Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Colonel Gaddafi to be unveiled as the backer? Even with the money that's been frozen he'd still be able to live (and be treated) like a king in Skatesmouth

The recent delays in the takover were due to Gaddafi having trouble getting hold of his business partner Ratko Mladic?

Colonel Gaddafi to be unveiled as the backer? Even with the money that's been frozen he'd still be able to live (and be treated) like a king in Skatesmouth

The Footballing Son of Gaddafi was calling up brokers attempting to find someone who would put him in touch with PCFC about 400 pages ago may even have had a post or two justifying that from the less enlightened few at the time.

Absolutely no evidence in any of the CSI track record to show any link to the ME - Ice Hockey, Motor Sports, Basketball their record goes back a long way and always into Mother Russia

Still.

I wonder how the few would react if anyone ever found out who could really be behind their bid?

What could be the ONLY thing funnier from our side than them being taken over by more dodgy dealers?

What could be the one to knock the Russkies right out of their stride and cause a panic attack of sudden communication and denials?

The truth is out there, just need Mulder or Scully to find it

Phil you ******* idiot. I have 4 hours and 22 minutes to finish and submit a $3 million RFP and you come up with this little gem.

"HI" I'm after an extension on the RFP

"Why"

"Phil reckons the pompey takeover is slightly flawed"

"No problem, crack on and report back"

Phil you little tease, are you challenging Ho's alltime record for slightly-flawed ITK claims? - or, if you really have some interesting titbits give clues that us sharper ones can translate! :)

for instance - Is the child-maimer back in the building?...or did he never leave?

Or just give marks out of ten to the takeover if you were a member of the few......

Phil you ******* idiot. I have 4 hours and 22 minutes to finish and submit a $3 million RFP and you come up with this little gem.

"HI" I'm after an extension on the RFP

"Why"

"Phil reckons the pompey takeover is slightly flawed"

"No problem, crack on and report back"

Well thought it was funny and should refute young Benji's claims. Rallyboy.

Your own fault, no fiver what to do?

I positively totally utterly refute being ITK. It's just that I have an uncanny knack fro remembering funny things I read and then fnding them.

But this one - I'm PMSL that nobody else has worked it out. Jeez the clues haven't been even slightly Cyrillic oops sorry cryptic

Obviously Gemmel worked it out - let's not spoil his moment of glory

I positively totally utterly refute being ITK. It's just that I have an uncanny knack fro remembering funny things I read and then fnding them.

But this one - I'm PMSL that nobody else has worked it out. Jeez the clues haven't been even slightly Cyrillic oops sorry cryptic

can you please Give A Discreet, Direct And Finally Informative clue as to wether there is a golden clue or two in there? or am I reading to much into this? ;)

Dont know if this has been posted, but it appears they are in a "bidding war" with..........................us

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_set_for_battle_with_rivals_for_howard_1_2737754

You can smell his desperation

"Howard is fully aware of the feel-good factor generated by Cotterill among his squad last season, as the Blues survived in the Championship."

Dont know if this has been posted, but it appears they are in a "bidding war" with..........................us

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_set_for_battle_with_rivals_for_howard_1_2737754

You can smell his desperation

"Howard is fully aware of the feel-good factor generated by Cotterill among his squad last season, as the Blues survived in the Championship."

Excellent comment

andi4asg

Friday, June 3, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Just looked at "the Echo" some of the comments are rather nasty, What are "Skates"? do they not like us over there???. I sense a turn of the tide in our favour again, they are getting worried

Excellent comment

andi4asg

Friday, June 3, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Just looked at "the Echo" some of the comments are rather nasty, What are "Skates"? do they not like us over there???. I sense a turn of the tide in our favour again, they are getting worried

A couple of my favourites;

As posted earlier:

I hope you post this on the Takeover thread... and who is 'Frattonman'? He's come up with some corkers;

Lets not forget that scummers have a nice little debt to pay of 26m and rising.

and

Well the midfields getting sorted so now we need players upfront who can score maybe Shane Long and Jimmy Kebe.

and it appears his mate 'Scumstomper' is equally afflicted

Well the midfields getting sorted so now we need players upfront who can score maybe Shane Long and Jimmy Kebe.

.... and I really don't think Brian Howard would go there, especially if we're in for him. In fact, why don't we just ask Brian himself?

Btw... who are the mongers on the Echo site writing Howard off?

Oh Phil, why do you do this so now I have to sit here, trying in vain to work it out!

