Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

And funnily enough Gaydamak told us he was doing exactly that. Just like your being told as well

Well, let's wait and see if ML, who earned his money the honest way, and runs businesses without debt, turns out to be cut from the same cloth as the son of the child-maiming gun runner.

Or not. :rolleyes:

Let's put some of this nonsense about debt from the skates to bed shall we.

138 million boys. Read that again 138 million. HOW much of that is your CVA repaying? How much are you stealing from suppliers?

Now you argue about SMS and the mortgage.

In 2009 the forecast debt to Aviva was 24,150,000 and the agreed arrears 1,230,000 making a total as stated on here of just over 25million.

The commonly held settlement figure in cash terms was 7,000,000. So on that basis SLH "stole" 18million. Now how does that figure compare to the total the skates are NOT paying?

BUT it is also quite possible that is not the whole figure as through negotiations, Aviva were expecting that future performance based bonus payments were paid on promotion to CCC & PL. Whether that ever came to be cast in stone we will never know.

Barclays Overdraft was 4,000,000 give or take 172k of which they will have settled for around 25%.

So. We went into admin because a bunch of clowns took over the club and in 2009 ramped up expenditure on salaries so that we were forecasted to lose 8million in that year on top of a loss of 4,000,000 in 2008.

So we did NOT pay back 21million of debts. The clowns ran up 12 million of losses through their ill fated spending spree. One year of allowing lunatics to run the asylum.

Now, when the Dark Lord returned and destroyed the club, he CUT our expenses by 30% in a desperate attempt to AVOID going bust - you hear that skates - WE TRIED to save OURSELVES. We didn't blame the PL for not raising Parachute payments to 3 years we TRIED to save ourselves.

And YOU did what?

You gave a statement to the PL in JANUARY that you were TRADING SOLVENTLY so that you could sign NEW players and pay NEW loan fees (that you haven't ACTUALLY paid) so that you could try and CHEAT your way to staying in the PL.

ONE SEASON OF MADNESS, NOT 10

12 MILLION IN LOSSES IN 2 YEARS and yet we only shaved 21 million of the debts to large banking institutions.

Cut the "Oh you were as bad as us cr*p" It is like your club, a joke

Yep, agree entirely. That's why I haven't bothered with this site for the last few months. Waste of time coming on here now as they're so immersed in bitterness and hate that any conversation very quickly decends into abuse.....

Yep, didn't think it would be long before the crocodile tears about poor Terry the builder or some charity would start to flow. You don't give a toss about Terry the builder, it's just another reason to display a bit of mock outrage at nasty Pompey.

The most laughable thing about this board though is the way it's posters constantly seem to see themselves as somehow superior to other clubs fans, as if people are desperate to come on here for some sophisticated interaction when Mensa is shut.

The sad reality is that from the tone of this thread at least, most saints posters are either seriously twisted by hate, deluded into believing they have a massive intellect and are the fountain of all knowledge, or those who are nothing more than fence rattling knuckledraggers. Some even manage to be all three for Christs sake...

hahaha this coming from a set of fans that declared themselves as...mmm now what was it again.."the best set of fans in the world" or words to that effect.

how many days until HMRC wipe the fish i mean smile from your gills?

CHEATS

Come on people, don't bother to reply to these skates ( except Mack Rill ) as there are none as blind as them that want to be. These skates that do

appear on here are so "blind" I am amazed that they can read let alone type a message.

The phrase "Intellectual Pygmies" springs to mind as soon as I read skate speak.

Let's put some of this nonsense about debt from the skates to bed shall we.

138 million boys. Read that again 138 million. HOW much of that is your CVA repaying? How much are you stealing from suppliers?

Now you argue about SMS and the mortgage.

In 2009 the forecast debt to Aviva was 24,150,000 and the agreed arrears 1,230,000 making a total as stated on here of just over 25million.

The commonly held settlement figure in cash terms was 7,000,000. So on that basis SLH "stole" 18million. Now how does that figure compare to the total the skates are NOT paying?

