Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Its slowed down but it has slowed down in the past only to re-ignite just when we thought it was all over.

Money must be coming in to buy players but so far it seems the club are mainly being linked with players left right and centre rather than signing players left right and centre. It could be a bit of a bluff to keep the few happy or it could be genuine.

They must have a business plan that considers all the implications that could go wrong, like the court cases, CVA, TBH wages, Lack of squad and the ground needing a refit. There is also Gaydamak to consider, is he out of the picture now or does he still own the land where the offices and so on are?

Until all the questions have been answered this thread will go on as I think when each question has to be answered it will stir up a new hornets nest and the fun will continue.

In the mean time I do kind of hope they manage to bring in a whole squad and think they are competitive this coming season. Then if we manage to smash them home and away it will make the victory so much sweeter. Think we have some work to do building a team that can manage that mind but the thought is nice.

Bearing in mind they haven't even started exiting administration correctly from a previous takeover and there are still legal issues all over the show, unlike Kanu, this thread still has legs.

Once they are cleared of all wrongdoing by courts and independent financial investigations then perhaps the thread will be ready for closure, but we still await details from that original takeover, so I would suggest it is still valid.

I understand why the few want to pretend none of this is happening and no doubt history is already being rewritten in pompey pubs, but investigations and court actions are still ongoing so the thread lives on.

Perhaps it could just do with a rebrand - All Things Skate? Fishy Corner? The Silence of The Few?

unlike Kanu, this thread still has legs.

Pure quality as usual Rallyboy.

The three posts above are all correct. The russians have come in with some cash...no doubt. Perhaps not enough to buy chinny out completely or get the habourdrome built in the next six months, but they are putting togther a fairly decent squad.....albeit an expensive one.

There are still a couple of issues outside of their control, as in the tax case and forensic investigation. If Storrie is found guilty the FL will have to address that one straight away, the forensic one can linger around for as long as necessary. If pompey are showing any signs of playoff or automatic in the business end of the season, expect the PL to start whispering in a few ears. Additionallly the CVA needs to be paid towards the end of the season next year and then there is TBH wages to consider and the half a million to Sprus for the goalie.

There's plently left in the melting pot.

Just pulling my post from page 794.

Ladies an gentlemen, here is the NewCo. Business Plan 2011:

http://www.rumafia.com/material.php?id=220

===================

New scam leads to Portsmouth

Once the scheme of stealing money of the Central Bank failed to go through Urin, Alexander and Vladimir Antonov with Victor Yampolsky offered Mendeleev and the leadership of Russian Railways to carry it on. They found full support there.

According to the bankers’ and state monopolies representatives’ plan, STB, on the edge of bankruptcy, will be merged with “The Bank of Savings and Loans" (Sberkredbank is owned by Vladimir Antonov). The new bank, based on its assets, may qualify for a stabilization loan from the Central Bank, which can amount to 10 billion rubles (about $ 320 million). Of this money 8 billion rubles will go to repay the debt to Russian Railways, about 800 million rubles to be transferred to MOITK (Moscow Regional Investment Trust Company), STB and the Antonovs being the old-time debtors.

The funds from private individual deposits will add up to the remaining 1.2 billion rubles of the stabilization loan – the newly merged bank plans to offer good interest rates on deposits.

The interested parties may thus divide among themselves more than 2 billion rubles and spend it at their discretion. For example, why not purchase the English "Portsmouth"?

The newly merged bank will stay afloat for some time, then it can be driven to bankruptcy, assigning stabilization loan repayment to the Central Bank to Deposit Insurance Agency.

According to Russian intelligence, the documents were recently filed in the Central Bank for the merger of STB and Sberkredbank, and they will be approved soon. Yampolsky was informed about this by Central Bank Deputy Chairman Melikian, who also promised that the newly merged bank will qualify for a stabilization loan for at least 10 billion rubles. Rumafia correspondents reported that in early February Yampolsky met with the head of the Russian Railways, Vladimir Yakunin. During the meeting they discussed the creation of the merged bank, what will happen to the debt and a possible stabilization loan from the Central Bank and the purchase of ... English Portsmouth. According to the same source, top managers of Russian Railways also expressed interest in the purchase of this football club.

