Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Oh.

So it was just losing the credit facility that killed your finances then?

The fact that you couldn't pay the taxman, your own players, the tea lady, or even the CHARITIES was all just because of cash flow?

Wrong.

Regardless of outside investment that may or may not have existed or happened, you were in a right state and it was all your own fault, and keeping hold of a credit facility would NOT have made any difference at all.

Oh.

So it was just losing the credit facility that killed your finances then?

The fact that you couldn't pay the taxman, your own players, the tea lady, or even the CHARITIES was all just because of cash flow?

Wrong.

Regardless of outside investment that may or may not have existed or happened, you were in a right state and it was all your own fault, and keeping hold of a credit facility would NOT have made any difference at all.

Do we think it's time to ban him yet? Or failing that find out who is doppelganger is... (My money is on 'Charlie Wayman.')

Do we think it's time to ban him yet? Or failing that find out who is doppelganger is... (My money is on 'Charlie Wayman.')

He may not actually have a doppelganger.

He might just be saying that to make us waste time looking for him, or create a rift because of people being accused of being him, as I don't believe he'd have actually paid £5 on a 2nd account to be able to send PMs like he said he did.

IF he has, the person best placed to look for him would be Steve, as he can see who's paid.

He may not actually have a doppelganger.

He might just be saying that to make us waste time looking for him, or create a rift because of people being accused of being him, as I don't believe he'd have actually paid £5 on a 2nd account to be able to send PMs like he said he did.

My immediate thought as well.

Saints Forum 5-0 Ho's Street Cred.

What a hilarious return!

Mainly because he just doesn't get it.

Still in denial, still resorting to insults to disguise an ignorance of the facts - top stuff!

Methinks Ho should talk to ladies more often to calm him down, maybe get down Horton Heath with Avram, let off some.......steam.

:)

FFS Corpse, that was utterly pathetic and embarrassing.

Lol! he must be bald on the back of his head now, where it's been slapped so many times today.

Whoever suggested banning him should really think about it again. He's stopped us moaning, pedanting and generally falling out with each other within minutes of posting.

A true antidote to the cabin fever that is football's close season.

If the bank hadn't have pulled the plug we'd have been OK. Needed to reduce the wage bill but manageable.

What a load of rot! The bank pulled the plug on you because they suspected that you were trading whilst insolvent, something that I eagerly wait to be proven during the forensic examination of Oldco in liquidation.

The tone of this thread is changing - dubai phil is quiet and we now only have positives to report (sadly) seems they may now have money again and they are being linked to decent players daily.

might be time to lock this thread?

I had far bigger fish to fry...

I was in Poland getting engaged :-) (A story in itself that owes a debt of lolage & gratitude to this forum that I'll share once I fix my A/C here)

Then I was in the mud at Glasto

BUT - I have to admit I did spend 45 minutes in Poorsmuff on my way back from dropping off my Glasto Glamper Van.

The few will be fine for a few weeks until the Carson Yeung earthquake settles down and then....

You know, it's hard to believe how many times I've had to explain this to you investigative genius' on here but I'll do it one last time. I used to post a regular "Pompey Transfer Gossip" post, mostly when Redknapp was here because we got linked to so many players. For some reason, many of you (not all, some even tried to put the rest right but apparently you're too stupid to understand) seemed to think I was saying we were going to sign each and every one of these players. It was GOSSIP from various PAPERS & WEBSITES. Take the Saviola one. Quite a few papers and websites posted that one, including quotes from the clubs. Here's one now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1113002/Portsmouth-line-Real-Madrid-striker-Javier-Saviola-replace-Jermain-Defoe.html

or this one about Fiorentina wanting Kanu for £2m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1113002/Portsmouth-line-Real-Madrid-striker-Javier-Saviola-replace-Jermain-Defoe.html

Incidentally, I never once said Maradona would be coming. In fact it's even in the quotes you posted from me. I said fahim was supposed to be good friends with him and wouldn't be surprised if he was used in some kind of ambassador role like Mandaric did with George Best for us. In the same post I also said there was no way we'd be signing people like Eto'o etc.

Lastly, the thing about Fahim being 10 times richer than Abramovic was in response to a post someone made about his claimed wealth. If he was 10 times richer than Abramovic he'd be wealthier than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet combined so you'd think most people would understand the laughter behind that claim. Except you apparently

Now, what are these absurd wages we're paying Norris that you and no-one else has found out about?

