Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Any talk about rivalry merely plays I to their hands and takes the focus away from the detriment to football of their continued dodgy dealings.

I wish I had read that before Saturday night. My skate associates gave me the old "1-4 in your own backyard" after I suggested that we'll destroy them home and away this coming season. I was then laughed out of town when I suggested that they had cheated. Too many beers at the Cricket left me exposed. Grrrr.

A big win at **** park this season, followed by their relegation, would shut them up I guess.

If he does decide to go to Cheats FC then you would have to question his motives with a Premier League offer on the table. But nobody will question his motives, because no one has the balls. I see parallels with Qatar > FIFA and Pompey > Football League. Its just a horror story of cheating, cover ups, denial and brown envelopes.

I see parallels with Qatar > FIFA and Pompey > Football League. Its just a horror story of cheating, cover ups, denial and brown envelopes.

Spot on, but like the Qatar debacle, nothing will be proven and nothing will be done about it.

If he does decide to go to Cheats FC then you would have to question his motives with a Premier League offer on the table. But nobody will question his motives, because no one has the balls. I see parallels with Qatar > FIFA and Pompey > Football League. Its just a horror story of cheating, cover ups, denial and brown envelopes.

I was going to mention that in some circles it may be viewed as a lack of ambition but, as brightspark points out, prostituting ones self to the highest bidder will always be the way that scumpey get their man.

I wish I had read that before Saturday night. My skate associates gave me the old "1-4 in your own backyard" after I suggested that we'll destroy them home and away this coming season. I was then laughed out of town when I suggested that they had cheated. Too many beers at the Cricket left me exposed. Grrrr.

A big win at **** park this season, followed by their relegation, would shut them up I guess.

You must have been mullered not to have countered their taunting about beating us 1-4 in our backyard with the riposte that they were a team two divisions above us and with the England Keeper between their sticks. The next time you discuss it with them, you can point out that at least this time we will be in the same division.

If he does decide to go to Cheats FC then you would have to question his motives with a Premier League offer on the table. But nobody will question his motives, because no one has the balls.

I was going to mention that in some circles it may be viewed as a lack of ambition but, as brightspark points out, prostituting ones self to the highest bidder will always be the way that scumpey get their man.

He is a Liverpool player going on loan to Pompey or Wolves. He will get paid the same amount (his Liverpool wage) whichever club he goes to, with Liverpool making up the difference if needed. He may prefer Pompey because he might get more game time.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Wanted - over-the-hill footballers!

If your career appears over, we can find you a final payday! - inflated contracts of two or even three years can be yours!

Just go to Steve Cotterill's WeBuyAnyPlayer.com and you will be offered more cash than you are worth, it's as easy as taking money from stupid creditors and disabled children!

Some deals are so lengthy you are likely to be retired before they finish coughing up cash, and remember, this money is totally clean by the time it gets to you whether through Image Rights or good old brown envelopes!

There's none of that nasty arms dealing, limbless children or organised crime guilt with these wages!

Perhaps your recent form hasnt really lived up to expectations, on your last legs? -maybe you're regarded as a failure at your current club?

Well come on down to the Fratton Arena where they make the Portsea donkey sanctuary look like heartless ba$tards!

No more abuse from your own fans, where you're going there's not enough of them to bother you!

Get the sea air, double your wages, meet people with more digits than you thought possible - and if it all goes t1ts up, the football creditor rule will guarantee your pension fund is paid in full!

So waste no time, contact Cotterill and Lampitt today - they will pay you whatever you fancy, just name your price, and they'll double it!

They have a ludicrous wage offer with your name on it, and the good old signing on bung that's big enough to choke a horse.

Just see what our customers say -

I couldn't believe what they offered me, I only had to sit on the bench occasionally, and the cheques just kept coming every month.

No one seemed bothered that I had been retired for two years, and I only went there in the first place to buy a practical joke for my mate.

Antti N.

The money is fantastic, or at least it will be when I see it.

Tal BH

I was at a low point, no one wanted me, and then this offer came out of the blue.

I thought it was a wind-up at first - but here I am, living the dream, dressed as a footballer, they even let me run out with the proper players.

Dave K.

So don't delay, if you've been turned down by 91 football league clubs, remember that there's the last chance saloon where any players are welcomed and at crazy prices, top prices even paid for MOT failures!

conditions.

some of your pay may be stolen from local charities, you may have to await the outcome of court proceedings before getting fully paid, the taxman will despise you, you may be asked to take part in some football matches occasionally - and if you cross the owners they may shoot you in the face.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Guy I used to work with coached him as a youth. He used to hang out with the Terry bros and Jody Morris, but was rated as 'slightly less intelligent'. Curbs thought he was an arrogant little tw*t.

