Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Did I hear right on last night's programme that the joinery company owed £50k has now gone into administration.

Like Sugar said, they should have been treated the same as any other business and be closed down.

And the problem is in England there is far too much money, politics and crony-ism in the game and it means that any football club in the top 3-4 divisions is above the law.

Did I hear right on last night's programme that the joinery company owed £50k has now gone into administration.

Like Sugar said, they should have been treated the same as any other business and be closed down.

I hate the Skates as much as anyone but get a little bit uncomfortable with all this "they should have gone to the wall" and quoting the Sugar programme. I got the opinion that Sugar was talking about any club that went into admin, and we need to remember that we did some year before the Skates.Scudomore's defence of the leagues position that clubs are part of the community and that all should be done to help them with breathing space and stay afloat, sounds good when talking about us or Plymouth, but bad when talking about The Skates. There can not be "good" admin or "bad" admin, depending on who you support. Like it or not the Skates were subjected to the same rules we were and the same rules Crystal Palace were. At Palace the HMRC had to settle for 1.9p in the pound, should they have gone to the wall?

I hate the Skates as much as anyone but get a little bit uncomfortable with all this "they should have gone to the wall" and quoting the Sugar programme. I got the opinion that Sugar was talking about any club that went into admin, and we need to remember that we did some year before the Skates.Scudomore's defence of the leagues position that clubs are part of the community and that all should be done to help them with breathing space and stay afloat, sounds good when talking about us or Plymouth, but bad when talking about The Skates. There can not be "good" admin or "bad" admin, depending on who you support. Like it or not the Skates were subjected to the same rules we were and the same rules Crystal Palace were. At Palace the HMRC had to settle for 1.9p in the pound, should they have gone to the wall?
were the debts at these other clubs over 100m and racking up more until the revenue said enough was enough? When the media came out and stated they were in massive debt, they came out and rubbished the reports and carried on.

I firmly believe that they would have gone on and on taking money from suppliers still had the revenue not pulled the plug.

I understand the sentiment, but the blue few really were a completely different kettle of fish :)

They lied to the courts, they broke their promises to the FA, they tried to get agents paid ahead of other creditors, they promised to pay back businesses under 2.5k in full and they carried on signing players, whose contracts had mysteriously been paid up in full.

And that's before the CVA, where they all but admitted that they had jiggled the figures, allowed secured creditors to vote on the CVA and used an administrator, who let's be kind...... Had previous.

It was and is a web of deceit, that has seen no punishment, 100 million pounds written off and two fingers still firmly in the air.

Yes, we and others have been in admin, but that is where the comparisons stop.

The great lord made a couple of serious contradictions himself though :

He said that 'nobody can make money from football' but at the same time admitted that he bought Spurs for 8mil and sold them for 50mil !

He also mocked the other premier league chairmen for claiming he had a 'conflict of interest' over the Sky deal, as he supplied the satellite dishes ! He then proceeded to run to their negotiator (Sam Chisolm) to warn him that ITV had stepped in so he should immediately top their offer, which they did ! Personally I think that he sounded just about as crooked as the players, managers and agents he was so scornful about !

No he only went back to sky after ITV came back with a deal after the time limit for the bid had expired (which probably means that they were tipped off how much the original sky bid was), if one side can cheat so can the other.

I think the point he was making was until a Premier League club goes bust for financial issues, the Premier League will not get off its arse and make the clubs control their spending by ensuring money going out is less than money coming in.

Sugar was right that Man U went from Debt Free to £0.5 Billion debt due to leveraged buyout and what worries me is if the Leibherr Family ever want to part with the club is some Schuster could do do the same to us especially if we get to the Premiership. That is a classic example of why the FA should ban leveraged buyouts

I liked most of his ideas in the program, they all made sense. Money borrowed for improvements i.e. Ground, training academies etc...

I think the point he was making was until a Premier League club goes bust for financial issues, the Premier League will not get off its arse and make the clubs control their spending by ensuring money going out is less than money coming in.

Did you manage to forget that the Skates WERE a premier league club when they went bust ;)

I thought he said £15mil not £50 mil !!

That would add to £25mil which in round figures would make sense !

Might be wrong but that's what I thought I'd heard !

I rewound on iplayer and had to put up the subtitles where it said £50m. @14:41 - looked again and am sure he says £50 not £15

Edited by angelman

NAIL ON HEAD. I started to put together a comparison of our respective administrations to put it in to perspective... will have to dig it out and finish it off...

When they went into administration for a SECOND time, having learned nothing from the first time.

I understand the sentiment, but the blue few really were a completely different kettle of fish :)

They lied to the courts, they broke their promises to the FA, they tried to get agents paid ahead of other creditors, they promised to pay back businesses under 2.5k in full and they carried on signing players, whose contracts had mysteriously been paid up in full.

And that's before the CVA, where they all but admitted that they had jiggled the figures, allowed secured creditors to vote on the CVA and used an administrator, who let's be kind...... Had previous.

