Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Actually of course, its 'hello again Avram' because his relegated club will be playing Saints next season - whereupon his local familiarity with the flesh pits of Eastleigh is sure to be a great moral booster for them

He was only having a massage, (fekin good rub down) fe'sure.

Actually of course, its 'hello again Avram' because his relegated club will be playing Saints next season - whereupon his local familiarity with the flesh pits of Eastleigh is sure to be a great moral booster for them

Except the chances of him still being there next season are roughly the equivalent of me sh@gging Pippa Middleton !

:):)

LOL at West Ham throwing away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 and getting relegated. How many weeks is it in the relegation zone for Avram now?

Anyone know if he made a speech afterwards?

West Ham manager Avram Grant on his side's relegation after their 3-2 defeat by Wigan: It's a very sad day for me, for the amazing supporters and the club. I knew the problems when I came here but I believed we could do something good. Maybe this game tells the story of the season. It started well for us, like many games, but what happened happened. For me it's the saddest day in my football life. I'm very, very sorry for the supporters and the club. It is a great club. It's a big club and I'm sure they will be back to the Premier League. But it's not the first time they've been in this situiation. I'm sure they will think about it. My future is not important right now."

Does that not sound familiar? I suppose he just rehearsed it last year ready for this year?

As you were: Avram may not be gracing the back streets of Eastleigh after all - according to the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9484432.stm)

"... it was the moment that sealed West Ham's fate - and in all likelihood the fate of manager Grant after a first half of optimism and hope was transformed into a second period of abject misery. West Ham's fans aimed a tirade of abuse in Grant's direction as he stood alone on the touchline as their Premier League life drained away, making their feelings abundantly clear about his performance this season."

:hunt:

West Ham manager Avram Grant on his side's relegation after their 3-2 defeat by Wigan: It's a very sad day for me.... For me it's the saddest day in my football life.

LOL

Clearly West Ham and their amazing fans meant more to him than Portsmouth and their "amazing" fans.

Edited by Tamesaint

LOL

Clearly West Ham and their amazing fans meant more to him than Portsmouth and their "amazing" fans.

I *know* this is the pimply takeover saga thread, but I saw this (from the same BBC article referenced above) and couldn't resist it:

'West Ham's East End rivals did not miss the target either as, just as Sammon levelled for Wigan, a light aircraft circled The DW Stadium several times trailing the banner: "Avram Grant: Millwall Legend." '

I *know* this is the pimply takeover saga thread, but I saw this (from the same BBC article referenced above) and couldn't resist it:

'West Ham's East End rivals did not miss the target either as, just as Sammon levelled for Wigan, a light aircraft circled The DW Stadium several times trailing the banner: "Avram Grant: Millwall Legend." '

Lol. Bet the Met aren't too happy. WHU, Millwall, Portsmouth and possibly Cardiff all hanging around... should be some interesting games in the capital with potential for pwoper bovva.

Did we miss a trick not doing one of these for Pompey? It may seem petty on the face of it but I've got to admit it is a little funny. I suppose there is still ample opportunity in the coming months as this thread is a long way from ending. What would you put on a banner?

Preston-North-End-007.jpg

The timing for this one was perfect, as it flew over the DW Stadium today just as Wigan equalised.

article-1387348-0C149C2400000578-29_634x286_popup.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

Did we miss a trick not doing one of these for Pompey? It may seem petty on the face of it but I've got to admit it is a little funny. I suppose there is still ample opportunity in the coming months as this thread is a long way from ending. What would you put on a banner?

The timing for this one was perfect, as it flew over the DW Stadium today just as Wigan equalised.

Would hate us to do one of those. Millwall are always bitter but Blackpool are getting massively above themselves as well.. one season in the PL...

I'm sure Blackpool did another one as well saying something like 'Poor little Preston enjoy League 1'. Two's a bit much!

So it begins.

arry and mandick in court assuring the judge this was just a mistake.

Storrie, not sure who to back or what to say, offers the judge a 5 year contract at 100k a week, based on his 25 years football experience.

Don't commit to too much Peter, the blue few have just lost one of their fixtures in the US and can't find anyone to pay for the flights, they might just need you.....Oh and remember to tell the truth, the freedom of Southampton awaits you.

So it begins.

arry and mandick in court assuring the judge this was just a mistake.

Storrie, not sure who to back or what to say, offers the judge a 5 year contract at 100k a week, based on his 25 years football experience.

:lol::lol::lol:

Looking at Grant's record at Pompey and WHU, it reads something like.....