He should fit in well down there...

I wasnt talking about your club to be fair. I was on about your owners who seem to have a dodgy story attached to most things they are doing.

I have no doubt that your lot will ultimatly be OK. It might take another set of owners to get there mind but all the thame you will be all rite

It's the hope that will kill them.

Excellent job!

Mitchell confirms skates bid for pearce but bid far too low due to half fee going to sell on clause - back to skates!

if they don't get him will say something as they want him and can get him for half the price of any other club

Mitchell confirms skates bid for pearce but bid far too low due to half fee going to sell on clause - back to skates!

if they don't get him will say something as they want him and can get him for half the price of any other club

But - would the skates actually pay themselves the half they would owe themselves? Or would it be just Xp in the £?!

This is how to organise your pre-season. Take note, Nicola.

I particularly liked these bits:

"The game against Charleston Battery, a USL Pro side, is the highlight of Pompey’s pre-season tour of the United States ... In recent years the Battery have hosted Jamaican Premier League side Village United and last July lost 2-0 in an international exhibition game against Premier League Bolton in front of a sell-out crowd of 5,249."

They'll certainly feel at home :)

The Court Case continues;

Court 7 - sitting at 09:30 AM

BEFORE: HIS HONOUR JUDGE TESTAR

Trial (Part Heard)

T20107431 MANDARIC Milan

48C23003310

Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981 - LINKED TO:

T20097808 STORRIE Peter

48C23015506

Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981 - LINKED TO:

T20107415 STORRIE Peter

48C60134910

Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981

They'll certainly feel at home :)

Maybe not.... :)

Blues boss Cotterill said: “We’re really looking forward to meeting the people of Charleston and know that their hospitality will be top class, while I’m told the training facilities and pitch are magnificent.

Meanwhile ....................................

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/defender_u_turn_over_pompey_future_1_2791941

Despite transfer speculation, the South Africa international has promised Blues fans he remains committed to the club.

Mokoena has been linked with a switch away from Fratton Park this summer.

That was in light of comments in the media made by adviser Dietmar Wendorff at the end of last week.

Wendorff revealed he had been asked by Mokoena to help find him a new club.

Yet, speaking to The News, the German-based agent is adamant the former Blackburn defender is not desperate to quit the south coast.

He insists the 30-year-old intends to return to pre-season training on July 1.

However, Mokoena – one of nine players contracted for next season– is concerned over his part in Steve Cotterill’s plans.

And ultimately that will influence the defender’s future.

Wendorff said: ‘Aaron does not want to leave Portsmouth.He loves playing for the club and has never said anything bad about them to me.

‘It is just that he has been sitting on the bench and, as a professional, he is not happy with that. Nobody wants to do that.

‘He has enjoyed being at the club, very much so, but that was when he was playing regularly.

‘That is all he wants to do – play.

‘A number of people are coming to me asking about his availability because I am in direct contact with him.

‘That doesn’t mean he will be leaving.

‘I think it is 50/50 whether he will go this summer.

‘If he stays he will be giving 100 per cent. He remains 100-per-cent committed to the club.

‘He is a very kind and hard-working person and will continue to fight for Portsmouth. I can promise the fans that.’

Mokoena, who was yesterday unavailable for comment, was a regular in Cotterill’s side until work visa complications saw him lose his spot in February.

Ricardo Rocha made the most of a recall in his absence, striking up an outstanding understanding with Greg Halford in the heart of Pompey’s defence.

Mokoena would start just one of Pompey’s next 12 matches.

He was restored to the side for the final four matches of the campaign while Rocha was suspended.

But he fears for his place next season.

Wendorff added: ‘There has been interest from Turkey, Qatar, Russia and Dubai.

‘Clubs are calling and sometimes you don’t hear from them again. But they are looking at him.

‘It is normal to think about moving clubs when you are sitting on the bench.

‘Anybody would be upset about it. He wants to fight and play football.’

n Pompey’s Carling Cup first round tie against Barnet will be played at Fratton Park on Tuesday, August 9 (7.45pm)

But - would the skates actually pay themselves the half they would owe themselves? Or would it be just Xp in the £?!

I think Nottarf would go into meltdown as they tried to resolve the inner conflict this would cause.

I'm surprised some didn't ask what electricity is.

Anyway, the training ground owners are going to go spare when they hear that we've been developing their property!