It is worth mentioning that Vladimir Antonov has been long haunted by the fame of Roman Abramovich who owns football club “Chelsea”. Antonov also wants to be a legal billionaire and owner of any team. Meanwhile, he cannot even become a legal owner of “Saab”. GM flatly refused to sell Saab to Spykers Cars for as long as Antonovs are the cowners of the latter. Father and son faked the sale of their stake in Spykers Cars (it was a bogus deal). This left Vladimir Antonov as of of the owners of Spykers Cars and the company then proceeded in purchasing Saab. Antonov just recently announced that he is going to purchase Spykers Cars again, which already owns Saab.

Vladmir Antonov was not much more successful in purchasing a European football club. His negotiations to purchase “Glasgow Rangers” or "Bournemouth" ended in failure, after that he suddenly expressed interest in Russian football market. In 2010 he announced his intent to purchase Moscow Region “Saturn”. This was not a random choice. This club was on the edge of bankruptcy and owed 800 million rubles to MOITK. The amount of the debt became the purchase price for the club. The Antonovs, Yampolsky and STB were well familiar how to work with this entity, since they have been feeding on it for a long time.

STB still owes 800 million rubles to MOITK. Antonov chose to play on this fact. He knows that this debt will be paid out of Central Bank budget, so you can just add couple hundred millions and get “Saturn” from MOITK. “Saturn” itself cannot pay a penny. However, Antonov’s plans did not find any support among his partners – Russian Railways already owns football club “Locomotiv”. As a result, “Saturn” has ceased to exist, and the masterminds of the grand scam decided to focus their efforts on the purchase of English “Portsmouth''.

======================

So basically, launder money obatained through stealing from banks. Black and White.

There's life in this old nag of a thread yet. And funny how those calling for it to be closed are strangely absent from the previous 800+ pages of Skate comedy gold. :D

Until all the questions have been answered this thread will go on as I think when each question has to be answered it will stir up a new hornets nest and the fun will continue.

There seem plenty of questions outstanding, certainly. The cash flow issues alone might come as a shock to the Russians as they obviously haven't listened to advice from anyone, or at least any advice that doesn't agree with their own thinking.

but they are putting togther a fairly decent squad.....albeit an expensive one.
Sorry Gemmel, I've been away on hols, but has anybody actually signed then? I thought it was all talk so far. I suppose I'd better go away and do my own research:-)...

If Dubai phil is quiet he's either on the golf course or delving. Either way it's like those westerns where somebody says "it's too quiet" and you just know they are going to get the first arrow...

There seem plenty of questions outstanding, certainly. The cash flow issues alone might come as a shock to the Russians as they obviously haven't listened to advice from anyone, or at least any advice that doesn't agree with their own thinking.

Sorry Gemmel, I've been away on hols, but has anybody actually signed then? I thought it was all talk so far. I suppose I'd better go away and do my own research:-)...

If Dubai phil is quiet he's either on the golf course or delving. Either way it's like those westerns where somebody says "it's too quiet" and you just know they are going to get the first arrow...

I thought they have signed one player but they have been linked with a few more. The cash flow thing seems to me like a completely mental decission from the ruskies. Fag packet maths suggests that the only way they can make money is to get back in the prem. But their last trip to the dizzy heights put them £130 mil in debt which should be proof enough that even the riches of the prem doesnt gaurentee a club can make money.

In fact I am struggling to think of any football club that actually does make money these days. Our owners seem to have a plan of spending on the infrustructure so the club can produce its own tallent that will either push us to the riches or fund us via player sales. It seems like the only sensible plan to me as if we dont progress as a club then we should always have the option of selling a few players we brought up to stablise the bank ballence.

How would Chelsea, Man city and Liverpool ever break even?

So a club the size of Pompey with so little infrustructure at pressent seems like the worst business venture on the plannet right now. Plenty of money needs to go out and no real sign of plenty of mone to come in. Would lord sugar ever invest in such a project?

