Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Assuming they have sold 1000 to kids and 1500 to seniors/young people and the remainder to adults that comes to just under £3.3m of guaranteed income. Remind me again what their approx outgoings are each month?

Don't think that will last long...;)

It's already gone.

Last year they got the ST income from the cc Companies on a match by match basis, so they had some income every month to help pay the expensive loanee wages.

This year through the "exclusive" Zebra Finance deal (AFAWK) they got the money up front. What Chainrai couldn't get his hands on has already gone towards the summer wages bill

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/ticket_sales_down_despite_amazing_show_of_commitment_1_2794408

Looks like they are going to get 8,000 season ticket sales... fantastic and unique supporter base indeed.

LOL, they've had theirs on sale since March whereas we've not even put ours on sale yet so come August whatever they sale in that five month period we will smash in five weeks!

I suggest SOS pompey don't disband completely, maybe just stand down for a few weeks and keep in touch.

Probably not worth putting the banners in the loft, it could save getting the step ladder out in a month or so.

Then again if they are happy, I guess this thread is done.

yeah right!

Let's see the accounts.

The thick f**ks, according to the comments, don't even know that CSI are paying monthly like a club book or that BC still has a charge on fratton sh*thole.

I think someone on here stated a few weeks ago that CSI had 'invested' the grand sum of £1 to buy PFC. I see a masterstroke by Chinny here......

PROBLEM - Football League grants golden share on condition that the owners do not withdraw any funds from the club until the CVA obligations have been met in full. BC knows damn well that the cesspit is never going to make enough funds to service the CVA and pay him off anytime soon.

SOLUTION - Find some dodgy ruskies to take ownership. Now when the next tranche of PL parachute money is received some of that can be diverted to BC to settle outstanding debts as he is no longer the owner. BC gets his money back quicker and the ruskies own a football club they haven't had to invest in. If Plan A works, CSI get the club and land - who knows what happens next. If Plan A goes tits up, CSI exit stage left and BC resumes ownership in the same fashion he did the first time.

Plausible? Possible?

Any news on that transfer budget yet, Mr Cotterill?

I have a certain admiration for Steve Cotterill. He's not a bad manager by any means and most others in his position would have disappeared off to another club months ago. They'd be in worse trouble without his loyalty, however misplaced it might be.

The daily list gets posted here just after 10 every morning.

Coming to the end of the 4th week now and still going strong.

Well I am no lawyer or tax expert and I think we all know that these sort of cases can be complicated....but 4 weeks???????

There's a lot of cost associated to this for both parties. I hope HMRC have spent it wisely.

I read it as 2 charges against PS, one jointly with MM from 2010 and one from 2009. But I'm no expert in these matters, honest.

From what I've seen, Harry is being tried separately in July, but the cases may be linked, hence the current media gag.

Edited by hutch
afterthought

I read it as 2 charges against PS, one jointly with MM from 2010 and one from 2009. But I'm no expert in these matters, honest.

From what I've seen, Harry is being tried separately in July, but the cases may be linked, hence the current media gag.

That's what I understand as well.

According to this article in the Blackpool Gazette, Varney can't stay at Blackpool, because his wages would be too high.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/varney_s_wages_stopped_pool_return_1_3507318

So Blackpool, recently relegated from the Premiership, with parachute payments, can't afford him, but the Skates can, even so soon after administration? Bloody typical of the dirty cheating bastards. And you have to laugh at Varney's sheer ignorance, believing that the Skates' ambitions to be back in the Premiership are more realistic than those of many other second division clubs.

"prepared to go to a Championship side which “has the ambition” to get to the top flight" = will pay his wage demand.

Seriously, how can anyone think that a club which currently has 8 players on their books, owners who are almost absent, a CVA and not much else, have ambition?

"Seriously, how can anyone think that a club which currently has 8 players on their books, owners who are almost absent, a CVA and not much else, have ambition?

You are obviously forgetting about the pompey iphone app that they have been promised...

You are obviously forgetting about the pompey iphone app that they have been promised...

I assume that when you have the pompey app running and shake your iphone it makes an loud irritating bell sound....

"prepared to go to a Championship side which “has the ambition” to get to the top flight" = will pay his wage demand.

Seriously, how can anyone think that a club which currently has 8 players on their books, owners who are almost absent, a CVA and not much else, have ambition?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/derbycounty/fb_news.php?storyid=12911

Blackpool have option to sign for £250k but not interested, skates though happy to pay the £750,000?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/derbycounty/fb_news.php?storyid=12911

Blackpool have option to sign for £250k but not interested, skates though happy to pay the £750,000?

I'll ask the question I have asked before whenever a mention is made of p****y paying any sort of transer fee.

How does their ability to spend money on a player equate with their apparent inability/refusal/procrastination to service the CVA.

If I was a creditor, I would be pretty brassed off if I saw them spending money on a player which should have been directed towards paying off the pathetic percentage I am owed.

I'll ask the question I have asked before whenever a mention is made of p****y paying any sort of transer fee.

How does their ability to spend money on a player equate with their apparent inability/refusal/procrastination to service the CVA.

If I was a creditor, I would be pretty brassed off if I saw them spending money on a player which should have been directed towards paying off the pathetic percentage I am owed.

And the other question that goes with that is why are the Football League not preventing them from paying out transfer fees without servicing the CVA?

And the other question that goes with that is why are the Football League not preventing them from paying out transfer fees without servicing the CVA?

Why do you think they aren't meeting the terms of the CVA?

The legal problem is that they haven't defaulted on the CVA, they haven't even missed any payments - they've just delayed starting it, hoping it will go away.

