Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

There is a fans 'conference' meeting with Lampitt scheduled for this Wednesday.

Perhaps it was he that represented PFC at the League AGM alone,without Dubov.

Maybe they could only afford 1 ticket so sent Lumpit as he would look more (eh hem) respectable in front of proper businessmen?

well here is my confession - no joke, this is for real!

I recently stumbled across John W******d....

I thought it only polite to mention the subject of football - he wasn'ty too worried about my roots, he said he knows loads of scummers.

Rather refreshingly I got more sense out of him that your average pompey supporter.

No excitement about new owners, big spending sprees or any of that gloating denial rubbish.

He just wants to watch pompey, and he doesn't care what division they are in.

We also agreed that life outside of the top flight for both clubs hasn't been the end of the world (!).

So when I next meet a dim skate who starts on about new stadiums, 4-1 etc, I can honestly say that I've heard more sense from a CWAB who wears clown shoes and a big hat.

Yes, surprisingly, he is actually quite literate and moderately intelligent despite the god-awful image he portrays on match days.

For a skate.

... as an aside, I see the football league have EXPELLED Rushden and Diamonds from the Conference for financial reasons... I would hazzard a guess they are skint, but do they owe anyone £120 mil? - Seems a tad harsh, given the Football league's attitude recently - I think I get it now; If you have a BIG debt of a squillion pounds, you must be a big club and deserve being treated will sympathy, if you are a small club owing a few quid, no one gives a **** about so **** em? Or am I missing something?

... as an aside' date=' I see the football league have EXPELLED Rushden and Diamonds from the Conference for financial reasons... I would hazzard a guess they are skint, but do they owe anyone £120 mil? - Seems a tad harsh, given the Football league's attitude recently - I think I get it now; If you have a BIG debt of a squillion pounds, you must be a big club and deserve being treated will sympathy, if you are a small club owing a few quid, no one gives a **** about so **** em? Or am I missing something?[/quote']

No. Look what happened to Salisbury last year. The conference take a really hard-line on any financial failings (not even deliberate ones). The FL are a bunch of mealy-mouthed hypocrites who have always talked the talk, going back way before Poopey took it to a new level. The Prem are just the same guys in posher suits. (Likewise FIFA in even posher suits.) Money breeds corruption and a desire not to rock the gravy-boat, I'm afraid. Until Sky eats itself it will never be any different.

If I were Poopey I'd be hoping Storrie-teller's indiscretions don't get them demoted to the Coinference.

perhaps the new owners were just unable to make the FL meeting, they are busy running their multi-million pound businesses that will bankroll the club.

If protection money isn't paid, those crackhouse brothel owners won't torture themselves - 'business' requires dedication and that takes time.

Or could it be that they have seen the comical yet professionally negligent headline on the current Sports Mail that says Build it and the Blues Fans will Come.

They must be in meetings with international construction companies to get the arena upgraded into a Superdome without delay, to squeeze in the 50,000 of the bestest that were locked out every other week last season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002635/Tal-Ben-Haim-sue-Portsmouth-1-4m-unpaid-wages.html

Please stop, my sides are hurting, can't take much more. Potential transfer embargo looms......

So thats £1.4m for TBH, £1m to spuds for Begovic, £700k still owed to Sol -that lot should more than account for the transfer kitty. :lol::lol::lol:

What a bargain those ruskies have bought.

the Ben Haim problem isn't a new one, though it is a serious issue.

The Russians bought the club with this ongoing so they should just pay him and move on.

None of us on here did due diligence but we all knew he was unpaid, so if they say it's news to them they are idiots who have just set sail into a sea of sh1t - without a boat.

Did Chanrai forget to mention the court cases and the CVA as well?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002635/Tal-Ben-Haim-sue-Portsmouth-1-4m-unpaid-wages.html

Please stop, my sides are hurting, can't take much more. Potential transfer embargo looms......

Lol. Who said this thread should be closed? Maybe it should be re-named to Pompey Saga instead? Or Skatenation Street?

Daily episodes to entertain us and rarely let down. Haha

Actually if his hearing is not until next month there will be no transfer embargo until then. But they got round the embargo last time by not having a complete squad so another embargo will again be completely pointless and will mean that they have yet again gone unpunished for something that all other clubs would have taken on the chin.

:rolleyes:I think it only fair that Saints offer some of our squad players on loan to our neighbours...;)

Surely that is what friends are for..:p

Is it true there is a man walking around Fratton Park with a placard stating . The end of the world is nigh?

Edited by ottery st mary

I'm in 2 monds about a possible transfer embargo.

On one hand, if they can't sign anyone they won't be able to field a team and so won't get the 'golen share' - i.e. no Skates in the division.