BUT it is also quite possible that is not the whole figure as through negotiations, Aviva were expecting that future performance based bonus payments were paid on promotion to CCC & PL. Whether that ever came to be cast in stone we will never know.

Barclays Overdraft was 4,000,000 give or take 172k of which they will have settled for around 25%.

So. We went into admin because a bunch of clowns took over the club and in 2009 ramped up expenditure on salaries so that we were forecasted to lose 8million in that year on top of a loss of 4,000,000 in 2008.

So we did NOT pay back 21million of debts. The clowns ran up 12 million of losses through their ill fated spending spree. One year of allowing lunatics to run the asylum.

Now, when the Dark Lord returned and destroyed the club, he CUT our expenses by 30% in a desperate attempt to AVOID going bust - you hear that skates - WE TRIED to save OURSELVES. We didn't blame the PL for not raising Parachute payments to 3 years we TRIED to save ourselves.

And YOU did what?

You gave a statement to the PL in JANUARY that you were TRADING SOLVENTLY so that you could sign NEW players and pay NEW loan fees (that you haven't ACTUALLY paid) so that you could try and CHEAT your way to staying in the PL.

ONE SEASON OF MADNESS, NOT 10

12 MILLION IN LOSSES IN 2 YEARS and yet we only shaved 21 million of the debts to large banking institutions.

Cut the "Oh you were as bad as us cr*p" It is like your club, a joke

You say that Phil but lets say we had £130m as debt.

£32m for Gaydamak

£5m for Fahim

£14m for Chainrai

This debt accrued from September onwards

So before the whole Faraj/Fahim/Chainrai saga our debt according to AA would have been £79m. Yes still not good.

How much did we get from palyer sales from the 2008 FA Cup squad? Nigh on £100m.

Like you Pompey fans want to know where the money has gone as well.

Phil you say your losses before admin were apporaching £12m, correct? That is 4 years worth of TV money in the Championship roughly.

£79m is 2 years worth of Prem money.

£32m for Gaydamak

£5m for Fahim

£14m for Chainrai

So before the whole Faraj/Fahim/Chainrai saga our debt according to AA would have been £79m. Yes still not good.

How much did we get from palyer sales from the 2008 FA Cup squad? Nigh on £100m.

Phil you say your losses before admin were apporaching £12m, correct? That is 4 years worth of TV money in the Championship roughly.

You just don't understand. So here, for the Nth time, from one who is not too financially bright, is the low down.

We stopped and filed for Administration the moment we realised that we would be trading illegally.

When, just when, did your bunch of criminals actually stop? Certainly long after realising what a parlous state your finances were in.

You belittle yourself by coming on here and trying to draw comparisons, it's like you are defending Storrie and all his nefarious cahoots!

£32m for Gaydamak

£5m for Fahim

£14m for Chainrai

It was reported in the papers before MM left that the debt was 100m. That was quickly quoshed by MM as he was in the process of selling to Gaydamek. Only now we can see that the way debts have been hidden that it could have been true,especially as you say you sold nigh on £100m worth of players. Do not believe that it was only since gaydamek that there has been a lot of debt hanging around.

I can't see them meeting the roughly £15m required in the CVA. I wonder what happens if they don't?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/World-Cup-buzz-sparks-interest.6380928.jp

It's galling, they just carry on as though they have had a parking ticket. No sense of having to act, and sit back waiting to take offers on their players but also in the position to refuse.

They gave their creditors 20p in the pound and then act as if they have been fondled by a stranger in public if anybody dares to try and give them a bit of their own.

Reading a post higher up, i notice that Sol and Hart and a few others dont seem to be part ofr the football creditors and so wont get their full amount. i wonder if they will join the HMRC and object.That is quite a bit of money that is being written off

I can't see them meeting the roughly £15m required in the CVA. I wonder what happens if they don't?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/World-Cup-buzz-sparks-interest.6380928.jp

I like this bit from that article:

Lampitt said: 'Steve is going to have to work on a budget.

'We all know the constraints – but that's the same across football, really.

Really! Those constraints haven't existed for the Blue Phew! for the last few years.

Time to buckle down?

