Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Seems they cannot get a team up to face Eastliegh!

Taken from the Eastliegh board

Sorry to inform you that the game scheduled for Monday 12th July, against a Portsmouth X1 has been cancelled by PFC. We are told that they do not have enough players available to play us - which makes it impossible for them to fulfill the fixture.

We are hopeful of re-arranging the game, during the pre season period. More news when applicable.

Seems they cannot get a team up to face Eastliegh!

Taken from the Eastliegh board

Sorry to inform you that the game scheduled for Monday 12th July, against a Portsmouth X1 has been cancelled by PFC. We are told that they do not have enough players available to play us - which makes it impossible for them to fulfill the fixture.

We are hopeful of re-arranging the game, during the pre season period. More news when applicable.

So, if I read this right, Eastleigh have more depth in their squad than the Skates.

Luuverly, he said rubbing his hands together, looks like the CCC is going to be fun this year for the Blue Phew.

A local rag journalist is getting excited that a Premiership club is playing a friendly here in San Diego, and has 4 world cup players. I wonder who should break it to him that (a) they are no longer in the PL, and (b) they probably won't have any world cup players left by the time whatever remnants of their squad turn up? :lol:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jul/03/soccer-mad-city-shut-out-mls/

Grasping this are Anthony Fernandez, CEO of Pazzo Sports, and Randy Phillips, president of FLIP Media and Whole Planet Media, who are bringing an unprecedented match between England’s Portsmouth and Mexico’s Club America to Qualcomm Stadium for a friendly on July 14. They hope to put on similar soccer events here twice a year. They get it.

Portsmouth never has played in these parts, and Club America hardly is bush league. If you like the game, this is good stuff.

“This is the first time an English premier team has come to San Diego, and Club America is one of Mexico’s storied franchises,” Fernandez says. “We have a capacity of 32,000 for this game, and we’re expecting at least 25,000. Portsmouth has four World Cup players representing various countries. We think we’ve found a niche.

A local rag journalist is getting excited that a Premiership club is playing a friendly here in San Diego, and has 4 world cup players. I wonder who should break it to him that (a) they are no longer in the PL, and (b) they probably won't have any world cup players left by the time whatever remnants of their squad turn up? :lol:

Grasping this are Anthony Fernandez, CEO of Pazzo Sports, and Randy Phillips, president of FLIP Media and Whole Planet Media, who are bringing an unprecedented match between England’s Portsmouth and Mexico’s Club America to Qualcomm Stadium for a friendly on July 14. They hope to put on similar soccer events here twice a year. They get it.

Portsmouth never has played in these parts, and Club America hardly is bush league. If you like the game, this is good stuff.

“This is the first time an English premier team has come to San Diego, and Club America is one of Mexico’s storied franchises,” Fernandez says. “We have a capacity of 32,000 for this game, and we’re expecting at least 25,000. Portsmouth has four World Cup players representing various countries. We think we’ve found a niche.

Did AA write that?

Is the following rather unusual, for such a well run club as Poor smouth.......

........to take advantage of Portsmouth’s financial crisis with a £500,000 bid for Lenny Sowah.

The left-back, 17, made five Premier League appearances during Pompey’s relegation season but has failed to report back for pre-season training due to a dispute over unpaid bonuses.:rolleyes:

so pompey could lose their most promising prospect through trying to rip him off?

AA needs to stand up with his hand of twos and threes and tell the rest of the poker club that they can't just take HIS players and that he will refuse derisory offers...he has excellent cashflow and doesn't need to sell, there will be no firesale, in fact he is looking to recruit rather than sell, they are building a premiership club to last a thousand generations etc....

Unless his puppet master wants half a million quid spending money.

And as Avram says, 'you can't break their spirit but you can take their coaching staff'.

And as Avram says, 'you can't break their spirit but you can take their coaching staff'.

No you can't, as Andy said on 28th May (and I quote):

"Our coaches are going nowhere. Then again, that may be famous last words. I suppose making sure nobody takes them away from us is probably my next problem. I have not heard they are thinking of moving"

Several Saints fans leaving comments on that article I see.....tsk tsk....I can't possibly condone such sly behaviour.....

