Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

But not saggy chops?

There are 2 Court Case :-

1/ Storrieteller and Milan next week.

2/ Henry and Milan in middle/late July.

HMRC believe there are 2 issues that require Court action.

The first relates to the termination of Eyal Berkovic's contract where money was paid overseas without deduction of Tax & NI (? I don't think Henry was at the Club then).

The second relates to the signing on of midfielder Amdy Faye when he moved from Auxerre to Portsmouth.

Am I missing something here?

Why does he keep banging on about the players they MIGHT sign. He's worse than Agent Arry. The only way they could be lining up someone like Norris is with a mega-wage, outbidding the rest, or McAuley who opted for the Prem, but had evidently been tempted by a big wedge at the Portsea Tip, because frankly the facilities or prospects ain't that great.

Either it is 1) more drivel to draw in another season-ticket or two, 2) They seriously believe CSI Miami, or is it Soligorsk?, have some big dosh, 3) More public washing of the dirty linen to force Chinny's hand, or 4) They are going to sign some more £20k/week players anyway because they are the Skates and normal rules don't apply.

As ever, the sums don't add up.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/cotterill_ready_to_delight_fratton_faithful_1_2724213

Why does he keep banging on about the players they MIGHT sign. He's worse than Agent Arry. The only way they could be lining up someone like Norris is with a mega-wage, outbidding the rest, or McAuley who opted for the Prem, but had evidently been tempted by a big wedge at the Portsea Tip, because frankly the facilities or prospects ain't that great.

Either it is 1) more drivel to draw in another season-ticket or two, 2) They seriously believe CSI Miami, or is it Soligorsk?, have some big dosh, 3) More public washing of the dirty linen to force Chinny's hand, or 4) They are going to sign some more £20k/week players anyway because they are the Skates and normal rules don't apply.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/cotterill_ready_to_delight_fratton_faithful_1_2724213

Maybe summat to do with the fringe benefits on offer, Remember we are an island. Could be players get Tax, and Duty Free, Laundry tickets, regaler trips to an SO destination (spar, Bar, quickie with mar) who can say what secret sweeteners these contracts have,

I to am band from pompey web, for not toeing the party line

What a load of balls. Come on mack, we all know you were banned because they found out about your secret love for the scum! The sooner pompey goes under totally, the sooner you can officially come out of the closet as one of us! ;) :lol:

Clotterill:

Even if they cost money, I would want to sign them. Definitely.

Well, even when you don't have money it's never stopped them, so why play by the rulebook now?

F()(king sh1t c()nty club.

Clotterill:

Well, even when you don't have money it's never stopped them, so why play by the rulebook now?

F()(king sh1t c()nty club.

The two players they want to sign to wow the fratton faithful have just been confirmed as Pulis and Forcast ;)

who'd have thought that outbidding allcomers and offering vastly inflated deals could come back to bite you like this?

That must be the most expensive FA Cup ever bought - how many millions did that cup run alone lose?

There were the bonuses for players, and Redknapp and Storrie, that put it in the red, image rights still unpaid, and the wages are still going on as well.

If you sell your soul for a 1-0 win over a bankrupt midtable championship club and give it large, don't moan about the small print when a horned bloke with a burning fork appears on the doorstep.

Pay up pompey.

I know, just when interest starts to flag... Interesting that both players volunteered to re-negotiate and take pay cuts.

Pompey Trust on twitter 50 minutes ago...

"The Trust understands that an announcement from PFC in 48 hours will say the CSI takeover is completed. We await details. Several sources have broken cover and Portsmouth News are running a story tomorrow."

Ahhhhhh that old chestnut. It's the hope..................

Saab are owned by Spyker Cars

Spyker are owned by the few's great whiter than white hopes the Russkies

Spyker got 400 mil in loans from the EU to save Saab

Saab don't have enough money to pay their suppliers and so have all but stopped making cars

And Yet....

Saab spunked a truckload of money into a made for TV golfing event in Wales this afternoon (where our gallant Ryder Cup heroes got spanked by some girls)

With sound commercial business logic like this. It's a match made in heaven.

All it needs now to make it perfection for us is for FIFA to announce they are moving their global HQ to Fratton Park (as their shredders & Data Destruction Systems are better)

Pompey Trust on twitter 50 minutes ago...

"The Trust understands that an announcement from PFC in 48 hours will say the CSI takeover is completed. We await details. Several sources have broken cover and Portsmouth News are running a story tomorrow."

48hrs is the new Friday.

So if the supposed new owners of Pompey has a gaping hole of a few hundred millions in one of their other businesses, how much can they invest in Pompey?

How much was the EU loan?

Just curious, that's all

honest

How much was the EU loan?

Just curious, that's all

honest

They should be able to sign Messi, after buying the debt free club. Not sure how long they would be able to pay his wages for though!

Time for a Saints' whip around to commission Ian Brennan to make a much-deserved statue of Peter Storrieteller?

A 20 point deduction for Cheats FC, after his court case, would surely seal the deal.

Cotterill on the FL show, expect more whinging.

I was amazed that they chose him to accompany that other non-entity with previous Skate credentials. Who gets to select these people and what has Clotterill done in his career to make him a viable pundit? I can't think of anything and even if I were a neutral with no particular animosity towards the Skates, I would still be wondering why him?

