Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

FMPR - you quote wages paid by a club that has flirted with bankruptcy for five years and another that's sailing full steam ahead towards administration.

I think Charlton have had long enough in the wilderness to realise that overpaying and losing money may well be connected.

West Ham are starting to look like pompey when it comes to gambling the club future - the Nolan signing makes Lampitt look shrewd.

So I would suggest that those figures are not paid by championship clubs run sensibly, which sadly are few and far between.

£15K a week is reasonable for two or three of your best players perhaps - but it shouldn't be the base rate for the lowest paid, average squad players that no one else wants.

Sonko was no bargain - and even he knows it.

You all must must be confused, the ruskies are fit and proper people.

Indeed.

They're just broke :D

How long before they default on their staged payments to chinny, and once again he takes over as a reluctant owner!

Will that be seven or eight owners in the last five years! Do the current clowns count as one or two owners :D

Lol I don't think he is in a right state of mind. Pompey is the place that has been's go to for a final whacky payday these days. He seems to be under the impression that because pompey are happy to pay silly wages that there will be someone else willing to make the same mistakes. Pompey have rules of their own and I dont think there is another club like it. So I doubt he will be goin anywhere for some time!

...and that is exactly why the fotball league are ratifying the UEFA financial fair play rules. £15k per week wages at second tier levels are utterly rediculous. How will the Skates cope with only being able to spend what they earn in 2012/13?

As any veteran of this thread will know, they'll flick the v's and ignore the rules. And the FL will do sod all about it.

As any veteran of this thread will know, they'll flick the v's and ignore the rules. And the FL will do sod all about it.

It's been asked previously.

I have asked previously.

Why do the FL do nothing about them? It makes you wonder, very strongly, if the skates have some hold over the FL?

Is there some blackmail going on and the FL don't want the world to know that there is some nefarious activity occuring?

Why else would they sit back and let one particular club ride roughshod over football while persecuting other clubs who have owed far less.

e.g. Plymouth through to Salisbury!

I have asked previously.

Why do the FL do nothing about them? It makes you wonder, very strongly, if the skates have some hold over the FL?

Is there some blackmail going on and the FL don't want the world to know that there is some nefarious activity occuring?

Why else would they sit back and let one particular club ride roughshod over football while persecuting other clubs who have owed far less.

Some might think that the tentacles of their dealings went into a lot of football associations throughout the world, or there are too many people who have got dirty fingers in high places for the can of worms to really be opened up.

The PM of the day came out and stated that Pompey should not go to the wall, for whose ears was that intended for? I can't recall him ever stating the same about any other club in difficulty.

The FA's man overseeing compliance all of a sudden appears as the top man there. A man charged to appear in court is allowed to stay by the administrator to oversee things.

Some might think that the tentacles of their dealings went into a lot of football associations throughout the world, or there are too many people who have got dirty fingers in high places for the can of worms to really be opened up.

The PM of the day came out and stated that Pompey should not go to the wall, for whose ears was that intended for? I can't recall him ever stating the same about any other club in difficulty.

The FA's man overseeing compliance all of a sudden appears as the top man there. A man charged to appear in court is allowed to stay by the administrator to oversee things.

But then we're just a couple of old whinging cynics, seeing things that the experts can't so maybe, as there are only the two of us, we are in the wrong.

What I mean is that nobody else posting here can see what we can see....can they?

.......Oh!

Maybe we are not alone :rolleyes:

I have asked previously.

What have the Football League done to Plymouth that they should have done to Portsmouth?

Salisbury have never been under the jurisdiction of the Football League.

No its not. Suggest you move with the times. Kevin Nolan getting £50k pw at West Ham.

Luke Varney when he went to Charlton a few years ago when he went into negotiations with Charlton their opening gambit in 2007 was £15k pw and he was looking at £8k as a good pay day.

Around £15k-20k is now going to be average wage for a Championship level player

No it isn't.

**** off anyway, you despicable ****.

lol - I admire your confidence fella. Guess it depends whether we can muster at a team or not ;)
I can sense a quiet confidence from you, you probably kno0w who is going to join you. I will not be making any predictions as ive seen the lucky stick stick fall on your side of the fence too many times in the last 5 years.

What is it with these clowns, as well as the "World's greatest" they are seriously the most deluded.

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=244750

Smith said: ‘I don’t think Steve speaks Russian so I hope the owners speak English!

I'd don't think the language matters as surely the question is, does Clotterill have a facebook account to communicate with?

Cotterill's getting the paranoid excuses in early doors, apparently the fixtures are against them now.

The Blues boss believes his team have been dealt a tough hand following the release of their fixtures for the 2011-12 Championship term yesterday.

But he backed them to respond to a testing start to the new season.

The man is an idiot.

Cotterill's getting the paranoid excuses in early doors, apparently the fixtures are against them now.

The Blues boss believes his team have been dealt a tough hand following the release of their fixtures for the 2011-12 Championship term yesterday.

The man is an idiot.

Lmfao, what difference does it actually make? You've got to play everyone at some point.

Such a pr1ck.

not sure if already been posted......http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/shrewd_cotts_can_turn_it_around_with_5m_1_2782729

is everyone connected to that cesspit of a club an utter, utter cu*nt?

That's a rhetorical question, right? :)

As for the £5 million war chest figure, I'm not sure where that came from. Unless Stevie boy told the bald eagle to start spreading that rumour in order to give a subliminal message to the Russians.

What have the Football League done to Plymouth that they should have done to Portsmouth?

Salisbury have never been under the jurisdiction of the Football League.

Apologies for not replying earlier (3 post rule). Yes, I messed that up by rushing things through and hitting send before going out!