It was GOSSIP, hence the thread titles.

quote_icon.pnganothersaininsouthsea viewpost-right.png

I think a bit of mythology has developed but here are a few Crop Ho gems to lol at:

quote_icon.pngCorporate Ho

Not going to heppen, certainly not signing Eto'o/ Villa etc but wouldn't be surprised to see Maradona acting as some sort of "ambassador" (call it what you want) for PFC

So I didn't say Maradona would be coming as manager and have explained the comment in the above posts. All clear?

But I thought no-one would buy Pompey Nick. You told me so repeatedly and so did the Romsey Retard. You kept saying you were a much more attractive proposition.

Don't worry, I've read he's only 10 times as wealthy as Abramovich

Again, already explained above

Yeah, it's way too high although our turnover for last year was £70m (!) and with the players that are out of contract in the summer such as Campbell, Lauren and Kanu who are big earners we'll shave around £15m off the wage bill. Even allowing for some replacements to come in that will take us down to around 60% of our income which is the Prem's guideline.

Err, it did happen. But when the bank stopped the credit facility it hammered us

Keep up doofus, it's not Riquelme, it's Saviola.

See post above and link to original article

Players Out:

Hreidarsson - Celtic/ Reading

Sol Campbell - Newcastle/ Villareal

Utaka - Rangers/ Lens/ Rennes

Kanu - Fiorentina/ Ajax (£2m!!!)

Lauren - AEK Athens/ Bolton/ Wigan

Kranjcar - Arsenal

Players In:

Saviola/ Drenthe - Real Madrid (Loan)

Joey Barton (£3m)/ Benjani/ Michael Johnson (£6m combined) (Man City) (etc)

Transfer GOSSIP as explained above Here's a link to the Drenthe story

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/sport/111574/PORTSMOUTH-boss-Tony-Adams-is-poised-to-sign-Real-Madrid-midfielder-Royston-Drenthe-on-loan-until-the-end-of-the-season.html

Transfer GOSSIP as explained above. Here's a link to the Drenthe story. If you genuinely think I was saying we'd sign all these players we'd have had a squad of about 5000 players

Was told late last night that the SA group looking to buy us had a hitch in their plans but that they now have the finance to buy the club pretty much in place. They have around £60m and Gaydamak wants £65m. Have been told that the deal should (unless something else crops up) happen some time in January. Have also been told that this group don't want Adams and that he's likely to be moved out before the deal is announced. So keep watching.

Not sure what happened to the SA bid. It was pretty well documented in all the papers. Deals fall through. Like yours with Paul Allen and DIC - PMSL

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/11/portsmouth-premierleague

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Corporate Ho

I've been told that Pompey's financial situation is nowhere near as bad has been suggested by the media. Gaydamak sold his stake in one of his other companies for £35m recently (Antanta Pioglobal if anyone wants to look it up) so while he won't want to use all of that cash on PFC it gives him some breathing space if it's needed in an emergency.

If the bank hadn't have pulled the plug we'd have been OK. Needed to reduce the wage bill but manageable.

Corporate Ho

PMSL. So when Storrie says this he's the man to listen to but when he says we have no financial problems and that we won't be selling players in January you tell me he's a liar and that we're going bust. I love the way you lot change your tune when it suits you.

Not sure what your point is here. I was saying that you were changing your attitudes to Storrie depending on what he was saying. A bit difficult for you to grasp maybe?

Originally Posted by Corporate Ho

Unfortunately for me it looks as though the Chinese group (whose bid isapparently still on the table) are going to be outbid by the South African offer (see story below from the South African newspaper). Would rather the Chinese lot won as they seem prepared to put more into the club but Gaydamak will make more from the African one, not just initially but also an involvement in any stadium that's built. There's also a group from the UAE sniffing around who met with Gaydamak last week. Looks like I've ended up with egg foo yung on my face over the date on this one but I'm still willing to bet that we get new owners before you do.

See report from the Guardian on the South Africans. And one of your own posters recently talked about hearing about a bid from the chinese for us

Nick, nice to get into a decent & sensible conversation with you for once. The £130m you quote is not just for the stadium. The plans also include a 10,000 seat arena for concerts and also other commercial developments (I assume retail, bars etc). Finding a buyer doesn't seem to be a problem, we have at least four groups sniffing around and like I said earlier, I'm told a deal will be done before Xmas. Haven't heard about Germans but if you move a little further North in Europe you wouldn't be too far wrong from the group leading the pack at the moment.

