Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Apart from Mack and Mero are there any other decent skates?

I have to give some acknowledgment to that pfc fella as his recent visits have been much more humble and accepting of the recent situatation. Only showing up when all appears to be well squashes any positive feeling though as it comes accross like he is here to gloat. Hasnt seemed to work out too well for him so far though. lol

Meeting Corpy face to face would be just too much for many I fear - not least Corpy himself.

On the subject of Avram Grant, his name is an anagram of Vagrant Ram. This may not be relevant, but it seems fitting somehow.

Funny you should mention that, Vladimir Antonov is the anagram of Invalid V.A.T. moron. Some hidden meaning, maybe?

Norris was a done deal, and that was before Cotterill had this massive transfer warchest to build his promotion team with.

Or perhaps there's a new problem...

Players regarded pompey as a poor club that would outbid anyone.

Now they have rich new owners, they can pay even more!

A bit like us when everyone thought we had Chamberlain money burning a hole in our pockets and upped prices for any potential signings.

pompey gave out long £20K a week contracts when they were trading insolvently, so no decent player will want to come for less now they are rich.

Someone cynical would say that all this transfer talk is a just a ploy to sell some season tickets to the gullible few, before the shit hits the fan.

Spoke to one of the few earlier this evening. He was very excited about their new owners and told me that it was no problem that they only had 8 squad members because "these new blokes have loads of money and will buy us some good players."

I tried to explain to him that this wasn't the case but he couldn't have taken any less notice of what I was saying if he stuck his fingers in his ears and went "lalalalalala, I can't hear you." He then started going on about the 4-1 cup game at which point I gave up trying to have a conversation with him and walked off.

Mind you The News seem to think the Norris transfer is a "done deal" and that Brian Howard has "issued a come-and-get-me plea" to the club.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/cotterill_gets_set_for_owner_talks_1_2755507

So maybe soon they'll only be 1 player away from fielding a full 11. Hmm.

Spoke to one of the few earlier this evening. He was very excited about their new owners and told me that it was no problem that they only had 8 squad members because "these new blokes have loads of money and will buy us some good players."

I tried to explain to him that this wasn't the case but he couldn't have taken any less notice of what I was saying if he stuck his fingers in his ears and went "lalalalalala, I can't hear you." He then started going on about the 4-1 cup game at which point I gave up trying to have a conversation with him and walked off.

Mind you The News seem to think the Norris transfer is a "done deal" and that Brian Howard has "issued a come-and-get-me plea" to the club.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/cotterill_gets_set_for_owner_talks_1_2755507

So maybe soon they'll only be 1 player away from fielding a full 11. Hmm.

Lmao, such a typical interaction with a Skate. Absolutely remorseless and completely oblivious to any financial commitments they have or people they've screwed in the past.

Anyway, from that article:

Reading’s Brian Howard has issued a come-and-get-me-plea to Cotterill.

The highly sought-after midfielder is to get away from the Madejski after finding first-team football opportunities increasingly difficult to come by. However, it is understood there are players above him in Cotterill’s wish list

I love it how they're now getting picky since the takeover.

well here is my confession - no joke, this is for real!

I recently stumbled across John W******d....

I thought it only polite to mention the subject of football - he wasn'ty too worried about my roots, he said he knows loads of scummers.

Rather refreshingly I got more sense out of him that your average pompey supporter.

No excitement about new owners, big spending sprees or any of that gloating denial rubbish.

He just wants to watch pompey, and he doesn't care what division they are in.

We also agreed that life outside of the top flight for both clubs hasn't been the end of the world (!).

So when I next meet a dim skate who starts on about new stadiums, 4-1 etc, I can honestly say that I've heard more sense from a CWAB who wears clown shoes and a big hat.

Any news on the court case.

Adjourned for sentancing is what I'd like to see

I was looking on thelawpages yesterday and couldn't find the case. Maybe it's over or maybe just adjourned till a later date?

Might message BBC_Matt to see if he knows anything?

I love this line in Pompey Pravda about Nugent going to Leicester -

Eriksson has been linked with a host of top-line strikers as he looks to buy his way into the Premier League.!!!!!

They just don't get irony on Portsea Island, do they?

Interesting also that the big-spending new owners can't keep one of their 'own'.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/blues_star_man_poised_for_exit_1_2757263

Eriksson has been linked with a host of top-line strikers as he looks to buy his way into the Premier League.!!!!!

Interesting also that the big-spending new owners can't keep one of their 'own'.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/blues_star_man_poised_for_exit_1_2757263

I like the bit in the article where they are supposed to be in line to sign Darren Shackell.

Barnsley have turned down bids of £700,000 for him, and he is available to any club prepared to meet the £1m asking price.

