Pard's demeanour at Wembley

theyin

I wasn't there unfortunately and I'm sure this is mentioned elsewhere in the threads but...

The more I look at various friend's photos from the day and in particular the end of the BBC clip of the game, don't you think his distance from the team/apathetic response to winning, basically his whole reaction was a little telling?

I'm not going to start the ball rolling as to why but with each and every view of the video/photos, I do start wondering what is going on in his head.

As far as I'm concerned he's done an excellent job save for a few fluffs in selection and game plan (again, I'm only going on what I read here) and I wouldn't want NC making any rash decisions if indeed he is the cause of AP's dour body language.

Ooops, just realised I've started the ball rolling.

I think he's disappointed we've started to really gel just as the play offs are out of our reach. He's a fantastic manager and I hope he'll be with us for a long time. Cortese has been hard work for him, but I think if we stick with Pardew it will really play off well for us in the future.

I'm sure AP must think sometimes - if only they'd the bought the club a couple of months earlier and brought me in straight away, I could have got us up first time round and saved myself a lot of stress and agro. Of course he's happy, but he's been in the game a very long time now and knows how quickly things can change. Think what happened to him at West Ham - he was a Steven Gerrard performance away from winning the FA Cup in the best final for years, but they didn't cut him much slack at the Hammers when his team hit a bad patch of form.

FFS, his smile was almost going to rip his face off at the end. He hugged both NC and ML. he picked up and waved a SFC flag to a HUGE cheer. The biggest cheer with the cup was saved for AP and he knew it.

Some of you really need to get a ****ing grip on reality.

I think people here have pieced together pretty much what Pardew was feeling. I would add that he knows the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is just the first rung of a long climb up the achievement ladder. The JPT win was very nice, but it isn't the FA Cup or League Cup, and more importantly, it's not promotion either. There's a lot of work to be done.

"Damned if you do damned if you don't" had AP been ecstatic he would have soon been reminded it was 'only the JPT' because he was reserved(although after watching it on tv yesterday, I thought he celebrated appropriately for every goal) we over analyse, im no body language expert so won't even enter into suggestion but to say he is not or never will be one of those managers who offer something extra in interview, he simply is not that type of 'character'.

from the 'fans' being idiots, to the players not performing, the manager not performing, the chairman being booed, and now the manager being 'apathetic' after winning a cup after clearly celebrating each and every goal and having a 'proud' look on his face when Antonio scored on his birthday, an almost 'we' helped him achieve a dream (the club, the manager and the fans, that is).

This forum just pushes the boundries of what it is to be a supporter or fan. And after reading more derogatory comments on another thread and the self loathing that some on here obviously feel, I just find it all so childish.

Yes, everyone is entitled to a view, everyone has different views, everyone should debate those views, but seriously, the OP wasn't even at the game, doesn;t comment on whether he witnessed AP celebrating any of the goals, or anything else apart from pictures from his mate? A Saints supporter? Not in my book.

I thought he was a little laid back but that's just the way he is as other's have said he's been around a while now and know's that those that hug can also fire if thing's don't go too well in the future, personally i hope he's with us for the long haul...

I think people here have pieced together pretty much what Pardew was feeling. I would add that he knows the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is just the first rung of a long climb up the achievement ladder. The JPT win was very nice, but it isn't the FA Cup or League Cup, and more importantly, it's not promotion either. There's a lot of work to be done.

Exactly this; it would be a little ridiculous of him if he went over the top with his celebrations and was there gurning like a complete loon. This was a nice trophy to win but AP knows there are much bigger prizes to win than this. You can be sure that if he'd have gone over the top there would have plenty on here criticising him for putting too much stock into a tin-pot cup and not enough into the league....

Mischievous OP.

From where I sat / stood (sorry !) I saw AP punch the air after every goal, hug NC and ML, Take a flag and waved it at the end of the Royal Box platform.

he is a cool customer, controlled, and speaks with authority, he is also appreciated by the fans.

Just what we've needed for years.

Alan Pardew' Red and White Army

I wasn't there unfortunately and I'm sure this is mentioned elsewhere in the threads but...

The more I look at various friend's photos from the day and in particular the end of the BBC clip of the game, don't you think his distance from the team/apathetic response to winning, basically his whole reaction was a little telling?

I'm not going to start the ball rolling as to why but with each and every view of the video/photos, I do start wondering what is going on in his head.

As far as I'm concerned he's done an excellent job save for a few fluffs in selection and game plan (again, I'm only going on what I read here) and I wouldn't want NC making any rash decisions if indeed he is the cause of AP's dour body language.

You're being effing paranoiac, Alan Pardew has been there so many times before as a winner (only 4 years ago) and a loser (only three years ago) in much bigger competitions so he wasn't in awe of the place. His demeanor of acting calmly and normally was calculated to settle down his players quickly. This attitude of "just another game" attitude which was pitched just right and exactly what was needed. It worked a treat which is why we played our normal dull up-and-under game and yet scored for fun every time we felt like it.

Be honest pal, how many teams ever score 4 at Wembley and it's probably because the manager is over-hyped and it all transmits to the palyers? Inside no doubt he was shooting bricks in case we lost and he had to expalin that away to the bosses. As for distancing himself from the palyers during the celebrations you are into looney tunes.

His creed was obviously, "these are (my) young lads, they may never play here again, it;s their success and their day. He was full of pride as anybody could see but let them have the limelight, which is why they all love him ad why he is one effing heck of a good manager - the sort of bloke you lay down your life for!

Get off his case, get off his back, there is no intrigue, no hidden agenda's.

