Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Got it in one.

Billy Davies will be the prime candidate should Cotterill leave.

It would be comedy gold if they appointed Burley. Can't wait to see Liam Lawrence playing at right back

Billy will be a major hit down in Skatesville.......seeing as he didn't even move to the Midlands when manager of Derby or Forest. He continued to live in Scotland from Monday to Friday, flying down for the weekends.

Welcome to page 800 too.

I just dont think some Skates get it, this was posted on one of their forums, followed by "I agree" from others.

"I think Pompey should appear to be a more exciting prospect than Birmingham at this moment in time. We have just been taken over by a company who seem to be in it for the long haul and want success, and essentially we are starting from scrap, which gives any manager the opportunity to create a name for themselves by creating success and a legacy (so to speak) which will be (largely) down to them.

No offense to Birmingham, but they have just been relegated, and even though they have just been in the prem, history shows that never guarantees immediate returns. If SC stays he will have free control to finally build his own team with far less restrictions, and the backing of (most) fans."

Brum have a full squad, are in Europe are not committed to a CVA, but Skates are a "better prospect"

"far less restrictions" at Pompey, what are they on?

i am sure their new owners want success - who doesn't! But as they have not even had a press conference or bought a player think its bit early to judge, isn't it?

According to Phil Hall,the CSI representative,there will be no press conference this week and there is a meeting to be held by the League reference Ben Haim and a embargo is highly likely.

Source....from Neil Allen chief sports writer for the Portsmouth 'The News' and his colleague Emma Judd.

Oh, and Phill Hall was the spokesman for Gaydamak, Ali Al Faraj, Chainrai and now CSI.

He used to work for the News of the World.

Edited by saint lard

According to Phil Hall,the CSI representative,there will be no press conference this week and there is a meeting to be held by the League reference Ben Haim and a embargo is highly likely.

Source....from Neil Allen chief sports writer for the Portsmouth 'The News' and his colleague Emma Judd.

And pointless gesture of the off season goes to.......

They will be allowed to sign players because of there limited numbers, so as like last year, an embargo would be f*****g pointless.

but the FA still has to ratify signings. I am not sure how that works but I guess that they have to show how they are going to finance it. Do the CSI guys understand what they have bought?

Oh, and Phill Hall was the spokesman for Gaydamak, Ali Al Faraj, Chainrai and now CSI.

He used to work for the News of the World.

He was the editor of the NOW. Big hitter who probably doesn't come cheap...Why would they need a person who knows most of the powerful people on Fleet St I wonder?!

From their Face Book page...

Convers Sport Initiatives

Well, we working on that one, but cannot say more then that at the moment. It might have damaging effect and we all dont need that.

I'm not sure whether that comment relates to the press conference, losing a manager or not signing players though...

They still managed to sign players on £20,000 a week plus last year.

Well even in the midst of their financial woes, in 2009 when Hart was in charge they signed a load of crap on stupid wages (Danny Webber etc). Hart apparently profited personally from a lot of those signings.

Then again it seems he is a man in football only for the money. Just look at what he's done after the Skates. QPR for a month, earning a nice wage I imagine, Palace for a month or so, Swindon for nearly two months and now back doing what he started out doing in coaching, head of youth development or whatever at Charlton.

get in there Lampitt, this looks like a pompey type of signing -

Everton could let Yakubu go for a fee of £2m.

However, the player's wages of between £35,000 and £40,000 are the stumbling block

Re Nugent, I could see him running down his contract as the club was heading for the rocks but things have changed, we're told there is a brave new era and an arena is around the corner....

Why would you not hold onto your top scorer if you have rich new owners?

apparently cotterill was out on the pull the other night to celebrate the bright new era. He promised this girl he would take her home and have her in the lounge, the kitchen and the bedroom, and she thought he must have stamina. She wasn't too pleased when they got back to his caravan though.

They won't be counting Tallack and Stockford in their numbers, and those 2 won't count towards the 20 Quota, being first year graduates (like Ellis Martin, Perry Ryan etc last yr).

Ben Haim won't play.

Nugent and Hreidarsson are out of contract in a few days. Nugent won't stay, and it's unclear on Herman, so that leaves:

GK

Ashdown

DF

Mokoena

Rocha

MF

Mullins

Lawrence

Ward

FW

Kitson

Kanu (just retired from international, rumoured he would be retiring for good to concentrate on his charity, but since denied)

Well the good news for the few (which now describes both fans and players) is that, with the recent abolition of mandatory retirement at 65, Kanu can safely stay on until the end of his contract.

