Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

1.4m in back pay is what's owed to TBH... Don't forget there's Tax and NI payments that will be due on that as well.....

Actuallly if the poster who said that he still had two years left on his contract was right, that's 1.4 in back pay and another 3.7 in wages over two years. If the russians were led to believe this wasnt owed and there was a breach of contract, that meant they didn't have to pay him, that is a delta of over 5 million....on just one player.

Three cheers for Peter

Taken from the dark side ;

I'm a disabled season ticket holder and rather Reluctantly renewed, just because I don't want to lose my place.

Anyway, I've just had a call from my bank to tell me that Zebra Finance are to take 4 lots of £155 out tomorrow!

I don't know who they are, but I just googled them and it says they do season tickets applications. Can somebody verify that they do Pompey's?

I am very p!ssed off, I think its pompey as I think the disabled ticket is £150 + £5 Sh!tty admin fee

Surely chinny didn't inflate the season ticket numbers by putting applications through more than once. I'm sure it is just one of those querky admin errors, that seem to happen a lot down there.

Note to russians That's three less season tickets off the total, I wonder how many more will be waking up to multiple payments.

I'm a disabled season ticket holder and rather Reluctantly renewed, just because I don't want to lose my place.

Anyway, I've just had a call from my bank to tell me that Zebra Finance are to take 4 lots of £155 out tomorrow!

I don't know who they are, but I just googled them and it says they do season tickets applications. Can somebody verify that they do Pompey's?

I am very p!ssed off, I think its pompey as I think the disabled ticket is £150 + £5 Sh!tty admin fee

Surely chinny didn't inflate the season ticket numbers by putting applications through more than once. I'm sure it is just one of those querky admin errors, that seem to happen a lot down there.

Note to russians That's three less season tickets off the total, I wonder how many more will be waking up to multiple payments.

:lol: STOP IT!!! please... I have just eaten!!! Ouch! Please! Stop!!!! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA!!! :lol:

Wow, that's a new low even for them... charging their disabled supporters 4 times. Wonder how long it will take the refund to come through... perhaps as part of another CVA, they might get 5% of their money back in about 5 years' time?

Its called ZEBRA FINANCE becuase they are gonna stripe them all up .......Boom Boom .

That's what happens when you ask people with webbed fingers to count for you - they try to count one but three other fingers get pulled in as well!! :D

Actuallly if the poster who said that he still had two years left on his contract was right, that's 1.4 in back pay and another 3.7 in wages over two years. If the russians were led to believe this wasnt owed and there was a breach of contract, that meant they didn't have to pay him, that is a delta of over 5 million....on just one player.

Three cheers for Peter

Plus NI :)

Peter, the gift that just keeps on giving :)

Wonder how long before pimpey try this ?

Stirling Albion's decision to charge hopefuls £200 for a trial has drawn criticism from players' union

representative Stuart Lovell.

"I'm not sure it's the right concept," Lovell told BBC Radio Scotland.

"I wouldn't say it was a publicity stunt but it was an opportunity for the club to make money.

"Eleven or 12 have been invited back to pre-season but that doesn't guarantee them anything. How many

of these guys are going to get a contract?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13739346.stm

:lol:

While this is all so hilarious the sad reality is that they will get away with it. There is too much wrong in the world of football and understanding this is something that Cheats FC are excellent at.

If Qatar winning the World Cup proved anything, it proved that FIFA was corrupt and it proved that cheats do prosper. I fully expect any embargo, if placed upon them, to be ignored. I fully expect any financial restrictions to be placed upon them to be ignored. I fully expect any points penalty placed against them in the future to be successfully appealed in court. With characters like Lampitt and the Russian mafia lurking, they have too much power.

On top of this, nobody has the balls to stand up and be the one to take them down. Injustice Mann proved this. I know that most of the footballing community are unaware of the whole story in this country - one of my mates who is a football fanatic said he would be "gutted to see them go", and I think that would be the case with a lot of people who just don't know the whole story. Therefore, who would want to be the one to kill them off? You would face the wrath of the average unaware football fan, the wrath of the violence that Pompey fans will likely conduct and most fearfully now, the wrath of the Russian mafia.

