Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Interesting report about SAAB today. The future looks saved as the owners of SAAB, Spyker (owned by the Russians interested in Pompey) have secured a short-term loan of 30 mill euros. Production in Sweden is set to resume after three weeks of non-production after suppliers couldn't be payed. At the same time SAAB is set for a partnership with Chinese manufacturer Hawtai Group and is set to start another production line in China.

SAAB has also applied for a loan of 29 mill Euros at the EU Investment Bank - not yet granted.

Link (in Norwegian): http://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/utland/article4110083.ece

Saints shirts spotted in Petersfield and Oakhanger today - there's only one club in Hampshire and the county is being reclaimed mile by mile.

With Brighton squeezing pompey from the east as well it's all looking as bit like the opening credits of Dad's Army.

It's turning into the blue very few.

There is at least another 3 or 4 Saints fans in and around Bordon

Haha Connor McNamara on 5live talking about Kanu with Claridge, couldn't believe kanu still has 2 years left on his contract. Claridge - looks like he's barely got 2 games left in him, let alone 2 years lol

Not only that, but from the match report "Kanu, a starter here, is rumoured to be still earning £80,000 a week"

After all they only just missed the play offs by a whisker..... If you define a whisker as 15 points, 10 league places and a goal difference difference of about 20... (not to mention the 26 points they are behind Norwich which he appears to be comparing them against)

Can't help but think that getting in one or two new players would have had that much difference in the end but there you go..

Edited by pedg

Arguably the best support pound for pound you just have to laugh don't you, If only we'd been allowed to cheat more in January by bringing in more new players we couldn't afford to add to the already unmanageable wage bill. Where do they keep finding these deluded T**ts to manage them?

Arguably, pound for pound, we have the best support in the Championship and, do you know what, with a little bit of help and a few players that might have been us this year.

Yes Steve, let's ignore the facts shall we - 13th in the average attendance league and 30 points adrift despite choosing to outbid teams at the top of the table with your cunningly suicidal recruitment policy.

Yet another new version of history for the deluded few to suffer.

Is it wrong to feel sorry for some of them having to put up with this while we celebrate our own season?

Or shall I just remind myself of the arrogant rubbish we have had to put up with from a criminally-run, insolvently-trading, money-laundering operation, supported by a handful of caravan-tugging, sister-bothering, lucky heather sellers?

If QPR get hit hard pompey could be in a bit of trouble - it's really not a good time to be in court.

Cue bleats about it's not us, it was other owners, we didn't mean to cheat etc.

I believe we will resume our place above them in four months time.

I believe we will resume our place above them in four months time.

Well with a possible points deduction in the near future I think we will be above them well inside the 4 months.

Arguably, pound for pound, we have the best support in the Championship and, do you know what, with a little bit of help and a few players that might have been us this year.

No, look, be fair. I believe what he is saying is that we have the fattest fans in the league and that bearing that misfortune aside, they still manage to find the energy to try to stand up and sing at least once a game

From the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13266915.stm

In other words 'the buggers aren't buying season tickets because they don't trust us'

:-))

Ladies and Gents, please read the title... "Lampitt keen to end 'critical' Portsmouth takeover saga"

Its not only Matt Fletcher that is following us, and I may be reading too much into the title but that to me suggests we are the leading authority on the pompey scandal and we are the number one information portal for the media to collate the latest series of emabarrasing skate soundbites.

If the beeb hacks need to know the score, the saintsweb pompey takeover saga thread is the first port of call.

Hi guys!

We will not stop until the skates have been brought to justice. Its difficult for us on here sometimes, as we feel they might get away with it, and in reality, so far they have... big time. But we keep the faith, we will keep discussing the in's and outs of their criminality and we will see them exposed for the diseased entity that they patently are.

were coming to avenge the criminality that took place at St.Marys and we want to put these skates back to their rightful position...

So, to keep the keen journos up to date:

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=1774

So Daddy has won his appeal against his 6yr convicton (in absentia) for gun running. The article suggests that his gun running has been judged as 'uncontestable' - which means he had no choice to supply all of those many hundreds of thousands of land mines!