Have we been missing something...? Some ever so slight yet ever so significant detail...?

Thursday 8th July 2010, 7:00am

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/8260131.Cherries__Jackson_linked_with_Russian_bid/

"FORMER Cherries bidder Marc Jackson is linked with the mystery Russian offer to buy Cherries, the Echo can reveal."

"according to documents seen by the Echo, has been instructed by Russian duo Vladimir Antonov and Roman Dubov to purchase the Dean Court club"

"However, Jackson’s apparent involvement only came to light yesterday after the Echo and other media had previously been leaked emails from an agent by the name of Steve Henstridge, claiming to be acting on behalf of Antonov and Dubov’s company Convers Group Holdings."

Wednesday, 1 June 2011, 11:00am;

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/blues_hero_calls_for_player_investment_from_new_owners_1_2729880

"Alan McLoughlin has called for owners Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) to make rebuilding Pompey’s first team an overwhelming priority."

"The group led by Roman Dubov and Vladimir Antonov this morning completed their takeover."

They have been taken over alright. But the biggest question of all is... who by? Who is actually behind this takeover...? Because if i'm not mistaken, Jackson... he's, he's........... One of us, right? Is he THE mystery backer that is being kept from us? :suspicious:

Sh*tmouth taken over by one of us. Too good to be true?

Still.

I wonder how the few would react if anyone ever found out who could really be behind their bid?

What could be the ONLY thing funnier from our side than them being taken over by more dodgy dealers?

What could be the one to knock the Russkies right out of their stride and cause a panic attack of sudden communication and denials?

The truth is out there, just need Mulder or Scully to find it

Monkey chicken petting zoo?

Taken from pompey site

CSI are just the front men.

There is some very big money behind these guys with Middle Eastern Connections (Fahim may or may not be involved). Not sure

Now, I wonder if the fish fiddler that posted that really wants to know the answer? If it's in the Papers it must be true. Surely?

This one made me laugh, same questions just a different club and year

Brock_and_Roll, Brock says...

11:48am Thu 8 Jul 10

OK this is a re-post to avoid the censors!!

Why on earth would these two experienced Russian businessmen wish to:

a) buy AFCB - a club with no assets

b) use Jackson as an intermediary unless they have a photocopier problem

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/8260131.Cherries__Jackson_linked_with_Russian_bid/

Looking forward to seeing the plans for The Monkey Fish Petting Aquarium

When the ruskies said about making plans for the "Arena"...

Are these the plans?

icerink.jpg

I'm no architect and call me Mr Picky, but where's the road that runs behind the Fratton end?

Also, are they really, really going to be able to source a dragon? Think they're raising expectations pretty high with that one- A pompey crowd can be fairly ugly BEFORE they get upset.

Just a minute- where's the KFC and McDonalds? That seals it for me, don't like it. Sorry...

I'm no architect and call me Mr Picky, but where's the road that runs behind the Fratton end?

Also, are they really, really going to be able to source a dragon? Think they're raising expectations pretty high with that one- A pompey crowd can be fairly ugly BEFORE they get upset.

Just a minute- where's the KFC and McDonalds? That seals it for me, don't like it. Sorry...

Plenty of Dragons down your way fella. ;)

Taken from pompey site

CSI are just the front men.

There is some very big money behind these guys with Middle Eastern Connections (Fahim may or may not be involved). Not sure

Speaking to Meridian Tonight, Marc Jackson was asked what his background is and who was behind the consortium to buy Portsmouth Football Club.

He told the programme...

'I was trained by Xerox, many many many years ago. I'm a business strategist, many people say I'm a photocopying salesman, which I always find quite amusing.'

'I actually have been in the past,been heavily involved in the fitting out of Southampton football club stadium. Obviously I have an IT background, sales background, but also I have had involvement at Southampton Academy and scouting for many, many years.'

'To give you an instance I was involved in the scouting of Adam Lallana from Bournemouth sadly, to Southampton.'

'I have many, many contacts in football, I have many contacts abroad as well, in American MLS football as well as in Dubai.'

'So it's a mixture of many many things, all put together with a vision for a football club and we are going to drop the blueprint into here, but all will be revealed.'

When asked if it was his money he was investing in Portsmouth Football Club, Jackson smiled and said...

'It is a consortium'

When pushed on who is in the consortium, he added...

'That is, something that really and honestly will never be answered properly and completely, but the truth of the matter is, there will be answers to that to an extent in next week's press conference.'