I sit here today laughing but also realistic. I will be pleasantly surprised if any more punishment is inflicted to them, even though it is obviously deserved. They have already gotten away with too much for it to be a coincedence.

In fact, doing the double over them next season would surely be both just, and punishment enough for the Cheats.

strange decision to turn down the Ipswich offer if he didn't have one from a club elsewhere.

Skates, like other clubs, but only in this instance, will start the contract on the 1st July when the old one has run out. Why pay an extra month before you have to? Although why they don't announce the deal probably means one isn't in place.

SkySportsNews:

Sky Sources: Brimingham seeking talks with Portsmouth manager Steve Cotterill - more on SSN

Are they mental? His stint down there has left him more deluded than ever and his Quality over Quantity approach outbidding the championships top clubs for players was marked as a success when it clearly wasnt.

But on the other hand LOL for Pompey as with 8 players and no manager (if he chooses to go) their season is looking good.

Edited by saintjay77

While this is all so hilarious the sad reality is that they will get away with it. There is too much wrong in the world of football and understanding this is something that Cheats FC are excellent at.

If Qatar winning the World Cup proved anything, it proved that FIFA was corrupt and it proved that cheats do prosper. I fully expect any embargo, if placed upon them, to be ignored. I fully expect any financial restrictions to be placed upon them to be ignored. I fully expect any points penalty placed against them in the future to be successfully appealed in court. With characters like Lampitt and the Russian mafia lurking, they have too much power.

On top of this, nobody has the balls to stand up and be the one to take them down. Injustice Mann proved this. I know that most of the footballing community are unaware of the whole story in this country - one of my mates who is a football fanatic said he would be "gutted to see them go", and I think that would be the case with a lot of people who just don't know the whole story. Therefore, who would want to be the one to kill them off? You would face the wrath of the average unaware football fan, the wrath of the violence that Pompey fans will likely conduct and most fearfully now, the wrath of the Russian mafia.

I sit here today laughing but also realistic. I will be pleasantly surprised if any more punishment is inflicted to them, even though it is obviously deserved. They have already gotten away with too much for it to be a coincedence.

In fact, doing the double over them next season would surely be both just, and punishment enough for the Cheats.

Punishment enough? You cannot be serious!

SkySportsNews:

Sky Sources: Brimingham seeking talks with Portsmouth manager Steve Cotterill - more on SSN

Are they mental? His stint down there has left him more deluded than ever and his Quality over Quantity approach outbidding the championships top clubs for players was marked as a success when it clearly wasnt.

But on the other hand LOL for Pompey as with 8 players and no manager (if he chooses to go) their season is looking good.

Serious question. Who would want to go there when Cotterill goes to St Andrews?

It's tricky but when Forrest have taken The England flop it suggests the barrel of available managers is pretty empty. So they would have to tempt someone away from a current job IMO which has got to be difficult when so many questions remain Un-answered. That said, it seems like it's only us lot that see so many problems so I'm sure they will find an idiot in need of a village somewhere.

the lure of Horton Heath could prove too much for Avram, he'd jump at the chance.

He could be slipping his CV through their back door at this very moment.

As they say in West Ham, Poopey & Horton Heath - there's nothing quite like going down with Uncle Avram

Very valid point. To be fair, Cotterill hasn't done too badly with all the crap he has had to deal with. It is seemingly a no-lose situation, because the manager can always turn around and said that he had to do his job with one hand tied behind his back. Look at Avram....WHU were stupid enough not to see that he was a crap manager as well. As for Cotterill, he has on the face of it been treated pretty badly by the new owners. I don't believe that they have had the decency to meet him yet, so if I was in his position and another job came up, I would be off quick smart. Which then leads back to your question.

The no-lose situation has now slightly changed after Cotterill got mid-table and that there are new owners who supposedly are going to rebuild the team. It will be interesting to see, but I wouldn't think that it would be that easy to fill the job. Maybe Tony Adams is a bit bored in Azerbaijan?

Oh thanks gang, brought a smile to my face this morning.

Not having innernet access while on hols is pretty grim, so glad to see that there were 4 pages of even more classic this morning

Snottrill off to Brum

Charging their disabled fsans 4 times for tickets

The Daily Snail article.

