Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

These two posts sum it up for me. Can't believe some Saints fans are still trying to be so smug on here, it's provided me with no enjoyment whatsoever, let this thread drift on into history.

Right now I agree with you that is sucks to see them seemingly to have gotton away with so much. But I still think there will be some twists to come. I doubt more and more than any twists will be just rewards for what they have done in the past so many years but all the same I think there is still some millage.

I am still tyrying to figure out how these Ruskies see Pompey as being a good investment? With other clubs around that need less work and effort for the same results with a bigger catchment area to grow the fan base and for less money. I cant see Chainrai letting the club go for a big loss so assuming its gone for around 15mil there is still 2 3rds of a team to buy and a nice chunk of land to purchase off Gaydamak. And if they see Pompey as a team that can return to the prem then funding a team to push for promotion is not going to be a cheap afair either. Something still seems dodgy about it all and there are plenty of questions yet to be answered. So while this thread might move away from being a pompey takeover thread I think it will live long and prosper as things down the road continue to unfold.

They don't see them as a good investment! They seem them as a perfect way to clean up their cash. They have already stated they are in it for "business only".

That probably applies one way or another to the majority of football club owners throughout the top four divisions in this country.

Calm down people :)

This is Pompey we're talking about!

They had the absolute best team - on paper - in the entire league last season, and look what happened with Clotterill in charge :D

I've heard no plans to get rid of him, so even with 10 more signings - just to be able to complete the fixtures! - they're still fecked. Off they go to league 1 pretty soon, then they will bottom out in league 2 with 3,000 of the bestest fans in the world turning up to the rotten cesspit once a fortnight. That, dear Nick, will be toast :D

Not enjoyed it??

A rubbish manager who visits a grubby brothel in his club tracksuit driven there by his club driver paid for by season ticket holders.

An administrator who signs autographs, people who sell landmines and are wanted for war crimes paying over the top wages to buy success, World Cup tickets for the Maradona Stand at the Harbourdome anyone?

An owner that doesn't even exist, Al Fahim in his Gob****e shirt that is way too small, insane Ho making all those ludicrous claims, and let's not forget players who won't even play taking millions out of the club! - what is there not to like about this whole saga?...It's been hilarious!

Ken Dodd has a lesson to learn here - a comedy show shouldn't last a paltry four hours, it should go on for two years and everytime you think it's over and you get up to leave because you cannot laugh nor wet yourself anymore - they come back out on stage and Avram makes his speech, or Cotterill blames a ref - it's been top draw comedy gold from start to....well, I'm not sure the laughs are over yet.

This might just be another interval.

I thought a year ago that we had our moneysworth out of their fall and let's face it they were cup winners and in the Prem when this fiasco started - how do we define getting away with it? Ask the few how much fun they've had, the ones I know are broken men.

The soap opera has really have been very entertaining and I for one have found it all most uplifting - I would like a finale with points penalties but I can't complain about entertainment value thus far.

Does that make me a bad person?

Probably, then again I'm on the frontline and have suffered several years of gobby pikeys so I'm entitled to have a bitter streak.

If you live in Southampton and never see a pompey fan, feel free to have no opinion on them.

For the rest of us - bring it on, let's have some Russian laughs now, starting with the Arena!

It's been quoted that they need to find £15M for Chanrai - but has he included the ground for that?

Are they renting it? Would any loan shark let all his power go without recouping his full amount?

If they are serious in the next few years they need maybe £15M for the child-maimer, £75M to build, £10M for players, £30M for wages, £16M for cva.

That's enough to buy three or four established Prem teams......

There is hardly any parachute money available once football debts are cleared.

If they want to 'exchange' money they pile £100M in and will then own a club worth about half of that - good business?

They need to go up.

So this thread still has legs, though the originator may perhaps like to set up a renaming ceremony for those that have enjoyed it?

Put me on that guestlist.

Not enjoyed it??

A rubbish manager who visits a grubby brothel in his club tracksuit driven there by his club driver paid for by season ticket holders.

An administrator who signs autographs, people who sell landmines and are wanted for war crimes paying over the top wages to buy success, World Cup tickets for the Maradona Stand at the Harbourdome anyone?

An owner that doesn't even exist, Al Fahim in his Gob****e shirt that is way too small, insane Ho making all those ludicrous claims, and let's not forget players who won't even play taking millions out of the club! - what is there not to like about this whole saga?...It's been hilarious!

