Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Sounds like they are going to dock points but don't want to do it the day before the last time a large group of QPR supporters will be assembled for a while. Possibly quite clever as the supporters may look a bit odd protesting about a decision that has not been announced when they protest.

It will be a shame if QPR are docked points,BUT! if they have been caught cheating, and it gave them an unfair advantage over the rest of US,Then they should expect to take some stick,

I'm guessing they're hoping -10 will be enough for them to finish second.

Maybe there is a cunning plan. If they finish 2nd after saturday with -10 the fine will be 10 points otherwise it will be 20?

It will be a shame if QPR are docked points,BUT! if they have been caught cheating, and it gave them an unfair advantage over the rest of US,Then they should expect to take some stick,

Haha. You make it very hard to not like you ya know!!

Looks like pompey are spending money they dont have again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9476342.stm

He told BBC Radio Solent: "The manager has indicated that he'd like to sign me permanently, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I'd like to have a foursome with Catherine Zeta Jones, Lucy Liu and Salma Hayek. But we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Must be the same architect as Chanrai's, it looks like the initial design for the fence around Fratton Heights - The forthcoming development of 230 luxury apartments and 30 retail units - with of course a small bit of land put aside for 'leisure use'.

But to satisfy the disgruntled few they'll paint the railings blue, so that's nice.

Or should that be Fratton Depths.....either way, weather permitting, it's opening summer 2012!

Interesting at the end of this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13301409.stm

The outcome of the hearing could also affect Plymouth Argyle.

BBC Sport understands that the west country side, relegated from League One, have taken legal advice because they are entitled to a six-figure sum of money if QPR are promoted from a player they sold to the Londoners.

So luckily for Pompey they could probably piggyback on Plymouth's legal challenge as looks like they would be in the same boat of losing money if QPR don't go up.

Interesting at the end of this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13301409.stm

So luckily for Pompey they could probably piggyback on Plymouth's legal challenge as looks like they would be in the same boat of losing money if QPR don't go up.

Interesting...that's if PCFCTCB's can actually afford legal assistance...

Nice spin on Halford BTW, anyone else hear his comments on Solent 'Well I'd like to stay but at the moment there's only 8 signing up so we'll see' - hardly itching to sign is he???

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those hotel rooms as the news is delivered by Stevie C to the players, and hear the 'whoops of joy' and undiluted pleasure.

As they hear the news that they no longer have to stay at Pompey.... ;)

Not according to Halford!

"Pompey feels like home to me, it's a great club and I love it here."

"Pompey's is the best dressing room I've ever been in. It seems like a second home and I've bedded in here really well. It's really important to enjoy your football and that's the certainly the case with the lads here."

"Pompey's is the best dressing room I've ever been in. It seems like a second home and I've bedded in here really well. It's really important to enjoy your football and that's the certainly the case with the lads here."

Yes but Halford also said that as they only had 8 players signed up, that he'd have to wait and see. Don't expect him to be pulling on a shirt for them next season.

clotterill has just released a rant on the news web site complaining that he is going to lose three players he has lined up.

Shame.

Wonder why he doesnt take a look at the youth squad.... oh yeah, he released them all.

Shame.

With Halford, they'll be spending money to stay where they are (i.e. keeping a player at the club). Either way its bad for them. He goes, and they are a player down. He stays, and they'll be spending cash they don't have right now.

I like it.

Clotterill on transfer targets:-

‘I haven’t missed out on any of them at the moment but it is very nip and tuck. The good thing about it is they want to come, that is the good thing.

‘Probably what they have done is come to Fratton Park at some stage, experienced what it is like and thought “this is a good football club”.

‘That will be down to our supporter base and the noise they have made wherever they have come.

Yeah, that would be it!

‘I haven’t missed out on any of them at the moment but it is very nip and tuck. The good thing about it is they want to come, that is the good thing.

‘Probably what they have done is come to Fratton Park at some stage, experienced what it is like and thought “this is a good football club”.

‘That will be down to our supporter base and the noise they have made wherever they have come.

Yeah, that would be it!

Yep, nothing at all to do with excessive wage payments above the other clubs interested. I can imagine the headline on the job offer....

'Pompey - 2011 wages in a 1930's stadium - fill your boots'

dream senario: Huddersfield win the play-offs, Bompey come runners up...... Pompey get to the last week of the summer break and cant put forward an acceptable bussiness plan to the FL and Bompey get bumped up a league....

I wonder what odds i would get..... :)

Yeah, that would be it!

I assume he has been reported to the FA/Football League for illegal approaches?

I assume he has been reported to the FA/Football League for illegal approaches?

Aren't the players he has targeted free agents? In which case he can probably talk to them.

But if they are free agents, it pre-supposes that their present clubs don't want them for whatever reason, or that if they are any good, then their agents will be makling sure other clubs talk to them as well.

Aren't the players he has targeted free agents? In which case he can probably talk to them.

But if they are free agents, it pre-supposes that their present clubs don't want them for whatever reason, or that if they are any good, then their agents will be makling sure other clubs talk to them as well.

I assume that one of them is David Norris - Ipswich have offered him a new contract, which suggests they're quite keen to keep him, and he's not out of contract yet. The "6 months" rule only applies to those moving to another country, so he would have been entitled to speak to Celtic, for example, seeing as they're always keen to snap up an average Championship clogger on a Bosman.

Presumably Cotterill has no power to do anything regarding new players as -

a.the business is for sale and it's reckless to take on new contracts.

b.the current owner doesn't want to spend anything.

So why is he even pretending?

Oh yes, the old season ticket sales scam!

Look at us, everything is great, no really, no problems at all, new squad, promotion push, please for god's sake can someone pay next month's wages??!!...

Unless they complete a deal a bit sharpish they are will be in a worse state than they were last summer - at least he has his US holiday once again at the taxpayer's expense.

free to talk to other clubs in the last year of their contracts iirc..

If they are soon to be free agents but contracted to clubs in England he isn't allowed to talk to them yet, it would be illegal to do it without the clubs permission. You can talk to foreign based players from January, but domestic players only 6 weeks before their contracts run out at the end of June. So that time hasn't arrived yet.

If they are soon to be free agents but contracted to clubs in England he isn't allowed to talk to them yet, it would be illegal to do it without the clubs permission. You can talk to foreign based players from January, but domestic players only 6 weeks before their contracts run out at the end of June. So that time hasn't arrived yet.

My understanding is that if a player is in the last year of his contract and has not been offered a new one, or held talks with the club by January 31 (I could be wrong on the date, it might even be January 1), he is at liberty to talk to other clubs.

I'm sure Clotterill has only spoken to those in that category.

After all, he has the FA's former top man in Jed Clampitt to advise him on any potential breaches of rules and regulations.

"Pompey's is the best dressing room I've ever been in. It seems like a second home and I've bedded in here really well."

So have they saved money on hotel rooms by making Halford sleep in the dressing room? :? :D

I've gotta say the administrator Brendan Guilfoyle at Plymouth has made the Andronikou look like a complete amateur 0.77p in the £ on £17M debt. Only £131,000 to pay back, barely less than a months wages for the Skates.

Apparently they have sold almost 8,000 season ticketrs which, if true, is not bad going to be fair

Well until those that bought by credit card find they have bought two tickets instead of one that is...