I was in two trains of thought, on the same line, what I said was the resultant crash. In mentioning the FL I did mean to put a phrase " PL and other authorities" and also how I thought the PL did a PR exercise on skates which achieved the square root of eff all. We are all aware that Plymouth fell under the FL and not the PL. And Salisbury were just thrown in as a measure of how far reaching rules do travel because I was aware of their financial problems.

The skates, in respect to other clubs, have got away with the legal ramifications.

My unreserved apologies.

The man is an idiot.

Lmfao, what difference does it actually make? You've got to play everyone at some point.

Such a pr1ck.

They have been in the division a year longer than us. They know what is needed.

We are new to this division. We know what is needed.

The difference? We're not whinging, we're getting on with it and our starting weeks look difficult too but that's how fixtures turn out.

Man up snotterill and get on with it.

I thought I saw somewhere that the Swedish regulators had problems with the takeover, so CSI aren't part of Saab's owner consortium.

Didn't they get another company to do the business to take over Saab and then go and take over that company? The Saab owners originally said no cause if them ruskies so sold to someone else. Only for those ruskies to end up owners of Saab anyway!

They seem to be involved in taking over allot but generally there is a story behind it that raises more questions than answers.

They could be genuine and all will turn out rosy for them. To me it looks more like a giant house of cards in a hurricane and there is more chance of it all falling down than surviving.

Only time will tell

Didn't they get another company to do the business to take over Saab and then go and take over that company? The Saab owners originally said no cause if them ruskies so sold to someone else. Only for those ruskies to end up owners of Saab anyway!

They seem to be involved in taking over allot but generally there is a story behind it that raises more questions than answers.

They could be genuine and all will turn out rosy for them. To me it looks more like a giant house of cards in a hurricane and there is more chance of it all falling down than surviving.

Only time will tell

Don't worry, we-er gonna be all rite!

^^^ Wasn't it Spyker?

Yes, the same Spyker which is meant to have been beginning mass production of it's sports cars in Coventry imminently for the past 18 months.

There has been a lot of broken promises and obligations over that, so it bodes well elsewhere. ;)

Don't worry, we-er gonna be all rite!

I wasnt talking about your club to be fair. I was on about your owners who seem to have a dodgy story attached to most things they are doing.

I have no doubt that your lot will ultimatly be OK. It might take another set of owners to get there mind but all the thame you will be all rite

Hilarious new myths currently being hyped up in Deluded Town -

1. Saints are £24M in debt.

2. The Liebherr family have abandoned us.

3. We give away 12,500 tickets for every home game - apparently all women and children get in free....

(Which is seriously going to annoy the woman I go with as it cost her about £375 last season.)

And this little gem off The News site sums up the insane ideas being sold to anyone thick enough to buy them -

I work in business your club is in debt, you have got to remember sunshine Pompey are a far more better business venture than your present owners your owners are not that rich ok pompey are a unique club buoyed on having the biggest support in the south and a far bigger catchment area ok just because you have a bigger stadium,you will not attract the players like pompey will etc,you have to realise we have very encouraging owners they were the ones that wanted to purchase Rangers, but they were far more rewarding in getting the sleeping giant of the south coast which was POTENTIAL.

That needs more than a few commas to sort it out.

And while new myths are generated every day to distract from the fragility of the few's current state, I still await the exact details of the mythical dock strike.

3. We give away 12,500 tickets for every home game - apparently all women and children get in free....

(Which is seriously going to annoy the woman I go with as it cost her about £375 last season.)

And this little gem off The News site sums up the insane ideas being sold to anyone thick enough to buy them -

I work in business your club is in debt, you have got to remember sunshine Pompey are a far more better business venture than your present owners your owners are not that rich ok pompey are a unique club buoyed on having the biggest support in the south and a far bigger catchment area ok just because you have a bigger stadium,you will not attract the players like pompey will etc,you have to realise we have very encouraging owners they were the ones that wanted to purchase Rangers, but they were far more rewarding in getting the sleeping giant of the south coast which was POTENTIAL.

And while new myths are generated every day to distract from the fragility of the few's current state, I still await the exact details of the mythical dock strike.

No! don't tell me which club had to return FA Cup Final tickets and which one sold more than their allocation for a tin pot trophy final.

Bigger, as Jim Royle might say, my aR5e!

They actually believe their own hype.......sad sacks.

Now that is just fabulous! I wonder what line of business he's in. Finger and toe counting perhaps.

No! don't tell me which club had to return FA Cup Final tickets and which one sold more than their allocation for a tin pot trophy final.

Bigger, as Jim Royle might say, my aR5e!

They actually believe their own hype.......sad sacks.

I know - in some ways that's the best thing about all this.

LOL!!!! Its the way they tell them!!!!!

Surely this is the work of one of us, making a satirical post to stereotype your average thick Skate? If so, well done, whoever it is; you've captured beautifully the lack of punctuation and the poor grammar that indicates the absence of a decent education that typifies your average Skate. Also the delusional qualities are all there too. Masterful!

I fear that this is no fake but an original.

No Saints fan could have replicated the style to that level, to use sentences that make this little sense could have wasted the joke, so I think this is genuine.

Note the rant-like quality, giving the impression that the whole paragraph was muttered through two teeth beneath crossed eyes, the way the reader is torn between tenses like Dr Who - this has all the hallmarks of a Paulsgrove window cleaner, circa 2011.

If it had originated from here there would be a reference to the bestest fans or plucky pompey, and maybe a suggestion to sign Berbatov.

IMO, this is an original, and that makes it even funnier - though not as funny as the £24M debt, or the 'fact' that our fanbase is barely 6,000 when you take off the freebies and the 2,500 that the likes of Tranmere brought down.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})