It's galling, they just carry on as though they have had a parking ticket. No sense of having to act, and sit back waiting to take offers on their players but also in the position to refuse.

They gave their creditors 20p in the pound and then act as if they have been fondled by a stranger in public if anybody dares to try and give them a bit of their own.

Reading a post higher up, i notice that Sol and Hart and a few others dont seem to be part ofr the football creditors and so wont get their full amount. i wonder if they will join the HMRC and object.That is quite a bit of money that is being written off

I think that Hart did object? Again, I think, AA was quoted as saying he couldn't understand why Hart had objected as he was a football creditor and would get all his money?

£32m for Gaydamak

£5m for Fahim

£14m for Chainrai

You identify the true issue in your own reply.

PFC lodged documentation with the PL in January to PROVE that they were trading solvently.

The FACT is that from the moment Al Jokke & his shadow came on the scene you were NOT being run Slovently as Gaydamark had pulled his funding.

You ENTERED the PL in 2009 under false pretences.

IF you had 100mil of debt where were the assets to cover that?

You were insolvent at the start of the season, the PL have changed the rules because of you and others. You aren't legally entitled to the increased parachute payments as you shouldn\t have been in the League in the first place.

The TV revenue comparison is irrelevant, the REASON you are getting the stick is because you at BEST misrepresented your financial position (maybe even downright lied) to sign players you have not (yet) paid for. You did NOT follow Corporate Compliance - ie you cheated.

Yep, agree entirely. That's why I haven't bothered with this site for the last few months. Waste of time coming on here now as they're so immersed in bitterness and hate that any conversation very quickly decends into abuse.....

Yep, didn't think it would be long before the crocodile tears about poor Terry the builder or some charity would start to flow. You don't give a toss about Terry the builder, it's just another reason to display a bit of mock outrage at nasty Pompey.

The most laughable thing about this board though is the way it's posters constantly seem to see themselves as somehow superior to other clubs fans, as if people are desperate to come on here for some sophisticated interaction when Mensa is shut.

The sad reality is that from the tone of this thread at least, most saints posters are either seriously twisted by hate, deluded into believing they have a massive intellect and are the fountain of all knowledge, or those who are nothing more than fence rattling knuckledraggers. Some even manage to be all three for Christs sake...

You have to laugh, what a statement from one of the (and I quote the deluded blue-few) "best fans in the world", as for "twisted with hate" you've just proven you're a classic JLC, go ask your new buddies what it was like before your recent glory years, exactly how they felt about the "scummers".

Dopey skate c**t. :p

I cont even hate pompey...I have many a good frind who is on that dark side... ST holders who care about their club... but you have to acknowledge a few things too.

1. The vast majority of your fans dont actually believe the club have done anything wrong. They refuse to accept that the financial management of the club and approach taken DIRECTLY led to a vast competitive advantage. Now had that been sustainable and serviceable as say Chelski or Man U, then its no story, becasue as some have pointed out that is the state of the Engliash game right or wrong, however, because its was NOT sustainable it is in effect a policy that makes the advantage UNFAIR at ebst and Cheating at worst. Its the failure of many of your fans to recognise this that has hit a nerve.

2. Saints did follow a similar path in the CCC. We spent money that was not borrowed, butthat should have been put aside to cover the contractual obligations if we failed to get promoted back to the Prem... on a push to do just that. It was not debt at that time though but cash assets that we should have 'saved for the rainy day' - we got beaten on pens in teh playoffs, failed in promotion and then struggled - contracts we could not really afford and no one wanting the players - but we are talking about small amounts in comparison - however we went into admin, and took our punishment.

3. Many pompey fans are rightly astounded at the shear size of th debt but seem to be blaming anyone but the club for this - eg its the prems fault for allowing it happen, or allowing those owners who made promises to take on the club.. what is not seemingly understood is that the fit and proper test does not demand someone has cash to DONATE to the to cover the debt and invest further in the business... no owner is under any obligation to do this, but they are under obligation to manage the finance well.