It was and is a web of deceit, that has seen no punishment, 100 million pounds written off and two fingers still firmly in the air.

Not to mention the fact that the Cheats had 6 or 7 years of sky money as they cheated their way to PL survival (and a couple of FA Cup finals), plus overly generous parachute payments for 4 more years when it all finally collapsed. That adds up to hundreds of million of undeserved income. Us, Palace, Luton, Bompey, etc. had but a fraction of their undeserved income.

Cheating, lying bastards.

"We're coming for you, we're coming for you,

You dirty skate cheats, we're coming for you"

...well that's what we should be been singing, imo. :hunt:

Actually I felt it should have been

You cheating skate bastards, we're coming for you"

But I didn't complain thought it was bloody marvellous to hear 30,000 fans (AND the kids in the Family centre) singing that AND the players at the end as well - lol

Actually I felt it should have been

You cheating skate bastards, we're coming for you"

But I didn't complain thought it was bloody marvellous to hear 30,000 fans (AND the kids in the Family centre) singing that AND the players at the end as well - lol

The kids were singing it at Plymouth mush. My nipper is a shepherd, not a sheep. :)

not sure if the regulars on here saw this post by TractorSaint ?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30045-Pictures-and-video-clips-of-end-of-season-celebrations&p=1039199#post1039199

makes a great ringtone :D

As 'TractorSaint' lives in p*rtsmuff he must be brave...or stupid...to have a ringtone like that. Probably not worth having your head caved in...particularly as he was an Ipswich fan (hence the Tractor boy)...nah what am I saying, ram it down the dirty cheats throats!

I rewound on iplayer and had to put up the subtitles where it said £50m. @14:41 - looked again and am sure he says £50 not £15

Must be getting a bit 'mutton' in my old age !

Confirmation that the Android a 'self confessed' cheat now !

When they mention "CSI", I cannot help but think "Crime Scene Investigation"

It does seem quite apt, doesn't it. Well from their forums, they haven't learnt a thing. Not even the slightest concern that the potential new buyer has been linked to the russion mafia, been alledged in money laundering and his company refused accreditation by the banking industry.

They will reap what they SOW.

However, even if these guys are serious, I can't see anything happening until;

1) Playoffs are decided - If Bournemouth do make it, even with smaller crowds, they have to be more appealing as at least they actually have 11 players (And they are buying a football club after all) and will be over 10 million pounds cheaper.

2) Court case is finished (Starts next week) - Will they still be intrested or does the price go down with a points deduction

3) They have physically got the money chanerai is after, which based on the two direct quotes that portsmouth are debt free and if abramovich sold tomorrow he would make millions, doesn't inspire me with confidence that that is actually the case.

2) Court case is finished (Starts next week) - Will they still be intrested or does the price go down with a points deduction

This has been raised numerous times in this thread, but do we know for sure a points deduction is possible if Redknapp/Storrie/Manadric are found guilty?

This has been raised numerous times in this thread, but do we know for sure a points deduction is possible if Redknapp/Storrie/Manadric are found guilty?

I think the club can only be punished if Storrie is found guilty as the other two are personal affairs. AFAIK We don't even know for sure a points deduction is possible even if Storrie is found guilty and frankly I'd be very surprised if they got one. IMO Either Storrie will get off on a technicality or he'll be found guilty, banned from running a business for x amount of years and Pompey are fined 300 quid.

jackfrost is right, arr and mandric doesn't matter.

Storries case does. I can't see a way they wouldn't get a points deduction if he is found guilty (Bournemouth, Tottenham, Luton, Watford) but that doesn't mean they will.

To highlight the Luton case they got deducted 30 points.

20 of those points were because they failed to exit admin without a CVA, which we know doesn't apply to Pompey (even if they did shaft the creditors)

Only 10 of those points were a punishment for 50 separate charges involving irregular payments

Whereas AFAIK Storrie is up before the beak because he attempted to conceal 1 irregular payment involving Amdy Faye's transfer. Unless I've missed something with storrie's case I really doubt him being found guilty will result in a points deduction, unless HMRC take him to the cleaners which on recent form seems highly unlikely

It'll depend on what evidence has been uncovered as part of the police investigation. The FA could quite feasibly build a strong case of financial irregularities within the club that they would otherwsie have never discovered if the police have dug up some juicy dossiers...

Of course, that assume the FA are even taking an interest in the case.

jackfrost is right, arr and mandric doesn't matter.

Storries case does. I can't see a way they wouldn't get a points deduction if he is found guilty (Bournemouth, Tottenham, Luton, Watford) but that doesn't mean they will.

QPR found Guilty M,lud,,,,,,There points deduction was a big round figure, You stable boys just don't get it! We have had our medicine, Easter only comes once a year, Hence no more crucification,

QPR found Guilty M,lud,,,,,,There points deduction was a big round figure, You stable boys just don't get it! We have had our medicine, Easter only comes once a year, Hence no more crucification,

Oh dear Mack me old mucker...