Billy Davies and O'Neil dream team to Pompey..............

kinell no. That **** in oversized shirts nearly moaned us all to death last season, I don't think I could cope with him moaning every two and half minutes about how lucky we are and how hard done by they are.

"I think Pompey should appear to be a more exciting prospect than Birmingham at this moment in time. We have just been taken over by a company who seem to be in it for the long haul and want success, and essentially we are starting from scrap, which gives any manager the opportunity to create a name for themselves by creating success and a legacy (so to speak) which will be (largely) down to them.

He got something right though

Except he spelt "crap" wrong.

Someone will go for the money. It'll make no sense, no-one will know where the money came from, no-one will question the russian mafia, but the whole thing will keep dragging along.

So basically some greedy, fame hungry tit with no morals will go there.

Avram-Grant-005.jpg

Except he spelt "crap" wrong.

No he had a lisp!! lol :D

Re Nugent, I could see him running down his contract as the club was heading for the rocks but things have changed, we're told there is a brave new era and an arena is around the corner....

Why would you not hold onto your top scorer if you have rich new owners?

When ML and NC hopped off the bus and into the building, they swiftly sorted out a fresh deal for Super KD - I dont see any reason why the Russians cant do the same with their top scorer.

Some fantastic comedy on CSIs official communication platform... Facebook!...

So Dubov has been picking out his new poopey shirt (Al-Fahim stylee) in the shop with Limpitt, no need to address the £1.4m back pay to Ben Haim though!

The relegated teams must be pig sick, pompey have duck out on one and a half mil out of their wage budget, to blow on other journeymen that could have given them a competitive advantage - its like our FA cup match all over again, just with far more serious ramifications for the clubs they have shafted out of the NPC.

Still, the Skates are doing a great job of putting the 1.4m problem in as many publically viewable places as possible for the world to see, which should benefit the discussion at the embargo hearing.

The best snippet from the CSI moderator as to why things arent happening... "But Vlademir is ill so we have to give him time." ... Aww bless the little russian mafioso, hes got the sniffles! I guess that means that the Saab production line has to stop again, Ben Haim cant be paid and Nugents future will be put on hold until the lemsip kicks in.

Hilarious.

Heres a gem from one of the social media beggers:

"Why are fans panicking, you don't go and purchase a failing football club in order to watch it continue to fail. Plans for our club would have been put in place before first contact of interest in PFC was made."

Im not so sure you silly skate bastard!

A Skate just remarked on Twitter how he hopes they get AFC Wimbledon in the Carling Cup and thrash them, as he's sick of their media love in.

Sorry but given that Wimbledon fans had their club taken away from them and did all they could to keep it, yet Portsmouth cheated the taxpayer, put a lot of people out of business and still have a club and a place in the Football League, is that not a bit of a stupid thing to say?

Stupid bastards.

The best snippet from the CSI moderator as to why things arent happening... "But Vlademir is ill so we have to give him time." ... Aww bless the little russian mafioso, hes got the sniffles! I guess that means that the Saab production line has to stop again, Ben Haim cant be paid and Nugents future will be put on hold until the lemsip kicks in.

Did they say whether this illness was mental or physical? ;)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/blues_allay_fears_of_transfer_embargo_1_2770273

He rubbished those claims and promised Steve Cotterill can bring in players to boost his squad as normal.

Midfielder David Norris is close to being announced as a Pompey signing after his release from Ipswich

Doh.

Well if I am honest, I havent got a ******* clue what is going on down there and what the russians are or arent up to. What I do know is that someone has to find an additional 5 million quid on top of their budget, for Ben Haim alone. There is no embargo in place, yet they cant get the Norris deal over the line. The have 8 players and the manager can sign players as normal....... but they still only have 8 players. The sports mad russians, couldnt make it to the FL conference and have chosen the same PR man as the three previous owners, to break the news, that there is no press conference.

On paper this thread was coming to end, in reality this latest takeover has the potential to see us all off with laughter. I haven't met any russian comics before, but these lot are winning me over big time.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/blues_allay_fears_of_transfer_embargo_1_2770273

He rubbished those claims and promised Steve Cotterill can bring in players to boost his squad as normal.

