Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This thread is not likely to close until:

The CVA process is completed.

The liquidation investigation of OldCo is completed and all possible resultant legal actions are resolved.

All court cases involving people associated with them are completed and all resultant punishments, if any, resolved.

The ownership of all land and offices used by pompey clearly resolved.

Pompey shown to be living within their means.

I will not be holding my breath on these...

Spot on, Best statement of the day.

I think i would be hypocritical if I said i would rather do it clean as quite honestly i think we should just spend to the hilot and get the succes as it seems the authorities just dont care

If Saints did this I guarantee we'd be liquidated. It seems that Pompey just sail right through, but any other club is (rightly) held to account.

Plus, morals do come into it. I believe we are a better club with better fans. We are incapable of lowering ourselves to their level.

I'm not really sure what to make of this takeover, to begin with (like other posters) I was beginning to think that they're managing to get out of the hole they're in. Then there's this....why don't they want to speak to anyone? What have they got to hide? Surely they want to tell the fanbase all their grand plans?

There's something not quite right. When you look at how quickly our takeover happened and even one's like Chelsea and Man City. There was a strong rumour, then bang - done deal. Then players started arriving very quickly too. I guess we'll start seeing how serious they are, when they start signing players - they need a few!

Ha Friend My yes. His bad the English Confidence for when is the speaking making not very often when good

(translates as their English Language Comms skills are not good enough to lock intellectual sparring horns with the likes of the The News & Tony Husband)

From facebook yesterday:

Vladimir Antonov- "Guys I fully respect your questions but before we will have a big press conference we need to fix immediate issues such as squad and some works with the arena. Hope you understand this. Give us a chance to do our job without noise around. Thanks a lot! Play up Pompey! We will be back with our plans shortly!"

From facebook yesterday:

Vladimir Antonov- "Guys I fully respect your questions but before we will have a big press conference we need to fix immediate issues such as squad and some works with the arena. Hope you understand this. Give us a chance to do our job without noise around. Thanks a lot! Play up Pompey! We will be back with our plans shortly!"

Press conference due in 2016 then.

From facebook yesterday:

Translated;

Guys, Before we answer any awkward questions on the structure of the deal like; Who still owns what?, What charges does chanarai still have on the club? Did we manage to buy the land of gaydamak? What interest rates are we charging on our loans that we put into the club? How will the CVA impact us moving forward etc etc, Can you just start behaving as thick as you look and celebrate the fact that you have new owners who only have the best interests off the club at heart and get yourselves of to the ticket office and buy those season tickets. Once we have reached the required number, we will hold a press conference and let you all down gently.

Don't you try and watch every episode of your favourite comedy?

Well no, I didn't because it wasn't funny for us. But now having read the last couple of pages I'll quite happily catch up with the latest episodes every now and again. I had no idea there were so many of you desperately clinging onto this one for dear life.

Here's the reality: It's over. We didn't get closed down, we didn't get thrown out of the top four divisions, we didn't get relegated again and we didn't get struck by lightning.

Accept it, and do yourselves a favour- move on.........

Translated;

Guys, Before we answer any awkward questions on the structure of the deal like; Who still owns what?, What charges does chanarai still have on the club? Did we manage to buy the land of gaydamak? What interest rates are we charging on our loans that we put into the club? How will the CVA impact us moving forward etc etc, Can you just start behaving as thick as you look and celebrate the fact that you have new owners who only have the best interests off the club at heart and get yourselves of to the ticket office and buy those season tickets. Once we have reached the required number, we will hold a press conference and let you all down gently.

Brilliant! I hope that has some how found it's way as a comment on the original Facebook update?

Well no, I didn't because it wasn't funny for us. But now having read the last couple of pages I'll quite happily catch up with the latest episodes every now and again. I had no idea there were so many of you desperately clinging onto this one for dear life.

Here's the reality: It's over. We didn't get closed down, we didn't get thrown out of the top four divisions, we didn't get relegated again and we didn't get struck by lightning.

That's what you said last takeover...

How's Milan and Storrie's court case going today? Still chance of points penalty's or fines from that one. And many more questions than answers from your latest take over so I would say things are still moving along nicely.

Here's the reality: It's over.We didn't get closed down, we didn't get thrown out of the top four divisions, we didn't get relegated again and we didn't get struck by lightning.

And this is the problem, you just don't get the big picture.

Until you stop racking up the debt and start making serious cutbacks it will be never be over. Because no serious businessman will buy you out. Until the debt gets addressed and you stop paying PL rejects absurd wages your club will continue to be barely anything other than a money laundering operation.

