Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think the (or rather a) problem with the FAPPT is that its just a list of things to be checked rather than a subjective decision based on all the evidence. So its quite easy to pass the letter of the tests whilst obviously not being a FAPP. I suspect it is obvious to the league they are not FAPP but that within the constraints of their test they had to pass them.

Indeed. Isn't it:

a) have you been convicted of any financial crimes? No.

b) have you been a director of a football club that entered insolvency (twice I think?)? No.

Darth Vader, Fred West and Piers Morgan would pass that FFS.

Although I do like a good laugh myself and it is rather funny the new information that we have. But really people how much can we actually believe from someone posting stuff about the russian maffias movements and their ideas for various crimes to commit on the internet. If it was true do you really see someone posting it all over the internet? probably not as they would not be here to type anything else.

WOW, I mean just WOW!!! That's all I have to say on this story!

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post

LOL what do we have here?

http://www.rumafia.com/material.php?id=220

Apologies if already posted.

I do think that should be Pompey's new home page for their website

I thought some of you still come on POL ? this was doing the rounds along time ago

I thought some of you still come on POL ? this was doing the rounds along time ago

And yet there were no protests from ''The Bestest Fans In The World'', no marches, no websites created.....not a peep because any money is good money for DFCSB.

Skates: ''Oh yeah, Russian Billionaire....that'll do fine!''

Can't beleive you didn't post it on here for us all when it was doing the rounds, that's just selfish Merov. (don't get excited, I said selfish, not shellfish!)

Absolutely f*****g splendid. The dumb f***s were already mouthing off thinking they were sorted, I tried to warn them that the last two times they have done that they ended up with egg on there faces... But they continued. I have just brought them back down to earth.

Mwahahahaha... Mwahahahahahahahaaaaa... MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Well, I was predicting that Chinny would pull the plug if his gamble to go up to the Sky Money League failed, but I must admit I didn't expect him to do it this way. It gives a whole new meaning to "liquidators". And, as an icing on the cake, it actually has raised the few's hopes again before the horror is going to set in. :lol:

"at least our owner is still alive." was the response I received from forwarding reality.

After the shit hits the fan I think they're going to wish they had a dead owner, or another non-existent owner. :lol:

"Last year he was given peanuts and he delivered."

Amazing, they outbid the likes of billionaire-owned QPR for players by offering peanuts.

"Magnificent" doesn't even begin to describe that achievement.

Any prospective owner of a Football League club has to pass The League’s Owners and Directors’ Test (which can be viewed here http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20100801/appendix-4_2293633_2128219).
You don't have to read down very far to find, what should be, the first hurdle they would fall at!

'Dishonest Act' means any act which would reasonably be considered to be dishonest.

And these charlatans passed it or, more likely, the FL didn't even apply anything in their rules to them!

No wonder the pikeyskates blame the Authorities!

You don't have to read down very far to find, what should be, the first hurdle they would fall at!

And these charlatans passed it or, more likely, the FL didn't even apply anything in their rules to them!

No wonder the pikeyskates blame the Authorities!

i sent a link to one of the items on the saga asking how people pass the FPPT, and are allowed to own a British football club. I was sent back the link of their rules adding that they cannot comment on any links or posts included.

Its like dealing with FIFA, I feel that whichever football club it is they don't care as long as money is being brought in.

I feel sad that a sport that I have adored all my life is tarnished by such goings on.

I accept it is naive not to think these things are not around, and am certain in the past that our own club has been involved in unsavoury actions, but as football fans it is distasteful.

i sent a link to one of the items on the saga asking how people pass the FPPT, and are allowed to own a British football club. I was sent back the link of their rules adding that they cannot comment on any links or posts included.

Its like dealing with FIFA, I feel that whichever football club it is they don't care as long as money is being brought in.

I feel sad that a sport that I have adored all my life is tarnished by such goings on.

I accept it is naive not to think these things are not around, and am certain in the past that our own club has been involved in unsavoury actions, but as football fans it is distasteful.

Suspect the problem is that though it is apparently well known the dodgy links between these folks and the russian mafia without proof such as the record of a conviction or the like then they can sail past the tests.

just returned safely from portsea island.

