Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think we must assume that yesterday didn't happen. Even when it was just formality hearings, there has always been something on the news, but not so much as a tweet.

That means, it has been delayed again. A nice tactic, but it can't last forever. There was some talk of all three of them being tried together, so arry would have been able to swing 'Not until the end of the season".

The problem that creates is I can't see those crazy russians completing, until they know they won't be getting a points deduction, so one delay causes another delay...... Oh well it will save on the airfares if there is still only 8 of them going to the States.

Ah ha....

So the few need a football tour organised....

http://www.footballtournaments.co.uk/

these people look like just the ones to organise it for them.

Why those luxury cabins that Jamie is showing off would really fit the bill, a home from home

just stay with the pictures on the home page and suddenly

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by dubai_phil

I think we must assume that yesterday didn't happen. Even when it was just formality hearings, there has always been something on the news, but not so much as a tweet.

That means, it has been delayed again. A nice tactic, but it can't last forever. There was some talk of all three of them being tried together, so arry would have been able to swing 'Not until the end of the season".

The problem that creates is I can't see those crazy russians completing, until they know they won't be getting a points deduction, so one delay causes another delay...... Oh well it will save on the airfares if there is still only 8 of them going to the States.

As mentioned on the last page the current case for the judge has overrun.

Where are those pesky Russkies ??

It's been over a month now since the deal was declared 'as good as done' !

The Blue Few will soon be revolting (oh sorry, they are already :)) !

But wasn't it held up due to the bank holiday! They just didn't say which one, could well be 1st week of June then after the play-off finals :rolleyes: ?????????????

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8517564/Avram-Grant-stands-accused-as-West-Hams-fate-was-sealed-on-the-training-ground.html

Ouch, Henry Winter doesn't hold back....

But then what should they have expected? Poopey didn't have a training ground so it's no surprise that Avram had no idea what to do on a proper one.

And yet again, if somebody had bothered to ask the World's leading Football thread about Avram's training record we could have told them...

Avram? Training? Yes it's the thing he does before going to industrial estates in Eastleigh allegedly.

remember the Peter Sellers film being there? he was a bumbling gardener who said strange things and was misunderstood as being brilliant and was made president.

Is that not AG? he rambles on and people make out that he is a mastermind. Lol

Don't know about Peter Sellers, I see Avram more as Bela Lugosi or Boris Karloff lumbering around a misty graveyard in the early hours dragging a corpse behind.

That's two clubs he's buried now.

Just heard it all kicked off at the West Ham end of season dinner as well, presumably one or two fans wanted clarification on some of the management decisions that have crippled the club - I'll bet the DVD of the season will be a big seller too.

As social events go that must be up there with Arsenal's and Chelsea's glorious laps of honour last weekend.

When you look around, we are doing pretty well!

I'm getting bored, can we crack on with these tax evasion cases.

I'm getting bored, can we crack on with these tax evasion cases.

Hang in there rally boy - a couple of stocking fillers whilst we wait.

Clotterill can't believe what they went through, last season, but he is all the stronger for it. ...... may be he should of bought a newspaper before he signed.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/cotterill_pompey_soap_opera_will_make_me_better_boss_1_2685527

And some other sad news , clotterill had lined up three key players for next season.

One of them was Norris, who now looks like he is off to Hull, the second one was oconnor, who has just been arrested for cocaine possesion .... I wonder who the third is.

And some other sad news , clotterill had lined up three key players for next season.

One of them was Norris, who now looks like he is off to Hull, the second one was oconnor, who has just been arrested for cocaine possesion .... I wonder who the third is.

I think we can finally rule out Maradona in any capacity - strangely it seems Corpy Ho-ho-ho was wrong on that one - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13413485.stm - must be Riquelme then?

Hang in there rally boy - a couple of stocking fillers whilst we wait.

