Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

maybe, but having ****ed up so badly previously perhaps the new version of the test is much more rigorous, or at least they are taking a little more time to actually check up on the details in the forms.

I believe to correct problems from the previous FAPPT the new form does at least now have a check box for 'Do you actually exist?'

An interesting article on the pompey site from one of their main mouth pieces and fans representitives. In a complete change of heart, they are now advocating that Sasha was a great chairman, served the club well and left them financially sound, it was just he sold it to a potless billionare arab.

Now if you follow what has happened to daddy gaydamak in the last couple of weeks, you could be forgiven for thinking a few people are being softened up here..... but then a return would be to much even for this sordid story.... wouldn't it?

We shall see.

I believe this is the article you are refering to...

http://www.fansonline.net/pompey-fans/article.php?id=301

Access to the Bank of Sacha allowed the club to build a squad to compete with, and beat - at Old Trafford in March 2008 - the best. The winning of the FA Cup in the modern age by Portsmouth, run-down-ramshackle, Pompey, remains one of the outstanding achievements in English football in the past decade.

Just goes to show , they have not learnt anything from what has happened. That was a side that Bank of Sacha could not afford FFS, that's why they are in the mess they are. But we all know that, and the few are just far too stupid to realise I guess. (or they do realise & don't care)

Edited by Gorgiesaint

'Seeing Norwich fans celebrating last night I had a feeling of 'done that' - will they have 5 trips to Wembley in 2 years, finish 8th and 9th in successive seasons, win the FA Cup, compete in the UEFA Cup group stage?' A Pompey fan on their site

This sums up exactly what i have felt all along. It doesn't matter what sanctions the club gets their 'long suffering fans 'Tm have the memories forever.This generation of pompey fans had experiences that 88 clubs fans would give their right arm for. They dont have any shame how they got those memories but just sup it all up.

Who were right, the former owners of SFC who tried to do things by the book or the Pompey way.

Perhaps Saints should have followed the Fratton way

I believe this is the article you are refering to...

http://www.fansonline.net/pompey-fans/article.php?id=301

Access to the Bank of Sacha allowed the club to build a squad to compete with, and beat - at Old Trafford in March 2008 - the best. The winning of the FA Cup in the modern age by Portsmouth, run-down-ramshackle, Pompey, remains one of the outstanding achievements in English football in the past decade.

Just goes to show , they have not learnt anything from what has happened. That was a side that Bank of Sacha could not afford FFS, that's why they are in the mess they are. But we all know that, and the few are just far too stupid to realise I guess.

It just leaves you quite incredulous, how after all this time the greater majority still don't get it. The bank of Sasha ROTFPML. Outstanding achievements in, money laundering, cheating robbing lying & rapping an excuse for a football club. And they'd be up for it once again?

Just seems to me that they've been on this delusional pluck poopey fighting against the odds, has just brainwashed (in the loosest terms) so many people they now believe its true.

Clearly the next season will be the interesting one, let's assume they stumble through the next few wagebills and make it to August.

Assuming there is no significant new investment -

The squad clearout is desperately needed though there will still be a few players making a joke of the salary cap, from the business side they will get the wages down to a sustainable level as long as they don't continue the quality over quantity madness.

Income - season ticket money will be down again and I can't see an increase in sponsorship or commercial activity.

Normally this business might just be able to break even.....

Sadly there's a cva on the horizon and if a squad was gathered on the above terms they would be in the relegation battle they delayed from this season.

If the court cases go against them as well they could be starting the season with a really weak squad and a penalty.

A year ago I would have said they are banged to rights on the tax evasion but with the legal escapes they have already managed I can't see a points penalty being imposed - unless QPR get hit hard and the few's case pops up on the FA radar at an unfortunate moment.

As the season progresses we're likely to see another attempt at delaying the cva, though I think it has to be paid in the time limit so they would leave themselves with an almighty lump sum to find in year five - maybe the current owner doesn't regard that as his problem.