They've signed Norris and Pearce I think?

Norris a very good player when on form but starting to get over the hill and being paid absurd wages, then there is Pearce who surprisingly is the sort of player they should be looking for. A young defender with promise, although no doubt on obscene wages as well.

We're still waiting on what Nugent is going to do, although I'd have thought all the loans will take place when they play the same sob story to the FL about not having enough players, then they'll go and sign Carlos Tevez et al.

Pearce (the CB from Bournemouth) has signed for sure and Norris has allegedly signed too, apart from this it is all speculation and paper talk !

Still, only 2 or 3 more and they will have a starting 11 :)

Pre season starts on Friday. Kanu, Lawerson, hierdesson and ben haim have been given an extra week off. So with the two new signings there will still only be 7 players start.

Should keep the food costs down at the training ground

Retired from International football..... He certainly isn't retiring from his 35k a week contract.

Lets just hope his heart tests, don't double up as an age test as well.

Interesting - his wikipedia page is very definitive that he's retired from football completely. More uncertainty and confusion in the land of the few...

Interesting - . More uncertainty and confusion in the land of the few...

No confusion at all Saint Si. .... The club got their hopes up , but he quashed the rumours straight away... He's there for the duration of his contract.

Club given him permission for a weeks delay in training for heart tests.

No confusion at all Saint Si. .... The club got their hopes up , but he quashed the rumours straight away... He's there for the duration of his contract.

Club given him permission for a weeks delay in training for heart tests.

Perhaps they should slip the cardiologist £10k to find something wrong which will encourage him to retire.

Perhaps they should slip the cardiologist £10k to find something wrong which will encourage him to retire.

It will need to be something pretty severe to encourage him away from 35k a week for ten minutes work every fortnight :) :)

So, let me see if I've got the timeline right or not.....

Gaydamak bought the club - we all knew that it was daddy's money, and this has been confirmed now I believe.

Daddy gets into a bit of trouble and has his assets seized - about £17m worth IIRC.

A cunning plan is hatched by daddy to get his best buddy [Chainrai], to pretend they hate each other, they've had a little fight and to get chainrai to sue daddy for circa £17m.

Eventually this suit is succesful and the assets totaling £17m are released to chainrai.

Sadly this took longer than was expected, so chainrai couldn't take over the club straight away - why would he want to put his own money in! So, along comes Mr Whippy and his very wealthy backers, who incidentally weren't wealthy, or in fact backers!

That goes pear shaped so Mr Whippy bails out and runs away to Russia to a chess conference, where lo and behold daddy is hiding out!

Along comes the fake sheik, who doesn't actually exist, just a random guy vouching to be his brother - most of us suspected it was Chainrai all along! Chainrai then 'loans' the fake sheik who doesn't exist £17m to keep the club running - the assets he 'won' from daddy have now been liquidated and he has the cash avaiable.

The fake sheik then defaults on the loan - well, you would really, being non existent, there is no way to pay the repayments - so chainrai becomes a 'reluctant' owner! He immediately puts the club into admin - it had been trading insolvently for six months or so, but those pesky assets needed liquidating!

Now the club is in admin, chainrai's loan is now a secure creditor, so daddy will get his £17m back!

Sadly, no-one is interested in buying the club so another plan is hatched!

Along come the russians, who have bought the club without actually paying a penny - they promise to pay chainrai in installments, which will most likely be paid when the parachute payments fall due - I guess chainrai couldn't really pay himself the parachute payments whilst he is the owner, because those damned charities they ripped off along the way might start making a noise.

So, eventually, Chainrai will get back all the money he [daddy], put into the club, plus some lucrative interest payments. Daddy gets his £17m, so the seized assets are all legally washed, pressed and delivered back to him in a nice plastic bag! Chainrai gets his interest payments, so that's his cut, plus whatever he decides to take from the sale of players, probably not much, but certainly good value for money if you've never put a penny into the club!

So, what's in it for the Russians?

I'm guessing they are indebted to daddy, so they've got a choice to do this and keep their fingers, or go swimming with the fishes!

