Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The whole situation with Norris looks a little odd to me. It seems he's signed, and the News have reported it, complete with quotes from Cotterill. But their article states that it won't be officially announced until the 1st July, and a glance at P*mpey's own web site (I felt dirty doing it, but it was for a good cause) confirms this. There's no mention of Norris at all. And Cotterill's comments in the News are that Norris has "agreed to come here" rather than that he's actually put pen to paper.

Now I'm not saying that Norris hasn't signed, but it does all seem a bit strange. Has he agreed verbally, but is still waiting for something better to come along? Hard to say but, like everything else at the wrong end of the M27, it just doesn't look right.

Football contracts in England end on 30th June each year. Norris is still an Ipswich player and will be paid by them up until that date, when he will then sign for Pompey.

Football contracts in England end on 30th June each year. Norris is still an Ipswich player and will be paid by them up until that date, when he will then sign for Pompey.

Yes, I'm aware of that - but does it prevent them from announcing the signing on their official site? He's an Ipswich player till the end of June, but if he's going to Pompey surely they're at liberty to say so?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11701_6991595,00.html

An interesting snipit from Sonko, moaning about how unfair it was that the Skates weren't anle to break the 5 loan players rule.

Also reveals that they were paying Stoke £14,000 a week for him.

It will be interesting when they have to publish the accounts for last season, to see how far over the CVA limit ( £13 M ? ) they actually were .

An interesting snipit from Sonko, moaning about how unfair it was that the Skates weren't anle to break the 5 loan players rule.

Also reveals that they were paying Stoke £14,000 a week for him.

It will be interesting when they have to publish the accounts for last season, to see how far over the CVA limit ( £13 M ? ) they actually were .

I expect it'll be by £0, as they'll make them up as they go along and use any laundered money via creative accounting to cover their backs.

The amusement continues, with details of a fixture they have lined up in the good ole U S of A.

The local rag states

"In some ways this might be a bigger match than last year's friendly against Bolton," the source said. "Portsmouth is a very big club with a huge, loyal following probably bigger than Bolton's."

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/jun/16/battery-soccerbattery-to-host-englands-portsmouth/

Naturally I couldn't resist correcting their idiotic assertion. Perhaps others might like to do the same.

Maybe the announcement is being delayed until his second medical examination has been completed. Surely any player signing for them these days needs their head examined as well as their body.

Further to my post 40059, It seems that a Skate has had his nose put out of joint by my remark that Bolton are a much larger club than the Skates

pompeymorris

5:19 AM on 6/16/2011

before wes tender gets to excited about how huge bolton are, lets not forget this massive club had to return 5,000 tickets for their cup semi final as they dont have enough fans ! now, im not saying pompey are the biggest club around, we dont have a new stadium (which is down to the local council) but we have some of the most dedicated and hard core fans around and thats the most important thing. and we may have won the fa cup through over spending, but so have chelsea and man city. play up pompey.

I've responded to this typically thick Skate, but perhaps others might like to put the record straight too.

Did I imagine it, or did the Skates not use up their allocation for the FA Cup semi-final either?

Bet they loved seeing how the letter is branded with Saints colours at the bottom. lol

It talks about all the comunication thats gone on with its supporters over the last 12 months yet nothing seems to have been answered in the last 12 months. Just sounds like BS to keep the few happy while they try to figure out what the hell they are going to do next.

Great! Deppo is alive and well and has contributed two posts in answer to the thick Skate "pompeymorris" on that American newspaper

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/jun/16/battery-soccerbattery-to-host-englands-portsmouth/

Shame, the skates were getting quite a pounding on there but a number of posts have been removed. The locals must be scratching their heads and wondering what the fook is going on :lol:

Should have included the Wes' quote.

The amusement continues, with details of a fixture they have lined up in the good ole U S of A.

The local rag states

Naturally I couldn't resist correcting their idiotic assertion. Perhaps others might like to do the same.

To be fair, Charleston Battery average just over 3,000 for their home games, so on that basis it seems feasible that Pompeys 12,000ish regular home fans could be seen as huge, loyal support. Bigger than bolton - hmmm, not sure - but Boltons fanbase is pretty small as well, although more of them tend to turn up on matchday.

Either way - not worth getting into a fight with a skate on some message board that even the locals can't be bothered to read.

Good to see some Saints battling it out on some bizzare little American news story, even Deppo is in there doing the business. Well done Gents, exposing the filthy skate bastards across the globe.

The fans conference sounds amusing, the same old losers setting up a 'trust' because they have little better to do, and it makes them feel important to meet Mr Limpitt. Limpitt can simply give the usual PR spin which he delivers so well whilst being looked upon as if he is some kind of god, the man who runs the skates. I wonder if these 'trust' people set up conferenes with their local supermarket, as this is the scale of business we are talking about.

And then Mr Duboffs letter... brilliant!

