the club, which needs solid foundations built and look at strategies going forward to develop the club. The management structure of the club will be looked at but, most of all, the club is about community, and the fans have been left out. He said there is backing, and the next step is 14 days of factfinding. He admitted quite openly he is a Liverpool fan, but is not a regular attendee at games, and will be at the game tomorrow but 'as a Blue'.

It was then opened to questions, and the first one was why should we believe, we've heard things like this before. You're an 'outsider', so why should we have confidence?

Rob understood this view, it was understandable, and this concern could be pointed at any local businessmen as well. He sees a big opportunity at the club. We wants to be open with everyone from the start, as that is the only way this will work. The fans will get straight answers, and it's time to start building bridges.

It was then asked if anybody from previous regimes were involved (obviously alluding to the likes of Chainrai and Storrie). Rob assured us no, the club had to start on a clean slate, a new framework.

He added that it was too early to make concrete promises of how the club would evolve, the aim is to get people onside of what they want to do, look at the club and stablise it and take it from there.

Comment was put to Rob that things have to be open, fans were sick of the club being tainted. Rob agreed, fans need to know who they are dealing with. It is important that fans and businesses are part of the club and have the opportunity to invest in it. The club needs to be stable going forward.

Question was asked, is this a long term ownership and investment. Rob answered yes it is, the club has to build from its own means. It is not a short term fix and there are many problems to resolve. He sees two to three years of stabilisation then look at development from there. The club needs to get it's marketing and sponsorship operations sorted, basically get the club sustainable.

Then the question was asked, can you give details of the consortium you are fronting (he had mentioned the backers a couple of times so far).

The main backer is an individual substantial private investor (money made in property), who has been based in this country for some time. He is a private individual, and the name can't be put out there at the moment because of NDA. However, he sees no reason why that won't change once the takeover is finalised, and this person would not have any problem with the FAPPT.

The second backers are the New York Hedge Fund.

The meeting then went more conversational, with points being made and wider discussion taking place. Points from the floor were that there had been a lack of communication from the club towards fans (Rob said that there is a very wide audience the club could, and should, bring in from the area, and speak to the multinational companies around to get involved in the club). The point was also put over that a lot of fans don't go now as Fratton Park is just too expensive, we need to get families and children into the club again.

Then the question was asked, why Pompey?

Rob said, there is an opportunity there, if the club is run in the right way there is a lot you can do with it. Brian Ross then contributed, saying that they had sold the club to Rob and the backers, it's a fabulous club with two major developments being part of the attraction, these being Fratton Park and Horsea Island (this shows the direction that this consortium are looking to go, development at Horsea with the land at Fratton being redeveloped into supermarket/business/properties).

Rob continued, we need to look at it as a long term project, speak to local authorities, and making sure that things like the stadium pay for themselves. Time is needed to establish the exact situation and take things from there. The club just hasn't been marketed properly and to it's full potential.

Rob stated that the investor wants the club first, with the land being secondary. It was stated though (just in case anybody is wondering) that the stadium and land will be all part of the one deal.

It was asked whether there was the opportunity for local people at board level. Rob mentioned Lester and Brian next to him and replied that we all need to get on the same level, get good interaction going (so, this looks like it is being looked at).

It was stated that it was vital the new owners worked with the Trust, and that was agreed, Rob said he was a great believer that fans should have a percentage of the club if possible (my opinion as well is that all fan groups should be worked with here, not just the Trust).

Rob repeated, we need to stablise the club first and then look to see how it can begin generating it's own money and become self sustaining.

Rob finished by saying he will be staying and leading the consortium throughout things, even after the takeover. They are very much the lead runner and have got a very good chance of securing the club, he feels the percentage chance is high and there is a lot of work to do in the next fortnight.

My overall view, he came over really well and answered questions honestly and realistically. He said it was useless to promise things now, we had to take baby steps and get the club moving forward.

Have I got confidence in him? Yes, I do, I liked what I heard and everything he said was very realistic, no unrealistic promises and acknowledging that it would be a long term haul, but the view of what they want to do with the club is one I share. Get it stablised and being able to sustain itself in time. Once the next fortnight is out of the way they'll obviously have a better idea of where things stand, and hopefully things can move quickly.

Basically, I definitely think we have reason for hope. These guys seem very realistic and know what is required, and we have Pompey people involved in this deal so, as Rob said, let's be optimistic