Clotterill can't believe what they went through, last season, but he is all the stronger for it. ...... may be he should of bought a newspaper before he signed.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/cotterill_pompey_soap_opera_will_make_me_better_boss_1_2685527

Lambert, isn't it? He just can't wait to drive down the M27 and fire up his career with the recent FA Cup winners and the bestest fans in the World.

http://www.soccerex.com/media-centre/industry-news-media-centre/high-court-to-pass-judgement-on-%e2%80%9cfootball-creditors%e2%80%99-rule%e2%80%9d/

High Court to pass judgement on “football creditors’ rule”The UK High Court is to be asked to decide whether Premier and Football League rules that govern the way football clubs are able to clear their debts are fair. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), which is often a creditor when clubs become insolvent, has taken legal action against the two leagues in an attempt to force rule changes. Mr Justice Newey heard legal arguments about the case during a High Court hearing in London on Thursday. According to the Press Association, Mr Justice Newey said that HMRC’s claim against the Football League would be tried at the High Court in London on November 28, with the Premier League also represented at the trial. HMRC claims that the current rules allow creditors from the world of football to head the queue to get paid in full before other creditors not involved in the game are often forced to settle for a fraction of what they are owed. Gregory Mitchell QC, representing HMRC, said it was important for the High Court to make a ruling about the legality of the “football creditors’ rule” after hearing arguments from HMRC and the leagues.

As futile gestures go, surely fining the skates is up there with asking Alistair Campbell for an unbiased political opinion?

The analogy doesn't make sense.

One would expect Poopey to be fined for transgression as precedents have been set. The expectation of a reasonable person.

One would NOT expect an unbiased political opinion from Alistair Campbell because he is paid to have a political opinion. To have such an expectation would show a degree of naivety, to say the least.

The analogy doesn't make sense.

One would expect Poopey to be fined for transgression as precedents have been set. The expectation of a reasonable person.

One would NOT expect an unbiased political opinion from Alistair Campbell because he is paid to have a political opinion. To have such an expectation would show a degree of naivety, to say the least.

So you would expect the Skates to be able to pay the fine then? ;)

Where are those pesky Russkies ??

It's been over a month now since the deal was declared 'as good as done' !

The Blue Few will soon be revolting (oh sorry, they are already :)) !

Don't fret pony boy, If we ear enyfing you pilgrims will be the fist to know.....(especially if the knuts are loaded.)

Don't fret pony boy, If we ear enyfing you pilgrims will be the fist to know.....(especially if the knuts are loaded.)

Dear Mack. As not much at Poopey is entertaining us this week (Slow news week). Please can you send a video of yourself dancing for our amusement.

Thank you.

I think there have been two questionmarks over the Cheats FC using unlicensed agents :-

1/ Chris Le Besque in the transfer of Diarra as per this Sun report

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2944274/Pompey-560k-Diarra-probe.html?print=yes

I believe the 560k appeared on the 1st of AA's list of creditors but by the time the 2nd / final one was produced his name was now in the "Scout" column and the amount had changed to £401,509.A

Agents Name Address Total

Antonio Gonzales Flores C/ Manufactura 2, 2M Edificio Euro, Mairena Del Aljarafe, 41927, Seville, Spain 100,000

Base Soccer 3rd Floor, 33 Great Portland Steet, London, W1W 8QF 398,750

Carly Barnes c/o Simon Burn Solicitors, 123 Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershrie, GL50 1NW 40,000

Christophe Henrotay 13 Av. Des Papalins, 98000, Monaco 100,000

ExtraTime S L Calle Rossellon, 21613, 08008 Barcelona, Spain 220,000

Fichte & Co PO Box 116637, Sheik Zayed Road, Dubai 230,000

First Foot Limited Sir Walter Raleigh House, St Hellier, Jersey, JE1 488 105,600

Jeremie Rykner Rachel Imenu Street, 48A, Jerusalem, 93228 3 9,160

Milan Matinovic Universal Trade s.r.o, U Stadanky 3, 170 000, Prague, Czech Republic 100,000

Jacques Perais 39, Avenue Princesse Grace, Monaco 98000, France 2 ,045,455

Pini Zahavi Beit Amot Mishpat, 15th Floor, Shaul Hamelech Street, Tel Aviv, 64733 2 ,074,353

Pro Active Sports Management 9 13

Manchester Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1BQ 100,000

SC Sports Management International Rue de la Combe 1260, Nyon, Suisse 150,000

SKM Limited 6 Lansdowne Mews, London, W11 3BH 250,000

Skylet Andrew 1st Floor, 7 The Shrubberies, George Lane, South Woodford, London, E18 1BD 5 4,850

Soccer Network Limited 7 12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9BQ 637,500

Sport Invest UK Limited 98 Seymour Place, London, W1H 1ND 750,000

Stellar Group Limited 16 Stanhope Place, London, W2 2HH 365,000

Straight Ace Sports Management 50 Willow Vale, London, W12 0PB 260,000

Triple S Sports and Entertainment Group Limited La Sagesse, The Towers, Bemersyde Drive, Jesmond, Newcastle Upon Tyne 100,000