Have we been missing something...? Some ever so slight yet ever so significant detail...?

Thursday 8th July 2010, 7:00am

"FORMER Cherries bidder Marc Jackson is linked with the mystery Russian offer to buy Cherries, the Echo can reveal."

"according to documents seen by the Echo, has been instructed by Russian duo Vladimir Antonov and Roman Dubov to purchase the Dean Court club"

"However, Jackson’s apparent involvement only came to light yesterday after the Echo and other media had previously been leaked emails from an agent by the name of Steve Henstridge, claiming to be acting on behalf of Antonov and Dubov’s company Convers Group Holdings."

Wednesday, 1 June 2011, 11:00am;

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/blues_hero_calls_for_player_investment_from_new_owners_1_2729880

"Alan McLoughlin has called for owners Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) to make rebuilding Pompey’s first team an overwhelming priority."

"The group led by Roman Dubov and Vladimir Antonov this morning completed their takeover."

They have been taken over alright. But the biggest question of all is... who by? Who is actually behind this takeover...? Because if i'm not mistaken, Jackson... he's, he's........... One of us, right? Is he THE mystery backer that is being kept from us? :suspicious:

Sh*tmouth taken over by one of us. Too good to be true?

qed.jpg

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Ah so there is all the proof you ever needed - The Echo appear to have deleted the page overnight

PMSL

OK secret googlers - go find a cached version of it to post in it's entirety for posterity!

It's there now.... http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/8260131.Cherries__Jackson_linked_with_Russian_bid/

Cherries: Jackson linked with Russian bid

7:00am Thursday 8th July 2010

FORMER Cherries bidder Marc Jackson is linked with the mystery Russian offer to buy Cherries, the Echo can reveal.

Jackson, who now spells his name Mark, is a director of IBASE Ltd, which, according to documents seen by the Echo, has been instructed by Russian duo Vladimir Antonov and Roman Dubov to purchase the Dean Court club.

However, Jackson’s apparent involvement only came to light yesterday after the Echo and other media had previously been leaked emails from an agent by the name of Steve Henstridge, claiming to be acting on behalf of Antonov and Dubov’s company Convers Group Holdings.

Convers’ bid, understood to have been submitted by Henstridge to the Cherries board via email, was based around a £1.2million offer for the club, but the group’s overall proposal also included buying back Dean Court. It is understood the £6million package would have also boasted a transfer kitty for boss Eddie Howe.

Convers Group’s business portfolio includes the banks Bankas Snoras, Latvijas Krajbanka, Banco Trasatlantico, as well as Dutch car firm Spyker.

The group has taken on sports sponsorship within motorsport, including the Le Mans Endurance Series and Rally Dakar.

Jackson, meanwhile, is best known for his ill-fated attempts to take Cherries out of administration in 2008.

The businessman was initially involved in a consortium, which gained preferred bidder status from administrator Gerald Krasner and was fronted by then chairman Jeff Mostyn.

But relations within the group turned sour at the beginning of April 2008, leaving Mostyn and business partner Steve Sly to go it alone in their bid to regain control at Dean Court.

Jackson, however, emerged just days later fronting a bid from EU UK Limited and was subsequently named preferred bidder by Krasner’s firm Begbies Traynor, alongside EU UK directors John Frost, Ian Mathison, Simon Jordan and Gary Oates.

By the following weekend, however, Jackson and EU UK had apparently split, with Jackson threatening legal action against his former allies.

EU UK’s bid eventually collapsed, with Sport-6, fronted by Alastair Saverimutto and Paul Baker, bringing to an end the protracted takeover saga in July 2008.

The Echo was last night unable to contact Jackson.

Henstridge, however, confirmed he did not work for IBASE and when asked about Jackson’s involvement, added: “Mark is a colleague I have been talking to with regards to some advice. That’s all.

“It’s me fronting the bid. I work for Roman and Vladimir. He is a contact I have used.

“There may be some further developments but I won’t say, at this stage, what they are.”

Cherries chairman Eddie Mitchell, meanwhile, has declined repeated requests from the Echo to comment on the Russian bid.

In a statement, Dubov told the Echo: “Convers Group Holdings, through representatives (IBASE Ltd), have, for the past seven weeks, been attempting to engage with Eddie Mitchell and his board with regard to purchasing AFC Bournemouth and all its assets.