I assume this is meant to be me saying that the stadium was definitely going to happen. I was explaining to dear old Nick Nack that the £130m that someone had mentioned after seeing the plans included other developments besides the stadium. And it seems Nick Nack had heard about a bid from a German group in his post too.

I've been told that there are three bids on the table for Pompey. One is a Thai group, one is a Russian guy whose name I've been told but won't repeat on here (he's very, very wealthy though - we're talking multiple billions) and the third is in all likelihood not arabs but Hong Kong Chinese - again mega Billions.

Shinawatra was Thai, was never told the name though so can't confirm it was him. Hong Kong chinese - where's Chainrai based?

As for the Russian guy, his name was Chalva Tchigirinski. At the time he owned 51% in Sibir. His right hand man in most of his business dealings was a guy called Roberto Avondo. Join the dots yourself.

There you go girls. I'm still waiting for answers from you about how you know what salary Norris is on, why CSI would buy Pompey to launder money when it would be so much easier for them to do it via any number of other companies, what the conspiracy story behind Chainrai, CSI and the Gaydamaks is supposed to have changed to today and which nationality of girls Crab Lungs finally decided was sexiest after PM'ing me to ask my advice

Bye now, see you on the main board XX

And within this reply there's an entire psychology thesis on self-delusion

That's just embarrassing in it's feeble and childlike lack of argument or proof. You keep them coming Corpulent...we'll keep on laughing at you.

I had far bigger fish to fry...

I was in Poland getting engaged :-) (A story in itself that owes a debt of lolage & gratitude to this forum that I'll share once I fix my A/C here)

Then I was in the mud at Glasto

BUT - I have to admit I did spend 45 minutes in Poorsmuff on my way back from dropping off my Glasto Glamper Van.

The few will be fine for a few weeks until the Carson Yeung earthquake settles down and then....

I was at Glasto too! If I had known I would have arranged to meet up for a beer in the mud!

Cracking weekend too.

OK, so as many of you may know I have been on a mission into the depths of Eastern Europe in my never ending quest to check up on all things fishy.

I managed to find a trail from Russia into the Baltics that led my "contacts" at great risk to themselves to find the secret mock-up of Poopey's new owner's new Arena plans. This undercover mission called for enormous strength and endurance (my source insisted on downing a bottle of Vodka shots an hour before he would give me any leads)

In this first picture you can clearly see the new main stand which has been custom designed to ensure that every one of their ST holders has unrivalled leg room and a fantastic view from the halfway line

xx4jo.jpg

Also evident in this picture is the cunning way that the Russians have reduced their costs by integrating the training pitch into the new Arena

In this second picture you can clearly see how the new owners have learnt from last season and again saved some money by ensuring that the Bench is custom designed to fit their actual match day squad size of substitutes

2q16jo9.jpg

And in this third you can see they have enlarged their changing room to meet UEFA standards without the need for Terry the Builder

i6jc0h.jpg

So clearly, the Russians aren't stupid after all, they've come up with cunning methods to reduce the costs and to ensure that they can actually afford to buy Scott Parker, Nasri et al

Edited by dubai_phil

I was at Glasto too! If I had known I would have arranged to meet up for a beer in the mud!

Cracking weekend too.

We didn't touch a drop of beer all weekend.

Drank gallons of Cider everyday though. And lol at the idea of finding eanyone to meet up with while there! Had a mate from Dubai - we both managed to get to the Other stage at the same time for the Wombats but still couldn't get near the bar!

And in this third you can see they have enlarged their changing room to meet UEFA standards without the need for Terry the Builder

i6jc0h.jpg

/QUOTE] by the pictures ,I didn't realise that they have a better groundsman now as well

Corpy, It would hard to imagine how your credibility could fall any lower on here than it already has, but can I point you in the direction of the latest report (Published after chinny re took the club back) from the administrators, as Chinny is listed as a secured creditor as is gaydamak. The total amount of secured money is 29 million. We know from the little spat that lampitt had when he was going to close the club down, that his amount is 5 million..... I'm not very good at maths, so what does that leave chinnny?....... goodness me that is some interest rate on his 17million.

He is a secured creditor and you are not signing riquelme

Drank gallons of Cider everyday though. And lol at the idea of finding eanyone to meet up with while there! Had a mate from Dubai - we both managed to get to the Other stage at the same time for the Wombats but still couldn't get near the bar!

