Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Wouldn't have cost them a penny. This is a perfect freindly for Chelsea. There might be a russian connection, but last week, it was all systems go to be done and dusted this week..... 36 hours to go
well you may be right but I know that we charged Bournemouth a large amount to play them in pre season a couple of years back.

well you may be right but I know that we charged Bournemouth a large amount to play them in pre season a couple of years back.

Which possibly relates to the bit in the article that the ticket prices where 'under agreement with Chelsea' so possibly set high enough to cover what Chelsea are charging to go down there? If that's the case wonder how much of the gate money pompey will get?

Looks like the bestiest fans are going to have to shell out for a new wardrobe next season:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/lampitt_dedicates_chelsea_visit_to_fans_1_2713162

A comment from that article:

Helio

Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 04:09 PM

Lampitt is plain wrong, I would say, with his comment about "attracting one of the really big clubs" - and he is making a distasteful remark with his "it's a real coup" for us. Chelsea is arguably not a "really big club" at all, because it is no longer a club - iI's a tasteless plaything for a Russian oligarch (where did his endless oodles of loot come from?), throwing unlimited wads of cash round in order to buy success. It has lost its true roots. It has lost its soul. It's a Mickey Mouse operation. Please don't invite its playboy celebrities to swan around a real - if poverty-stricken - but still real ground like our Fratton Park. Withdraw the invitation. As soon as possible.

Oh the irony

A comment from that article:

Helio

Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 04:09 PM

Lampitt is plain wrong, I would say, with his comment about "attracting one of the really big clubs" - and he is making a distasteful remark with his "it's a real coup" for us. Chelsea is arguably not a "really big club" at all, because it is no longer a club - iI's a tasteless plaything for a Russian oligarch (where did his endless oodles of loot come from?), throwing unlimited wads of cash round in order to buy success. It has lost its true roots. It has lost its soul. It's a Mickey Mouse operation. Please don't invite its playboy celebrities to swan around a real - if poverty-stricken - but still real ground like our Fratton Park. Withdraw the invitation. As soon as possible.

Oh the irony

Every single day they keep coming up with corkers!

Actually, like someone else said above very eloquently, it's getting irritating now. They should have been closed down a long time ago, but they're still up to their old tricks, flicking the v's to all and sundry. Their fans meanwhile continue to prove themselves the absolute morons we all know them to be as well, completely oblivious to the difference of fact and whatever comes out of their own mouths..

Actually, like someone else said above very eloquently, it's getting irritating now. They should have been closed down a long time ago, but they're still up to their old tricks, flicking the v's to all and sundry. Their fans meanwhile continue to prove themselves the absolute morons we all know them to be as well, completely oblivious to the difference of fact and whatever comes out of their own mouths..

I don't know, there is a certain phrase that included the term 'best served cold'....

Actually, like someone else said above very eloquently, it's getting irritating now.

Agreed. A year or so ago I was in the 'I don't want them to go totally out of business' camp, but now I feel they should just be put out of their misery. Whilst some of the individual stories coming out of the club are funny for us to laugh at, as a whole the overall situation and the way they have carried on (and continue to) is disgusting.

Agreed. A year or so ago I was in the 'I don't want them to go totally out of business' camp, but now I feel they should just be put out of their misery. Whilst some of the individual stories coming out of the club are funny for us to laugh at, as a whole the overall situation and the way they have carried on (and continue to) is disgusting.

Hang on! This is easily the best thread on this forum,I would really miss them if they were wound up plus I know some decent skates who don't deserve all this crap. ;)

Hang on! This is easily the best thread on this forum,I would really miss them if they were wound up plus I know some decent skates who don't deserve all this crap. ;)

Ah, as this often mimics a Stephen King horror novel, welcome Dear Constant Reader.

An interesting question for those of you who have a more general interest in Football, fans and their forums. Is there actually any other thread on any other fans forum that has managed to stay on track and bring so much entertainment knowledge and information about one team's rivals?

I ask that because as we move inexorably towards the 40,000th post it may just be time that the Football League Show, HMRC's legal team, Matt Slater, heck even Jordan (hope you're having a nice holiday you Twit, sorry Tweet) Sibley or MOST possibly, The Guinness Book of Records must be notified.

It is time we stood up and received our awards and the few - no, OTH is right, it's far too early for the pain to stop for them up the road, there has to be so much more to come.

There might be some mileage in seeing AFC Pompey lose 2-0 to Mangotsfield though!