4. The fans are not at fault - that is true, but fans cannot on the one hand celebrate success without acknowledgeing teh advantage that the borrowings and thus debt has enabled, yet complain afterwards that. Fans new the debts were rising, some 30 mil Plus during your cup win season, but no one was complaining when further spending occured to reinforce Harry's team... it was ignored.

5. Since Admin, when teh size of teh debt seemed to grow almost daily, there have been many inconsistencies between what is published as requirements by the regulatory authorities when a business is in admin and what AA says and acts publically. Now it may be that we dont fully understand the subtlties of the regulations of Admin, but one thing is clear, AA does not seem to be acting like a true administrator - but more like a new chairman. Yes its truethat the administrator has to find a balance between what is acceptable to creditors and looking to see if there are ways to keep the business afloat and back on the track to financial health. So how on earth can he commit to 10 mil PA wage bills, when offering such a poor CVA return to both the HMRC and the other creditors? It may well be within the rules legally, but ethically it stinks and those friends of mine I speak to know it does. It taints the successes of recent years and should Pompey by some miracle manage to scrape back up (because they have ironically been saved by the prems increase in parachute payments - - which had those levels been avaiable to us would have meant we would never had had our problems), after having wirtten off some 80 mil of debt, and only had -9 points in penalty that had no impact anyway, you have to admit you would have benefitted from a system that changed at the right time. Clubs that have not had that luck would be right to feel agreived... surely? Its this potential for 'having got away with it' that causes the most bitterness, and is it wrong to feel it, given the ethicas of the situation? Especially as the fundementals of sport are about fairness and the smae rules for all?

6. We now have a wealthy owner, who is ambitious, but he is also demanding we live within our means - something that for me is a good thing, because any success we do eventually have will taste so much sweeter because of it.

7. I dont want any club to fail. Clubs are at the communities' hearts. BUt I also want to see fans accept when their club has been wrong and accept it for what it is...

Good. A nice little snippet;

To lodge an appeal they would have to prove we could have given them a better return.

Well i'm no lawyer but how about putting the wage cap at 5k instead of 10k

or even basing the det on real debts, not a total (To quote aa) that you expect to see drop dramatically when proof is required.

Baldrick could prove a better return was possible (Not to mention Griffins) The more you read stuff like that the more you feel assured an appeal will come.....probably on the last day.

pompey have consistently stuck two fingers up at HMRC, the last time being last week, when not only did aa not recoginise the full debt he refused to explain why.........HMRC will appeal out of spite if nothing else.

Andronikou in The News:-

'So far, nobody has lodged an appeal and I am not expecting one because I think the CVA looks after the interests of all the creditors and is one that is workable.

'They will have to show their claim has been prejudiced and we could have given them a better return.

Well, HMRC's claim was certainly prejudiced, because the Android took it upon himself to reduce the level of their claim. As for them and the other creditors having to show that the Android could have given them a better return, all they would have to do is point to the rival IP's assessment of what the payment could have been, which was substantially higher.

As usual, the Android either has more front than Brighton (the resort, not the team), or else he is incredibly naive, if he believes that the CVA won't be appealed. Why, it is clear even to a Skate poster commenting on the article that the appeal by HMRC will be at the 11th hour to cause maximum damage to their plans. Shame that the Chuckle Brothers don't see things as clearly.

How on earth is Tal Ben Haim worth 2.34 million a year on wages???? That's crazy!!! Though in the city of Portsmouth I suppose that's probably seen as reasonable (yawn).

HMRC will go for it right at the end, they will talk to many lawyers, talk to many judges, and come up with the tightest and strongest argument they could possibly have. I pray for the sake of the future of English football that the judge will have the balls to throw Pompey in the mud - and clean up Saints and 90 of our professional fellows in the process. Although, I spose Chainrai will pay the judge off too, under the nose of Lampitt and the FA.

JUst remember what they did last time after they pressured the PL to lifting the embargo;

Used unregistered agents,

Uped the debt even more

two players magically paid off theoir contracts so they were free agents and could sign for them

Tried to get round the rules that the PL had put in place to have willy paid ahead of other creditors

It won't being lifted anytime so and if chanari is still on the scene, it will be January of next year at the earliest.