To be fair I don't drink beer either. Had a camel back full of Guinness, vodka, jäger and redbull. And only went back to the van for a refill. The glade bar usually was the easiest to get too the brothers bar was always rammed. Bloody tough meeting up with anyone though. I didn't realise just how big it would be or how many people would be there!

was there aswell guys - brilliant week-end, talk about mix of weather, sunburnt then full on rain then sunburnt lol

You know, it's hard to believe how many times I've had to explain this to you investigative genius' on here but I'll do it one last time. I used to post a regular "Pompey Transfer Gossip" post, mostly when Redknapp was here because we got linked to so many players. For some reason, many of you (not all, some even tried to put the rest right but apparently you're too stupid to understand) seemed to think I was saying we were going to sign each and every one of these players. It was GOSSIP from various PAPERS & WEBSITES. Take the Saviola one. Quite a few papers and websites posted that one, including quotes from the clubs. Here's one now

or this one about Fiorentina wanting Kanu for £2m

Incidentally, I never once said Maradona would be coming. In fact it's even in the quotes you posted from me. I said fahim was supposed to be good friends with him and wouldn't be surprised if he was used in some kind of ambassador role like Mandaric did with George Best for us. In the same post I also said there was no way we'd be signing people like Eto'o etc.

Lastly, the thing about Fahim being 10 times richer than Abramovic was in response to a post someone made about his claimed wealth. If he was 10 times richer than Abramovic he'd be wealthier than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet combined so you'd think most people would understand the laughter behind that claim. Except you apparently

Now, what are these absurd wages we're paying Norris that you and no-one else has found out about?

It was GOSSIP, hence the thread titles.

quote_icon.pnganothersaininsouthsea viewpost-right.png

I think a bit of mythology has developed but here are a few Crop Ho gems to lol at:

Not going to heppen, certainly not signing Eto'o/ Villa etc but wouldn't be surprised to see Maradona acting as some sort of "ambassador" (call it what you want) for PFC

So I didn't say Maradona would be coming as manager and have explained the comment in the above posts. All clear?

But I thought no-one would buy Pompey Nick. You told me so repeatedly and so did the Romsey Retard. You kept saying you were a much more attractive proposition.

Don't worry, I've read he's only 10 times as wealthy as Abramovich

Again, already explained above

Yeah, it's way too high although our turnover for last year was £70m (!) and with the players that are out of contract in the summer such as Campbell, Lauren and Kanu who are big earners we'll shave around £15m off the wage bill. Even allowing for some replacements to come in that will take us down to around 60% of our income which is the Prem's guideline.

Err, it did happen. But when the bank stopped the credit facility it hammered us

Keep up doofus, it's not Riquelme, it's Saviola.

See post above and link to original article

Players Out:

Hreidarsson - Celtic/ Reading

Sol Campbell - Newcastle/ Villareal

Utaka - Rangers/ Lens/ Rennes

Kanu - Fiorentina/ Ajax (£2m!!!)

Lauren - AEK Athens/ Bolton/ Wigan

Kranjcar - Arsenal

Players In:

Saviola/ Drenthe - Real Madrid (Loan)

Joey Barton (£3m)/ Benjani/ Michael Johnson (£6m combined) (Man City) (etc)

Transfer GOSSIP as explained above Here's a link to the Drenthe story

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/sport/111574/PORTSMOUTH-boss-Tony-Adams-is-poised-to-sign-Real-Madrid-midfielder-Royston-Drenthe-on-loan-until-the-end-of-the-season.html

Transfer GOSSIP as explained above. Here's a link to the Drenthe story. If you genuinely think I was saying we'd sign all these players we'd have had a squad of about 5000 players

Was told late last night that the SA group looking to buy us had a hitch in their plans but that they now have the finance to buy the club pretty much in place. They have around £60m and Gaydamak wants £65m. Have been told that the deal should (unless something else crops up) happen some time in January. Have also been told that this group don't want Adams and that he's likely to be moved out before the deal is announced. So keep watching.

Not sure what happened to the SA bid. It was pretty well documented in all the papers. Deals fall through. Like yours with Paul Allen and DIC - PMSL

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/11/portsmouth-premierleague

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Corporate Ho

I've been told that Pompey's financial situation is nowhere near as bad has been suggested by the media. Gaydamak sold his stake in one of his other companies for £35m recently (Antanta Pioglobal if anyone wants to look it up) so while he won't want to use all of that cash on PFC it gives him some breathing space if it's needed in an emergency.