No rules broken!

They just need to produce another false accountancy report that gives the impression they will start the CVA on time - or delay it again - that is all they have to do to satisfy the Football League and their flimsy charter.

I'm sure the rest of football and even many of the few have no idea that pompey haven't even exited administration properly yet, that is the scandal.

And the change of ownership means that Chanrai can now take money out even if the Russians can't - BigShadow may well have hit on a clever bit of the masterplan.

At least these puppets seem to exist.

I've heard of this type of plan before but in slightly different circumstances.....

A Mr Gaydamak's accounts were frozen until he lost a massive court case so the only legal access to those frozen funds was if he was forced by a court ruling to pay out those damages - to a certain Mr Chanrai.

And the amount payable and retrieved from those frozen bank accounts was very similar to Chanrai's immediate and alleged loan into pompey.

Very clever, seemingly working against each other BUT in reality working together to get around legislation and move money you previously couldn't get at....

Chanrai is now a poor old creditor again, he's owed loan repayments, so by stepping aside six inches, the hard-done-by loan shark has just jumped himself back up the queue and is assured preferential treatment from the new company that he has personally placed in charge.

He has controlled the club from the day he put in loans, he remained in full control throughout administration and is still in charge even though he doesn't even own the club - and in reality, he never has!

The business owed him money, he took it over - reluctantly!

Whatever we think of the way they do business down the road, Chanrai is a clever bloke and he's still pulling the strings.

The Judge decided that as these two had been working at 'plucky' Pompey, they couldn't possibly have done anything wrong. So, they all shook hands and had a pint together. Case Closed.

Certainly if it were Injustice Mann that could well be very close to the truth.

0eNkG.jpg

Rallyboy we have been of this opinion all along , ever since Daddy Gayboy had his assets frozen, (the ruski slope guide to releasing cash from frozen account) Get your bed pall to take you to court making sure he wins, simples, The fat, and invisible Arabs were just smoke n mirrors,

Rallyboy we have been of this opinion all along , ever since Daddy Gayboy had his assets frozen, (the ruski slope guide to releasing cash from frozen account) Get your bed pall to take you to court making sure he wins, simples, The fat, and invisible Arabs were just smoke n mirrors,

I'm glad that not all Pompey fans are as sensible as Mack. It would be far less entertaining overall. At least we can smile as most of the blue few march towards a legal train wreck oblivious to it all :-)

In fairness, Varney himself doesn't mention Pompey; they're said to be favourites to get him (presumably on loan) by the paper, but that's all. Varney's quoted as saying:

"I would love to stay at the highest level, but if there was another Championship club out there who showed the ambition to get up to the Premier League that would be interesting to me as well."

The initial point - that it's scandalous if Pompey are trying to get a player who Blackpool can't afford to pay - is quite correct. And it's possible that the Skates will try, and maybe succeed; in which case Varney's words about ambition will ring very hollow indeed.

I would have thought any decent player with any ambition would be saying. "OK if I sign that makes nine players you got, who else you getting in?" Can't see anyone that is any good going there without knowing if they are going to be able to put out a side.

I would have thought any decent player with any ambition would be saying. "OK if I sign that makes nine players you got, who else you getting in?" Can't see anyone that is any good going there without knowing if they are going to be able to put out a side.

Jason Pearce set to join them today!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_7002611,00.html

He is a great signing for them, a really brave defender. A cherry fan told me that in the playoff 2nd leg he got a terrible gash on his leg but didnt tell the staff as he didnt want to be taken off. That is the type of player who will do well in any form of sport.

He is a great signing for them, a really brave defender. A cherry fan told me that in the playoff 2nd leg he got a terrible gash on his leg but didnt tell the staff as he didnt want to be taken off. That is the type of player who will do well in any form of sport.

I'd concur with that, he will become a fan favourite among the few, without doubt. FWIW, when I've seen him he's looked solid, brave and dependable and definitely a good investment for a Champ club

Yes but commitment will only get you so far. Not seen that much of him but watched the HUddersfield play-off match and to me he looked a little slow and had little skill on the ball.

Eddie the Eagle was brave and showed incredible commitment, but I wouldn't trust him to mark a decent striker.

Wherever possible I think I'd prefer my big strong defenders to come with technical skill as well - and don't start me on 'belief' or that 'little bit of magic in the final third'.

I'm sure he was a great leader in Bournemouth's dodgy defence but as we well know, a few League One players who were much better than him last season will need to up their own games to survive at the higher level.

So for me the jury is still out.

I wonder what Mr Clott will moan about when he finds out he is due to miss the first 3 games of the season (2 league + 1 lc) (something like "it is completely unfair that suspensions are carried over", or will he try to cheat somehow).

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/link.aspx?_id=D6CA03B6740C4E78A1E74E2493E9199B&_z=z

AFC Bournemouth JASON PEARCE 18/05/2011 Suspended from all football until the Club have completed 3 first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 18/05/2011

I guess Skates were always in the box seat for this one - they only had to pay just over half the best offer to do the deal. Unless, amusingly, the other fifty per cent goes to Chainrai, because I read somewhere he was entitled to all transfer money. A decent enough player, though you definitely wouldn't swap him for Jose & probably not even for Dan Seaborne.

Strange, as a Cherries fan said to me "not good enough for the NPC".

Strange, as a Cherries fan said to me "not good enough for the NPC".
To be fair i have only seen him play a few times and so your mate might know better. The times Ive seen him he has been very good. Not of great height but neither is Terry or Baird

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})