On the other hand, it would be great if they were only allowed to sign frees who would be paid less than 1k per week. That would give them an epic squad and us a fun-filled season seeing them bottom of the league throughout it.

Of course, we all know this is just dramland and that really they will be allowed to sign whoever they want at whatever crazily high wages they demand.

Ben Haim being measured for concrete boots as we debate. Allegedly. Transfer embargos don't work at Pompey anyway, they are just on paper and they are allowed to do what they want fully sanctioned by the football authorities via Lampitt. Allegedly.

The issue this time around is that they have no more to let go, to dip the numbers, and then replace with better loan players. Plus they can only have 6 loans on which 5 can play. That still won't give them a playing squad.

They need to sign frees but to do that they need to offer big wages and there are plenty of other clubs, with better facilities and prospects, that can do that.

Norris not yet signing is evidence that Coterill talks the talks but doesn't walk the walk.

Ben Haim being measured for concrete boots as we debate. Allegedly. Transfer embargos don't work at Pompey anyway, they are just on paper and they are allowed to do what they want fully sanctioned by the football authorities via Lampitt. Allegedly.

The embargo will be as much use as a chocolate tea pot as like before they will be short of the amount of players to field a team and the league will rubber stamp their signings despite the embargo.

I think last time they royally took the P and signed 20k per week players while in the embargo. It would be good if any future embargo comes with caveats that only allow to draft in players from lower leagues or on restricted wages or something.

Putting an embargo in place that let's a team outbid championship winners just doesn't seem worth it at all.

Anyone associated with the 3 relegated sides, Preston, Sheff Utd and Scunny, must be so angry about this.

They don't pay T B Haim 1.4 m in wages yet hand out lucrative new contracts to compete in the Championship and finish mid table.

More blatant cheating, surely time for a stewards? They must have some serious sh!t on someone to get away with this stuff...

if I hadn't seen them dodge these rules before I would assume that the mix of an embargo and the FL monitoring their spending would prevent them from outbidding richer clubs.

But with the blatant cheating that accompanied the last embargo I fully expect them to ignore the latest court action, deny knowledge of the debt, run roughshod over the authorities and assemble yet another team they cannot afford to run.

In fact their new owners have even more clout in certain circles than the previous ones, so the FL better watch their backs if they try and impose any sanctions at all on these fit and proper people.

The authorities welcomed them to their league with open arms, so they can't moan if they find their family pets sawn in half on the living room carpet.

Lol. Who said this thread should be closed? Maybe it should be re-named to Pompey Saga instead? Or Skatenation Street?

Daily episodes to entertain us and rarely let down. Haha

Anihilation Skate

East Lenders

Everfail

Crookside (showing my age!)

Hollyjokes

Shiithole and Away

I don't actually watch any soaps but I'd tune in to this as a comedy!

If they do get an embargo again for the Ben Haim case, they should stop releasing youth players and be forced to use 16/17/18/19 year olds to make up the numbers in their squad along with the eight players they already have.

Steve Cotterill came out with the rubbish last season that it harms the integrity of the competition if they aren't allowed a bigger squad and that the youth players he released aren't good enough. It matters not if they are good enough, they should be used whether it leads to an unsuccessful season or not. What impacts on the integrity of the competition is teams having leeway in the transfer market that they shouldn't.

I wouldn't mind betting the embargo is already in place. You don't wait six months before complaining about not being paid.

The news last week said on three separate occassions that the norris deal was done and was just waiting for the league to ratify it...... that takes about half a second and they can get through a couple of hundred a day, not quite sure why it's taken over a week and still not resolved....unless there is an embargo of course..

If they do get an embargo again for the Ben Haim case, they should stop releasing youth players and be forced to use 16/17/18/19 year olds to make up the numbers in their squad along with the eight players they already have.

Steve Cotterill came out with the rubbish last season that it harms the integrity of the competition if they aren't allowed a bigger squad and that the youth players he released aren't good enough. It matters not if they are good enough, they should be used whether it leads to an unsuccessful season or not. What impacts on the integrity of the competition is teams having leeway in the transfer market that they shouldn't.

Integrity and Football League are currently poor bed partners in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind betting the embargo is already in place. You don't wait six months before complaining about not being paid.

The news last week said on three separate occassions that the norris deal was done and was just waiting for the league to ratify it...... that takes about half a second and they can get through a couple of hundred a day, not quite sure why it's taken over a week and still not resolved....unless there is an embargo of course..

TBH situation is simple, he sees that VA's Russian money is coming in and wants his hands on it now. Not sure why he'd wait so long unless Baloo has fobbed him off with stories, cheque is in the post, bank error etc for 6 months.

Norris deal is also simple......bullcrap to sell season tickets.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})