Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Not as funny though as in your relegation year, mainstream news reports about your Administration, live SSN reports outside the high court, Stan Collymore's 30 minute Talksport rant about your charity rip offs and unpaid local businessman invoices, how etc, etc. Oh how we all laughed!

PS - I hear Terry the builder is about to go bust after a Farton Park Extension?

Not to mention the cherry on top of the nicely iced cake - the Boateng penalty miss in the cup final.

It's the continual feed on 'Pompey's Plans for 2011/12' in the Snooze that makes me laugh...pure propaganda designed to convince the few that their future has a bit of a rosy tinge to it.

Reminds me of the two old professors on the Mary Whitehouse Experience.....

'See that player over there who can't get a game anywhere else? That's your top summer signing that is....' :D

This is a discussion forum. Endlessly posting newsnow links in this thread is even less relevant than the constant ego-****ing from a certain Dubai resident. Anyone that obsessed can easily hit F5 on the skate newsnow page themselves… :rolleyes:

If it gets overturned, would this be applicable to Pompey's administration or have they got away with it and it only applicable to Plymouth and future cases?

I thought HMRC left some wriggle room, with an appeal if they wanted to, if so, they are waiting for this.

I thought HMRC left some wriggle room, with an appeal if they wanted to, if so, they are waiting for this.
i agree I thought they left a caveat todo so, but as the old club has been wound up where can they go?

Pompey are to join a ground-breaking scheme offering young talents the chance to make a name for themselves in the futsal world.

The Blues are to give aspiring players the opportunity to join their all-new futsal and education scholarship.

The Blues are one of eight sides in the south chosen to compete in the league alongside Exeter, Bristol City, Plymouth, Cardiff, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham and Reading.

Former Blues favourite Paul Hardyman, now head of sports and coaching at the Pompey Sports & Education Foundation, believes it is an exciting development for the club.

‘We’re delighted we’ve been chosen to be involved and it’s a bonus we were picked above Southampton as well!

Yes Mr Hardyman of course you were picked above Southampton, because you are so special! - alongside those other galactico-producing, coaching giants Cheltenham, Plymouth and Exeter - Wenger is always down at Cheltenham keeping an eye on his next target, trying to make sure Liverpool don't beat him to it.

Nicola has missed a trick there, I bet he wishes we had an after school club too rather than an internationally-respected academy.

Just more spin for the few to lap up.

Pompey are to join a ground-breaking scheme offering young talents the chance to make a name for themselves in the futsal world.

The Blues are to give aspiring players the opportunity to join their all-new futsal and education scholarship.

The Blues are one of eight sides in the south chosen to compete in the league alongside Exeter, Bristol City, Plymouth, Cardiff, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham and Reading.

Former Blues favourite Paul Hardyman, now head of sports and coaching at the Pompey Sports & Education Foundation, believes it is an exciting development for the club.

‘We’re delighted we’ve been chosen to be involved and it’s a bonus we were picked above Southampton as well!

Yes Mr Hardyman of course you were picked above Southampton, because you are so special! - alongside those other galactico-producing, coaching giants Cheltenham, Plymouth and Exeter - Wenger is always down at Cheltenham keeping an eye on his next target, trying to make sure Liverpool don't beat him to it.

Nicola has missed a trick there, I bet he wishes we had an after school club too rather than an internationally-respected academy.

Just more spin for the few to lap up.

is this what they have beaten us to? http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/futsal/index.html

Well their first team could just about compete in that game, just about enough players for a team. PMSL.
it also has something to do with beach football. hopefully that is where they will be playing when justice is done

5-a-side games might be all they can manage after the loanees, youth players and Nugent have fecked off.

Well they can get some pre season practice in at our SMS tournie then, sure they'd be given a great welcome by the other Saints fan teams on the day

Pompey are to join a ground-breaking scheme offering young talents the chance to make a name for themselves

as groundworkers, steelfixers, JCB drivers, brickies, shutterers, plumbers etc. when ground-breaking starts at the old Fratton Park ground. Due to council requirements a 5-a-side pitch will be included...

That's probably what'll happen.

more news..