So, he was a gun runner with a gun to his head. so confident he didnt turn up to trial, and went on the run in russia, and has bought some bungled appeal, which states he did supply the arms...

he has also been done for tax evasion, fined £300k and still convicted to three years - hardly an out and out victory there daddy! you sound as guilty as hell you corrupt murderous ****...

I wonder whether he has ever supplied guns to Vlad Antonov and the Russian mafia?... quite plausible, seeing as he is buying refuge in un-exileable russia, as he hides from half of the developed world.

And one for the takeover saga purists:

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=346195

A nice little thread of discontent to give you a little chuckle (or just a smirk in your head) about the hard up skates turning their back on their club.

'Seeing Norwich fans celebrating last night I had a feeling of 'done that' - will they have 5 trips to Wembley in 2 years, finish 8th and 9th in successive seasons, win the FA Cup, compete in the UEFA Cup group stage?' A Pompey fan on their site

This sums up exactly what i have felt all along. It doesn't matter what sanctions the club gets their 'long suffering fans 'Tm have the memories forever.This generation of pompey fans had experiences that 88 clubs fans would give their right arm for. They dont have any shame how they got those memories but just sup it all up.

Who were right, the former owners of SFC who tried to do things by the book or the Pompey way.

Perhaps Saints should have followed the Fratton way

Considering that "with a little bit of help and a few players [automatic promotion] might have been us this year" you really have to say that an average home attendance on 15707 is quite, well, crap.

Hell, even when we had to play the likes of Jamie White, Jake Thompson and anyone else we could afford and ended up relegated bottom we still averaged 17849 at home.

By my reckoning, that figure also puts "the best fans in the world" 13th overall in the Championship this year.

MASSIVE FANBASE.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=346195

A nice little thread of discontent to give you a little chuckle (or just a smirk in your head) about the hard up skates turning their back on their club.

Lol, I like this one the best :

Next season, unless Chanrai buggers off and we start spending, ive got to watch another load of frees and journeyman loanees do the same kick and hope strategy. And that fecking embrassing long throw-in rubbish. All in front of a half empty stadium because these so-called businessman have raised prices through the roof. They should be cutting the prices!

Really? Spending? Not sure that any of their fans really understand what got them into this whole mess in the first place, can it be possible that so many people in the same place are really so stupid?

Considering that "with a little bit of help and a few players [automatic promotion] might have been us this year" you really have to say that an average home attendance on 15707 is quite, well, crap.

Hell, even when we had to play the likes of Jamie White, Jake Thompson and anyone else we could afford and ended up relegated bottom we still averaged 17849 at home.

By my reckoning, that figure also puts "the best fans in the world" 13th overall in the Championship this year.

MASSIVE FANBASE.

Yeah their massive fanbase have deserted them and will be at St Mary's on Saturday supporting the one true club in hampshire

Lol, I like this one the best :

Really? Spending? Not sure that any of their fans really understand what got them into this whole mess in the first place, can it be possible that so many people in the same place are really so stupid?

:lol:

The guy paying the power bill for the life support machine should bugger off so they can spend some non-existent money...

R'tard alert. This Chanrai-shaped bed was made over the previous five years and now they can lie in it for a bit!

In other words "we have no chance of this takeover being completed, but we still have season tickets to sell"

YACHT ALERT !!!!!

I went to the dark side today, and moored at Gunwharf was a super yacht, apparently owned by the founder of NCP. So there we have it, the new owner of Fratton CAR Park is to be NCP! Makes sense, it sorts out the Gaydamak land issue and what to do with the rest of the wasteland in one foul swoop!

YACHT ALERT !!!!!

I went to the dark side today, and moored at Gunwharf was a super yacht, apparently owned by the founder of NCP. So there we have it, the new owner of Fratton CAR Park is to be NCP! Makes sense, it sorts out the Gaydamak land issue and what to do with the rest of the wasteland in one foul swoop!