A business you used to own has been hit with a massive sporting penalty? Who cares!

The big flaw with the Russian plan? - sounds like they are asking the loan shark to go back to where he was before, owed money but with no control of the business.

Currently he has rights over the ground and transfer income, he's not going to release that without some cash in hand.

As they say in Russia, there's nowt worse than tyre-kicking money launderers.

If they do agree a deal I can just see more debt being added to the black hole, they aren't going to put their own money in, if the were they would buy with a lump sum - Saab is seeking lending as well so these guys seem reluctant to part with any cash.

I cannot see a situation where they can compete in the transfer market to get Prem quality players the masterplan requires.

The dream scenario to potential buyers seems to be a Prem return and the riches that accompany that.

On paper they are one promotion away - in reality they are £10-20M from that, and no one wants to put a quid in.

And if they did get back up the feeding frenzy from interested parties looking for their money back would look like a bloodbath.

Best case?

What I would call the justice scenario - Minus 25pts, weak squad, 6K gates.

Worse case? - they get dumped down a division and we don't get to hammer them at Fratton.

Most likely - no irregularities found, no tax evasion proved, new owners with little cash, bumbling along in midtable mediocrity, 3rd/4th on the south coast.

I think Storrie should at least get a plaque outside St Mary's if he's found guilty and Pompey end up with a massive points deduction.

If they end up being liquidated I think he should get the freedom of the city of Southamtpon

When are they due their next chunk of parachute payment, & do they still owe footballing debt's maybe they hope this will pay the CVA & get them through the summer? Unless Chainrai gets his grubby hands on it first. Anyway no money for team building, unless thy say F**k the CVA we'll buy some more expensive players we cant afford to buy & Pay Cheats!

When are they due their next chunk of parachute payment, & do they still owe footballing debt's maybe they hope this will pay the CVA & get them through the summer? Unless Chainrai gets his grubby hands on it first. Anyway no money for team building, unless thy say F**k the CVA we'll buy some more expensive players we cant afford to buy & Pay Cheats!

As i believe Clapham Saint noticed something in the CVA which basically meant "if we have no money to be able to, no creditor will get a penny from the CVA" I think signing more premiership rejects on ridiculous wages is exactly what they'll do, until the parachute money runs out.

As i believe Clapham Saint noticed something in the CVA which basically meant "if we have no money to be able to, no creditor will get a penny from the CVA" I think signing more premiership rejects on ridiculous wages is exactly what they'll do, until the parachute money runs out.

Whilst what you say will probably transpire, I'd like to know how they will argue that in law & the CVA, not sure how the parachute payments work now? But they were to get 48-million over a four year period, I think it was to be 2 larger payments followed by 2 smaller ones so they could well have 15/16-milion coming in the near future, can't see how they can argue they have no money to pay the CVA. Surley its in Bellend Chainrai's interest to keep this circus stumbling on to cream off as much as possible from said Parachute payments. But I am looking at this trough reasoned expectations/thinking (god I need to get a grip & remember its the BEF we are talking about here) Doh!

Whilst what you say will probably transpire, I'd like to know how they will argue that in law & the CVA, not sure how the parachute payments work now? But they were to get 48-million over a four year period, I think it was to be 2 larger payments followed by 2 smaller ones so they could well have 15/16-milion coming in the near future, can't see how they can argue they have no money to pay the CVA. Surley its in Bellend Chainrai's interest to keep this circus stumbling on to cream off as much as possible from said Parachute payments. But I am looking at this trough reasoned expectations/thinking (god I need to get a grip & remember its the BEF we are talking about here) Doh!

Yes, for all clubs relegated from the prem who aren't the Skates the parachute payments are:

2 x £16m (1st 2 years)

2 x £8m (3rd and 4th years)

However, the Skates received thier first payment - of £11m - in the January when they were still in the prem. They used part of this money to sign the players who dumped us out of the cup.