Fri, 13 May 12:57:25 2011

ShareretweetEmailPrintMichael Brown and Richard Hughes head a 10-strong list of out-of-contract players who have all been released by Portsmouth.

Brown, formerly of Sheffield United, Tottenham, Fulham and Wigan, has not played for Pompey since Boxing Day due to a clause in his contract which would have triggered a new deal, crucially, on wages the club could not afford had he made one more appearance.

Fellow midfielder Hughes has also been let go due to a similar clause which prevented manager Steve Cotterill from playing him in another game for the Championship club, with his final appearance also coming in late December.

Talks broke down between the pair and Portsmouth in January when a financial compromise was unable to be reached despite the club`s desire to keep them on board. Both players now leave Fratton Park on free transfers.

Brown and Hughes are joined in their release by goalkeeper Darryl Flahavan, striker Danny Webber and youngsters Marlon Pack, Pete Gregory, Tom Kilbey, Perry Ryan, Ellis Martin and Billy Goddard"

Massive LOL at how "picky" they are about players. "Oh, he's not good enough" attitude, hypothesising about bringing in more 'quality' players that other clubs could seldom afford and an amusing line about how they'd even accept Marlon King at Fratton (but the author does emphasise that he wouldn't like to see him in a Pompey shirt... yeah right).

Nothing ceases to surprise me with that disgusting lot.

Edited by Crab Lungs

Don't knock Marlon King, everyone deserves a 14th chance.

Who releases every player they can - unless it is purely about cost-cutting?

The spin says please buy season tickets because we have new owners, while the facts suggest there is still a massive financial problem that needs addressing now.

While the few sink and the red tide rises, let's hope Mack doesn't see Cortese's master plan as quoted by our new scout supremo - it has everything that Corp Ho claimed was going to happen to them - apart from the Harbourdome, Maradona and Eto obviously!

I won't get too excited about the Champions League just yet!

Let's get out of the championship first, and that's not going to be as easy as some people think.

WARNING - do your own punchlines gag appraching -

If they hang onto Cotterill I still reckon pompey can get out of this division before we can.

...and I can't believe this even has it's own Wikipedia page? If this dreamers confabulation has one, surely we all should have one too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Dockland_Stadium

One of my favourite parts;

Cost

The new stadium was expected to cost £600 million, which would have been funded by Portsmouth FC. The sale of supermarkets on the old Fratton Park site as well as the surroundings of the new stadium will provide most of the funds needed.

£600m, generated by "the sale of supermarkets" and reclaimed land that doesn't even exist? Seriously? :lol:

Edited by Crab Lungs

...and I can't believe this even has it's own Wikipedia page? If this dreamers confabulation has one, surely we all should have one too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Dockland_Stadium

One of my favourite parts;

£600m, generated by "the sale of supermarkets" and reclaimed land that doesn't even exist? Seriously? :lol:

And the same architect who worked on Beijings Olympic Stadium...

Except the Portsmuff "Birdsnest Stadium" would be more realistic covered in seagull sh1t.... :lol:

From the Guardian last week - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/06/fa-faw-cardiff-swansea

The taxman cometh

The football creditors' rule could be overturned as soon as November after a high court hearing on Thursday into the Plymouth Argyle insolvency led to HM Revenue & Customs challenging it again. The controversial rule, which protects footballers and other clubs at the expense of other unsecured creditors, has long been a bugbear for the taxman.

HMRC has lost tens of millions of pounds in football insolvencies since losing its preferential-creditor status in 2003. But, whereas Sir George Anthony Mann announced as the judge in the Portsmouth insolvency case last August that he was not equipped to rule on the football creditors' rule without a separate case to examine it, Sir Guy Newey decided he would.

In the meantime there has been a football-governance inquiry by a parliamentary select committee at which even senior football figures such as Manchester United's chief executive, David Gill, have declared the rule indefensible. The new case is scheduled for 28 November – the privileged protections for millionaire footballers over insolvent clubs' local-community suppliers are not likely to survive.

Shame they can't make this retroactive and hammer the Cheats.