The comments on that page are quite funny.

This guy thinks there will be no apeal as HMRC's claim is not a viable legal reason!!!

Why would they lift the ban when the next day the FL may have to reimpose it. Its commonsense to wait.

This news is no news, we will have to wait the 28 days.

I still expect that no appeal will be made, unless they dig up something under hand by the Administrator. I do not consider the HMRC claim of £35m as viable legal reason. .

Reading some of the replies, some of them are really clued up. Interesting that one mentions that the administration is what some of us said at the time that it smelt of a pre-pact deal. Shedding the debt but then coming out free of debt. A real s####y trick.

Reading some of the replies, some of them are really clued up. Interesting that one mentions that the administration is what some of us said at the time that it smelt of a pre-pact deal. Shedding the debt but then coming out free of debt. A real s####y trick.

It's nothing like a "pre-pack" administration.

A pre-pack administration is when you agree a sale in advance of administration, enter administration and then complete on the sale immediately.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/30544.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

How do they stand when a player has a contract for 45k a week that nobody wants to take on, and the club has imposed a 10k a week wage limit for players next season?

This is where the prospect of raising £15 million in income falls down.

They HAVE to get him off their wage bill. They will probably end up subsidising his wages either on a free or as a loan, otherwise his contract will cost them somewhere about £6 mill over the next two years. Therefore they would be happy to shed it for £3mill, but that starts the route to £15 mill of income with a good minus three.

Oh the fun is only just starting.

£32m for Gaydamak

£5m for Fahim

£14m for Chainrai

Two questions....

1. How is it possible to accrue debts to Gaydamak from September when he's been gone for 6 months or so by September?

2. How is it possible to owe £5m to Fahim - a person who by your own administrator's admission doesn't appear to even exist!

2. How is it possible to owe £5m to Fahim - a person who by your own administrator's admission doesn't appear to even exist!

You're confusing the ill-fitting replica shirt-wearing Sulieman al-Fahim with the never-spotted Ali al-Faraj...

Interestingly, Radio Solent's Twitter feed has just revealed that:

#pompey administrator tells us there has been no formal offer to buy the club but there has been some 'background noise' on the subject

#pompey administrator tells us there have been offers for a number of players which they are aiming to maximise for the club's interest

and the best one...

#pompey administrator tells us the club's lawyers have been in touch with HMRC and they hope to meet with them next week.

Er, why have the club's lawyers been in touch with HMRC if a) there has been no appeal, and b) the CVA is - as they claim - watertight? :suspicious:

It's nothing like a "pre-pack" administration.

A pre-pack administration is when you agree a sale in advance of administration, enter administration and then complete on the sale immediately.

i will bow to your knowledge

Two questions....

1. How is it possible to accrue debts to Gaydamak from September when he's been gone for 6 months or so by September?

If they dont understand how bad there situation is then there is not much hope for us to understand it either.

When we were up the shoot we all thought things were allot worse than they were. But even an Estate Agent came close to taking us over so our finances could not have been that bad.

Poopy's options seem to be to hope for a mega mega rich person to come along that considers there problems as small change. lol

Two questions....

1. Faraj took over Fahim's "purchase" of the club and this involved us paying £32m to Gayadamak which we defaulted on

2. Because he lent us £5m

Harding was our first signing last year on 21 July - so if they can start signing on 15 July it won't be too much of a hardship for them.

It doesn't just apply to incoming players on loans and transfers. James, Rocha and HH etc can't sign new deals when their old ones expire on 30th June.

Out of contract players, free transfers and loans are unlikely to hang around for Pompey, many will be snapped up by other clubs. I doubt many agents will advise a player to wait for Pompey until the 15th for a possible contract when they could goto another club and sign today.

If players did wait for Pompey they may miss the first two weeks of pre-season training. I'm not sure if an unregistered player would be covered by insurance to train. It may mean they look elsewhere for a club rather than be in limbo for the next 3 weeks or more.