Doesn't beat that bloke the other day who seriously suggested that we give away 12,500 tickets for every home game.

I'm starting to wonder if a significant number of the few are a little bit 'special'.......tis certainly a club for local people.

"I heard it from someone who oversee's the supply of the electricity there"

What a source that is! :D

It is a well known fact that to oversee somebody's supply of Electricity, you have to inspect ownership documents of those you supply electricity to, I remember vividly the meter reader from Southern Electricity demanding to see my deeds to the house I live in. :lol:

This is what gets me so fecking annoyed with the skates,a trivial matter i know,but.........

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=354208

Why, a thread started by a poster by the name of (wait for it) 'thetomatokid'...! and you give it enough creedance to get wound up by it - I really would not waste the energy. Some people are just so ****in mongish - I heard it from the fukin electricity man - right yeah. Geeze, read some of the other threads on there, it is a childs playground - the average age of contributors is probably between 11 - 14 years of age. Why the **** get wound up over an 11 year old kid ffs.

Why, a thread started by a poster by the name of (wait for it) 'thetomatokid'...! and you give it enough creedance to get wound up by it - I really would not waste the energy. Some people are just so ****in mongish - I heard it from the fukin electricity man - right yeah. Geeze, read some of the other threads on there, it is a childs playground - the average age of contributors is probably between 11 - 14 years of age. Why the **** get wound up over an 11 year old kid ffs.

Er no.

The average age on there is about 35 I believe.

Trouble is, being a bunch of thick skates, they just sound like 11 - 14 year olds :D

The big question that the skates should be asking is " what are the restrictions on squad numbers and transfer fees while the CVA is still outstanding ?".

I would hope that the FL haven't forgotten about the CVA in all the excitement of yet another bunch of owners have passed the Fit and Proper Test.

Instead, they seem to be more worried about the amount of money that the Russians are going to divert from SAAB to build their superteam.

8K? - I think I'd have kept those figures quiet.

So based on about 16K gates, a quick bit of rough maths would suggest their likely turnover from gate money and season tickets is going to work out at about £150K a week.

Three of their players currently take half of that......

Ben Haim currently requires more than half of their season ticket income to cover his weekly wage - equivalent to Saints paying Forecast approx £85K a week, just to watch games.

Any pompey fan who has renewed at £499 will be paying nearly £300 of that to Ben Haim.

The TV money and sponsorship will finance most other areas of the club but the wages to income levels looks very fragile - with low gates they could be heading for another season of 90% of turnover going on wages - time for the Russians to splash the cash, just to stand still!

Our income is likely to be approx 50% higher than theirs, so presuming we do okay and gates hold up, Cortese's business model looks a little more sturdy.

I've been generous to them on the figures and tough on ours so the gulf could in reality be massive - like double the gate receipts.

Feel free to correct me with your own calculations. :)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/ticket_sales_down_despite_amazing_show_of_commitment_1_2794408

Looks like they are going to get 8,000 season ticket sales... fantastic and unique supporter base indeed.

Does that number include the number where ther were going to take out his cost of season ticket 3 times as per a previous post

Does the 8000 season tickets include those who have been charged for four tickets when they only bought one. If so have they only sold 2000 or is that being a little hopeful

Good point!!....think i might raise that in the comments section.

Assuming they have sold 1000 to kids and 1500 to seniors/young people and the remainder to adults that comes to just under £3.3m of guaranteed income. Remind me again what their approx outgoings are each month?

Don't think that will last long...;)

Another gem................... Talk about bigging yourself up

SOS Pompey!

The time for action is at an end…

SOS Pompey started as a pressure group with the main focus on gaining transparency regarding the ownership of Portsmouth Football Club.

Following the successful protest march in February 2010, SOS became the first football supporter protest group to gain access to the top men at the Premier League, helping to shape the Fit and Proper Persons Test for football directors, which all clubs now have to follow.

Our single aim was to see that Pompey passed into the hands of owners that were fit to run our great football club.

With the new owners, Convers Sports Initiatives in place, SOS believe the time is right for us to step down, in the hope that the ownership run the club the way it should be,

We are rightly proud of our efforts, and also that one of our members has gone on to be one of the main instigators in the new Supporters Conference.

SOS Pompey looks forward to an extended period of stability and financial sense from the new owners, and hope that our efforts are not needed again.

We would like to thank all those Pompey supporters and indeed fans of other clubs who got involved with the SOS Pompey campaign.

Play Up Pompey

Ends

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})