Just enjoy what he's doing for us right now and thank the Lord we don't have some non-entity red-nosed weirdo accented clown instead.

I wasn't there unfortunately

I think this just says it all. AP was not only help jeer (waving his ups at the crowd to sing up was funny) the crowd up. His attitude was to let the player have there moment. He is quite humble really. The moment at the end with NC & ML was more telling of anything that could be said in any papers or message boards. Then finally picking up the flag and waving it was perfect.

So stop trolling FFS.

hey .... as I said, I wasn't there and so my judgement can rightly be called into question. I'm just going by the pictures from various sources and a lack of AP coverage, as far as I remember, on the box during the game.

BUT TO SUGGEST I'M NOT A FAN - WELL YOU CAN JUST GO F**K YOURSELF KIDDO.

Do we really have to start on who's a fan and who's not based on attendance? Bores the s~~t out of me that one.

For your info, too far to commute and too pricey on my pocket each week for an ST and I was working away for both the area finals.

Here's how I saw it. And I was there - I did actually see it. I was 5 rows from the front, had a great view. Pardew lifted the trophy with a massive smile on his face, it was evident he really enjoyed that. He then picked up a Saints flag and waved it at the fans. Saw Cortese hug Pardew and then Pards had a right old embrace with Mr. Liebherr.

On the pitch when the trophy was being celebrated, they walked right past us. As Pardew went past, we all started singing "ONE ALAN PARDEW" and he was clapping us, smiling, he then blew a kiss into the crowd in appreciation. He was loving it.

I think the OP is nothing but a poor attempt at trolling and I wondered when the deliberately negative posts would start.

FFS, his smile was almost going to rip his face off at the end. He hugged both NC and ML. he picked up and waved a SFC flag to a HUGE cheer. The biggest cheer with the cup was saved for AP and he knew it.

absolutley spot on.

i cant believe i clicked on this thread and started reading it, i knew it would wind me up!

there's an incredible amount of phsycologists (sp) on here that know of people's demeanour and what they are thinking by the way they part their hair and how they blink and how many vowels they use in each sentance.

grrr

you can tell a lot by someones outfit. the tracksuit top/suit said to me "this is a special occasion but its only the jpt, i'll get the suit and tie out if we reach the playoffs final"

hence why he looked slightly embarassed when he had to lift the cup

Instead of trying to read something into everything it can sometimes be simpler and

easier with less angst to take things at face value rather than keep looking for hidden motives and agenda. It was a good day out with the right result and everyone was more than satisfied

Yeah, touch of the Rab C Nesbitt's there I thought!

Don't think he was wearing a string vest was he? I thought it a bit odd that he was not wearing collar & tie, but then again I don't so why should he.

In my view his reaction on Sunday was very reasonable, he was clearly delighted, but it was tempered by knowing this was not the real goal. If he had simply gone mental at winning he would have given the impression that this was the be all and end all, which it clearly wasn't. After a while he relaxed and allowed himself to enjoy the moment a bit more, with the hugs, the flag and the cup. Good man, its great to see someone managing our team who has some dignity and respect, and is not just a big mouth.

To be honest he looks pretty happy @ 3mins 50 seconds, also look pretty happy when he shake NC and Ml's hand and again when he waves the saints flag and picks up the cup!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qcpsh

I simply thought he was dignified in winning. Showed respect to the Carlisle manager etc. Wasn't a big head.

He's a professional who acted professionally.

I'd say the way AP celebrated the goals was far more telling.

I'm in agreement to the above three comments,had Wenger been Carlisle's manager perhaps AP might have been less restrained.:)

By the way,for the OP,ranting like a loon or being more animated on the touchline - Martin O'Neill,or even WGS to a point - does not make the manager any better,more impassioned or enthusiastic.

Beckenbauer won the World Cup whilst retaining his composure throughout;Martin Allen has hastened Cheltenham's demise amidst great histrionics (on and off the pitch).

When he picked up the trophy and recieved the biggest cheer of the day, he turned and looked in the direction of NC which i thot was interesting. Maybe it was a look of 'sounds like im doin a great job so far'.

In relation to keeping his distance from the players during celebrations, its a bit mourinho-esque......let the players have all the glory, they deserve it.

I thought Pardew acted in a calm dignified manor, expressing just the right amount of emotion. After the game he congratulated all his players, he had a huge grin on his face after the hugs with ML & NC & waving the flag & lifting the cup for the fans.

What did you want him to do? run across the pitch like that PR*CK Pleat did at Main Road jigging like a moron.

This. Didn't need to read the rest of the thread.

AP had to consider the Brighton match 4 days later. If it had been/could still be the play off final, then AP WILL be celebrating much more enthusiastically!!!! (As will the fans!)

I thoght he was spot on! He rarely needed to get worked up during the match and probably relaxed soon after half time when the third went in- he was already planning ahead and enjoying the atmosphere too. ( eg Can I get Perry on as he may nnot get another chance- and what about Gillet who, just maybe, might be important over the next few weeks.

A great day, celebrated wisely!!

I watched him punch the air with every goal we scored. We were right next to the dug out, he gestured to the crowd on a few ocasions to make some noise as well, on the pitch after the game he had both hands aloft, was also waving a saints flag, what are you expecting, the crouch robot dance?

Well Said!

From watching TV and live games, I don't think he is an unpassionate manager at all.

A little mischief making by the negatives on here I think...

Not sure what game you were at theyin

when he made our substitutions. the players coming off and AP gave each other hi fives.

To me that showed the players and manager were all together. and as has already been mention the hugs between AP, ML and NC were equally important that the club are working as one.