Ken Dodd has a lesson to learn here - a comedy show shouldn't last a paltry four hours, it should go on for two years and everytime you think it's over and you get up to leave because you cannot laugh nor wet yourself anymore - they come back out on stage and Avram makes his speech, or Cotterill blames a ref - it's been top draw comedy gold from start to....well, I'm not sure the laughs are over yet.

This might just be another interval.

I thought a year ago that we had our moneysworth out of their fall and let's face it they were cup winners and in the Prem when this fiasco started - how do we define getting away with it? Ask the few how much fun they've had, the ones I know are broken men.

The soap opera has really have been very entertaining and I for one have found it all most uplifting - I would like a finale with points penalties but I can't complain about entertainment value thus far.

Does that make me a bad person?

Probably, then again I'm on the frontline and have suffered several years of gobby pikeys so I'm entitled to have a bitter streak.

If you live in Southampton and never see a pompey fan, feel free to have no opinion on them.

For the rest of us - bring it on, let's have some Russian laughs now, starting with the Arena!

It's been quoted that they need to find £15M for Chanrai - but has he included the ground for that?

Are they renting it? Would any loan shark let all his power go without recouping his full amount?

If they are serious in the next few years they need maybe £15M for the child-maimer, £75M to build, £10M for players, £30M for wages, £16M for cva.

That's enough to buy three or four established Prem teams......

There is hardly any parachute money available once football debts are cleared.

If they want to 'exchange' money they pile £100M in and will then own a club worth about half of that - good business?

They need to go up.

So this thread still has legs, though the originator may perhaps like to set up a renaming ceremony for those that have enjoyed it?

Put me on that guestlist.

All outweighed by them enjoying trips to Wembley, cup win, years in the Prem and European appearances and a 4-1 wins at St Marys, largely paid for by you and I the taxpayer. As the Mockneys would say, "mugged right off".

This thread is not likely to close until:

The CVA process is completed.

The liquidation investigation of OldCo is completed and all possible resultant legal actions are resolved.

All court cases involving people associated with them are completed and all resultant punishments, if any, resolved.

The ownership of all land and offices used by pompey clearly resolved.

Pompey shown to be living within their means.

I will not be holding my breath on these...

See your point, and I know it's different with a lot of 'people' from that way, but if it were me, those memories would be severely tainted.

They didn't win the FA Cup IMO, nor did they beat us. They didn't own the players that did those things for them, they didn't pay for them, didn't pay staff and didn't pay countless bills. If I were in charge I'd insist any team in admin is thrown out the cups, and in cases like this you have to look at whether they should keep their cup.

There's no doubt they prospered greatly through fraud, and they can write it off as rivalry yet again, but the true worry is that it sends out a message to other clubs that it's fine to operate like this. The footballing authorities need to send out a message that it simply can't continue.

I bet anything Pompey start to splash the cash again, pay big wages and if they don't go up, will find themselves delaying payments, needing new investment and ultimately back in administration. It'll just be small business, football and the taxpayer that lose, again.

but that is it. Who has won in all this? The fans and the players.

Pompey have always been a dirtyy little club who swam around the depths always trying to feed near the sewer pipe. The hardcore of their fans saw some terribler days and for those few im happy as they were proper fans like any other clubs. Then came the money that may be from dubious sources. The fans saw and experienced games that fans of clubs who played it straight never did. I saw Saints win the cup all those years ago, but i have not been privilaged enough to take my daughters to see us win a top trophy, the Skates have done so ,and all the JCLs with them. So who is right in all of this, I think i would be hypocritical if I said i would rather do it clean as quite honestly i think we should just spend to the hilot and get the succes as it seems the authorities just dont care

the one thing that is keeping me very interested in this is after all the dodgy owners, all the debt, all the backhanded help from the PL to keep them afloat, their new owners have illustrated to me it has all the hallmarks of happening all over again. But in a couple of years after the laundered money is disposed of and has gone through the club, the hope is there'll be no PL to bail them out, no parachute payments and in as much debt if not more than before considering the amount of loans they've had.

Even if they got promoted all they'd do is splurge tens of millions on wages and transfer fees and it would merely speed the process up.