I know there are rough places everywhere but I hadn't even got out of the car before I saw a fat bird with no knickers and transparent tight leggings, and a bloke with a homemade tat the length of his leg - they and their Turkey Twizzler-fuelled, cross-eyed kids were waddling off to stick their little fat fingers in greasy chip bags.

(sounded like Dune for a mo there!)

It was like a trailer for Trainspotting meets Shameless, god knows what tourists make of it as they head down to Warrior.

Makes you realise that most people down there don't know or care about where Russians get their money from, it's beyond their world.

I suppose it makes it so much easier for Cotterill and Lampitt to fool them with feeble spin.

What I don't get is how the more sensible end of their fanbase can pretend that most of the few are normal - it is definitely a club for local people.

All clubs have an unsavoury element, but most keep it to a minority.

You should send the link to 'the news' in pompy and the pompy boards to see if they still think everything good now! As well as the Football League and demand they investigate!!!! Nice COYS

I sent it to Matt Slater at the BBC who was digging into it last night to see if he could make it stand up

So Lampit is meeting with the supporters trusts next week... I can't wait to see what happens when they find out Chinny still owns Fratton Park... essentially, CSI seem to only own 8 players and a golden share in the Championship....

For real or a bit of guess work?

It's all a bit quiet, not sure why clotterill hasn't snapped up his three players who were just waiting in the wings and ready to sign. I am sure it is just logistics as he hasn't even met the russians yet. I wouldn't read to much into that though, 60 miles up the A3 is long drive and they are all very very busy people. True to form, though, the natives are getting restless..... no no, not about the distinguished pasts of their new owners or indeed where the money is coming from.... They justy want the money and want it now.... they could lose out on kaka at this rate.

It's all a bit quiet, not sure why clotterill hasn't snapped up his three players who were just waiting in the wings and ready to sign. I am sure it is just logistics as he hasn't even met the russians yet. I wouldn't read to much into that though, 60 miles up the A3 is long drive and they are all very very busy people. True to form, though, the natives are getting restless..... no no, not about the distinguished pasts of their new owners or indeed where the money is coming from.... They justy want the money and want it now.... they could lose out on kaka at this rate.

It's actually gone very, very quiet indeed.... A bit unusual for a supposed millionaire takeover. Guess we will know, wether they are actual millionaires or just the usual tire kickers....

I'm curious to see exactly what they have bought....

Loan sharks don't lend interest free for a year or two then surrender all gambling cards without a decent payday.

If the figure of £15M is accurate it really wouldn't surprise me if he has held onto the ground and is renting it to them.

That was his original golden ticket to halt the child-maimer's plans, without the ground he has no control over his business enemy, nor the new owners.

With it he has full control of all - and the opportunity to ask top dollar for it down the line.

I can't see why he would include it for less than £20M - or has he still got first claim on transfers in?

There must be some little gem in the small print if he sold 'the club' for £15M.

Let's remember that any allegations aside, and there are a lot of them, these are the guys that couldn't produce enough funds to impress Bournemouth enough to even start negotiations.

To do all they want they need £100M to start with.

Their personal wealth isn't big enough to buy Bournemouth.

So, did I mention? - the figures don't stack up.

The beauty and best thing about this thread is it's continuing ability to deliver nuclear bombs in nutshells.

Extract from the Land Registry entry:

Proprietorship Register

Title Absolute

(10.01.2011) PROPRIETOR: PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB (2010) LIMITED (Co. Regn. No. 07264768 ) of Fratton Park, Frogmore Road, Southsea, Hants PO4 8RA.

(05.11.2009) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate by the proprietor of the registered estate is to be registered without a written consent signed by the proprietor for the time being of the charge dated 6 October 2009 in favour of Portpin Limited referred to in the Charges Register or without a certificate signed by each conveyancer of the Charge that the provisions of the Charge have been complied with or that they do not apply to the disposition.

(10.01.2011) The price stated to have been paid on 7 December 2010 was £7,042,000.

Charges Register

(03.06.2011) Proprietor: CONVERS SPORTS INITIATIVES PLC (Co. Regn. No. 07375628 ) of 2nd Floor, 159A Chase Side, Enfield, Middlesex EN2 0PW.

So, it looks to me as if the ground belongs to PFC, but has a mortgage against it; this mortgage being held by CSI. I'm not a property lawyer, so if anyone on here can interpret this further PM me and I'll send you the full LR copy.