You'll love it when the proceeds of various criminals get pumped through your club but not so much when it runs out. Like it did last time when you were £130 million in debt. Obviously the previous 6 owners didn't teach you enough so here comes the Russian Mafia with lesson number seven. I have Pompey supporting friends who are very concerned with the takeover.

If you had been bought out by some billionaire who publicly stated he would pump £100 million+ into the club and had a successful and clean past we would be very disappointed, and your right it would be over. But you've been taken over by a couple of Russians who have history of money laundering and financial irregularities. Antonov's bank has been banned from operating over here by the FSA for goodness sake. You really reckon it's over?!

As for moving on, you were telling us to do that when Al-Fahim and Al-Faraj took over. . .

Edited by JackFrost

Ok so you didn't find it funny...I can accept that but asking us to move on from our ringside seats is a little naive....we could have moved after any of the other 'takeovers' and look what we'd have missed?!

More popcorn please miss...this is going to run & run:lol:

Ok so you didn't find it funny...I can accept that but asking us to move on from our ringside seats is a little naive....we could have moved after any of the other 'takeovers' and look what we'd have missed?!

More popcorn please miss...this is going to run & run:lol:

Ok suit yourselves, but as I've said all along, we're going to be just fine. In fact I'll pull up a seat myself. Pass the popcorn :D

Ok suit yourselves, but as I've said all along, we're going to be just fine. In fact I'll pull up a seat myself. Pass the popcorn :D

Well if your pulling up a seat, make sure you stay put and not go in hiding again if it all starts to fall apart again.

Appreciate it wasn't very nice before and I can understand the worry you can have when it looks like the doors are going to close on your club. But you should appreciate that coming on here cheering on your club for fleecing local business's, charities, and the general public is going to get a reaction from us that will happily gloat when things for you are not so good.

I still want to see your club punished but I do want to see your club around in the future. Derby's with bompey and BHA are just not the same.

Look at your situation wanting to see facts and you will find that there are not many to see. Ask some serious questions of your club and see what answers you get, I doubt there will be many but I bet you and many of your friends will still blindly follow along like you have done for the last 6 takeovers.

I think you should look back through this thread. To quote an old Red Dwarf line, according to most on here we were going to be "deader than Corduroy".

Didn't happen did it? A 9 point deduction and relegation from the Premier league and er, that's it. All the wild, wild predictions of the death of Pompey and half of evil Portsea island ending up in jail were just pipe dreams driven by utter hatred.

What happened to us goes on in professional football all the time- the most we can all do is try to learn the lessons so that it doesn't happen again.

The longer you all persist in the fleeting belief that divine retribution is still just moments away, the harder you'll find it to move on when reality finally dawns.

The trouble is you've all whipped each other up into such a frenzy of jealous outrage that many of you now can't let go.

You'd be better off inviting us for a beer when we play each other next season, rather than wishing we were dead. You might then realise that we're just as human as you with the same day to day worries and pressures and that the only difference is that we support different football teams.

Or am I being naive?

I think you should look back through this thread. To quote an old Red Dwarf line, according to most on here we were going to be "deader than Corduroy".

Didn't happen did it? A 9 point deduction and relegation from the Premier league and er, that's it. All the wild, wild predictions of the death of Pompey and half of evil Portsea island ending up in jail were just pipe dreams driven by utter hatred.

What happened to us goes on in professional football all the time- the most we can all do is try to learn the lessons so that it doesn't happen again.

The longer you all persist in the fleeting belief that divine retribution is still just moments away, the harder you'll find it to move on when reality finally dawns.

The trouble is you've all whipped each other up into such a frenzy of jealous outrage that many of you now can't let go.

You'd be better off inviting us for a beer when we play each other next season, rather than wishing we were dead. You might then realise that we're just as human as you with the same day to day worries and pressures and that the only difference is that we support different football teams.

Or am I being naive?

Have to say that I agree with some of the points you raise, a couple of serious questions for you:

Are you now happy with your new owners, do you know anything of their background?

What level of investment, if any, do you think they will be bringing to the club?

Thanks.

Or am I being naive?

Yes you are. You are a slimy sad little boy who only has the balls to come on here when you think you can give it the large. I wonder how much of your life you will devote to this site whilst the (as you lot seem to think) going is good.

