Saints vs Leeds - Build Up

saint_bert

Would love to beat dirty Leeds.

Avenge the 4-3, and to get this years trip up there out of my head. Day nearly ruined by moronic stewerds!

I say 2-1 saints

What happened with the stewards?

I don't remember any trouble.

I'm trying to figure out the last Leeds game I went to. They beat us. Theo Walcott's dad was in th row below us in the away end. Theo scored and me and my brother were doing "kerrchinggg" actions, meaning he had increased his value. I haven't got a clue which competition it was. Were we premier league or CCC, where was Leeds? Ta

Walcott scored V Leeds at Elland Road, 05/06, when we lost 3-1 I believe.

EDIT; Actually I think we won that game as I can remember Fuller scoring, and someone else as well.

The other game that season was THAT 4-3 game, but Walcott didn't score.

Edited by Saint_clark

I'm trying to figure out the last Leeds game I went to. They beat us. Theo Walcott's dad was in th row below us in the away end. Theo scored and me and my brother were doing "kerrchinggg" actions, meaning he had increased his value. I haven't got a clue which competition it was. Were we premier league or CCC, where was Leeds? Ta

I don't think Walcott ever played for us in the Premier League...could be wrong though

Ive managed to find it in my student budget to head home for this one. I cant wait. Food is overrated anyway.

Well done to the OP for starting this one early, important that we look forward rather than mope around about saturday!

4-1 saints. Lambert for a long overdue hattrick

Would love to beat dirty Leeds.

Avenge the 4-3, and to get this years trip up there out of my head. Day nearly ruined by moronic stewerds!

I say 2-1 saints

Have you still not gotten over that one?

The year after that we went up to their place and tonked them 3-0. Then on what was I think the penultimate game of the season BWP scored a last minute winner whilst Hull got a last minute equaliser. That basically sent them down (they were chucking bottles, coins and all the toys in the pram into the Itchen North after the match when the scores were read out).

(they were chucking bottles, coins and all the toys in the pram into the Itchen North after the match when the scores were read out).

i remember that, and the media tried to paint that as us being in the wrong

''southampton fans goaded the leeds fans at the final whistle, by celebrating hulls late equaliser''

errr we celebrated it because it was against Stoke, and it was a fantastic result for our playoff push!

The best result and game v Leeds was the League Cup semi final victory, a night game, they had the entire Archers Rd End.

Fantastic atmosphere.

Worst - the 4-3 and the Ali Dia match, the latter I watched from the Leeds section, you'll do anything for pussy.

cant make the game on saturday, gutted would love to watch us beat leeds again. daughter has to work so cant drive medown and cant make the trip on my own any more.

so i will be listening to dave we need a second goal merrington on the player

shall be making the trip over from sweden for the weekend. looking forward to a crackin atmosphere. got tickets in the Northam.

shall be doing the pubs round town friday and sat. see you all there...

By the way...Whats the best pubs round town nowdays?

The year after that we went up to their place and tonked them 3-0. Then on what was I think the penultimate game of the season BWP scored a last minute winner whilst Hull got a last minute equaliser. That basically sent them down (they were chucking bottles, coins and all the toys in the pram into the Itchen North after the match when the scores were read out).

Some scars never fade

More to the point the 4-3 defeat got rid of Redknapp, which did us a favour.

Leeds build up? I've got several more days of mopping about last saturday yet before my re-newed opptomism kicks in for next saturday.

Me too! In fact I've not been able to bring myself even to log on to my favourite website until today so much am I still in mourning. What really gets up my snorters is the sheer bloodyminded inevitability of failure at our club whatever the circumstances. To think we are now doomed to another miserable year in this festering crapyard of hoofball so no way am I going to waste my time this Saturday or next Tuesday watching this bunch of losers. It no longer matters what we do in those matches so why should I give a toss. Wish I could get my money back...

We're off for a week to the land of Frogs

i remember that, and the media tried to paint that as us being in the wrong

''southampton fans goaded the leeds fans at the final whistle, by celebrating hulls late equaliser''

errr we celebrated it because it was against Stoke, and it was a fantastic result for our playoff push!

there was plenty of goading and they reacted.

Not sure why but Snodgrass has been on the bench recently for Leeds. Maybe he's been injured? but i thought he was Leeds best player when we played at Elland Road before christmas. Leeds fans at work don't know why either.

He was by far their best player in the away match. Him and Lallana when on the ball were the best players on the pitch.

Can't wait for this game. I can see it being a draw, but at this stage and on our recent form i expect a win at home.

Gonna be a great atmosphere, and i have nothing against Leeds so there won't be any feelings of animosity from me.

And then Tuesday, Swindon. Mid week games are the best thing in the world.

We're inconsistant, so losing to Tranmere should mean that we whip the pants off of Leeds.

IMO it'll be a close one, but I would like to see them slip up and fall into the play-off spots at the end of the season (for a giggle), so I hope we win this one.

2-1 Saints IMO, and I wish I could be there. :-(

Think this game could turn out to be a real highlight of the season in terms of the quality of football we will see played. Leeds are desperate not to get caught up in the play-offs again and we will be looking to show the rest of the league the damage we can do.

I'll predict a VERY tight 2-1 to the mighty reds! COYR!!

Oh, and I'm also bizzarely looking forward to the inevitable chant of "You dirty Northen b*stards"

Looks like Leeds have warmed up tonight with a 4-1 away win over relegation fodder. Didn't we play their oppo away recently.......

But Millwall won again, so the play off stop moves one point further off.

On the plus side, Swindon lost to MK Dons and I don't fancy their run in much, tbh, so they are probably the team to catch now.

Leeds beat Tranmere 4-1, surely that is the sort of result we should have been getting on saturday.[As they scored 4 tonight could be a cracker saturday].

Perhaps you'd like to swap the 5-1 home win over Walsall with Leeds 2-1 home defeat to same opposition whilst you're at it?

Walcott scored V Leeds at Elland Road, 05/06, when we lost 3-1 I believe.

EDIT; Actually I think we won that game as I can remember Fuller scoring, and someone else as well.

The other game that season was THAT 4-3 game, but Walcott didn't score.

We lost 2-1 when Walcott scored Tuesday night game

Better be a decent game- It's my bro's stag weekend and 8 or so of us are going to the game then on in to town in the evening. Would be good to start the celebrations with a decent win ! But as most say I think it will be tough, but we do raise our game against the better sides, and with home advantage I am hoping for a tight win - 2-1 !!

We lost 2-1 when Walcott scored Tuesday night game

The goals in the 3-4 were scored by Pahars and Quashie, so it wasn't that game either.

I reckon he's thinking of Millwall away. They're both a bunch of *unpleasant gentlement* so it's an easy mistake to make. We won 2-0 at the New Den, Walcott and Fuller did score.

Think it will be another tight game similar to Elland Road game. Saints have better players in the team now and hopefully will be able to provide our strikers with plenty of chances, something we didn't do at Leeds with Connolly and Lambert were starved of decent balls to them and were kept quiet by Naylor and Kinsboro that day.

2-1 to Saints.