An interesting question for those of you who have a more general interest in Football, fans and their forums. Is there actually any other thread on any other fans forum that has managed to stay on track and bring so much entertainment knowledge and information about one team's rivals?

There's nothing like this on any Swansea or Cardiff board. There are some quite smart people on those boards but they are vastly outnumbered by look-at-me idiots who start new threads on exactly the same topics over and over again.

I think this thread is absolutely extraordinary and I am happy to pay £5 a year to read it even though I don't have to.

Had the radio on this morning and second in the news headlines started with "Portsmouth has been taken over......." but then went on to talk about some naval rubbish. The heart skipped a beat just for a moment!

it's gone very quiet on the Russians.......are they quietly fine-tuning their bid, or have they left the building and season tickets still need selling?

They must be waiting for Barcelona's season to finish before they can start recruitment.

Despite their motives and lack of funding I guess the Russians must be the last chance for a sale this summer, if they pull out Chanrai has nowhere to go - bearing that in mind, it might be worth him negotiating with them rather than making excessive demands....but I'm sure he knows what's best for the bestest.

I could have sworn that this week was the week it was all going to close with the takeover.

Oh well, as pointed out above wages Tuesday - I'm sure chinny won't mind stumping up again.

I wonder what Norris's signing on fee is.

"We were very close to a deal a few weeks ago. There was a difference in our finances but we could have come to an agreement.

We weren’t that far away – 100 per cent he could have been ours."

Of course he could have Steve. Bless him.

They're so brave, and poor, simple Steve epitomises that never-say-die attitude. Such a "football city", such hardy, passionate folk, they really have been dealt a cruel hand by fate.

STFU The News. I'm tempted to go buy a copy, just so I have some toilet paper for later on.

There's nothing like this on any Swansea or Cardiff board. There are some quite smart people on those boards but they are vastly outnumbered by look-at-me idiots who start new threads on exactly the same topics over and over again.

I think this thread is absolutely extraordinary and I am happy to pay £5 a year to read it even though I don't have to.

Personally I think every potential new subscriber to the forum should be made to read all 40,000 or so posts, then answer test questions, before they are allowed to sign up.

So the situation that seems to be encroaching is either, if there is no buy out over the summer Chainrai has got to dip into his pocket or Pompey won't be able to fulfill their fixtures.

Or the takeover talk is just a load of PR to sell more season tickets, and as soon as squad registration comes along they'll play the same sob story to the FL and then go and sign a load of PL rejects on £20k a week, all in loans from Chainrai who is willing to fund it all yet again? . . . .

I could have sworn that this week was the week it was all going to close with the takeover.

Oh well, as pointed out above wages Tuesday - I'm sure chinny won't mind stumping up again.

I wonder what Norris's signing on fee is.

No, it was last week that it was all going through ... no the week before ...no.....

What I find so mind-boggling is that they appear to be seriously planning to try to sign players like Norris, who will only come to them if he is paid a pretty hefty wage. How/why are they STILL expecting to pay out at a level above their income?

‘We were very close to a deal a few weeks ago. There was a difference in our finances but we could have come to an agreement.

‘We weren’t that far away – 100 per cent he could have been ours.

Still competing with Premiership wages...... Bizarre

It seems to me that Pompey are like the moonlighting tradesman, the taxman and authorities seem to be oblivious to their actions. They must be offering big wages to get the squad together. I assume the Russians have given them the nod to chase up these players and get them ready to sign.

I'm starting to get really cheesed off with all this "we can't sign players until we have new owners" bullsh!t.

They are supposed to be running a sustainable business model. That means their wage bill should depend on their income, the name of the owners shouldn't have anything to do with it.

It seems to me that Pompey are like the moonlighting tradesman, the taxman and authorities seem to be oblivious to their actions. They must be offering big wages to get the squad together. I assume the Russians have given them the nod to chase up these players and get them ready to sign.

But the fact that they have not, or been able to get the players' signatures hints they are either not confident the Russians will take over, or know for sure that they won't.

‘We were very close to a deal a few weeks ago. There was a difference in our finances but we could have come to an agreement.

‘We weren’t that far away – 100 per cent he could have been ours.

Still competing with Premiership wages...... Bizarre

Don't get your hopes up this week Gammy, Remember its a bank ollyday in-it!