“Three offers have been made varying between a gross sum to buy all the assets and 100 per cent ownership, to an equity investment leaving the current shareholders as partners and protecting their share value.

“Unfortunately, each of these offers has been rejected, as have requests for a meeting to discuss a way forward. Indeed, a planned meeting with the board was cancelled at short notice.

“Therefore, Convers Group, from Wednesday next week if no further progress is made, will have to wish AFC Bournemouth good luck for the coming season and Mr Mitchell every success in the future.”

It's there now.... http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/8260131.Cherries__Jackson_linked_with_Russian_bid/

Cherries: Jackson linked with Russian bid

7:00am Thursday 8th July 2010

FORMER Cherries bidder Marc Jackson is linked with the mystery Russian offer to buy Cherries, the Echo can reveal.

Jackson, who now spells his name Mark, is a director of IBASE Ltd, which, according to documents seen by the Echo, has been instructed by Russian duo Vladimir Antonov and Roman Dubov to purchase the Dean Court club.

However, Jackson’s apparent involvement only came to light yesterday after the Echo and other media had previously been leaked emails from an agent by the name of Steve Henstridge, claiming to be acting on behalf of Antonov and Dubov’s company Convers Group Holdings.

Convers’ bid, understood to have been submitted by Henstridge to the Cherries board via email, was based around a £1.2million offer for the club, but the group’s overall proposal also included buying back Dean Court. It is understood the £6million package would have also boasted a transfer kitty for boss Eddie Howe.

Convers Group’s business portfolio includes the banks Bankas Snoras, Latvijas Krajbanka, Banco Trasatlantico, as well as Dutch car firm Spyker.

The group has taken on sports sponsorship within motorsport, including the Le Mans Endurance Series and Rally Dakar.

Jackson, meanwhile, is best known for his ill-fated attempts to take Cherries out of administration in 2008.

The businessman was initially involved in a consortium, which gained preferred bidder status from administrator Gerald Krasner and was fronted by then chairman Jeff Mostyn.

But relations within the group turned sour at the beginning of April 2008, leaving Mostyn and business partner Steve Sly to go it alone in their bid to regain control at Dean Court.

Jackson, however, emerged just days later fronting a bid from EU UK Limited and was subsequently named preferred bidder by Krasner’s firm Begbies Traynor, alongside EU UK directors John Frost, Ian Mathison, Simon Jordan and Gary Oates.

By the following weekend, however, Jackson and EU UK had apparently split, with Jackson threatening legal action against his former allies.

EU UK’s bid eventually collapsed, with Sport-6, fronted by Alastair Saverimutto and Paul Baker, bringing to an end the protracted takeover saga in July 2008.

The Echo was last night unable to contact Jackson.

Henstridge, however, confirmed he did not work for IBASE and when asked about Jackson’s involvement, added: “Mark is a colleague I have been talking to with regards to some advice. That’s all.

“It’s me fronting the bid. I work for Roman and Vladimir. He is a contact I have used.

“There may be some further developments but I won’t say, at this stage, what they are.”

Cherries chairman Eddie Mitchell, meanwhile, has declined repeated requests from the Echo to comment on the Russian bid.

In a statement, Dubov told the Echo: “Convers Group Holdings, through representatives (IBASE Ltd), have, for the past seven weeks, been attempting to engage with Eddie Mitchell and his board with regard to purchasing AFC Bournemouth and all its assets.

“Three offers have been made varying between a gross sum to buy all the assets and 100 per cent ownership, to an equity investment leaving the current shareholders as partners and protecting their share value.

“Unfortunately, each of these offers has been rejected, as have requests for a meeting to discuss a way forward. Indeed, a planned meeting with the board was cancelled at short notice.

“Therefore, Convers Group, from Wednesday next week if no further progress is made, will have to wish AFC Bournemouth good luck for the coming season and Mr Mitchell every success in the future.”

Hang on a sec... I posted this yesterday?

Speaking to Meridian Tonight, Marc Jackson was asked what his background is and who was behind the consortium to buy Portsmouth Football Club.'[/i]

I'm sure I remember all that waffle from some time ago: I remember thinking it was bull***t at the time as well.

Wow a thread about poopey's takeover. You know what I have been here for goodness knows how many years and I never new this existed. :) Lol

one day I will show this to my kids and we wil rejoice in it's words. (In-fact I will contact the church of england to add it to the bible as a new gospel after all it does mean good news)

Edited by JonnyLove
crap typing ability

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})