Maybe they should call Carol Vorderman about their loans, she could consolidate them all into one easy payment ;)

Edited by JackFrost

Didn't knows this, but Vladimir Antonov owns the Lithuanian bank, Snoras.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/a-log-jam-at-renault-f1/

There are also questions about who actually owns the team. On paper it is GenII, but the purchase was made with borrowed money and further money had to be borrowed to pay the initial lender (which was Renault itself). This explains why the cars carried sponsorship last year from Renault’s banking arm DIAC and then changed the livery to include Snoras, a Lithuanian bank. One assumes that Snoras wanted certain guarantees for such a loan and one can imagine that the shares of the team would have been a suitable guarantee. Snoras is interesting in that it is owned by a man who clearly has a taste for motorsport: Vladimir Antonov having recently bought the commercial rights to the World Rally Championship. He is also the owner of Spyker, which is producing road cars aimed at rivalling Ferrari. This used to run an F1 team and is an investor in Saab, which is run by Victor Muller, who was also involved in the Spyker F1 operation. One can imagine that if the debts have not been paid Antonov might consider a move to protect his investment…

Exactly, poor old Pompey fans whose club was supposedly toast , have suffered 4 Wembley trips ,a European run, a team of star players and internationals,2 big wins over their bitterest rivals the media attention and pity.

I think I would like a bit of that toast.

They have got away with it and have experiences that i would have liked to have taken my kids to enjoy.

There are some very good people on this thread who have thought they were toast but must be wringing their hands in frustration at how this has unravelled. This thread is not for giving, we have been shafted as football fans and taxpayers

Of course the only downside is that they are skates, far more of an overriding factor IMO.

Despite all those goodies I'd still rather be a scummer.

I don't think anyone (Lumpitt included) really knows what exactly the russians are bringing to town. But what we do know (As pointed out by Rallyboy) is that yet again they have been taken over by people that have been troubled with accusations and stories of; Money laundering, fraud, connections to the russian mafia, assasinations and who have been refused financial services licenses to name but a few..... When google offers you 18 pages of potential wrong doings, you could be forgiven for thinking that one of them might be true.

But as that seems to be par for the course for most of pompeys owners, we should not be surprised nor dwell on it, the juicy stuff is in the detail.

The detail in this case being

- How is deal structured? Has Gaydamak sold him the land (Don't think so, last week he opened a funfair on it with the staff dressed a s clowns (I kid you not) ) Does Chanarai still have any stake or ownership to the ground, players etc. What is happening with the CVA?

- Why now (This is the killer one for me) ? Chanarai was / is secured to the tune of 22 million, from the original 17 he lent them, he already had a 4 million back in January of last year. Which is a decent return. BUT, the club was simply passed back to him from administration (Subsequently confirmed by the administrators) without cost. Why didn't the russians buy it out of admin for a fraction of the cost - dubrov has said they have been looking at it for over a year.

- Why portsmouth? the investment needed, the debt, the intial buying price etc etc. produce a total that could buy you half the championship and a half a dozen prem teams, all with better facilities, infrastructure and larger, more loyal fanbases.

So it is full circle and as per normal, more questions than answers. There is however one thing I am sure of; Anyone that thinks this is just a run of the mill football takeover, with a clean slate and sustainable long term future, should seek medical advice right away.

Edited by Gemmel

Some of you think you are so smug laughing away at the skates, oh isn’t it funny, look at the trouble they are in, oh hahahah, well I can tell you their fanbase has had some superb moments paid for over the past 5 years by us, the tax-payer.

I was at waterloo the night after the beat Spurs in the FA Cup semi final, and witnessed whole families dancing around in t-shirts with “the massacre of st marys” on commemorating their 4-1 win, and I can tell you as it was them who are laughing at US. They fielded teams with stolen money, they loaned players they could not afford, they beat us with them, and they have got away with it.

Nothing to laugh about from where I’m sitting.

Old Nick is spot on.

LOL, Turned our nice again! Glad all the uncertainty has passed. Nice to hear you've found your voices and are 'Coming for us'. See you at Fratton then fellas, we will be waiting. Providing you dont drown in your own bile. That is all.

LOL, Turned our nice again! Glad all the uncertainty has passed. Nice to hear you've found your voices and are 'Coming for us'. See you at Fratton then fellas, we will be waiting. Providing you dont drown in your own bile. That is all.
The gloating has returned, lost your voice for a few months though Lol

More likely to die laughing...