Keep it coming peeps, helps the Zywiec flow down perfectly

Nostrovia

Their current squad according to Wikipedia:

Ashdown

Mokoena

Hreidarsson

Lawrence

Mullins

Nugent

Kitson

Ward

Ben Haim

Kanu

Rocha

Tallack*

Stockford*

*Academy graduates signed on to 1 year pro contracts.

It's fair to say that Ben Haim won't be playing. So that leaves a squad of 12. Although Nugent has indicated he wants out.

Their current squad according to Wikipedia:

Ashdown

Mokoena

Hreidarsson

Lawrence

Mullins

Nugent

Kitson

Ward

Ben Haim

Kanu

Rocha

Tallack*

Stockford*

*Academy graduates signed on to 1 year pro contracts.

It's fair to say that Ben Haim won't be playing. So that leaves a squad of 12. Although Nugent has indicated he wants out.

Manager leaving just about now would be perfect then :)

Lol.

Made up of:

1GK

3CBs

1 full back?

1 CM

1 Winger

3 CFs

Two nippers, positions unknown.

They won't be counting Tallack and Stockford in their numbers, and those 2 won't count towards the 20 Quota, being first year graduates (like Ellis Martin, Perry Ryan etc last yr).

Ben Haim won't play.

Nugent and Hreidarsson are out of contract in a few days. Nugent won't stay, and it's unclear on Herman, so that leaves:

GK

Ashdown

DF

Mokoena

Rocha

MF

Mullins

Lawrence

Ward

FW

Kitson

Kanu (just retired from international, rumoured he would be retiring for good to concentrate on his charity, but since denied)

Incidentally, mentioning Herman, what looks out of place in this list from Kanu's testimonial from last night:

N****wo Kanu

Samuel Eto'o

Emmanuel Adebayor

Sulley Muntari

Rigobert Song

Emmanuel Eboue

Danny ****tu

Kalu Uche

Yakubu Ayegbeni

Peterside Idah

Ikechukwu Uche

Jean Makoun

Khalilou Fadiga

Anthony Baffoe

Jay-Jay Okocha

Sammy Kuffour

George Boateng

Joseph Yobo

Taye Taiwo

Herman Hreidarsson

Obinna Nsofor

Michael Essien

Kolo Toure

Stephen Appiah

Kalusha Bwalya

John Utaka

Finidi George

Mutiu Adepoju

Obinna Nwaneri

Yakubu Ayegbeni

Elderson Echiejile

Onyekachi Okonkwo

Raphael Chukwu

Daniel Amokachi

Uche Okechukwu

Ogbonnaya Kanu

1451444_full-lnd.jpg

They won't be counting Tallack and Stockford in their numbers, and those 2 won't count towards the 20 Quota, being first year graduates (like Ellis Martin, Perry Ryan etc last yr).

Ben Haim won't play.

Nugent and Hreidarsson are out of contract in a few days. Nugent won't stay, and it's unclear on Herman, so that leaves:

GK

Ashdown

DF

Mokoena

Rocha

MF

Mullins

Lawrence

Ward

FW

Kitson

Kanu (just retired from international, rumoured he would be retiring for good to concentrate on his charity, but since denied)

Incidentally, mentioning Herman, what looks out of place in this list from Kanu's testimonial from last night:

N****wo Kanu

Samuel Eto'o

Emmanuel Adebayor

Sulley Muntari

Rigobert Song

Emmanuel Eboue

Danny ****tu

Kalu Uche

Yakubu Ayegbeni

Peterside Idah

Ikechukwu Uche

Jean Makoun

Khalilou Fadiga

Anthony Baffoe

Jay-Jay Okocha

Sammy Kuffour

George Boateng

Joseph Yobo

Taye Taiwo

Herman Hreidarsson

Obinna Nsofor

Michael Essien

Kolo Toure

Stephen Appiah

Kalusha Bwalya

John Utaka

Finidi George

Mutiu Adepoju

Obinna Nwaneri

Yakubu Ayegbeni

Elderson Echiejile

Onyekachi Okonkwo

Raphael Chukwu

Daniel Amokachi

Uche Okechukwu

Ogbonnaya Kanu

1451444_full-lnd.jpg

:lol:

Lol.

Made up of:

1GK

3CBs

1 full back?

