Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Perhaps the terms of the loan contracts do not make it viable to return them - PFC maybe duty bound to pay them irrespective because the loan period would have been agreed between the two clubs. The lending club would have factored in the loss of the players service for a pre-determined time and could argue that they do not want the player returned until the end of the contract period.

Not sure of the legalities of this, just me 'thinking out loud', but may explain why the players have not already been returned.

I remember that Lens (I think) didn't want Dindane back at Xmas unless they could sell him because they had loaned him to Poopey in the first place because they couldn't continue to fund his wages. (Neither could Poopey of course, but that never seems to worry them)

I wonder how much Storrie will charge them per hour ?

Consultants dont come cheap and where I used to work it was a standing joke that someone would leave or retire then come back as a consultant and earn more money doing so.

Prorata £1.2million a year perhaps.

my_pfc_dream Posted on 11/03/2010 18:36

avram grant still working for free

Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

says Chainrai

he is a great bloke and deserves a lot more than he is getting!!

Anyone who believes this, is in my opinion, deluded. Why would he??.

I've been wondering about this too. No way would he work for free. Tax free "image rights" payments to an offshore account maybe???

I wonder how much he would get paid for "image rights"? Surely there must be a great demand for his images. :D

avramjabba.jpg

Storrie stepping down is just another bull****-story....

If HMRC finds out, they have been trading insolvent, the Fraud Squad will be looking to him first. He's about the biggest crook of the entire lot at Pompey.

Can't understand why the media paints him as a victim, as he's clearly the culprit for their financial mismanagement

Hehehe...you wish.. :-D

Seriously though PES, is there going to be a proper campaign to oust (as in the dodgy air freshener) Storrieteller out?

Please tell me there is.

You did it Channon, within minutes of your post and !!!POOOOOF!!!! He's gone! :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_6018319,0.html

AA has clearly allowed Storrieteller to fall on his sword and exit with some 'dignity'. Suits all parties as AA cuts him of the wage bill and Storrie avoids a binning.

Actually quite gutted the c*** has gone as he was so bad for them!

He's not gone though has he, he is STILL there be it as a consultant on 10k a week, no difference

He's not gone though has he, he is STILL there be it as a consultant on 10k a week, no difference

I seriously doubt it. It's the polite business way of saying thanks but no thanks. If thjey wanted to keep him on that salary, they would have retained him full time.

Seeing all this, I think it's time to make a radical statement.

The continuing hanging on of Storrie the consultant dishonours football.

Compare him with Andrew Cowen, and to a degree Rupert when Admin hit. While he wasn't happy and did offer to stay on, Rupert actually behaved with a semblance of dignity and honour. Eventually and quietly, he walked away and STFU.

It doesn't absolve him of any blame from what went before, but when you compare it to the scruffy, untidy cut of transfers taking (sorry bonused) Storrie, he behaved like a Gentleman.

Rupert got one critical thing wrong (amongst many). The only Klingon in football is Storrie.

Storrie has behaved as we would expect an average (not intellectual on here poster) Skate to.

Shamefully.

Peter Storrie, your dress sense, your body language and your whole demeanour reflects what you are. A shadow over English Football.

Go away you stupid, greedy, ignorant little man

Compare him with Andrew Cowen, and to a degree Rupert when Admin hit. While he wasn't happy and did offer to stay on, Rupert actually behaved with a semblance of dignity and honour. Eventually and quietly, he walked away and STFU.

I agree with your comments about Storrie. However, I'd like to comment the above statement as I seem to recall that Mark Fry only agreed to become administrator if Rupert resigned straightaway. So Rupes was really left with very little choice.

Seems Mr. Android was less consequent in his approach to administration...

So tick tock they bought some time.

Tick tock from the punishment side, Judgement Day now gets closer - 8 weeks and counting for The Android....

I must confess I haven't read all 400+ pages of this thread, probably about a third of it overall. Can someone please inform me (and others, no doubt) what the significance is of the 8 weeks I've heard mentioned many times. My guess is that is has something to do with Administration, but I'd like it clarified if poss. I may have missed it but I don't remember 8 weeks being significant when we went into Admin last year.

Indeed, they have started on a course that will take many years to overcome.

When did Leeds tumble from the Premiership?

The season before we did - 2003/04. But they only managed 2 seasons in the CCC rather than our 3, hence why this is now their third season in the 3rd division. Guess they flew nearer the sun than we did (Champs League semi final vs FA Cup Final), hence the speedier drop.

actually if he sets himself up correctly, he will not pay much NI and tax will be avoided by the payment of dividend over income tax.

but what do I know about IR 35 avoidance

:-)

Go on. Tell. for example if someone was paid as a contractor by a company in the US. How would that work? :)

Storrie is a total budgie.