Up'n'Up Services 55 Queen Ann Street, London, W1G 9JR 150,000

Up'n'Up Sports Appt 301, 334 Queenstown Road, London, SW8 4NP 110,312

Willie McKay c/o Mason & Co, Charmex House, 14 Old Market Place, Altrincham, WA14 4DF 225,000

WMG 33 Soho Square, 5th Floor, London, W1D 3QU 204,250

Scout Name

Chris le Besque Avenue Longmalle 21, 1020 Renens, Switzerland 401,509

Richard Auger PTI, Rue Galilee 15, 1400 YverdonlesBains, Switzerland 218,125

Defoe is being sued by Andrew for breach of contract, having split with him before completing his £9m move from Spurs to Portsmouth last January. Andrew has alleged Defoe was illegally represented in that transfer by Mitchell Thomas, the former Tottenham player, who is an unlicensed agent, and that Stuart Peters, a licensed agent, was also involved.

I think there have been two questionmarks over the Cheats FC using unlicensed agents :-

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2944274/Pompey-560k-Diarra-probe.html?print=yes

I believe the 560k appeared on the 1st of AA's list of creditors but by the time the 2nd / final one was produced his name was now in the "Scout" column and the amount had changed to £401,509.A

A true Saints fan would have forwarded that to the FA with a request for an update. If that fails then a mail to each of the Journos that filed the stories. But that would be evil

Of course we'll be the first to know mackie boy.

After all we're the ones who keep dreaming them up and sending them down your way. Just surprised you lot ain't worked it out yet.

Nice article in the NY Times this week about the UAE Army recruiting a lot of Colombians for a special Brigade. Gives me an idea...

You haven't had a Colombian Drug Lord have a go yet have you?

A true Saints fan would have forwarded that to the FA with a request for an update. If that fails then a mail to each of the Journos that filed the stories. But that would be evil

Nah, no need. Any decent journalist would have this page earmarked or get their research assistant to keep them updated: "Sharon, get the latest from our Southampton research team, would you. Ta"

As for the FA, I've always assumed they were part of the conspiracy. They can't be that incompetent, surely? Ah...., well, OK, a bit of doubt there.

Looking at those fees how does one become a football agent? I've got a few languages, based on the continong, play footie, have an eye for a player (Stevie Mills, aahhh) and I'm honest... B*****r, done it again, haven't I?

Never mind being an agent how do you get 400k being a scout? That's a hell of a lot of woggles

Never mind being an agent how do you get 400k being a scout? That's a hell of a lot of woggles

EXACTLY.

I believe we recently (last Jan) had an ex-player doing some Scouting work for Arsenal re Alex. I bet he got paid nowhere near £401,509 for doing that Scouting work by Arsenal even (as rumoured) if he managed to "force" the deal through (leaks to press etc).

As certain people know him perhaps they can ask him what the going rate for Scouting is ?

imo it is areas like this that raise questionmarks in the cva and I hope the investigators are going into this level of detail.

Thats a great bit of detective work.

I wonder if they have any documentation proving the man is a scout and not an agent and if he is a scout can they put forward the players he scouted for them, or mysteriously is Diarra the only player he scouted?

how is that whole liquidation autopsy going?

If I were an investor I would be awaiting the outcome of the tax cases and the result of the look into the last few years before chucking my money down a black hole.

Then again I haven't got £300M from organised crime that I need to deal with.

Interesting to see the rich list at the weekend, I didn't realise that the owners of Huddersfield and Brighton are absolutely loaded.

The Liebherr family didn't seem to qualify so we weren't included which suits us fine, but if you were estimating which Lg1 club was likely to be able to bankroll a promotion campaign it would have been Swindon (!) with owners worth £450M, then Hudds £274M and Brighton £240M.

In Lg2, Cheltenham's owner is worth more than Al Fayed - and ten times as much as John Madejski!

The Swindon example seems to show that the owner could be worth millions but if it is tied up in companies or they are reluctant to chuck it at lost causes, the club can have the image of the division's paupers.

With a fortune worth £450M you would think you could find £5M to change a season.

The myth that we are paying our way up the league could be just that, there are teams with access to far more wealth than the Liebherr's sensible business plan allows - I would like to see a comparison of wagebills between the top three, I'm not sure it's as clear as we thought.

So if pompey are looking for a rich owner and want to know what they require, in the championship we have Watford's owners at £865M, Bristol City £750M, Ipswich £625M, Hull £590M.