Im not sure who wrote all that guff... Phill Hall, Limpit, Marc Jackson aka Lifelongskate, my strongest suspicion goes to the great social media club takeoverer... Tony Lynham! He wrote the book on bull ****ting fans, and this reads all too familiar.

Not one sentence rolls on to the next, its like Vlad and Dubov have bought a book of 'football club owners one liners' and just picked a load out and inserted pompey where neccessary.

Nice to read that they have been trolling forums for the last month too, just like ML and NC did when taking over SFC!

So many caveats, so many intangible claims and so many unquantifiable promises make this letter a classic in my eyes... I still cant quite work out who Doobie thinks he is writing too, a fan, Limpit, the trust, the conference... anyones guess!

One thing he gets spot on - skate fans are indeed 'unique in every single way"

Good to see some Saints battling it out on some bizzare little American news story, even Deppo is in there doing the business. Well done Gents, exposing the filthy skate bastards across the globe.

The fans conference sounds amusing, the same old losers setting up a 'trust' because they have little better to do, and it makes them feel important to meet Mr Limpitt. Limpitt can simply give the usual PR spin which he delivers so well whilst being looked upon as if he is some kind of god, the man who runs the skates. I wonder if these 'trust' people set up conferenes with their local supermarket, as this is the scale of business we are talking about.

And then Mr Duboffs letter... brilliant!

Im not sure who wrote all that guff... Phill Hall, Limpit, Marc Jackson aka Lifelongskate, my strongest suspicion goes to the great social media club takeoverer... Tony Lynham! He wrote the book on bull ****ting fans, and this reads all too familiar.

Not one sentence rolls on to the next, its like Vlad and Dubov have bought a book of 'football club owners one liners' and just picked a load out and inserted pompey where neccessary.

Nice to read that they have been trolling forums for the last month too, just like ML and NC did when taking over SFC!

So many caveats, so many intangible claims and so many unquantifiable promises make this letter a classic in my eyes... I still cant quite work out who Doobie thinks he is writing too, a fan, Limpit, the trust, the conference... anyones guess!

One thing he gets spot on - skate fans are indeed 'unique in every single way"

On that point:

Im sure when we got taken over there was mass relieff from all saints fans but there was also plenty of questions and some aggression towards them when answered were needed. mainly due to the previous god knows how many years of knowing sweet FA and the feeling of betrayal from previous idiots that ran our club into the ground.

The blue few have had their fair share of idiots trying their best to make a few quid whilst running the club into the ground. Not many of the few actually seem to give a toss though and seem quite happy to bend over and take another dose from the latest owners. You would have thought that previous history would have tought them to maybe ask a few more questions to make sure that those in charge are actually there for the good of the club and not the latest in the line of cowboys.

On that point:

Im sure when we got taken over there was mass relieff from all saints fans but there was also plenty of questions and some aggression towards them when answered were needed. mainly due to the previous god knows how many years of knowing sweet FA and the feeling of betrayal from previous idiots that ran our club into the ground.

The blue few have had their fair share of idiots trying their best to make a few quid whilst running the club into the ground. Not many of the few actually seem to give a toss though and seem quite happy to bend over and take another dose from the latest owners. You would have thought that previous history would have tought them to maybe ask a few more questions to make sure that those in charge are actually there for the good of the club and not the latest in the line of cowboys.

Lightening does not strike 6 times.....they will be ok i think

it's been a taxing time!! Very good.

Then we had -

Lampitt will be meeting with you all on Wednesday

that's another thing they got right, that was their entire fanbase in one room.

Plucky little few, bestest ever.

Yeah - bestest at being deluded!

Dont know if this has been posted.

"I've been caught in an infuriating web of rules and red tape which some managers are not even sure about".

"Portsmouth were paying me around £14,000 a week to do nothing".

I'm sure the Skates would've happily accepted a refund, should he felt so inclined.

"I've been caught in an infuriating web of rules and red tape which some managers are not even sure about".

Fair play to the guy for telling it how it is. It's pretty refreshing to hear a player tell it like it is and not make excuses, it's good that he understands how the fans feel, and what they are probably thinking.

That said - red tape or no red tape, the board, the management are fools for letting it get to that stage. They should be running the club within the League rules. This is not the players fault.

so to put it into context, Sonko, an underused and failed loanee brought in by Cotterill and Lampitt as a result of their suicidal, badly named, and blatantly flawed quality over quantity scheme, cost the equivalent of 1,500 season tickets at £500 each.....

An amount so damaging to cashflow that it even shamed the man taking it.

Did many Norwich or Swansea players earn that sort of wage?

Chanrai must be livid at how they wasted money last season that he could have walked off with.

Cotterill's management last season in the transfer market looks shockingly poor.

So keep up the good work Steve, please build another squad like that one!

Actually, that was a bargain !

Hughes was on £18k, Brown was on £20k and Ben Haim was getting £38k for a similar input !