In a totally off topic point; perish the thought that anyone implicated in the illegal sale of landmines to Angola to gain indirect control of an EPL club.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/british-expert-is-killed-training-angolans-to-defuse-landmines-1169473.html

You would think that the CEO of any club that did that would hang their head in shame.

Oh dear, yet more problems. Mind you they appear to have a liberal coating of Teflon sprayed all over the place at the moment - nothing seems to stick, so (in the words of good ol' Nick) they'll (he'll) probably get away with this too.

Elsewhere, he is citing abuse as the reason for leaving, (did he think that the fans were going to buy him a gold watch and erect a statue of him outside FP....?):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/12/peter-storrie-leaves-portsmouth

Edited by Micky

actually if he sets himself up correctly, he will not pay much NI and tax will be avoided by the payment of dividend over income tax.

Too much I dare to venture, no worries the IR will get you one day !!

Does he have to spend 6 months and a day in the People Republic of Hayling

to qualify as a non-dom. ?

I agree with your comments about Storrie. However, I'd like to comment the above statement as I seem to recall that Mark Fry only agreed to become administrator if Rupert resigned straightaway. So Rupes was really left with very little choice.

Seems Mr. Android was less consequent in his approach to administration...

Yes, re Rupert, hence my use of the word "Eventually" in my post :D

But it was "Quietly" unlike SFB

Next step IT Forensics.

Then we may well have.

An email from a CEO to a dodgy agent

An agreement with a dodgy agent to avoid using due process to make a fee payment on a loan deal

Now, let's think, where did we see this before.

Oh yes Luton.

And what happened there?

But they were good guys - the only got completely fecked when they admitted it. This one is a potential "Caught red handed one"

Ooops

Might be playing them next season after all

Hmmmm. I smell a charge of finacial irregularity and illegal payment to Agents = -35points.

Anyway, the Administration thing. At the creditors meeting what are the possible outcomes?

1. They have a buyer who will pay sufficient to clear all the debts - surely unlikely, and could only be one of the existing large creditors.

2. The have a buyer who will not clear all the borrowing. The unsecured creditors are unlikely to get much if anything. If the meeting votes in favour, then the club has to be sold through a CVA - to which HMRC will object.

3. There are no offers (or they are so low), the Administator feels he can get best value for the creditors by continuing to trade the business - Parachute payments, player sales etc

4. There are no offers, and the Adminstrator seesk Winding Up as outgoings exceed incomings - more or less already dismissed by AA.

Any other options? And which is most likely - 3?

Surely no-one is going to buy a club with potentially multiple charges of financial irregularity hovering over it? Or would new owners get away with it? I guess not a Luton didn't.

Next step IT Forensics.

Then we may well have.

An email from a CEO to a dodgy agent

An agreement with a dodgy agent to avoid using due process to make a fee payment on a loan deal

Now, let's think, where did we see this before.

Oh yes Luton.

And what happened there?

But they were good guys - the only got completely fecked when they admitted it. This one is a potential "Caught red handed one"

Ooops

Might be playing them next season after all

That last sentence is completely damning...

I have him on my case for payment at the moment and as he will be my chief witness, I would rather keep him happy.

Making illegal payments to agents is against footballs laws, making illegal payments to potential witnesses in a criminal case would be against the law. The hole gets bigger.

Surely no-one is going to buy a club with potentially multiple charges of financial irregularity hovering over it? Or would new owners get away with it? I guess not a Luton didn't.

That is the big difference between the PL and the other divisions & why they were so very desperate to gamble everything on staying there. The PL is like a Wild West gold-rush town, anything goes, no questions asked, as long as you've got money to burn. The FL is a little more conservative and expects rules to be upheld. And as long as that continues to be the case their long slow death will continue.

he's going to stay at a place where he'll get kissed by a fat man with a droopy moustache, they'll have matching outfits and bunk beds.

His only hope is that Mr Big, Fred 'the tan' Dinenage, can pull in a few favours from his old manor, organise some muscle, get him a piece, promise a blag or two, have a wheels man waiting - it's either that or some tasty firm's going to blow more than his back doors off.

After yet another revelation about Storrie this morning, isnt it about time that the FA/PL/FL threw Pompey out for the good of the reputation of the sport ?

yes

but will not happen because it would open up a can of worms, imo the whole premier league is up to its neck in sleaze and corruption with the amount of income slooshing around

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})