Midfielder David Norris is close to being announced as a Pompey signing after his release from Ipswich

Doh.

Well if I am honest, I havent got a ******* clue what is going on down there and what the russians are or arent up to. What I do know is that someone has to find an additional 5 million quid on top of their budget, for Ben Haim alone. There is no embargo in place, yet they cant get the Norris deal over the line. The have 8 players and the manager can sign players as normal....... but they still only have 8 players. The sports mad russians, couldnt make it to the FL conference and have chosen the same PR man as the three previous owners, to break the news, that there is no press conference.

On paper this thread was coming to end, in reality this latest takeover has the potential to see us all off with laughter. I haven't met any russian comics before, but these lot are winning me over big time.

All the chat coming out from them is going to be as positive as they can make it so its hard to know how much of it is true. What we do know is that TBH is taking the club for unpaid wages and he has been speaking to the PFA regarding it. I dont think they would back him if he didnt have a case so I cant understand how Lumpit thinks they have a case against. TBH returned from Loan and the club refused to play him.

Its a shame the hearing is not till the end of next month though as the bit in between does give them time to at least try and get some players in before the FL impose another pointless embargo.

Still, storries like this keep coming as the comedy of pompey rolls on. lol

REAL NEWS by the NEWS (& arry stotle)............ SC is here not going anywhere. Nugent hopefully leaving with Kitson. Hoggs Hughes Halford Heids and about 10 others joining. TBH no embargo and he gone thank goodness. and stadium upgraded, 5,000 new seats and box seats etc and better facilities etc during next 2 close seasons etc, all good. relax

LOLz. It's the hope that'll kill 'em...

Doh.

All clubs hold back signing players until as late as possible so the parent clubs carry on paying the players wages.

They will unveil a lot of new players so I'd hld back from celebrating as yet. Pompey have had more lives than a cattery.

They have plenty of time for us to use sick bags

"Why are fans panicking, you don't go and purchase a failing football club in order to watch it continue to fail. Plans for our club would have been put in place before first contact of interest in PFC was made."

Im not so sure you silly skate bastard!

ha ha ha, if there was a like button I'd click it! FFS, who buys a club and doesn't hold a press conference until they've got their plans in place. I'd hope to have a plan before I bought the club. PMSL

ha ha ha, if there was a like button I'd click it! FFS, who buys a club and doesn't hold a press conference until they've got their plans in place. I'd hope to have a plan before I bought the club. PMSL

Well, they've probably had plans in place since trawling the lower leagues looking for a cheap football club to buy ... just suspect those plans may not have a lot to do with football though.

Nobody in their right mind would be interested in the likes of Bompey and P*mpey and all their debts if they wanted to acquire a successful and profitable football club. Plenty of more likely targets they could have gone for.

Why do the skates always seem to attract new "owners" of doubtful integrity and who never seem to want to appear in public? At least there is some evidence to suggest the latest ones do actually exist ... so bonus points to the FL for getting that part of the FAPPT right for once!

Pompey have delivered a ‘hands off’ warning over Steve Cotterill in the wake of intense talk over the manager’s future.

The Blues insist they have not received an approach from Birmingham following speculation the midlanders were keen to take Cotterill to St Andrew’s.

And chief executive David Lampitt vowed there were no plans for the 46-year-old to leave after another dramatic day at Fratton Park.

Wow there, one moment.....so the only thing missing from this dramatic day was in fact....drama.

The club insist that Birmingham hasn't made an approach, Birmingham don't even have him on their radar.

So no club has attempted to speak to Cotterill.

No one wants him.

But Lampitt has issued a hands off warning to make sure that the bloke that no one else wants, goes nowhere....well done.

This is like a really poor day at Max Clifford's office where blatant spin doesn't even have enough legs to create one plausible story.

What next, Nugent told he has no pompey future, as he heads past jct 32 of the M6 at

100mph?

Lampitt hits out at Ben Haim's relaxed attitude to wage collection?

They do treat the few like idiots, and they can't all be that stupid.....

Post no. 40000!

Technically as we start on 1 and not 0 I managed to get it but I'm not fussy ;)

40000 posts in and they've just been taken over by the Russian Mafia. This is going to run and run and run, probably until the bubble of English football finally goes pop.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})