Corporate Ho

PMSL. So when Storrie says this he's the man to listen to but when he says we have no financial problems and that we won't be selling players in January you tell me he's a liar and that we're going bust. I love the way you lot change your tune when it suits you.

Not sure what your point is here. I was saying that you were changing your attitudes to Storrie depending on what he was saying. A bit difficult for you to grasp maybe?

Originally Posted by Corporate Ho

Unfortunately for me it looks as though the Chinese group (whose bid isapparently still on the table) are going to be outbid by the South African offer (see story below from the South African newspaper). Would rather the Chinese lot won as they seem prepared to put more into the club but Gaydamak will make more from the African one, not just initially but also an involvement in any stadium that's built. There's also a group from the UAE sniffing around who met with Gaydamak last week. Looks like I've ended up with egg foo yung on my face over the date on this one but I'm still willing to bet that we get new owners before you do.

See report from the Guardian on the South Africans. And one of your own posters recently talked about hearing about a bid from the chinese for us

Nick, nice to get into a decent & sensible conversation with you for once. The £130m you quote is not just for the stadium. The plans also include a 10,000 seat arena for concerts and also other commercial developments (I assume retail, bars etc). Finding a buyer doesn't seem to be a problem, we have at least four groups sniffing around and like I said earlier, I'm told a deal will be done before Xmas. Haven't heard about Germans but if you move a little further North in Europe you wouldn't be too far wrong from the group leading the pack at the moment.

I assume this is meant to be me saying that the stadium was definitely going to happen. I was explaining to dear old Nick Nack that the £130m that someone had mentioned after seeing the plans included other developments besides the stadium. And it seems Nick Nack had heard about a bid from a German group in his post too.

I've been told that there are three bids on the table for Pompey. One is a Thai group, one is a Russian guy whose name I've been told but won't repeat on here (he's very, very wealthy though - we're talking multiple billions) and the third is in all likelihood not arabs but Hong Kong Chinese - again mega Billions.

Shinawatra was Thai, was never told the name though so can't confirm it was him. Hong Kong chinese - where's Chainrai based?

As for the Russian guy, his name was Chalva Tchigirinski. At the time he owned 51% in Sibir. His right hand man in most of his business dealings was a guy called Roberto Avondo. Join the dots yourself.

There you go girls. I'm still waiting for answers from you about how you know what salary Norris is on, why CSI would buy Pompey to launder money when it would be so much easier for them to do it via any number of other companies, what the conspiracy story behind Chainrai, CSI and the Gaydamaks is supposed to have changed to today and which nationality of girls Crab Lungs finally decided was sexiest after PM'ing me to ask my advice

Bye now, see you on the main board XX

can anyone be bothered to read this drivel?

looks like the pompey deal to swap Lambert with Ben Haim seems to have hit a snag the size of a three year contract.

Very quiet on the transfer front, I would have liked us to confirm something, even though we already have a decent squad.

Time is getting on for those last minute bargains, though Cotterill now looks like the bloke running around the filling station shop on Christmas Eve.

Charcoal and lads mags for everyone again this year.

looks like the pompey deal to swap Lambert with Ben Haim seems to have hit a snag the size of a three year contract.

Very quiet on the transfer front, I would have liked us to confirm something, even though we already have a decent squad.

Time is getting on for those last minute bargains, though Cotterill now looks like the bloke running around the filling station shop on Christmas Eve.

Charcoal and lads mags for everyone again this year.

Not quite.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2010866/Portsmouth-bid-1m-Blackpool-defender-Ian-Evatt.html

PMSL. Thanking fans for their loyalty, overwhelmed by the remarkable show of faith??????? All this on the back of 8000 of the 'Bestest Fans in the World' renewing a ST. I mean a whole 8000 in what, over months of them being on sale. WOW!

Pompey’s new owners have cut the price of adult matchday tickets by £2 for 17 of Pompey’s Championship home games.

In a series of initiatives to thank fans for their loyalty, they have also scrapped the planned third-phase rise in season ticket prices.

Early-bird season ticket holders are being given another chance to get 10% back off the price of their season ticket by introducing a friend.

And a £2 administration fee on tickets bought at Fratton Park on the day of a match will now be donated to charity.

The club has been overwhelmed by the remarkable show of faith by supporters this summer, with nearly 8,000 renewing their season tickets for 2011/12.