Quite simple Nick, support those bottom dwellers down the road. You come across over the whole thread, as having some sympathy. They have survived through cheating the laws of this land, backed by a body in charge of football, who have a question hanging over their heads, who in turn, have just decried a higher authority in football, who also have a question to answer. So all in all, it comes as no surprise that cheats fc are still in business, but that said, look at their 'new' owners, look at the common denominator with previous 'owners'...take off those blue coloured glasses Nick.
Laughable,I have shown no sympathy (apart for the few decent Skates) but tried to put a different slant on the 'toast' scenario. They have got away with it, and many other posters on here who are far better qualified than me have seen a business that if it had been in any other sector closed forever. They were judging the situation by normal terms , whilst i was looking at it from the standpoint how it looked that there is so much corruption running through the whole of football and the top, that they would slip out of it.

Im incredulous that yet again they have found some people to buy them.

The Russian connection? Gaydamek may be a friend, interesting that Ambramoch's Chelsea are visiting as well. All coincidence but who knows.

The FA PL and FIFA seem to be all the same,, rotten to the core

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE73R1KW20110428?irpc=932

A former shareholder in Spyker, Antonov had to sell his shares in the Dutch group before it bought Saab from GM after reports in Swedish media of involvement with organised crime and money laundering.

Bless the blue few. They've not got a clue about their new owners :)

Whilst there are a few on here pointing out that they may well be stable again and have therefore gotten away with it, who can really be proud as a Skate fan? it's a bit like sleeping with your sister - probably felt great at the time but now you have to live with it. Probably a bit close to home that analogy.

Quite simple Nick, support those bottom dwellers down the road. You come across over the whole thread, as having some sympathy. They have survived through cheating the laws of this land, backed by a body in charge of football, who have a question hanging over their heads, who in turn, have just decried a higher authority in football, who also have a question to answer. So all in all, it comes as no surprise that cheats fc are still in business, but that said, look at their 'new' owners, look at the common denominator with previous 'owners'...take off those blue coloured glasses Nick.

You are quite possibly the thickest person on this thread if you think that to be the case. And every one of Nick's posts have gone right over your head.

They have got away with it and have experiences that i would have liked to have taken my kids to enjoy

Would you rather spend £100 of your hard earned cash on your kid's Christmas presents or £1,000 that you'd stolen from the old lady who lives next door?

What would make you feel better? Giving them something bigger and better by immoral means or buying them something you could afford?

I don't think anyone (Lumpitt included) really knows what exactly the russians are bringing to town. But what we do know (As pointed out by Rallyboy) is that yet again they have been taken over by people that have been troubled with accusations and stories of; Money laundering, fraud, connections to the russian mafia, assasinations and who have been refused financial services licenses to name but a few..... When google offers you 18 pages of potential wrong doings, you could be forgiven for thinking that one of them might be true.

But as that seems to be par for the course for most of pompeys owners, we should not be surprised nor dwell on it, the juicy stuff is in the detail.

The detail in this case being

- How is deal structured? Has Gaydamak sold him the land (Don't think so, last week he opened a funfair on it with the staff dressed a s clowns (I kid you not) ) Does Chanarai still have any stake or ownership to the ground, players etc. What is happening with the CVA?

- Why now (This is the killer one for me) ? Chanarai was / is secured to the tune of 22 million, from the original 17 he lent them, he already had a 4 million back in January of last year. Which is a decent return. BUT, the club was simply passed back to him from administration (Subsequently confirmed by the administrators) without cost. Why didn't the russians buy it out of admin for a fraction of the cost - dubrov has said they have been looking at it for over a year.

- Why portsmouth? the investment needed, the debt, the intial buying price etc etc. produce a total that could buy you half the championship and a half a dozen prem teams, all with better facilities, infrastructure and larger, more loyal fanbases.

So it is full circle and as per normal, more questions than answers. There is however one thing I am sure of; Anyone that thinks this is just a run of the mill football takeover, with a clean slate and sustainable long term future, should seek medical advice right away.

No-one on here is saying that they have a clean slate and a sustainable long-term future. As you very correctly point out, there are a lot more questions than answers, so why pretend we know what's happening when we really don't have a clue. I'm sure there are a fair few twists to come, but we really don't know what's going to happen now.

Would you rather spend £100 of your hard earned cash on your kid's Christmas presents or £1,000 that you'd stolen from the old lady who lives next door?

What would make you feel better? Giving them something bigger and better by immoral means or buying them something you could afford?

Whether we see that as comparable to what the skates have done or not it doesn't matter - a large percentage of their support clearly enjoyed their success and unfortunately a large percentage of the footballing world seems fairly oblivious to their misdemeanours......