Now, with almost the 1st year over since their relegation they have used the first 2 year's worth of parachutes - £32m.

So they only have years 3 and 4 left - £16m - which they shouldn't really see any of for at least another 12 months.

Yes, for all clubs relegated from the prem who aren't the Skates the parachute payments are:

2 x £16m (1st 2 years)

2 x £8m (3rd and 4th years)

However, the Skates received thier first payment - of £11m - in the January when they were still in the prem. They used part of this money to sign the players who dumped us out of the cup.

Now, with almost the 1st year over since their relegation they have used the first 2 year's worth of parachutes - £32m.

So they only have years 3 and 4 left - £16m - which they shouldn't really see any of for at least another 12 months.

In the meantime, should they get promoted next season, they will forfeit those payments (which get shared to the other clubs IIRC). Is this Chinchannery's cunning plan? For them to actually NOT get promoted? Looks a good theory to me!

In the meantime, should they get promoted next season, they will forfeit those payments (which get shared to the other clubs IIRC). Is this Chinchannery's cunning plan? For them to actually NOT get promoted? Looks a good theory to me!

I am sure that could be the plan. Well at least maybe indirectly. To get promoted they would need a squad of players, and to do that Chin has to dip into his pocket, which certainly isn't part of the plan.

I doubt it. Chinny would love to have been promoted, do a Derby and finish bottom on single digit points, and trouser a fresh 4 years of parachute payments. That's why he funded Lawrence and co.'s wages for the season with the highest paid squad in the division. The gamble failed. I reckon Lumpitt convinced him at the beginning of the season that the expensive "quality over quantity" would take them up. Now he's trying to rewrite history:

Lampitt tells the website: 'At the start of the season, if I had been offered mid-table safety and the financial position we are now in, I would have grabbed it with both hands. So if there is any disappointment, I believe it is a measure of what has been achieved in some very difficult circumstances.

Somehow I don't think the loan shark is going to fall for this spin, and I doubt he's amused. If I were Lumpitt I'd be nervous about waking up with a severed horse's head lying on the pillow next to me.

THe sixtyfour million dollar question, if the new company was to go into administration, would the money owed to the CVA be classified as a creditor. And could it feasibly be renegotiated at 20p in the pound on the new CVA and the creditors from the original CVA ending up with 4p in the £ overall

I think Storrie should at least get a plaque outside St Mary's if he's found guilty and Pompey end up with a massive points deduction.

If they end up being liquidated I think he should get the freedom of the city of Southamtpon

At the very least we should commission Ian Brennan to make a sculpture of the Storrieteller. It should be erected on the site where Krap Nottarf used to be (after its demolition).

Quite a buzz down in bompey today apparently, things moving close to some sort of deal apparently

Stop Press Russkies project man spotted down there today

URGENT: Please clarify - you are saying the Russians are back in for Bournemouth and have deserted P********H?

URGENT: Please clarify - you are saying the Russians are back in for Bournemouth and have deserted P********H?

The Russkies looked a number of clubs - have evidence on that for anyone wants to come to Salisbury for beer Friday to somewhere with innernet. they looked before and have some comments from them about it.

They looked TWICE at Bompey once the Echo went all Lifelongcherrypip about it and once quietly again later posted about his car being spotted in Bompey

It was ODD that they then appeared at Poopey but knowing they really want a lcub could have been last option

But somehow that public posturing MAY have driven Eddie back to the table

Then the link above on the Bompey forum that they were spotted in Eddie's box last weekend

And their Biz manager spotted today

Are they doing a deal, no proof. Could they have strung Poopey along to get Eddie back to the table - oh wouldn't that be funny. In fact it would be so funny it could only have been done on purpose

Let's see, I'm just in smirk mode at the moment at the thought that something like that COULD possibly happen wouldn't describe it as a Baldrick moment

yet 8)

And no not remotely in a position to take credit for it if that did happen just that I saw it happening sort of my latest Sultan Bin Trump & Al Mirage research moments & kepyt a couple of scpetics up to date that it could be a possibility for the past few months

Oh and because I'm gonna be a Sardine on an Emirates A380 most of tomorrow & me Mum doesn't have internet I'll be a bit out of the loop so will only be able to get on here from the Library for an hour each day

Thanks for the clarification Phil - I am sure we all await developments with bated breath! Not sure Bompey is a better buy than Pompey but it's their money - or is it????

