One Year On

I can't complain about the club at all this season. The feel factor is back and hopefully here to stay, I'm enjoying my drives to and from St Mary's (and Wembley), and with Norwich doing as well as they are, my homelife couldn't be better.

Winning the play-offs this season (something I think is unachievable this season), and getting promoted with Norwich, could make me do something I wasn't planning on doing for a while. (She wishes...)

Supporting your team should be about enjoyment, I have enjoyed more games this season than I can remember - and have nearly recovered from Sunday!

We are lucky to have Markus, Cortese and Pardew - but they will consider themselves lucky to have the support they have had.

Supporting your team should be about enjoyment, I have enjoyed more games this season than I can remember - and have nearly recovered from Sunday!

We are lucky to have Markus, Cortese and Pardew - but they will consider themselves lucky to have the support they have had.

Totally agree - it will be a long time before any Southcoast team can boast the attendances we have had this season in this league home and away. If things go to plan I see a very bright red & white future for our great club.

I'm assuming you are on a wind up, but will bite anyway.

It could so easily have been different, we got lucky.

Very Lucky! Its why so many of us were so worried and also why we are originally suspiciaous of the Wilde - Crouch - Wilde/Lowe merrygoround - because Wilde was considered the saviour at one point, then crouch etc... but classic cases of heart in right place but if you combine the inexperience with no funds you end up as we did and as pompey are currently going.....

...BUt we finally got lucky, and to be honest after what we had been through, maybe we deserved it - afterall whatever we think of Lowe, Wilde or Crouch etc none of these spunked cash away as if they did not care abouty teh consequences a la pompey and Leeds - yet we suffered the same punishment. For me I agreed that we deserved the punishment for the admin, but our 'crimes' were hardly in the same league as Pompey and Leeds....

... now we have St Markus and St Nic and sometimes you have to pinch yourself that we have been so lucky... I actually like the good cop bad cop partnership that ML and NC have as the balance seems right, an owner who is so obviously enamoured by saints (the camera scene is a classic and makes me smile), but has obviously set high ambitions that he has his perfect foil in NC to deliver. Sure maybe a few learnings, but what a result!

Good times for all, so lets make the most of it, enjoy it and support what the owner, the CEO andmanager and players are all determined to achieve

COYRs

I'm assuming you are on a wind up, but will bite anyway.

It could so easily have been different, we got lucky.

We didn't get lucky, have you not read Farewell to the Dell, as someone mentions in there "you do not choose to support Saints, The Saints choose you". Obviously Askham did a deal with the Devil all those years back, which he must have defaulted on last April.

Speak for yourself - some of us knew all along.

Alps, yup you did say that you welcomed Admin - and you were honest to say this was because it would guarrantee that we got rid of the lot them... but forgive me If I dont believe that you had some kind of vision or crystal ball that showed we would not end up with a bunch of chancers without a pot to **** in... which there was more channce of happening than teh odds of landing a Markus..

I'm 15 and the amount of stick I get from m8s and my glory hunter of a brother day in day out is unreal, but this season has been the same. But atleast I can watch a game and know the drive was worth it. The saints have done an amazing come bak this year fantastic. I look forward to seein my m8s a rubbing it in there f***ing faces. Quality saints keep up the good work!!!!!

A year ago today we entered a very unstable period, that we all hoped would end up with us having a club left to support. Some can rightly claim now that they were convinced that at the time we'd come out all right. Me I happen to be a pessimistic sort, just the way I am I guess. I always felt we'd come out of administration, but never did I think we'd have come out with the type of owner we've got today.

I just think Sunday summed up what Marcus seems to be like Camera out taking pictures loving every minute of his Wembley experience, how many owners do you see with their own camera out taking picture's at Wembley. Hopefully Marcus & his family will be a part of Saints for a long time to come.

I for one feel we've been extremely lucky to come up with ML & NC who lets not forget sold the club to Marcus as a good deal. Let the good times roll.

We could have ended up with Pinnacle!!!

Exactly, we were so LUCKY, and it was luck. Cortese saw us as an opportunity, which was lucky in itself, but also we only *just* avoided Pinnacle and others like them. Remember, Cortese and Liebherr hung back because of MLT's involvement.

We came so close to that Walter Mitty lot taking us into years more financial chaos. Imagine if we were now close to the bottom of L1 with just the remnants of last year's youth team and no funds. That could so easily have happened.

K.

It was one year ago today that it was reported the SLH Plc was to go into admin. I thought it was a joke at the time, it was just the management of our club that was a joke though.

We now have the best owner, manager and squad in L1

What a difference a year makes !! COYR

if only people wouldn't fling their bloody chicken fried rice everywhere, we'd be in the EPL!

It was one year ago today that it was reported the SLH Plc was to go into admin. I thought it was a joke at the time, it was just the management of our club that was a joke though.