Extract from the Land Registry entry:

Proprietorship Register

Title Absolute

(10.01.2011) PROPRIETOR: PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB (2010) LIMITED (Co. Regn. No. 07264768 ) of Fratton Park, Frogmore Road, Southsea, Hants PO4 8RA.

(05.11.2009) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate by the proprietor of the registered estate is to be registered without a written consent signed by the proprietor for the time being of the charge dated 6 October 2009 in favour of Portpin Limited referred to in the Charges Register or without a certificate signed by each conveyancer of the Charge that the provisions of the Charge have been complied with or that they do not apply to the disposition.

(10.01.2011) The price stated to have been paid on 7 December 2010 was £7,042,000.

Charges Register

(03.06.2011) Proprietor: CONVERS SPORTS INITIATIVES PLC (Co. Regn. No. 07375628 ) of 2nd Floor, 159A Chase Side, Enfield, Middlesex EN2 0PW.

So, it looks to me as if the ground belongs to PFC, but has a mortgage against it; this mortgage being held by CSI. I'm not a property lawyer, so if anyone on here can interpret this further PM me and I'll send you the full LR copy.

Gobledegook, but I read it as still being owned by Portpin!

There was a supporters meeting on Saturday. Point nine made me lol:

9. Stadium Improvements

Mick and Steve T had been round all the toilets at FP. They all now have rooves. There are inadequate numbers of toilets in the South Stand and no hot water.

The Fratton End clock cannot be repaired at present, but it is being looked into

Everything may now change with new owners.

:D

There was a supporters meeting on Saturday. Point nine made me lol:

9. Stadium Improvements

Mick and Steve T had been round all the toilets at FP. They all now have rooves. There are inadequate numbers of toilets in the South Stand and no hot water.

The Fratton End clock cannot be repaired at present, but it is being looked into

Everything may now change with new owners.

:D

Genius!

''Fratton park is falling down, poor old pompey"

Where is Saint_John with all the High Court news?

Still going on in Southwark Crown Court 7 tomorrow.

http://www.courtserve.net/courtlists/current/crown/sthwk_T110608.01.htm

Monday (6th) there seemed to be some sort of issue with the servers (?) or something because the all the cases seem to start at exactly 13:28 whereas most had started earlier.

The only entry from "InCourts" was a repeat of the final entry from Friday

13:28:00: Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 3 Continues - 12:03

(http://incourts.co.uk/Daily/Monday/Southwark.html)

so I think that might be residual info from friday http://incourts.co.uk/Daily/Friday/Southwark.html

Today (7th) didn't start until 11:00 and "Lawpages" had something strange, it produced 2 entries for the same Court 7 case ?

T20107431 milan mandaric

T20097808 peter storrie

T20107415

Which at one stage this afternoon said something about Witness 4.

However there is another entry (with only PS) that just says Witness 6 has been sworn in this morning.

T20097808 peter storrie

Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 6 Sworn - 11:17

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Southwark-crown-court.php

So I am not sure what is going on.

? Some of those entries could be the missing ones from Monday??

? Why is there a entry for Storrieteller on his own (both were at court today I believe PS at 10:07 & MM at 11:08 ) ??? (MM changes sides ??, MM case dropped ??, Computer Error ??)

Just spotted this on football-rumours.co.uk:

07 Jun 2011 16:55:24

pompey fc up for sale again as new owners can't raise cash for new players , top sports story for tomorrow when released this evening.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if Chainrai retains ownership. Having new owners who haven't visited the ground or said anything apart from that they are deferring statements, seems somewhat odd. If it does happen it would be funny as ****.

Are you 'fission' for some sort of punchline there Colin?

Skates..nuclear...fission.....

Ah feck! :blush: Where's my coat? :cry:

Well, that went down like a Polaris at a CND meeting. ;)

Yeah, i'm getting my coat too.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if Chainrai retains ownership. Having new owners who haven't visited the ground or said anything apart from that they are deferring statements, seems somewhat odd. If it does happen it would be funny as ****.

No it wouldn't be funny at all

it would be the final straw

Why? because it would leave the lot of us on here in need of extensive medical & psychological help. Do you have ANY idea how much damage banging your head on a computer keybaord in bouts of hysterical laughter can do?