Time for a Saints' whip around to commission Ian Brennan to make a much-deserved statue of Peter Storrieteller?

A 20 point deduction for Cheats FC, after his court case, would surely seal the deal.

Considering Luton were only deducted 10 points for around 50 separate charges relating to tax misdemeanors (the other 20 were for failing to agree a CVA), and Storrie only has to answer for what 2? a points deduction like that will never happen as a result of Storrie's court case.

looks like they are hoping to triumphantly march into Fratton on June 1st - right in the middle of contract wrangles and with a couple of wages to pay before any income.

Odd timing.

I hope their due diligence has been better than most money-laundering concerns, if not they could catch the odd cold - I'm sure Chanrai mentioned the possibility of a points penalty and the £700K owed in back wages.

The backing they give to Cotterill in the next couple of weeks should tell us how serious they are about football.

Do I see the end of this thread on the horizon?....

yet again they will have got away with it.

How long is it now that this thread has said they are toast but somehow they hang on and live again?

I assume that the Pompey Trust are well informed and the talk of the Russians pulling out has long gone.

SC will be plunging into the transfer market and yet again they will have a squad more than capable of holding their own and perhaps making a push for the PL.

Please nobody ever tell me that British Justice is the best in the world......for cheats perhaps but not for fair pay. FIFA look like babes in arms compared to the way that lot run

So 691 days later and it looks like it is all coming to an end. I echo Rallyboys comments regarding the timing and just hope someone reminded the russians about the court case that started 9 minutes ago.

I can't help but think...........

GoEnglish_com_OutOfTheFryingPanAndIntoTheFire.gif

Hardly surprising that there's a lot of frantic "pass the parcel" going on on payday at the end of a month with no income, when the out-of-contract squad still have to be paid.

They can't afford a hiccup in paying wages when the FL is watching their "trading within our means" story so closely. So somebody has to stump up another £2m.

The only facts in the News story are that nobody from the club was available for comment yesterday, and that Dubov won't comment until after the wages have been paid.

I guess the purchase price has just gone up by another £2m.

How long is it now that this thread has said they are toast but somehow they hang on and live again?

I assume that the Pompey Trust are well informed and the talk of the Russians pulling out has long gone.

SC will be plunging into the transfer market and yet again they will have a squad more than capable of holding their own and perhaps making a push for the PL.

Please nobody ever tell me that British Justice is the best in the world......for cheats perhaps but not for fair pay. FIFA look like babes in arms compared to the way that lot run

like they did when Chainrai took over?

I don't know what your expecting or what in your book "isn't getting away with it". There's absolutely no way the courts will ever liquidate them as they are a English football club in the top 3-4 divisions in the 21st century, and are therefore above the law. The only chance of them being liquidated is if Chainrai decides building a supermarket or flats on Fratton Park is the best way he can get his money back.

As for the Russians taking over, there's only two reasons why it would make any financial sense to take Pompey over. 1) If their stupid or far more likely 2) They have tens of millions of pounds to launder. Like Mr Gaydamak had a few years ago. . .

while the ownership becomes crystal clear, the pre-season is less so...

The US tour that was promised as a free trip is once again looking anything but - so why do they keep misleading the fans?

Cotterill has already enjoyed a Far East holiday and a US holiday researching this 'free tour', according to him he is also spending most of his time on the phone trying to arrange this holiday - perhaps some time looking at players or being nice to Russians would be time better spent?

Commenting on the problems in the News today, honest Steve says -

People have to trust me, it is nothing to do with our club, nothing at all.

The man looking after this from this side of the fence is trying to get sponsorship, so we may have to contribute some money towards it

But, for sure, I think it would be worthwhile.

Trust you???

I think the trust went when your club shafted all the local businesses and charities mate.

You promised that the shafted taxpayers wouldn't be funding your club holiday last year and then your own accounts showed that they did.

Meanwhile the local businesses still await payment, well, those that haven't gone under.

Maybe we will see more honesty from the club if they are taken over by a consortium allegedly linked to organised crime and money-laundering.

British Justice is the best that money can buy.

Make of that what you wish.

Apparently there is NO truth in the rumour Paul Allens yacht was seen moored in Langstone harbour yesterday...

No, it wasn't, but the world's biggest Aircraft Carrier was in Stokes Bay.

Maybe the USA are going to buy them!

No, it wasn't, but the world's biggest Aircraft Carrier was in Stokes Bay.

Maybe the USA are going to buy them!

Nah. They're going to use Fratton Park for training on smartbombs. All been organised with agreement of the current owners (whoever they are) to save on redevelopment demolition costs..

like they did when Chainrai took over?

I don't know what your expecting or what in your book "isn't getting away with it". There's absolutely no way the courts will ever liquidate them as they are a English football club in the top 3-4 divisions in the 21st century, and are therefore above the law. The only chance of them being liquidated is if Chainrai decides building a supermarket or flats on Fratton Park is the best way he can get his money back.

As for the Russians taking over, there's only two reasons why it would make any financial sense to take Pompey over. 1) If their stupid or far more likely 2) They have tens of millions of pounds to launder. Like Mr Gaydamak had a few years ago. . .

i thought Chester went to the wall only a year ago.

If the case is that the courts will not liquidate, lets all go to the party and sign up whoever and compete with Man City in the transfer market

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})