Where are p****y getting £1m from to sign players?

If i was a creditor, I would certainly want to know how they can find £1m for a player, but not pay the measly 20p in the pound that I am owed.

Absolutely no morals or conscience whatsoever.

You would like to think they are first on the FL's hit list of clubs who should be living within their means.

I like the bit in the article where they are supposed to be in line to sign Darren Shackell.

Barnsley have turned down bids of £700,000 for him, and he is available to any club prepared to meet the £1m asking price.

Where are p****y getting £1m from to sign players?

If i was a creditor, I would certainly want to know how they can find £1m for a player, but not pay the measly 20p in the pound that I am owed.

Absolutely no morals or conscience whatsoever.

You would like to think they are first on the FL's hit list of clubs who should be living within their means.

They're not.

It's speculation to placate the grat unwashed and sell local newspapers. Nowt more.

had me worried there for a mo - thankfully Kanu has denied these retirement rumours so his ridiculously inflated contract will continue to cripple their wagebill for another two years, until he's 50.

Doh! if we only pay king Kanoooooooo till hes 50, then he owes us money,

Love the way it says(Blues star player) No wonder we were in so deep, That useless sack of **** for the 1st three years would of had trouble scoring with Avram, Never seen a player fall over his own feet as much as him, Good bye Hoof,

Mack, you're sounding all depressed old fella - cheer up, you have rich new owners, a magnificent manager who performed miracles last season even though every ref had it in for him, and the Russians are about to go on a massive spending spree that will make Redknapp look like a spendthrift - things are looking up!

And don't forget, Saints are in deep financial trouble, losing money every week, we don't own our stadium and we are heading back into administration any day soon.

What more could you want from life?....

****ing 'ell... The posts on the dodgy ruskie loan sharks Facebook page are utterly vomit inducing.... I've never seen so much fawning and arse licking in one place...

I liked the one where he boasts of having a new car, a Spyker and that he will give it to the player of the season next year. What a cock

Mack, you're sounding all depressed old fella - cheer up, you have rich new owners, a magnificent manager who performed miracles last season even though every ref had it in for him, and the Russians are about to go on a massive spending spree that will make Redknapp look like a spendthrift - things are looking up!

And don't forget, Saints are in deep financial trouble, losing money every week, we don't own our stadium and we are heading back into administration any day soon.

If only part of your post was true. Still at least we produce a cracking match day program.

If only part of your post was true. Still at least we produce a cracking match day program.

I do feel for you. At least when we were down and feeling sorry for ourselves we could consle ouselves with the knowledge that we had our world class catering and the leading radio station on the south coast.

I do feel for you. At least when we were down and feeling sorry for ourselves we could consle ouselves with the knowledge that we had our world class catering and the leading radio station on the south coast.

And a magnificent picture of a train.....

Don't forget the arena!

nice one Mack -

'Welcome to Portsmouth - the city of quality matchday programmes' - that should be on a banner across the M275.

On a completely random note, I've seen Arsenal and Chelsea hospitality tickets printed locally as well, presumably so a London company didn't produce twice the required amount.

nice one Mack -

'Welcome to Portsmouth - the city of quality matchday programmes' - that should be on a banner across the M275.

On a completely random note, I've seen Arsenal and Chelsea hospitality tickets printed locally as well, presumably so a London company didn't produce twice the required amount.

On Hewlett Packards in caravans?

On Hewlett Packards in caravans?

Mmm...from the Portsmouth 'The News' reporter........

pn_Emma_Judd Emma Judd

Hearing there will be no CSI press conference next week, but I will find out if I'm to meet the new #pompey owners soon, so I'm being told.

And there's more......

pn_Emma_Judd Emma Judd @

@tomdearie Dunno. Dubov was supposed to be in Cyprus with DL but our mole there hasn't seen him. First priority is for them to meet SC!!

Edited by saint lard

Mmm...from the Portsmouth 'The News' reporter........

pn_Emma_Judd Emma Judd

Hearing there will be no CSI press conference next week, but I will find out if I'm to meet the new #pompey owners soon, so I'm being told.

And there's more......

pn_Emma_Judd Emma Judd @

@tomdearie Dunno. Dubov was supposed to be in Cyprus with DL but our mole there hasn't seen him. First priority is for them to meet SC!!

Edited by saint lard

It's fantastic.

These new guys are clowns, they report news via their personal facebook and twitter accounts.

When do ''proper'' owners do that? TBF i'm not surprised, only dodgy people and madmen would have bought them out.

It's fantastic.

These new guys are clowns, they report news via their personal facebook and twitter accounts.

When do ''proper'' owners do that? TBF i'm not surprised, only dodgy people and madmen would have bought them out.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})