Played 62

Won 12

Draw 18

Lost 32

54 points out of a possibly 186 (an average of 0.87 points per game)

Why oh why did WHU appoint him? He did appallingly at Poopey, so why did they expect anything better?

No one wants to play them in the US by the sounds of it:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_could_get_capital_gains_from_usa_trip_1_2684141

The Blues boss had been hoping to take in Orlando as well as Charleston, South Carolina, on a sponsored trip.

However, Orlando may now have to be dropped from the schedule, with Pompey struggling to get a fixture.

Two Premier League clubs have already lined up friendlies against Orlando this summer, which will take priority for the Americans.

It has left Cotterill instead contemplating flying into the capital, Washington DC – where the Blues played last summer – from England and then looking for fixtures around there.

And a Blackpool supporting producer on Countdown changed the 'Countdown Conundrum' to PNECRISIS.

Love it!

Also loving the fact that the Skates can't get a match in the YhooEssUvAyy.

I just dont get the Skates obsession with their pre-season tour ??

They want to play a bunch of mickey mouse teams that they can easily turn over, then proclaim they have an excellent squad, everything is rosy and they'll walk the league, thus hoping to sell more season tickets to the gullible few.

A simple plan, but one with a few glaring holes, like no-one wants to play them, and no-one wants to foot the bill :D

They want to play a bunch of mickey mouse teams that they can easily turn over, then proclaim they have an excellent squad, everything is rosy and they'll walk the league, thus hoping to sell more season tickets to the gullible few.

A simple plan, but one with a few glaring holes, like no-one wants to play them, and no-one wants to foot the bill :D

Could of course be more simple than that.

Nottreal could simply be looking for a freebie summer vacation,

"look Lampy, this pre-season thing isn't going right. Can you book me a ticket to Washington, then New York and down to Florida. better stop off in LA as well. I'll get it all sorted out, should take 3 weeks. Oh I got some discount vouchers you can use for the 5 star hotels and limo transfers, but can you do it quick, there are a couple of BOGOF deals on Business class at the moment and the wifey won't let me go alone....."

I've also heard there's a Big Global Money man who should be in New York for a few weeks, some French bloke. I'm sure I could get some help from his employers for next season.

lest we forget absent friends! - what would Ho add at this point if he hadn't been shamed into permanent garden leave?

The deal has already been done with the Russians and if what my ITK mate tells me is true they are richer than Abramovich and the Man City crew combined - they own the entire Middle East oil reserves and the left half of Russia.

And the nicer bits of China.

There is no delay - they have to wait for the last Prem games so they can announce some key signings without being in breach of contract, and Chanrai has had his cash, and cleared all the debt with the advanced 17,000 season ticket sales.

Lampitt has already agreed terms with Wenger and he's bringing Fabregas and Van Persie with him, looks like he has signed the unsettled Drogba as well, to replace Nugent - he was going to buy Lambert but it turned out the scum don't own him, he's owned by three Wirral consortiums - will be worth points penalties - should see you pony-fiddlers chucked down to Lge2.

Cotterill is staying on to work alongside Arsene until Mourinho can be freed up from Real, and they were both spotted deep in conversation with Lallana and Oxlade-Chamberlain at Port Solent Tesco cafe....£600K for the pair I heard.

Cortese wanted more but he's just desperate to sell as he knows the business is in big trouble since his new investor Bin Laden was found, I know a bloke at scum council and he tells me they have served a writ over unpaid rent of St Marys.

Wenger has a few young players he will bring with him from the academy as well, they will be training in Andy Awford's back garden until the training ground is completed at Titchfield.

Terry the builder should have it done by October, quicker if he can get a second wheel barrow, or a wheel for the first one.

Says he wants cash upfront.

This US tour isn't about games so the fixtures don't matter, it's all about global image rights, Cotterill has set up some massive deals with US corporations, it will make pompey one of the biggest sports brands in the world - it will open up overseas markets and bring in billions.

This funding will immediately be made available to Wenger and Mourinho to bring in Europe's best players while Awford will be delivering the best youth academy to guarantee success for decades.

It should all be announced next week, so quite an exciting summer ahead for the bestest 250,000 fans.

lest we forget absent friends! - what would Ho add at this point if he hadn't been shamed into permanent garden leave?

The deal has already been done with the Russians and if what my ITK mate tells me is true they are richer than Abramovich and the Man City crew combined - they own the entire Middle East oil reserves and the left half of Russia.

There is no delay - they have to wait for the last Prem games so they can announce some key signings without being in breach of contract, and Chanrai has had his cash, and cleared all the debt with the advanced 17,000 season ticket sales.