I think you may be talking about Donald Gosling. If so his yacht used to call into Soton for several years until they goy too busy for yachtie type vessels.

i once blagged a bottle of champers off the crew

And Lampitt believes the Championship outfit cannot make decisions about their squad for next season until the takeover saga is cleared up.

They better hope for a shock announcement that the championship will be 6 aside next year then..

And Lampitt believes the Championship outfit cannot make decisions about their squad for next season until the takeover saga is cleared up.

Have I heard that statement before, like last season, different CEO!

Yes, but they HAVE to provide the Football Authorities with their business plan for next year in order to be able to play.

Also, they have a CVA, and yet as they haven't paid anything from that yet will that information be in the business plan as well?

So they have to agree the takeover with people who do not trust a word the club management say and who are in the process of buying a major Interntaional Corporation (Saab) and who have been on the lash with Eddie Mitchell

Now I wasn't a Uni Maths graduate, only did an old A-Level, so unfortunately, I still cannot make all of that add up

Oh and Matt? Just once in one of your digs, you might like to reference just ONE of the snippets we've analysed properly. Let us know you care. 8)

reads to me like the potential new owners have sent the Football league their Fair and Proper Persons test forms and the skates are now waiting to hear back on that.

Something they apparently did about two weeks before Easter.

Now, I know the FA are renowned for taking nice long breaks and milking the thousands they earn for not a lot of work, but IIRC a person who didn't even exist managed to pass the FAPPT in about 24 hours!

I'm guessing this 'delay' isn't going to be a good thing for the skates :D

After all they only just missed the play offs by a whisker..... If you define a whisker as 15 points, 10 league places and a goal difference difference of about 20... (not to mention the 26 points they are behind Norwich which he appears to be comparing them against)

Can't help but think that getting in one or two new players would have had that much difference in the end but there you go..

In fairness perhaps he was referring to Messi and Iniesta. I'm not sure Chinny will be very willing to pony up the dosh to get those two.

Among those watching was Deepak Chainrai occupying the directors’ box for the second match running, while former administrator Andrew Andronikou was also present.

So the Android has joined the few as a new fan. Either that, or he is ready to get employed again for yet another administration once Chinny pulls the plug.

How the f*ck is this thread still going strong?

Are they not dead yet?

No we are merely part of the way through it, the '10-'11 season chapter is drawing to a close and the new chapter entitled "Storrie's court case" is soon to begin. There may even be the words "hefty points deduction", "relegation" and "we don't have to play them next season after all" at the end of it.

Something they apparently did about two weeks before Easter.

Now, I know the FA are renowned for taking nice long breaks and milking the thousands they earn for not a lot of work, but IIRC a person who didn't even exist managed to pass the FAPPT in about 24 hours!

I'm guessing this 'delay' isn't going to be a good thing for the skates :D

maybe, but having ****ed up so badly previously perhaps the new version of the test is much more rigorous, or at least they are taking a little more time to actually check up on the details in the forms.

An interesting article on the pompey site from one of their main mouth pieces and fans representitives. In a complete change of heart, they are now advocating that Sasha was a great chairman, served the club well and left them financially sound, it was just he sold it to a potless billionare arab.

Now if you follow what has happened to daddy gaydamak in the last couple of weeks, you could be forgiven for thinking a few people are being softened up here..... but then a return would be to much even for this sordid story.... wouldn't it?

We shall see.

An interesting article on the pompey site from one of their main mouth pieces and fans representitives. In a complete change of heart, they are now advocating that Sasha was a great chairman, served the club well and left them financially sound, it was just he sold it to a potless billionare arab.

Now if you follow what has happened to daddy gaydamak in the last couple of weeks, you could be forgiven for thinking a few people are being softened up here..... but then a return would be to much even for this sordid story.... wouldn't it?

We shall see.

Disgusting, really. So they'd do anything for money once again - just like previous years?

No morals, no ethics... why oh why is that cesspit still going?