Oh and because I'm gonna be a Sardine on an Emirates A380 most of tomorrow & me Mum doesn't have internet I'll be a bit out of the loop so will only be able to get on here from the Library for an hour each day

7 words for you Phil

Duty free. Ipad. Salisbury. Starbucks. Free WiFi

Lampitt tells the website: 'At the start of the season, if I had been offered mid-table safety and the financial position we are now in, I would have grabbed it with both hands. So if there is any disappointment, I believe it is a measure of what has been achieved in some very difficult circumstances.

I read that as "We've done a great job, there is no takeover and next year is going to be tougher".

7 words for you Phil

Duty free. Ipad. Salisbury. Starbucks. Free WiFi

Samsung laptop Bournemouth Biz meeting Friday. MAYBE if I get time Salisbury Library Desktop 2moro

Duty Free fags all booked but still bottle of booze at cost in return for apint Sat night available PM wins but before 1:45 your time

and the funniest rumour ever made up on The News site?

Is it the Saints are in massive debt and Cortese is trying to offload them because they don't even own the ground - always a funny one if you believe everything you hear from a wino on a park bench.

No, it's todays breaking news that the mate of a bloke down pompey works at St Marys and has confirmed that pompey are currently tabling a bid for Lambert.

What with - fricking shirt buttons??

The deluded few are so dim.

The Russkies looked a number of clubs - have evidence on that for anyone wants to come to Salisbury for beer Friday to somewhere with innernet. they looked before and have some comments from them about it.

They looked TWICE at Bompey once the Echo went all Lifelongcherrypip about it and once quietly again later posted about his car being spotted in Bompey

It was ODD that they then appeared at Poopey but knowing they really want a lcub could have been last option

But somehow that public posturing MAY have driven Eddie back to the table

Then the link above on the Bompey forum that they were spotted in Eddie's box last weekend

And their Biz manager spotted today

We could be surrounded by crooked clubs next season then!

Is it the Saints are in massive debt and Cortese is trying to offload them because they don't even own the ground - always a funny one if you believe everything you hear from a wino on a park bench.

No, it's todays breaking news that the mate of a bloke down pompey works at St Marys and has confirmed that pompey are currently tabling a bid for Lambert.

As if Rickie would consider a retrograde step at this stage of his career!

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/492492838?-11209

He has long wait possibly

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/492518508?-11209

Hope steve has enough money in his account to pay for this, unless the season ticket money is paying for the teams final holiday before they fold

So they`re going to Orlando. Isn`t that the home of Mickey Mouse and a lot of other cartoon characters? Say no more!

You have to remember, they also get a million through for the Genoa payment and from QPR for getting promoted (the Tommy Smith deal) so they'll survive for a while yet.

QPR aren't promoted just yet...

You have to remember, Chanrai will also get a million through for the Genoa payment and from QPR for getting promoted (the Tommy Smith deal) so he'll be a little happier for a while yet.

Fixed for you :thumbup:

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. When you take into consideration the vast amounts of classics we've already read over the duration of this thread, that is going some!

The funniest thing about those rumours are that even if they were true, we'd still be in an infinitely better position than them !!!

Sounds like they are going to dock points but don't want to do it the day before the last time a large group of QPR supporters will be assembled for a while. Possibly quite clever as the supporters may look a bit odd protesting about a decision that has not been announced when they protest.