Lampitt has already agreed terms with Wenger and he's bringing Fabregas and Van Persie with him, looks like he has signed the unsettled Drogba as well, to replace Nugent - he was going to buy Lambert but it turned out the scum don't own him, he's owned by three Wirral consortiums - will be worth points penalties - should see you pony-fiddlers chucked down to Lge2.

Cotterill is staying on to work alongside Arsene until Mourinho can be freed up from Real, and they were both spotted deep in conversation with Lallana and Oxlade-Chamberlain at Port Solent Tesco cafe....£600K for the pair I heard.

Cortese wanted more but he's just desperate to sell as he knows the business is in big trouble since his new investor Bin Laden was found, I know a bloke at scum council and he tells me they have served a writ over unpaid rent of St Marys.

Wenger has a few young players he will bring with him from the academy as well, they will be training in Andy Awford's back garden until the training ground is completed at Titchfield.

Terry the builder should have it done by October, quicker if he can get a second wheel barrow, or a wheel for the first one.

This US tour isn't about games so the fixtures don't matter, it's all about global image rights, Cotterill has set up some massive deals with US corporations, it will make pompey one of the biggest sports brands in the world - it will open up overseas markets and bring in billions.

This funding will immediately be made available to Wenger and Mourinho to bring in Europe's best players while Awford will be delivering the best youth academy to guarantee success for decades.

It should all be announced next week, so quite an exciting summer ahead for the bestest 250,000 fans.

:lol: :adore:

A new contender for post of the thread! :D

Any news from the courts today?

There is another long running case (Riley/Davenport/Andersen) involving the Judge (Justice Testar) in Court 7 that has over run.

As of this morning that case was in "Trial (Part Heard) - Summing Up - 10:07".

So as far as I know the trial of Storrieteller and Milan has not started yet. They were in court last week for 30 mins "For Mention" (Cases listed for mention in court are usually to fix a date for trial or agree outstanding issues. They can sometimes lead to a change of plea).

The Riley/Davenport/Andersen case is due to continue tomorrow.

http://www.courtserve.net/courtlists/current/crown/sthwk_T110517.01.htm

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/fratton-latest

One of the (many) reasons the skates give us so much joy is that they do everything in public. They are like characters in Stenders - they have to go down the Vic to sort out a family quarrel or for some damning revelation, rather than do it in private. As long as I can remember (apart from a brief spell when old 'Arry the barra-boy was in charge) our club has always conducted itself with discretion and a bit of dignity, not washing its soiled linen in public. It almost seems compulsory on Portsea Island, however, and Clotterill seems to fit right on in like Alfie Moon has never been away. Strange, classless place.

Looking at Grant's record at Pompey and WHU, it reads something like.....

Played 62

Won 12

Draw 18

Lost 32

54 points out of a possibly 186 (an average of 0.87 points per game)

Why oh why did WHU appoint him? He did appallingly at Poopey, so why did they expect anything better?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

The boy Grant's on a hat-trick!!

A distinct possibility if Stevie-boy resigns and Avram gets his old job back at his "spiritual" home, with the bestest™ fans in the whole world. Actually it's a very physical home for him too, according to a number of Thai masseuses.

I know that there is to a certain extent a Jewish cabal, but Abramovich isn't that dumb. What possible good could he bring as DoF?

No idea but the Torygraph seemed to think he was a shoe-in for the job on a number of occassions in the past weeks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/8517564/Avram-Grant-stands-accused-as-West-Hams-fate-was-sealed-on-the-training-ground.html

Ouch, Henry Winter doesn't hold back....

But then what should they have expected? Poopey didn't have a training ground so it's no surprise that Avram had no idea what to do on a proper one.

And yet again, if somebody had bothered to ask the World's leading Football thread about Avram's training record we could have told them...

Avram? Training? Yes it's the thing he does before going to industrial estates in Eastleigh allegedly.

Telegraph

on visiting their training ground ........ BBC’s Lee Dixon.... He saw only “shambles”.

Raphael Honigstein reported that a West Ham midfielder asked Grant an important question before the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge on April 23: “Are we supposed to press on Essien and Lampard or sit?” Grant allegedly replied: “You have to work that out yourselves on the pitch.” West Ham were swept aside 3-0.

How Grant keeps getting jobs remains one of the mysteries of the modern game. A well-known Premier League manager last week confided his utter bemusement at Grant’s career, pointing out that it was unfair on up-and-coming managers and concluding that Grant must have some seriously influential friends. He does and West Ham paid the price