Do doubt your other sad mate corp no hope, will also appear very soon, strange how you both appear and disappear together (split personality or two headed island freak)

For you info I will not be wasting my time getting into a pointless dialogue with you, just thought I would voice a little of the contempt I feel for the likes of you and corpy no hope. As mentioned you only appear when you think you have the upper hand.

Have to say that I agree with some of the points you raise, a couple of serious questions for you:

Are you now happy with your new owners, do you know anything of their background?

What level of investment, if any, do you think they will be bringing to the club?

Thanks.

Genuinely don't know whether to feel happy or not. My first reaction when I heard it was a couple of Ruskies was "Oh no, not again" bearing in mind Russia's wild west type business community. The only crumb of comfort is that they appear to have interests in a number of sports businesses around the world. But whether they're legit or not, no idea. I'd rather we had a UK owner, but at the same time we're lucky to still exist at all, so beggars can't be choosers.

As far as investment goes, I think it'll be tight. They've already said they're looking to run it as a business, so I don't think they're going to be throwing millions Steve Cotterills way. Suspect it'll be more loans and freebies and a long struggle next season.

In all fairness, you're some way ahead of us now having got the stadium in place. Long term we'd have been better off rebuilding FP really instead of signing a load of players on big wages we could only afford with Gaydamak's input.....

Genuinely don't know whether to feel happy or not. My first reaction when I heard it was a couple of Ruskies was "Oh no, not again" bearing in mind Russia's wild west type business community. The only crumb of comfort is that they appear to have interests in a number of sports businesses around the world. But whether they're legit or not, no idea. I'd rather we had a UK owner, but at the same time we're lucky to still exist at all, so beggars can't be choosers.

As far as investment goes, I think it'll be tight. They've already said they're looking to run it as a business, so I don't think they're going to be throwing millions Steve Cotterills way. Suspect it'll be more loans and freebies and a long struggle next season.

In all fairness, you're some way ahead of us now having got the stadium in place. Long term we'd have been better off rebuilding FP really instead of signing a load of players on big wages we could only afford with Gaydamak's input.....

Christ with logic like that son, you should take over.... :D

Jealous outrage pfc123?.......mmmm, let me think....50,000 at wembley, Markus with his camera....Brighton away.....promotion....mmmm....

I think not.

Yes, as you say, some of the pompey crimes do occur in football at several clubs, but your last few owners have rewritten that sorry book and taken it to a new level, hence the indignant outrage and theatrical shaking of heads.

I don't think many on here have actually wished the club dead, they would just like some honesty when it comes to the facts.

You know that you won the cup when the club was trading insolvently and ignoring tax demands, you also beat us with an illegally assembled squad on the back of misleading the high court with a false accounts statement.

That was way beyond the misdemeanours that even Leeds have committed - lying to the court?

I'd be a bit worried about the ongoing investigation if I were you, I'd be surprised if there aren't some little gems in those accounts -whether there is any punishment dished out is another matter.

So the few seem happy to claim the cup from that time but reluctant to accept the crimes of that era as they were done by previous owners.

You can't have it both ways.

And what of the men at the centre of that glorious cup run?

The captain still hasn't been paid yet, and the manager, who ably-assisted by the Fratton End favourite Peter Storrie drove the club over the cliff, is now despised by many.

Can't see there being much of a reunion of the boys of 08.

Now the folk of Portsea are celebrating a new era for the club, reappearing from their little shells as if the last season hasn't happened - they will once again claim to be pompey til they get bored.

But it's too late, we now know - The bestest abandoned the club when the going got tough, they gave up - look at the attendances - that bestest myth has been nailed forever and only continues as a joke on here.

250,000 on southsea common - but 10,000 home fans at the arena.

Small businesses still await money, the taxman has all but given up, and as a knock on effect of the loss of tax revenue in the current climate, national cuts have been imposed.

So QA sees wards close and staff lose their jobs - pompey should have G5 on their shirts as a permanent reminder of that travesty and how they used other people's money to line their own pockets.

Yes, the club has damaged people locally.

They stole taxpayer's cash and gave it to the likes of Ben Haim, Nugent, Lawrence and Kitson - all on massively inflated salaries that no other clubs could afford, in fact, no club could afford.

It's that cheating that causes the outrage, and it isn't jealousy - we just know what has gone on, and I believe we can see what is planned next.

Through design and reputation your club has become a magnet for criminals, and it's gone so far down that seedy path that I'm not sure how you can drag in back into mainstream football.

pompey are in a league of their own.