Several Saints fans leaving comments on that article I see.....tsk tsk....I can't possibly condone such sly behaviour.....

Everybody's got it in for Poorsmouth :blush:

so pompey could lose their most promising prospect through trying to rip him off?

That he is your most promising prospect or that your club is capable of trying to rip someone off?

Crack of the week!

Is the following rather unusual, for such a well run club as Poor smouth.......

........to take advantage of Portsmouth’s financial crisis with a £500,000 bid for Lenny Sowah.

The left-back, 17, made five Premier League appearances during Pompey’s relegation season but has failed to report back for pre-season training due to a dispute over unpaid bonuses.:rolleyes:

Q. What sort of bonuses does one get for just 5 1st team games or this yet another tale from Storrieville

Q. What sort of bonuses does one get for just 5 1st team games or this yet another tale from Storrieville

Oh, I can quite believe this. Let's face it, the bonuses (probably for making the first team) don't actually have to be that big for Poortsmouth not to pay them. Seems like the lad is being very sensible and he can see which way things are going. You don't have to be a rat to realise the ship is sinking and leaving it.

funny how the younger talented players on low wages are easy to offload but the disinterested overpaid ones just take root and eventually have to be chased off the premises with a shltty stick.

(see the case of Walcott/Bale v Rasiak/Saga)

They're going to have a team containing so much deadwood you could stick a sail on it and relocate it in the historic dockyard.

I imagine that he was on a very low wage but that this would have increased for 1st team appearances, which I think is fair enough. I imagine that that would be quite a common scenario for young players who haven't proved that they can cut the mustard in the top flight.

At least some skates have a sense of humour:

Cotterill: "That's difficult to do at the moment, because there are a lot of balls up in the air and we are waiting for a few to drop."

Comment number 3:

Waiting for balls to drop???

Just how young is our squad?

:lol:

Had a wry smile at this, posted on a Poopey board..

#1 05 Jul 2010 17:13 Complain | Prev | Next | Quote and reply to userReply to user

Signed: August 2009 Summer transfer news. ...

Trialist

Trialist

Are you lot going to have any players come start of the season?

Why doesn't the whole town donate their benefit money for one week so you can survive. God knows there's enough of you on it.

Can't wait to come to Pompey next year and smash up The Registry.

:lol:

Is this one true, also dug up off a Poopey board!...

Holbrookblue Posted on 05/07/2010 18:51

ompey school of excellance

Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

A mate of mines little brother went for a trial with pompeys youth scheme last week and was trained by scummer coaches[|)]. Apparently due to our financial problems our youth scheme is now a joint effort with there help and is held in Eastleigh. If this is true and although gutting fair play to them for helping the kids out.

Is this one true, also dug up off a Poopey board!...

Holbrookblue Posted on 05/07/2010 18:51

ompey school of excellance

A mate of mines little brother went for a trial with pompeys youth scheme last week and was trained by scummer coaches[|)]. Apparently due to our financial problems our youth scheme is now a joint effort with there help and is held in Eastleigh. If this is true and although gutting fair play to them for helping the kids out.

Shows how quiet things are on our forum when we are reduced to trawling through pompey boards. However it brings back those days from last summer when we we trawling through any info. we could find, on our own near demise.

That's £165,000 towards the £15 million they need to raise in player sales. Only another £14,835,000 to go, then.....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Hamburg-close-in-on-Sowah.6402102.jp

They don't learn & it seems to be catching....

Pompey chief executive David Lampitt insisted they did everything they could to keep the player at Fratton Park.

He said: 'We made Lenny an improved offer and we were keen to keep hold of him.'

Maybe paying him the small amount in the first place might have helped David?

as far as squad strength and fundraising goes that's a double disaster.

Suggestion was that he could have been a great player for them at that level and was highly valued, presumably Wigan's alleged £500K interest was a feeble attempt to start a bidding war?

Does this expose the fact that Pompey have no power to make offers or to retain anyone?