And people think that they will be investing millions of pounds to build a championship winning team? I doubt it! They'll spend the season ticket sales on players, probably not many by the lack of sales! They'll then limp the club along until chainrai / daddy get the final parachute payment out of the club, then sell it for scrap is my guess :D

All in all, this is far better than watching Eastenders, and the accents are funnier too :D

It will need to be something pretty severe to encourage him away from 35k a week for ten minutes work every fortnight :) :)

Russian Doctor diagnoses heart problem, insurance payout satisfies old man Kanu (and gets to keep his kneecaps), skates save 35k a week, everybody's happy - well, everybody down Frogmore Road way that is.

Cheats.

Just carried out a Company Search on Portsmouth Football Club (2010) Ltd. Portpin Ltd still have a Fixed and Floating Charge over Fratton Park and all the assets. The Share Capital is now £1m and all the shares are owned by Sports Holdings (Asia) Ltd and guess who are the Directors of the latter Company...why?....the Chanrai's of course.

Pre season starts on Friday. Kanu, Lawerson, hierdesson and ben haim have been given an extra week off. So with the two new signings there will still only be 7 players start.

Should keep the food costs down at the training ground

Errrr what training ground...????? ;)

It means the entry hasn't been updated yet......

Are you not at all concerned that it's pretty clear more dodgy russians are using you to launder vast sums of money? You'll be fine for this season, maybe next season who knows, but what happens when they have what they want and move on like the others? Another car crash waiting to happen, and you know it.

Are you not at all concerned that it's pretty clear more dodgy russians are using you to launder vast sums of money? You'll be fine for this season, maybe next season who knows, but what happens when they have what they want and move on like the others? Another car crash waiting to happen, and you know it.

No, I'm not worried at all, because About 99% of been what's been written on here about how we were "toast" has turned out to be utter rubbish. And yet there are still a significant number of you who are clinging to the idea that we're somehow going to hell in a handcart, it's just a matter of time. Well, two YEARS into this thread, it aint happened yet.

I don't mind, it's your board- I find it a good laugh now, but we're at the fag end of a story that bar a few little crumbs that won't amount to anything, is everyone else's chip-paper....

Hmm, maybe not toast but pretty stale bread: haven't got a team let alone a squad, no training facilities, no reserve team, dodgy ground, disillusioned fans (well, the few I know) and still questions over ownership of the various assets (ground, car park, debts...).

I doubt Mero or even Mack are as sanguine or complacent (or blinkered) as you are.

No, I'm not worried at all, because About 99% of been what's been written on here about how we were "toast" has turned out to be utter rubbish. And yet there are still a significant number of you who are clinging to the idea that we're somehow going to hell in a handcart, it's just a matter of time. Well, two YEARS into this thread, it aint happened yet.

I don't mind, it's your board- I find it a good laugh now, but we're at the fag end of a story that bar a few little crumbs that won't amount to anything, is everyone else's chip-paper....

3899953986_382a73a5a0.jpg

Hmm, maybe not toast but pretty stale bread: haven't got a team let alone a squad, no training facilities, no reserve team, dodgy ground, disillusioned fans (well, the few I know) and still questions over ownership of the various assets (ground, car park, debts...).

I doubt Mero or even Mack are as sanguine or complacent (or blinkered) as you are.

Unlike PFC , Mero and Mack had the balls to stay on this board during the badtimes down at the cesspit. We have enjoyed their contributions. They have kept up to date with events down at "the arena" & hence have a better grip on reality.

PFC disappears for months on end and only appears when he thinks he has something to feel proud about - like another bunch of dodgy, Russian mafia owners. Its amazing how a bunch of money launderers can make a Pompey fan feel so pleased. We just need Corp to reappear and then we will have a full set of those funny fishy folk back on this thread.

It means the entry hasn't been updated yet......

That's one possibility...

No, your previous owner still has a charge against it until he's paid.

...and that's the other one. I'd expect the Companies House information to be fully up to date by now. Four weeks is plenty of time, assuming all the paperwork was done correctly at the time of the takeover.