It is hardly the same, it is more like watching enjoying someones kid playing with the proceeds of the crime. A tinge of guilt would be there, but as the Old Bill had watched as he had knocked the old Lady over the head and helped put the the cash into the swag bag. The police eventually taking him to court, who after looking at the evidence for days, then were told that whilst he had mugged people numerous times before was sure that it wouldn't happen again as they had now a proper carer in place. This lasted until they were brought in front of another beak, who then let him off as the prosecution had read another persons charge sheet and tried to use the wrong course of attack.

You are quite possibly the thickest person on this thread if you think that to be the case. And every one of Nick's posts have gone right over your head.
What I think PAL, is that along with Nick, you seem to believe, that it is all over, when in fact, it has just begun. They will get their comeupence, and soon, but I'm sure they are very greatfull for all your support. Sour mash, more like sour mush!

ps I don't know what Sue has done to you, but grow up son!

Laughable,I have shown no sympathy (apart for the few decent Skates) but tried to put a different slant on the 'toast' scenario. They have got away with it, and many other posters on here who are far better qualified than me have seen a business that if it had been in any other sector closed forever. They were judging the situation by normal terms , whilst i was looking at it from the standpoint how it looked that there is so much corruption running through the whole of football and the top, that they would slip out of it.

Im incredulous that yet again they have found some people to buy them.

The Russian connection? Gaydamek may be a friend, interesting that Ambramoch's Chelsea are visiting as well. All coincidence but who knows.

The FA PL and FIFA seem to be all the same,, rotten to the core

Two things Nick, they haven't got away with, no more than they are 'toast', the end game is nowhere in sight. Secondly, do you really believe that they are 'new' owners, your opinion of course, but I believe that the baton has just changed hands again, within a group that are known to each other, and that is my opinion.

It is hardly the same, it is more like watching enjoying someones kid playing with the proceeds of the crime. A tinge of guilt would be there, but as the Old Bill had watched as he had knocked the old Lady over the head and helped put the the cash into the swag bag. The police eventually taking him to court, who after looking at the evidence for days, then were told that whilst he had mugged people numerous times before was sure that it wouldn't happen again as they had now a proper carer in place. This lasted until they were brought in front of another beak, who then let him off as the prosecution had read another persons charge sheet and tried to use the wrong course of attack.

Dang....I've been out analogied again... ;-)

This thread still going? ;)

Of course it is, since the thread started you have had five "owners". A new owner doesn't mean the saga or this thread is over by any means. No point closing the thread, especially as football clubs owned by those with connections with the mafia will only end in tears.

You have to question why a legitimate businessman would choose Pompey ahead of a number of other clubs in England that offer a better business decision (infrastructure and fanbase etc) for a similar or better price than it would cost to make Pompey a Premier League regular again. Any businessman that does so is either dodgy (possibly money laundering) or inept in business and can't see better opportunities even when they are available.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Two things Nick, they haven't got away with, no more than they are 'toast', the end game is nowhere in sight. Secondly, do you really believe that they are 'new' owners, your opinion of course, but I believe that the baton has just changed hands again, within a group that are known to each other, and that is my opinion.

whatever happends in the future is obviously to be seen, but they HAVE GOT AWAY with clearing £138M of debt by going throgh admin, that is debt they used to build a team to knock us out of the cup with.

they are laughing at YOU not the other way round.

What I think PAL, is that along with Nick, you seem to believe, that it is all over, when in fact, it has just begun. They will get their comeupence, and soon, but I'm sure they are very greatfull for all your support. Sour mash, more like sour mush!

ps I don't know what Sue has done to you, but grow up son!

:lol:

If it's gone over your head that much Ginge I think you should leave these posts alone. You don't understand the posts, don't comment on them.

whatever happends in the future is obviously to be seen, but they HAVE GOT AWAY with clearing £138M of debt by going throgh admin, that is debt they used to build a team to knock us out of the cup with.

they are laughing at YOU not the other way round.

I think you will find that a proper investigation by someone not appointed by those previously in charge at pompey has only really recently got underway with the investigation of the liquidated OldCo so I think given the irons still in the fire (various court cases, CVA payments, investigation of liquidated company) I think it is still to early to say they have got away with it. Once all those have played out and they have not been punished in anyway I will agree with you but while those are still ongoing I believe it is still to early to say.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})