Hamburg have just driven a bus through AA's ****y claims about a promotion push, the dismantling will continue.

roll up, it's bargain time, everyone must go, and if the taxman reappears the future will look very bleak indeed.

That's £165,000 towards the £15 million they need to raise in player sales. Only another £14,835,000 to go, then.....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Hamburg-close-in-on-Sowah.6402102.jp

Got to laugh at there coments.

Kranjcar19,

06/07/2010 10:40:00

Which idiot put the wrong picture in ? What a joke and poor business by Pompey to lose a fine young player for a pittance !

Pompeywot,

06/07/2010 10:42:16

Bad attitude and dishonest, good riddance really.

Doddsy155,

06/07/2010 10:56:37

Good riddance. Does he not realise that despite being promised bonuses etc, the club has no money to pay such thing. No such thing as loyalty is there?

Jagermeister,

06/07/2010 11:06:58

£165000 what a joke. This guy has the potential to be a superstar why not keep him as an investment. He could be worth 5 mill within a year. Our club really has no idea.............

Fratton man,

London 06/07/2010 11:40:23

Arrogant and money chaser and he's only a kid. Just shows you how greedy some players are. Bye Lenny and good riddence.

There are a few that seem to see sense and a few that disagree with Fratton Man above

nobbyblue,

06/07/2010 11:38:41 You're out of contract with a Championship side that fails to honour that contract by not paying agreed bonuses. You're offered and accept a contract by a major club in your home country. Pray tell me what Herr Sowah has done wrong?

nobbyblue,

06/07/2010 11:45:56 So Frattonman if your boss had agreed to pay you a bonus and failed to do so, and then called you an arrogant money chaser when you got another job, he'd be right?

But his reply is even funnier. I think he believes Poopy have some kind of money tree that will eventually grow enough to pay everyone what they are owed. They just need to hold tight and wait. lol

Fratton man,

London 06/07/2010 11:55:35 Post 17

Patience is the word as l'm sure all outstanding bonuses would be paid once the business is back on a stable footing but it seems that some people don't have patience.O'h ya, my company don't pay bonuses.

Got to laugh at there coments.

Fratton man,

Patience is the word as l'm sure all outstanding bonuses would be paid once the business is back on a stable footing but it seems that some people don't have patience.O'h ya, my company don't pay bonuses.

That'll be you and I then, via our taxes, bad people...bad,bad people!:lol:

Fratton man,

I'm sure they do pay a McBonus, but only to the managers ;)

Majority confident on no HMRC appeal

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=280405

And from that site:

blueinbrum Posted on 06/07/2010 17:33

HMRC drag it out...

Not only are HMRC claiming additional debts without precedent but is it coincidence that the amount of the additional claim is just what they needed to vote the CVA down at the outset.

I take the position that a court will take a fairly dim view of an appellant who could be seen trying to manipulate existing law to their own benefit, again, even if it is HMRC.

They really don't see the irony in that do they? Edited by EastleighSoulBoy

mr_bishiuk Posted on 06/07/2010 18:09

HMRC drag it out...

Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yer I completly agree HMRC are on dodgy ground if they appeal, they were the ones who kept putting their figures up and even they started refusing payments from the club at one point.

HMRC are basically ending up with 25% becaus eof the additional charges AA has let them have.

At the end of the day AA has played a blinder, HMRC tried to pull a fast one at the last moment by changing their CVA position but AA must have already had a Plan b up his sleave in case of such an eventuality..

Their comments are funnier than watching their team last year.

As ESB says

They really don't see the irony in that do they?

To be fair to their supporters they have sold (according to the club website - if you can believe it!!) over 8,000 season tickets so far.

In the circumstances that is not too bad a number.

They could be a lonley bunch on the wet and cold Weds later in the season!!

That'll be you and I then, via our taxes, bad people...bad,bad people!:lol:

Seriously though, are there realy many companys that dont pay bonus'? Everywhere I have worked pay a Xmas bonus as long as the company has reached its targets for the year. Only had one job that had a performance bonus but a bonus is a bonus right?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})