And a £2 administration fee!

I bet Androids administration fees were more than £2.00! Does this new 'administration fee' mean they are saving up to pay for their next administration because we all know charities won't see any of it. Business as usual down the road?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2011/06/carson_crisis_leaves_blues_adr.html

Some good reply's on here number 15 is very good from a pompey fan with sense,

Berger's left foot: I remember only too well, that when this happened to my beloved club, the particularly unfortunate Portsmouth, that the Brum fans gave us all a very hard time. We were " a disgusting club, who bought a cup (something which is a stupid claim - what do Man U - Barca etc do every year - the only difference is there owners are not knee deep in criminal activity) and that we had cheated them out of a place in the prem. Well now the shoes on the other foot, despite the temptation to belittle them in the same way we suffered I will resist.

This is a sensible reply, is it? No, this is the usual semi-literate garbage that eminates from the Blue few. They really don't get it, comparing themselves with the likes of ManU and Barca. The difference between those clubs and the Skates is that those clubs can afford to buy and pay the best players, that they live within their means. If this Skate believes that it was excusable to buy the cup with money that they didn't have, a policy that left them in administration and left charities and local businesses unpaid, if he believes that this is just the same as Man U and Barca, then the man is clearly a total idiot.

This is a sensible reply, is it? No, this is the usual semi-literate garbage that eminates from the Blue few. They really don't get it, comparing themselves with the likes of ManU and Barca. The difference between those clubs and the Skates is that those clubs can afford to buy and pay the best players, that they live within their means. If this Skate believes that it was excusable to buy the cup with money that they didn't have, a policy that left them in administration and left charities and local businesses unpaid, if he believes that this is just the same as Man U and Barca, then the man is clearly a total idiot.

Agree with that, but there is a second part where the skate is actually probably correct.

the comparison to Brum...

Win a cup, get relegated, get financial trouble

The brums do have one difference though. Their owner actually got ARRESTED for money laundering...

So if they gave the skates stick they are somewhat deseriving of abise back

Agree with that, but there is a second part where the skate is actually probably correct.

the comparison to Brum...

Win a cup, get relegated, get financial trouble

The brums do have one difference though. Their owner actually got ARRESTED for money laundering...

So if they gave the skates stick they are somewhat deseriving of abise back

Well, they can hurl abuse at each other all they like. Anybody who believes that the Skates have been bought by the Ruskies for anything other than reasons of money-laundering would be a bit naive. Oh, sorry, I forgot. It is because of the brilliant facilities, their superb fans, the investment potential that is offered by the sleeping giant of English football. ;)

Well, they can hurl abuse at each other all they like. Anybody who believes that the Skates have been bought by the Ruskies for anything other than reasons of money-laundering would be a bit naive. Oh, sorry, I forgot. It is because of the brilliant facilities, their superb fans, the investment potential that is offered by the sleeping giant of English football. ;)

Perhaps more entertaining is to view it as one down one to go.... ;)

This is a sensible reply, is it? No, this is the usual semi-literate garbage that eminates from the Blue few. They really don't get it, comparing themselves with the likes of ManU and Barca.

Why not try reading it again and actually think about the context in which it's written? He's not comparing us in any way with Man U and Barca apart form the fact that they both have similarly proportional levels of debt to us.

The difference between those clubs and the Skates is that those clubs can afford to buy and pay the best players, that they live within their means.

Man U's debt stood at £590 million in 2009-10, up around £25 million from the previous year. Barca's debt in the same season was 442m euros (£369.5m) after a loss of more than 77m euros (£64.36m) the season before. Hardly 'living within their means' is it?

If this Skate believes that it was excusable to buy the cup with money that they didn't have, a policy that left them in administration and left charities and local businesses unpaid, if he believes that this is just the same as Man U and Barca, then the man is clearly a total idiot.

Hmmm, what in the same way seem to think it's excusable to build a stadium you clearly couldnt afford, the wreckage of which left Aviva clients up and down the country paying more because you defaulted on the mortgage. Most of that money you still owe Aviva will NEVER be repaid. And you call us cheats!

You spent money you didn't have on a stadium, we spent money we didn't have on players. We're both as bad as each other.....

Yep, to be fair you did it right way in the long term- they were never going to knock it down, and it's the extra 10k that you've had since that makes a huge difference to what you can do in the market.

Actually, serious question- who have you brought in so far, anyone any good?