And what about the water damage to our laptops from the floods of tears?

No please, this week has been crazy enough, PLEASE we can't take it anymore!

Slightest hint of MUCHIO LOL'age at their expense and I notice an absentee in recent posts. Strange that....

All will probably work out to be somewhere in between a complete collapse and world domination but as the twists and turns keep coming it seems like we are on the biggest and best roller coaster of all time and the thrills keep on coming. :D

So, what could be happening down the road.

Analysing the fact that the Russkies are Bankers, what is most likely to happen is that somehow the Russkies would pay with some form of Bank Instrument - can't see it being cash, they wouldn't need to move that.

So Chinny gets some form of paper that he can then place into a bank and have converted maybe a Bond? he gets a piece of paper, gets that turned into his money then steps back and walks away thinking "that was a close one".

Maybe that paper has some time line on it, certain things have to happen in certain order - no idea but watching the Banks send us all boobs up I'm sure it's all paper to start with, so maybe Chinny keeps his hand on the mortgage deeds (more paper)

Anyway the thing is some bank moves a piece of paper to another bank and Chinny gets the equivalent of a loan fully guaranteed by the piece of paper.

(ie walks away with cash no questions asked)

Move a piece of paper worth 30 mil out of Russia. Not that hard for these experts I would guess.

4 weeks later sell the club for 3mil cash to a scrap dealer. Perfect. They've turned a piece of paper into cash thank you very much and can afford to fill their McLaren F1 motor up with gas for another year.

Won't be how it is but won't be far off conceptually. All we need now is someone on here who understands global banking systems and tradeable papers.

Phil, I think you should be OK. After all it's on football-rumours and they are about as a reliable source as my dog.

So think I mention some time ago was getting IP advice on stuff from future son-in-law.

Found out today what really "important" job a good industry mate of his is now doing :rolleyes:

Must buy extra beers when I see him next week :suspicious:

CSI announce 'meeting/presss conference' next week........on facebook page....from POL....

@mayfield

yeah just had a look

"If everything goes smoothly, we will have press conference next week, but now, feel free to post your questions in comments to this post, it will give us a picture of what fans what to know. We won't answer then now, but you will get some answers during that conference. =)" they are even doing smilies ffs are these people for real?

Made me chuckle,just lovin' those smilies!!!lol.

I'm curious to see exactly what they have bought....

Loan sharks don't lend interest free for a year or two then surrender all gambling cards without a decent payday.

If the figure of £15M is accurate it really wouldn't surprise me if he has held onto the ground and is renting it to them.

That was his original golden ticket to halt the child-maimer's plans, without the ground he has no control over his business enemy, nor the new owners.

With it he has full control of all - and the opportunity to ask top dollar for it down the line.

I can't see why he would include it for less than £20M - or has he still got first claim on transfers in?

There must be some little gem in the small print if he sold 'the club' for £15M.

Let's remember that any allegations aside, and there are a lot of them, these are the guys that couldn't produce enough funds to impress Bournemouth enough to even start negotiations.

i have it on very good authority, that the sum paid by the russians, is in fact

less than £100

I see that Pompey are entitled to 50% of any fee for Jason Pearce of Bompey. Would this money go to the creditors as the deal was done by the old company and is a football debt which must be paid in full. Or would the new company get the fee of course the ew company don't need it as their all billionaires.

i have it on very good authority, that the sum paid by the russians, is in fact

less than £100

If that is the case then it makes more sense. I presume that that sum does not include Fratton Park. If it all goes tits up then they haven't lost much and could liquidate the company and walk away. They would have to do it early on so as not to be struck off as directors of their other businesses in this country if they were to trade while insolvent.

"If everything goes smoothly, we will have press conference next week, but now, feel free to post your questions in comments to this post, it will give us a picture of what fans what to know. We won't answer then now, but you will get some answers during that conference. =)"

Sort of begs the question, exactly how unsmooth does it have to get to not be able to arrange a press conference?

If that is the case then it makes more sense. I presume that that sum does not include Fratton Park. If it all goes tits up then they haven't lost much and could liquidate the company and walk away. They would have to do it early on so as not to be struck off as directors of their other businesses in this country if they were to trade while insolvent.

I'm sure they won't worry about a minor detail like that !!

:)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})