Also it is 15th July at the earliest, if someone appeals the CVA then the embargo wouldn't be lifted for weeks (possibly months) until it is resolved in court. The players will be in limbo.

It doesn't just apply to incoming players on loans and transfers. James, Rocha and HH etc can't sign new deals when their old ones expire on 30th June.

Out of contract players, free transfers and loans are unlikely to hang around for Pompey, many will be snapped up by other clubs. If players did wait for Pompey they may miss the first two weeks of pre-season training. I'm not sure if an unregistered player would be covered by insurance to train. It may mean they look elsewhere for a club rather than be in limbo for the next 3 weeks or more.

Also it is 15th July at the earliest, if someone appeals the CVA then the embargo wouldn't be lifted for weeks (possibly months) until it is resolved in court. The players will be in limbo.

If HMRC do what they did to Leeds then poopy will be firmly in the poop as the appeal will go in last min and the embargo wont be lifted until very late. poopy will have to exit administration without the cva and mega points deductions will be thrown at the blue few.

Well thats how most Saints fans would like it to pan out. I wouldnt be suprised if there are a few more twists and turns between now and then and the slippery lil suckers will no doubt worm out of more than there fair share of poop.

This should do wonders for their season ticket sales

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/people/You-thought-he-couldn39t-be.6378097.jp

TH1_23620102410440-1-pet-vuvu.jpg

Of course no other fans would get behind their team John, no fans get behind the team on a run to Wembley. I would have loved to see how they would have been if they had gone out to Coventry in the 3rd like they should have.

Harding was our first signing last year on 21 July - so if they can start signing on 15 July it won't be too much of a hardship for them.
but all of the Argentinian team would have been signed up by other teams by then......although i suspect most will wait for Pompey Edited by OldNick

If HMRC do what they did to Leeds then poopy will be firmly in the poop as the appeal will go in last min and the embargo wont be lifted until very late. poopy will have to exit administration without the cva and mega points deductions will be thrown at the blue few.

Well thats how most Saints fans would like it to pan out. I wouldnt be suprised if there are a few more twists and turns between now and then and the slippery lil suckers will no doubt worm out of more than there fair share of poop.

To be fair they don't have to exit administration to start the season.....

They will remain under an embargo though if they don't exit admin AND don't get a NEW owner....

So AA wrong again, I wonder why Matt Slater also said the 1st was likely.

Rob Lloyd is still sniffing around... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/23/portsmouth-meeting-potential-buyers

although it states Tal Ben Haim is likely to join West Ham.

So AA wrong again, I wonder why Matt Slater also said the 1st was likely.

Rob Lloyd is still sniffing around... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/23/portsmouth-meeting-potential-buyers

although it states Tal Ben Haim is likely to join West Ham.

It also states for a fee of around 4.5 million, although the news is reporting that he had a clause in his contract allowing him to leave on a free if the club were relegated.

Mr Storrie at his very best again - good job he has 25 years footballing experience, otherwise he might have included a clause that Ben Haim got image rights as well :lol:

The comments on that page are quite funny.

This guy thinks there will be no apeal as HMRC's claim is not a viable legal reason!!!

He is a bit of a nobber that bloke. Had a couple of run ins with him - I tried to explain the finer duties of an administrators duties, but I think he's a bit simple.

Leeds couldn't afford to carry on in administration so had to exit without a CVA. Can the skates afford to carry on trading whilst insolvent, who knows???

But of course they can, just keep running up the debt, hey, it's worked for the last couple of years!

ps I added a bit for you;)

In the comments I see the few blindly abusing a taxi firm that had the audacity to ask for more than the annual 4p in the pound (less expenses!) of the money stolen from them by Pompey.

I bet those terminally-ill children will be banging on next about their money as well.

Why can't they just let plucky Pompey get on with it?

Sometimes it's best to accept that your club is the guilty party and to keep it shut.

Anyway, how's the prossie-botherer getting on, I do miss his comedy routines, is he still creeping around industrial estates looking for filthy smack heads in mini skirts?

They can afford someone to drive him to brothels but they can't break his spirit etc

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})