The medicine starts this summer...the long, drawn out decline of your beloved club is much more fun than a short sharp execution, which had PCFC been anything other than a football club is what would have happened.

Now, I wonder if they're still trading solvently or not....Solvent abuse is a serious matter.

Oh dear Mack me old mucker...

The medicine starts this summer...the long, drawn out decline of your beloved club is much more fun than a short sharp execution, which had PCFC been anything other than a football club is what would have happened.

Now, I wonder if they're still trading solvently or not....Solvent abuse is a serious matter.

Bird on a wire singing down our end of the ally that Mat La God is involved with them sneaky ruskies lookin at us,,,,,,,Thats gonna float like a lead bucket up your end Moosh!

You silly skate **** wtf has QPR got to do with it ? ...entirely different matter altogether you stupid smelly fish fiddling mong head .

oh by the way ..you stink ....so does your club ...and so does your poxy city.

Amen

Lolz.....your missing Simpson's son.

Bird on a wire singing down our end of the ally !

To be fair the birds on your wires haven't been very successfull in the last 5 years or so, but never mind that..... Talk me through " We've had our medicine" line.

I'm intrigued that a club who found themselves in admin for the third time and would have been relegated regardless of the points deduction (Ergo no penalty) seem to think they have paid their dues..... not withstanding the charities, local businesses and the odd 130 million quid of course.

Were Q.P.R. found guilty of tax evasion? No

Were Q.P.R. charged with a criminal offence? No

Were Q.P.R. found guilty of a criminal offence? No

Is there a precedent for clubs to receive points deductions for tax evasion committed by officials at the club? Yes

Edited by Matthew Le God

Interesting to see Norris has left Ipswich after turning down a new deal. Big rumours in Jan that he was a Skate target - whether he signs now or goes elsewhere will be a good indicator of whether they are going for financial reality or just carry on outbidding well-run clubs in the pursuit of 'quality over quantity' ™.

Interesting to see Norris has left Ipswich after turning down a new deal. Big rumours in Jan that he was a Skate target - whether he signs now or goes elsewhere will be a good indicator of whether they are going for financial reality or just carry on outbidding well-run clubs in the pursuit of 'quality over quantity' ™.

That's definitely one that Clotterill was talking about when he mentioned 2-3 free transfer targets... hope he f()cks off elsewhere and turns down the Skates, but knowing the blue few, they've probably offered him £30,000pw ...

wonder which of the pompey predictions will happen first, Matt leads the Russian consortium to a takeover, or Lambert agrees terms with Cotterill - difficult to judge.

I'd be surprised if Norris signs yet as they seem keen at the moment to reduce the wagebill to zero until they have income, and he'll be wanting £20K a week as that is the level they have set.

Even clubs in serious financial trouble have been able to afford summer wages, any club that needs to postpone new signings until the middle of August is a business on a knife edge.

So those alarm bells are ringing again - luckily the few can stick fingers in their ears and still have enough free to count into double figures.

Bird on a wire singing down our end of the ally that Mat La God is involved with them sneaky ruskies lookin at us,,,,,,,Thats gonna float like a lead bucket up your end Moosh!

I know for a fact that your potential new boss lives with his parents in a small semi in Minsk, so you may be right about MLTs recommendation? I hear he's getting Pompey for all the roubles in his piggy bank plus a Commodore 64!

Massive turnout for Linvoy's Legends match at Fr*tton tonight...

http://www.portsmouthlive.tv/

Linvoy Primus: “It’s going to be a great night out for families. We’re expecting a good match. So come down and join us at Fratton Park for a fun evening.”

From "officialPompey" twitter - "i don't know the attendance, but the South stand looks pretty full"?! Anyone know the capacity of the South Stand? 'Massive turnout?'

From "officialPompey" twitter - "i don't know the attendance, but the South stand looks pretty full"?! Anyone know the capacity of the South Stand? 'Massive turnout?'

No idea. Pathetic turnout by the world bestest fans. lol

Something that has not been mentioned is the investigation into the accounts following the liquidation. Judging by the state of affairs down there for the past couple of years and the androids working of the books to work some percentages in your favour, it doesn't seem that unlikely that the investigation might turn up a few more gems. If so it could well be your previous directors could still earn your lot some points penalty.

In your case it's a shame that all the crap thrown in the air when the club went bang didn't all fall at once as then you could happily know your club's main direction will be forward by now.

Luckily for us the crap in the air seems like a never ending weather system that seems like it will be Un-loading at regular intervals on your shed down the road for some time to come.

Justice may still yet be done my fishy friend! ;)

How interesting. I flew home on Sunday on an Emirates Boeing 777. And we are on page 777 of this thread.

That is all. Good night

I really want to know what you do out in Dubai! Let me know in the morning, if you don't mind ;)

Good night, DP, my future 'gaffer!