:)

So to them I must have looked like some lazy footballer - picking up almost £20,000 a week but could not be bothered to play.

Does he not know how much he was paid then? Was it around £14,000 or almost £20,000?

Hmmm....a remarkably good grasp of the nuances of the English language for a Russian.... :suspicious:

dubov%20letter.jpg

"For now all our efforts and energy are on the team and the club but once we are satisfied all is moving in the right direction we will certainly communicate again concerning sitting down with the conference."

I wonder if "sitting down with the conference" is pigeon English for "being demoted down to the Football Conference?"

"For now all our efforts and energy are on the team and the club but once we are satisfied all is moving in the right direction we will certainly communicate again concerning sitting down with the conference."

I wonder if "sitting down with the conference" is pigeon English for "being demoted down to the Football Conference?"

I took the statement as ''We're not speaking to anyone until we're good and ready.....so stop badgering and let us launder!''.

Think I just caught that Danny Kelly is doing an interview with Sonko on Talksport at some point in the next hour

Edit: On now

Didn't really say much about Pompey, just re-iterated that they had too many loan players for him to play, Danny never really pushed for what was happening there. Just said that he was keen to play, money not the main issue as he's made his money now, it's about playing football, seemed to have a really good attitude.

Edited by Gorgiesaint

Fair play to the guy for telling it how it is. It's pretty refreshing to hear a player tell it like it is and not make excuses, it's good that he understands how the fans feel, and what they are probably thinking.

That said - red tape or no red tape, the board, the management are fools for letting it get to that stage. They should be running the club within the League rules. This is not the players fault.

Has he really told us how it is. All I see is someone else associated with the few moaning about how unfair it all is. He tells us that the rules only allow five loan players to be in the squad for a match day and then contradicts himself by saying no one understands the rules and how unfair everything is as poopey dont have enough signed players of their own to fill the bench. Perhaps they should have thought about that before they released all the youth players they did own in order to manipulate their squad below 20 players enabling them to sign loanees. The five loanee rule was brought in specifically to protect the integrity or the competitions. Otherwise we could all let our youth and reserve squads leave and borrow 20 players each week from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United.

As for his so called embarrassment over collecting wages for doing nothing perhaps a gesture of donating to all charities they have ripped off would salve his conscience

14K basic, 6K image rights probably.

Boringly I suspect he was on £20/week at Stoke, Skates agreed to pay £14k/week of his wages to loan him. But £14/week, which is probably top 10% of earners in the CCC,for a mediocre centre-half who spent half the season out of the team just re-inforces their stupidity and their disregard for their financial state. If you assume their other 5 loanees were on something similar, that must be another £3-4mill in wages(inc bonuses, NI etc) to add to the figures we already knew didn't add up.

Boringly I suspect he was on £20/week at Stoke, Skates agreed to pay £14k/week of his wages to loan him. But £14/week, which is probably top 10% of earners in the CCC,for a mediocre centre-half who spent half the season out of the team just re-inforces their stupidity and their disregard for their financial state. If you assume their other 5 loanees were on something similar, that must be another £3-4mill in wages(inc bonuses, NI etc) to add to the figures we already knew didn't add up.

I would think it was £14,000 from Skates, with Stoke making up the other £6,000 to his basic Stoke contract of £20,000.

Halford was on £15K, presumably all loanees were on about the same - massive wages sanctioned by Lampitt.

I would estimate their starting XI last season was costing about £10M a year before tax and NI - lucky they didn't have a full squad!

Shedding a few big earners but continuing to overpay those coming in will mean they need to sell approx 22,000 season tickets - to stand still.

I see why they are keen to increase capacity.

Luckily they have new owners to cover the shortfall, and add more loans to the business.

How long before the CVA is delayed again?

I'd be surprised if the creditors ever see a penny - and the football authorities will pretend it hasn't happened.

Exactly that. But still £14k/week is huge wages for a struggling CCC team

No its not. Suggest you move with the times. Kevin Nolan getting £50k pw at West Ham.

Luke Varney when he went to Charlton a few years ago when he went into negotiations with Charlton their opening gambit in 2007 was £15k pw and he was looking at £8k as a good pay day.

Around £15k-20k is now going to be average wage for a Championship level player

No its not. Suggest you move with the times. Kevin Nolan getting £50k pw at West Ham.

Luke Varney when he went to Charlton a few years ago when he went into negotiations with Charlton their opening gambit in 2007 was £15k pw and he was looking at £8k as a good pay day.

Around £15k-20k is now going to be average wage for a Championship level player

...and that is exactly why the fotball league are ratifying the UEFA financial fair play rules. £15k per week wages at second tier levels are utterly rediculous. How will the Skates cope with only being able to spend what they earn in 2012/13?

It might be riddiculous but thats what club are prepared to pay. Yes it will come down over time but I am sure agents will come up with other ways to get the money to their clients and themselves.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})