A bargin A Swanee, your gettin educated for just a fiver, And as for the Taffy boards, You get board in know time just talking about theme parks,,,,ffs theres only so many ways to shear sheep,

Court Case

Southwark Crown Court Tuesday 31st May at 10:30

Court 7 - sitting at 10:30 AM BEFORE: HIS HONOUR JUDGE TESTAR

For Trial

T20107431 MANDARIC Milan 48C23003310

LINKED TO:

T20097808 STORRIE Peter 48C23015506 Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981,

LINKED TO:

T20107415 STORRIE Peter 48C60134910 Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981

http://www.courtserve.net/courtlists/current/crown/sthwk_T110531.01.htm

A bargin A Swanee, your gettin educated for just a fiver, And as for the Taffy boards, You get board in know time just talking about theme parks,,,,ffs theres only so many ways to shear sheep,

Thanks for noticing me. I feel validated now. :D Except it doesn't quite work that way.

Being well informed, I'm sure you're well aware of the Virtual Fratton End on Paltalk. Swans also have a room there on match days.

Everybody now knows that non-pompey gets banned from VFE straight away but away fans can come into the swans room so long as they aren't ***ts. Step by step the mindset is revealed.

You beat us at home :( You invaded our board . . . .

KennPFC: Got £15 on us winning!

Devz00: well done

KennPFC: Brings home £80....

lou in cardiff: i had us to win 2-0!

KennPFC: lovely jubbly!

pete3001_2_1: what odds Kenn?

exeterjack: i had us 2-0 as well

pete3001_2_1: oh ok

Devz00: you havent won yet kenneth

Toxic_Jack: We'll come from behind to win for the 1st time in the league since 1920

PTJackInExile: taylor for serran, kemy for prats, dobbie for allen?

jack101: We never do well when we pull big crowds Crapdiff apart

sotonswan: Good for you KennPFC - tax free as well - the PFC way

KennPFC: 5.5 pete on betfair

pete3001_2_1: lol

moscowjack: lol soton

but you wouldn't let us on yours

sotonswan: Warnock said they have the best team in the Championship and QPR couldn't compete with them for Kitson/Lawrence

MaidenheadJack: good job were not playing on paper Nick

lou in cardiff: been bounced!

Mike_4_Jesus: childish why they bounce people

lou in cardiff: they asked if i was a jack

homesicklondonjack: best first XI anyways

grimsby_jack: lol lou

exeterjack: yes good pass

lou in cardiff: didnt have a chance to reply!

4eva England: yeh it is

karlpvzzz: lol lou

homesicklondonjack: they struggle off the bench

moscowjack: they bounced me too!

sotonswan: well take this as a lesson about the mentality of Pompey fans

northwestswan: fugg me we sound up for this tonight

lou in cardiff: they have 85 in their room though

sotonswan: #heads in the sand

moscowjack: I've been going in that room for years! Bastards!

exeterjack: yeah they aren't very welcoming

pete3001_2_1: 50 of them prob jacks lou

lou in cardiff: why they not in here then!

lou in cardiff: only 58 of us

pete3001_2_1: lol

exeterjack: come on you whites

moscowjack: SJ - when Pompey come in, get ready to bounce, bounce, bounce!

Mike_4_Jesus: a lot of our regulars are most probably down the liberty tonite

sotonswan: we'll never break their spirit! lol!!!

jacka_10: they cant take it in the pompey room

pete3001_2_1: true Mike

4eva England: lolllll

The word is getting around, don't you worry. What a sorry excuse for a club/supporters you are.

Give my love to Anniecloggers. She's OK and is always welcome.

Mwah. HAND.

P.S. Was sweet to be the club to mathematically deny you promotion :)

Thanks for noticing me. I feel validated now. :D Except it doesn't quite work that way.

Being well informed, I'm sure you're well aware of the Virtual Fratton End on Paltalk. Swans also have a room there on match days.

Everybody now knows that non-pompey gets banned from VFE straight away but away fans can come into the swans room so long as they aren't ***ts. Step by step the mindset is revealed.

You beat us at home :( You invaded our board . . . .

but you wouldn't let us on yours

The word is getting around, don't you worry. What a sorry excuse for a club/supporters you are.

Give my love to Anniecloggers. She's OK and is always welcome.

Mwah. HAND.

P.S. Was sweet to be the club to mathematically deny you promotion :)

Swanee me old mate, we have summert in common,,,I to am band from pompey web, for not toeing the party line, Oh and best of luck in the playoffs.

Swanee me old mate, we have summert in common,,,I to am band from pompey web, for not toeing the party line, Oh and best of luck in the playoffs.

WTF.....A swan and a skate having a love-in on a Saints forum........tell me it ain't so.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})