Just googled Antonav's name, and he is described as a business genius (only young as well, 35ish???) in one article and a money launderer in another (although it also states that he was cleared of the latter accusations) - so you'll probably find it's somewhere in between I guess. Most successful business people probably have a few skelatons here and there - so could go either way.

As for personal wealth, one article quoted 200m which is hardly mind blowing in football terms, but better than an owner who wants to keep his wallet firmly in his pocket. I think that you had better hope that he sees this as a long term project, because with your current infrastructure it is very difficult to see how the business is going to show a profit, either short or medium term.

Strange quote on twitter saying that the new owners would not be making any announcement for a couple of weeks yet - perhaps they are looking to make sweeping changes to the management, staff and ground. Either way, whatever happens, I would just like to thank you for the 6 points.

Translated;

Who still owns what?, What charges does chanarai still have on the club? Did we manage to buy the land of gaydamak?

This isn't a problem, Gemmel. The new owners will arrange a meeting with Gayman and the Balu and a couple of their well built and menacing associates will be present. They'll inform the two of them that it might be a good idea, (for the welfare of their respective families), to relinquish control of the charges on the club and the land surrounding it. Just to emphasise the point, the chunky associates will show them their weapons. Problem solved.

Just googled Antonav's name, and he is described as a business genius (only young as well, 35ish???) in one article and a money launderer in another (although it also states that he was cleared of the latter accusations) - so you'll probably find it's somewhere in between I guess. Most successful business people probably have a few skelatons here and there - so could go either way.

As for personal wealth, one article quoted 200m which is hardly mind blowing in football terms, but better than an owner who wants to keep his wallet firmly in his pocket. I think that you had better hope that he sees this as a long term project, because with your current infrastructure it is very difficult to see how the business is going to show a profit, either short or medium term.

Strange quote on twitter saying that the new owners would not be making any announcement for a couple of weeks yet - perhaps they are looking to make sweeping changes to the management, staff and ground. Either way, whatever happens, I would just like to thank you for the 6 points.

I think we'd prefer the 'long term project' scenario just for a few months at least :?

The Twitter thing is a wierd one. Either they're just playing it softly softly or maybe they're going to be very, very private for whatever reason, or they don't want to raise expectations too highly? Dunno, all I know is that I just want some stability of ownership and I'm not holding my breath on that count.

6 points? That's just greedy :D

I think we'd prefer the 'long term project' scenario just for a few months at least :?

The Twitter thing is a wierd one. Either they're just playing it softly softly or maybe they're going to be very, very private for whatever reason, or they don't want to raise expectations too highly? Dunno, all I know is that I just want some stability of ownership and I'm not holding my breath on that count.

To be honest, long term is the only way to build and sustain a football club these days unless of course you get the sugar daddy of all daddies...! Look at Manure, they didn't become great over night - took a lot of time and investment, remember 'boring, boring Arsenal', never thought I'd enjoy watching them...!

Problem is though - that everybody wants success right now. It all depends how long an owner is willing to wait and how much they are willing to 'invest' - we have 3 years to get to the premiership - will be interesting to see what happens if we don't make it.

But at least our 5 year plan has some realism about it, will your new owners have similar expectations, or will they want it now?

As for the 6 points - thats not greed - that's just realistic. ;)

Right now I agree with you that is sucks to see them seemingly to have gotton away with so much. But I still think there will be some twists to come. I doubt more and more than any twists will be just rewards for what they have done in the past so many years but all the same I think there is still some millage.

I am still tyrying to figure out how these Ruskies see Pompey as being a good investment? With other clubs around that need less work and effort for the same results with a bigger catchment area to grow the fan base and for less money. I cant see Chainrai letting the club go for a big loss so assuming its gone for around 15mil there is still 2 3rds of a team to buy and a nice chunk of land to purchase off Gaydamak. And if they see Pompey as a team that can return to the prem then funding a team to push for promotion is not going to be a cheap afair either. Something still seems dodgy about it all and there are plenty of questions yet to be answered. So while this thread might move away from being a pompey takeover thread I think it will live long and prosper as things down the road continue to unfold.

Put in £40 million or so of filthy money, along with loans which they have no intention of paying back, thereby allowing them to outbid honest clubs for the best championship level players and get promoted, then receive £40 million of clean Sky money, and finally sell quickly to some sucker before the inevitable relegation/administration?

An appealing plan for immoral dim-witted owners.

Any resemblance to money-laundering mafia or cesspits of clubs is purely coincidental.

All the wild, wild predictions of the death of Pompey and half of evil Portsea island ending up in jail were just pipe dreams driven by utter hatred.