I know you did Hermie But it was on the goggle Box, The humiliation for all to see, The season you fell into the abyss,The deckchair army stunned into utter disbelief,,,,Oh happy days,

Looking back at some illegally bought happy days is all that's left for the few, crumbs of comfort as it's now time to pay the piper.

Desperate decades coming for the few, facing the depths of despair with nothing to look forward to but abject misery. :D

WARNING - do your own punchlines gag appraching -

If they hang onto Cotterill I still reckon pompey can get out of this division before we can.

That's right, because if they hang on to Cotterill .....

No, that's too easy. Just like shooting fish in a barrel.

whatever happened to the Titchfield training ground? So glad that fell apart. Couldn't bare to think of Titchfield being home to that lot.

Last we heard gayboy still has that, If it was mine after the Argo he got from the local authority i would open it as a Pikey camp site,

Last we heard gayboy still has that, If it was mine after the Argo he got from the local authority i would open it as a Pikey camp site,

Ah following on from rallyboy's stylee, there are just so many possible responses to that last one..... 8)

I'll settle for "Perhaps that's where Corp Ho has been all these past weeks"

I was surprised they have got rid of Marlon Pack as i thought he was quite good.

No choice, We still have leaches sucking the life blood out of us (chinny missed a trick hear, a contract on them would work out cheaper than paying silly wages for a player holding you for ransom) another legacy from Porky pie era, As for the likes of Boogent, Brown, and the BurgerBoy, Sat on the bench happy to take inflated prem dosh, Then when we needed them took the pizz.

he has two years to go, that amounts to costing the business about £5M - or half of their entire wages budget if the club was run sensibly.

He can't get those crazy wages anywhere else so presumably they'll have to find £2M to pay him off - that's if someone takes him.

No choice, We still have leaches sucking the life blood out of us (chinny missed a trick hear, a contract on them would work out cheaper than paying silly wages for a player holding you for ransom) another legacy from Porky pie era, As for the likes of Boogent, Brown, and the BurgerBoy, Sat on the bench happy to take inflated prem dosh, Then when we needed them took the pizz.

Why are you blaming the players? It isn't their fault the club offered them the deals they did. Should they have said "No, I'm not worth that much per week, give me less on a shorter contract"? This is people's livelihoods, they want the best they can possibly get, just like any Pompey fan with their employer they aren't going to turn down good terms if offered them.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Why are you blaming the players? It isn't their fault the club offered them the deals they did. Should they have said "No, I'm not worth that much per week, give me less on a shorter contract"? This is people's livelihoods, they want the best they can possibly get, just like any Pompey fan with their employer they aren't going to turn down good terms if offered them.

Your rite M Le G....But knowing the club have dropped off the gravy boat, are in deep sh*t and your over inflated wages could push them under, And not giving a sh&t, shame next week was not easter and we could have a new Jew on a stick!,,,,as i said (chinnys missed a trick)

Mack me old mucker, you do trade sensible banter on occasions and you do accept that we think you all fiddle with your sisters and badly tarmac old ladies' drives for cash - but I do sometimes look at your postings and wonder what language they are in.

Was that a borderline racist attack on one of your own players, disguised only by the fact that you got your pet chimp to google translate it from Skate into semi-English?

Though it's always nice to see the rarely spotted quadruple consecutive comma formation.

So we like that you come on here with generally realistic banter but we're worried about your state of mind - it all looks a bit frenzied...in future calm down before you punch the keyboard. :)

Without the football creditors rule the players and agents would have looked at the clubs and chose the club most likely to pay their fee.

The players would have put the club into administration before the tax man and they wouldn't have voted for the CVA.

Without the football creditors rule the players and agents would have looked at the clubs and chose the club most likely to pay their fee.

The players would have put the club into administration before the tax man and they wouldn't have voted for the CVA.

That's one of the items which sticks in my throat, and I think it was an AA ploy. How can any creditor, who has a cast iron guarantee they will get their money, partake in a vote which will mran nthing to them but have far reaching effects on all the other, non guaranteed, creditors. CHEATS.

I wouldn't shout that idea too loud as he's not overly enamoured by chinny and he already has a tarmac area right outside **** park that would be perfect to put his nose out joint.