1 CM

1 Winger

3 CFs

Two nippers, positions unknown.

and as soon as the squad registration approaches, they'll play the same sob story to the FL about how they don't have enough players, the FL will grant them an exemption and they'll go and sign Carlos Tevez et al. on god knows what a week

Ben Haim won't play.

GK

Ashdown

DF

Mokoena

Rocha

MF

Mullins

Lawrence

Ward

FW

Kitson

Hopefully the fixture computer throws out a south coast derby early on. Even if they do spend some money it should take a while for their team to gel whilst we should be on a high.

Away at Fratton some time in August would be nice.

more important question is

who is going to get the 40,000th post? ;)

Corpy announcing Maradonna replacing Cotterill, and his first signing being Rivaldo, bankrolled by the new owners....and the full circle is complete....

It's amazing. Within a week of the takeover being completed, out of the woodwork comes;

1) Ben Haim - Owed 1.4 plus potentially another 3.7 million for the remainder of his contract.

2) Season ticket numbers that don't add up

3) Potential transfer embargo looming

4) A done deal with Norris, just waiting and waiting and waiting for the FL to ratify it.

Old chinny is no fool

SkySportsNews:

This is excellent work by Brum. Best case - The Clot goes to Brum, PFC have to find a new manager which will delay their player acquisitions as any potential signings will want to see who the new boss is. Worst case - its just a rumour, but delays a few things anyway and cast a bit of doubt in some players minds.

So unless Clot comes out in the next 24 hours and declares his undying love for fishy folk whilst categorically denying he will leave, then this whole Brum situation can only cause a few problems for them.

Meanwhile, into the 3rd week at Southwark Crown Court

Just how long is this trial scheduled for?

As long as it takes is my guess; trials of this nature are often lengthy affairs, owing to the complexity of the evidence being put forward.

This is excellent work by Brum. Best case - The Clot goes to Brum, PFC have to find a new manager which will delay their player acquisitions as any potential signings will want to see who the new boss is. Worst case - its just a rumour, but delays a few things anyway and cast a bit of doubt in some players minds.

So unless Clot comes out in the next 24 hours and declares his undying love for fishy folk whilst categorically denying he will leave, then this whole Brum situation can only cause a few problems for them.

Have Birmingham really fallen that far?

Replacing McLeish with Clot ... sad days indeed for the Blue Noses.

But who in their right mind would step in to replace Clot if he does go?

Oh well, Awford it is then, I suspect ..... :D

People that are stupid/dodgy enough to go to Pompey:

Grant

Davies

Burley

Ince

Keane

Got it in one.

Billy Davies will be the prime candidate should Cotterill leave.

It would be comedy gold if they appointed Burley. Can't wait to see Liam Lawrence playing at right back

SkySportsNews:

I just dont think some Skates get it, this was posted on one of their forums, followed by "I agree" from others.

"I think Pompey should appear to be a more exciting prospect than Birmingham at this moment in time. We have just been taken over by a company who seem to be in it for the long haul and want success, and essentially we are starting from scrap, which gives any manager the opportunity to create a name for themselves by creating success and a legacy (so to speak) which will be (largely) down to them.

No offense to Birmingham, but they have just been relegated, and even though they have just been in the prem, history shows that never guarantees immediate returns. If SC stays he will have free control to finally build his own team with far less restrictions, and the backing of (most) fans."

Brum have a full squad, are in Europe are not committed to a CVA, but Skates are a "better prospect"

"far less restrictions" at Pompey, what are they on?

I just dont think some Skates get it, this was posted on one of their forums, followed by "I agree" from others.

"I think Pompey should appear to be a more exciting prospect than Birmingham at this moment in time. We have just been taken over by a company who seem to be in it for the long haul and want success, and essentially we are starting from scrap, which gives any manager the opportunity to create a name for themselves by creating success and a legacy (so to speak) which will be (largely) down to them.

No offense to Birmingham, but they have just been relegated, and even though they have just been in the prem, history shows that never guarantees immediate returns. If SC stays he will have free control to finally build his own team with far less restrictions, and the backing of (most) fans."

Brum have a full squad, are in Europe are not committed to a CVA, but Skates are a "better prospect"

Love the highlighted bit.

He got something right though

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})