I can't speak for everyone on here, but personally I'm in it for the laughs. Your sorry club and it's simple fans have been the best soap-opera ever. Rarely does a day go by without a little gem of laughter-inducing stupidity or downright weirdness appear about you. I'm not bitter or jealous - the last couple of seasons have been great fun, but our club is run by discreet & sensible people whilst yours is run by publicity seeking halfwits who conduct their business via the press. What's not to laugh about? I shall be most gutted if this latest crew prove to be different because I'll miss the endless fun, not because you've 'gotten away with it'.

Yawn, again. In simple words. They are not very confident at speaking English in meetings let alone in public. They know the moment they open their mouths we'll just ROFL again

Jealous outrage pfc123?.......mmmm, let me think....50,000 at wembley, Markus with his camera....Brighton away.....promotion....mmmm....

I think not.

Yes, as you say, some of the pompey crimes do occur in football at several clubs, but your last few owners have rewritten that sorry book and taken it to a new level, hence the indignant outrage and theatrical shaking of heads.

I don't think many on here have actually wished the club dead, they would just like some honesty when it comes to the facts.

You know that you won the cup when the club was trading insolvently and ignoring tax demands, you also beat us with an illegally assembled squad on the back of misleading the high court with a false accounts statement.

That was way beyond the misdemeanours that even Leeds have committed - lying to the court?

I'd be a bit worried about the ongoing investigation if I were you, I'd be surprised if there aren't some little gems in those accounts -whether there is any punishment dished out is another matter.

So the few seem happy to claim the cup from that time but reluctant to accept the crimes of that era as they were done by previous owners.

You can't have it both ways.

And what of the men at the centre of that glorious cup run?

The captain still hasn't been paid yet, and the manager, who ably-assisted by the Fratton End favourite Peter Storrie drove the club over the cliff, is now despised by many.

Can't see there being much of a reunion of the boys of 08.

Now the folk of Portsea are celebrating a new era for the club, reappearing from their little shells as if the last season hasn't happened - they will once again claim to be pompey til they get bored.

But it's too late, we now know - The bestest abandoned the club when the going got tough, they gave up - look at the attendances - that bestest myth has been nailed forever and only continues as a joke on here.

250,000 on southsea common - but 10,000 home fans at the arena.

Small businesses still await money, the taxman has all but given up, and as a knock on effect of the loss of tax revenue in the current climate, national cuts have been imposed.

So QA sees wards close and staff lose their jobs - pompey should have G5 on their shirts as a permanent reminder of that travesty and how they used other people's money to line their own pockets.

Yes, the club has damaged people locally.

They stole taxpayer's cash and gave it to the likes of Ben Haim, Nugent, Lawrence and Kitson - all on massively inflated salaries that no other clubs could afford, in fact, no club could afford.

It's that cheating that causes the outrage, and it isn't jealousy - we just know what has gone on, and I believe we can see what is planned next.

Through design and reputation your club has become a magnet for criminals, and it's gone so far down that seedy path that I'm not sure how you can drag in back into mainstream football.

pompey are in a league of their own.

Post of thread (again ;) ).......well put together.

bbc_matt: #pafc fans, just turned phone on to learn of recent events, deeply worrying, I'll make some calls

Edit: oops! Thought that said #pfc ! At ease...

And therein lays the biggest tragedy. The Skates have overspent beyond even Plymouth Argyle's debt, there is no real comparison between the two, yet there is only one club of the two that really could cease to be.

That filth 17 miles to the east have got away with it.

I agree with Sid, it's been one hell of a story. Not knowing what to expect next!

I wouldn't want Saints to be run in the same way just so I can enjoy an FA cup win. To play fair and win means so much more, perhaps managing to compete in the PL for so long has created that rather than succumb to any means necessary to achieve.

so Norris wants a three year deal, presumably on slightly silly wages.

And it seems that 91 clubs don't consider he's worth that....

Cotterill had better up his game on transfers and not waste the Russian money like he did Chanrai's.

One dodgy signing and he could be bundled off to a midnight meeting at Camber Docks.

Lampitt might be heading for an evening tied to a chair in a lock up with petrol running down his broken glasses as well - difficult to question the idea of the FaPPT when someone has taped your mouth shout and is waving a lighter in front of it.

Lesson one of Swimming with Sharks - if you take their money, you play by their rules. :)

Getting in bed with arms dealers is one thing, getting cosy with their customers could be a step too far.

But on the bright side, maybe this new pressure will focus their minds on better decision making.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})