Along with this, the Land Registry still showed Portpin holding a charge on Fratton Park a couple of weeks ago; I'll have another look in a few weeks time to see if it's still the case. If it is, then I'd say it's all but certain that Chainrai still owns the ground - again, there will have been plenty of time to get the LR details updated by then.

There's no way a loan shark surrenders all control without seeing his money.

The child-maimer held onto land to protect the money owed to him, Chanrai is the cleverest bloke there and will have retained leverage - probably the ground, possibly his legal claim to 4/5ths of any transfer income.

He now has the added power of being a creditor near the top of the list for payments.

The owners cannot take money out until he is paid.

Chanrai took control the day he loaned money, AA followed his orders throughout admin - he is still in control today.

I wonder what the Russians think of this and also will the UK authorities take a close look at them ?

Birmingham City FC's president Carson Yeung has appeared in court in Hong Kong on money-laundering charges.

Mr Yeung was bailed by the Eastern Court in his home city after being charged with five counts.

BBC correspondent Annemarie Evans said he had been arrested by the narcotic bureau's financial investigations unit at his luxury home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-13970534

I wonder what the Russians think of this and also will the UK authorities take a close look at them ?

Birmingham City FC's president Carson Yeung has appeared in court in Hong Kong on money-laundering charges.

Mr Yeung was bailed by the Eastern Court in his home city after being charged with five counts.

BBC correspondent Annemarie Evans said he had been arrested by the narcotic bureau's financial investigations unit at his luxury home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-13970534

I suspect he will made chief reviewer of the FPPT and is the benchmark of how a football chairman should be. In fact the PL may well parachute Brum back into their league as a reward of being such a top ambassador of their brand

The Prem breathes a huge sigh of relief, if convicted Yeung will only have become an unfit and improper person while in charge of a Championship club! - the Prem brand is still squeaky clean.

Not sure where they go if he is proven to be a criminal, that would make a mockery of the FaPPT.....like we didn't know.

Presumably the club would have a problem as they would have to be immediately sold, unless the authorities just let him carry on regardless.

I see the authorities sitting on their hands, maybe sending a stern letter - and denying they are incompetent.

Another nail in the coffin of the FaPPT, though I doubt if you can still see any wood on the lid of that particular item.

Copied from one of their boards.

From Twitter

@NickSzczepanik (freelance football journalist - The Independent)

Nick Szczepanik

Interesting feature in the new Private Eye (p 31) on Vladimir Antonov, the new Portsmouth owner. Encouraging reading for fans? Not exactly.

Intriguing...

Copied from one of their boards.

From Twitter

@NickSzczepanik (freelance football journalist - The Independent)

Nick Szczepanik

Interesting feature in the new Private Eye (p 31) on Vladimir Antonov, the new Portsmouth owner. Encouraging reading for fans? Not exactly.

Intriguing...

Isn't that the satirical magazine Ian Hislop runs?

A year in the making and poopeys new home kit is........exactly the same as the old one!!! lol talk about a ripp off!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/new_home_kit_unveiled_1_2816819?commentspage=0

The natives not happy.

I like how the 2 women on the right (as we look at it) shoulder actually look like one woman ready and waiting. Would be a typicle skate bird if she was 20 stone and had a beard to match her Father, Mother and Brother.

Edited by saintjay77
Forgot the Mother prob has a beard too!

There's no way a loan shark surrenders all control without seeing his money.

The child-maimer held onto land to protect the money owed to him, Chanrai is the cleverest bloke there and will have retained leverage - probably the ground, possibly his legal claim to 4/5ths of any transfer income.

He now has the added power of being a creditor near the top of the list for payments.

The owners cannot take money out until he is paid.

Chanrai took control the day he loaned money, AA followed his orders throughout admin - he is still in control today.

Yes, but despite Chinny circling like a vulture, ready to strip clean what's left on the rotten carcass, everything is just hunky dory at Cheats FC. The Russina mafia have nothing but the best interests of the club at heart, despite not actually owning that much.

Just ask pfc123.