West Ham's owners are worth £740M - and they are struggling to find enough funds to stabilise a club in a similar situation to pompey - so the alarm bells should be ringing.

On paper you think that someone with £20M could crack on and make a go of pompey but that just doesn't happen, it is people with massive fortunes that take a punt with that sort of figure.

If we look at Marcus, I believe he was valued at £3B? He stood to lose maybe £5M-10M max if he couldn't turn us round - small change for a businessman of his stature looking for a project to enjoy.

On our previous guesstimates I still reckon a new pompey owner needs to commit £100M to turn the ship around and sort the ground etc, it could even be double that.

Put that together with the details above and that for me is the key issue - with pompey's problems a multi-millionaire won't do - they really need to find a billionaire.

Who would release and risk a fifth or sixth of their entire wealth on a football club project unless they were a big fan?

As they have just proved with Saab - the Russians simply don't have enough money.

how is that whole liquidation autopsy going?

If I were an investor I would be awaiting the outcome of the tax cases and the result of the look into the last few years before chucking my money down a black hole.

Interesting to see the rich list at the weekend, I didn't realise that the owners of Huddersfield and Brighton are absolutely loaded.

The Liebherr family didn't seem to qualify so we weren't included which suits us fine, but if you were estimating which Lg1 club was likely to be able to bankroll a promotion campaign it would have been Swindon (!) with owners worth £450M, then Hudds £274M and Brighton £240M.

In Lg2, Cheltenham's owner is worth more than Al Fayed - and ten times as much as John Madejski!

The Swindon example seems to show that the owner could be worth millions but if it is tied up in companies or they are reluctant to chuck it at lost causes, the club can have the image of the division's paupers.

With a fortune worth £450M you would think you could find £5M to change a season.

The myth that we are paying our way up the league could be just that, there are teams with access to far more wealth than the Liebherr's sensible business plan allows - I would like to see a comparison of wagebills between the top three, I'm not sure it's as clear as we thought.

So if pompey are looking for a rich owner and want to know what they require, in the championship we have Watford's owners at £865M, Bristol City £750M, Ipswich £625M, Hull £590M.

West Ham's owners are worth £740M - and they are struggling to find enough funds to stabilise a club in a similar situation to pompey - so the alarm bells should be ringing.

On paper you think that someone with £20M could crack on and make a go of pompey but that just doesn't happen, it is people with massive fortunes that take a punt with that sort of figure.

If we look at Marcus, I believe he was valued at £3B? He stood to lose maybe £5M-10M max if he couldn't turn us round - small change for a businessman of his stature looking for a project to enjoy.

On our previous guesstimates I still reckon a new pompey owner needs to commit £100M to turn the ship around and sort the ground etc, it could even be double that.

Put that together with the details above and that for me is the key issue - with pompey's problems a multi-millionaire won't do - they really need to find a billionaire.

Who would release and risk a fifth or sixth of their entire wealth on a football club project unless they were a big fan?

As they have just proved with Saab - the Russians simply don't have enough money.

Apparently brown trousers are the bestseller at Gunwharf Quays at the moment :)

Just to keep a specific number in mind, that 300m is also wholly co-incidentally the number that the EU lent them to help rescue Saab.

In the "you couldn't make it up stakes" with regard to the ownership tales, forget the (unprovable) links to the Russian Mafia, I simply love the idea that you can now come up with a scam to bid to save a great European Manufacturing company, get loads of money out of the EU, then drip feed it into said company too slowly while making up partnership deals, before finally pouring all that free money into buying your own train set.

Don't you love what the FA FL UEFA & Fifa have managed to do to the beautiful game?

Looks like another day tomorrow without any court action assuming case will be heard by Judge Testar (court 7) as someone previously stated...

http://www.courtserve2.net/courtlists/current/crown/sthwk_T110519.02.htm

The jury retired to consider their verdict in the Riley/Davenport/Andersen case yesterday.

Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict - 13:29

As no one went to the "Mention" hearing last Friday WE do not know what the Judge decided for the Storrieteller/Milan case. He COULD have :-

• Decided to have that case at the same time as the Henry/Milan case in July/August. however I believe it is next up after the current case but I may be wrong.
  • Almost certainly there will be a Press backout on reporting the case, so information will be in short supply until the trial is over.
  • In fact he may stop all Press comment until the later trial (Henry/Milan) (recently there was a series of 19 trials where the press were not allowed to comment for 20 months on any of them, so that they could all get a fair trial).