We now have the best owner, manager and squad in L1

What a difference a year makes !! COYR

I strongly disagree. It is one of the better squads in the league no doubt about it, but Millwall have a better side. Norwich do as well.

And AP best manager in the league? Kenny Jackett is by far the best manager in League One.

All in my opinion of course.

Exactly, we were so LUCKY, and it was luck. Cortese saw us as an opportunity, which was lucky in itself, but also we only *just* avoided Pinnacle and others like them. Remember, Cortese and Liebherr hung back because of MLT's involvement.

We came so close to that Walter Mitty lot taking us into years more financial chaos. Imagine if we were now close to the bottom of L1 with just the remnants of last year's youth team and no funds. That could so easily have happened.

K.

Still would have been better than liquidation, according to a lot of people on here.

We've been very fortunate, and I'm pleased for our saviour that he had a day out with his camera last week.

The main positive that I saw at Wembley was the number of kids and families enjoying the day.

Yes there were a few people who hadn't been to a game since 2005 and I even saw a Rasiak shirt, BUT by winning last Sunday in front of those kids we may have just secured the next generation of fanbase.

Markus must be very pleased with his investment thus far, and so he should be, IMO NC and AP are doing pretty well.

Last year I really feared we might go under, not because I'm a doom and gloom merchant but because I have a basic grasp of how business works - it was a close call and anyone who disagrees must be considering buying Pompey as it looks like a little goldmine...

But for anyone who saw the club in its death throes in those games against Charlton and Burnley, we owe ML enormous thanks - the guy's a legend.

We've been very fortunate, and I'm pleased for our saviour that he had a day out with his camera last week.

The main positive that I saw at Wembley was the number of kids and families enjoying the day.

Yes there were a few people who hadn't been to a game since 2005 and I even saw a Rasiak shirt, BUT by winning last Sunday in front of those kids we may have just secured the next generation of fanbase.

Markus must be very pleased with his investment thus far, and so he should be, IMO NC and AP are doing pretty well.

Last year I really feared we might go under, not because I'm a doom and gloom merchant but because I have a basic grasp of how business works - it was a close call and anyone who disagrees must be considering buying Pompey as it looks like a little goldmine...

But for anyone who saw the club in its death throes in those games against Charlton and Burnley, we owe ML enormous thanks - the guy's a legend.

Very well put. I don't think I've ever felt as dispirited after a game as I did following that one against Charlton. We'd gone into admin, but there was an excellent crowd there; our team then proceeded to feebly roll over against the only team lower in the league than us. No fight, no spirit, nothing. The defeat to Burnley confirmed that we'd be down and get the 10-point penalty this season, but after Charlton I really couldn't see any other outcome.

What a difference a year makes, eh.

Very well put. I don't think I've ever felt as dispirited after a game as I did following that one against Charlton. We'd gone into admin, but there was an excellent crowd there; our team then proceeded to feebly roll over against the only team lower in the league than us. No fight, no spirit, nothing. The defeat to Burnley confirmed that we'd be down and get the 10-point penalty this season, but after Charlton I really couldn't see any other outcome.

What a difference a year makes, eh.

I don't know they why's and wherefore's, but would it have been so hard to take administration and the 10 point deduction before the deadline? By delaying, the ripple effect could continue through next season - not only could we miss out on promotion this season, our better players could leave in the summer and leave us weakened by next season. Fingers crossed that whatever happens, we end up back in the Championship.

Still would have been better than liquidation, according to a lot of people on here.

Well yes anything would have better than *liquidation*. That is far worse than administration. If the club had actually been liquidated, St Mary's would have been sold, we'd have no football league membership because Southampton FC wouldn't exist as such, and the best we could have hoped for was a re-formed AFC Southampton 2009 plc, playing in the Southern Premier, ground-sharing with Havant or somewhere similar.

We weren't all that far from that scenario. We were very very lucky to come out of things as we did.

For me personally at least, that was really what Wembley was really about .. a celebration of our continued existence. This year has SO far exceeded expectations.

K.

Spot on.

Last season a glimpse towards the family centre, would suggest we were in danger of skipping a whole generation of fans.

This season and Wembley shows that was wrong. Such a pity that the FA weren't smart enough to work out how to segregate two whole different blocks and more youngsters could have enjoyed the party.

A year ago we got docked '10 Points'. But NOT in the CCC. It would appear that others are treated more favourably as they get their points deducted now (last week). Shame that we couldn't force the FA to reconsider. Oh! Sorry. We're not in the Prem are we?

Same old story coming out, we went into admin after the cutoff date!! The rules say if you go into admin after that date and you get relegated without the points being taken off they are applied NEXT season, if the team survive relegation the points are taken off THIS season and if that means with THIS seasons point deduction you enter the relegation zone SO BE IT and you go down, Crystal Palace went into admin before the cut off point and even if the lost every game from now to the end of the season the points are deducted this season. The club concerned in the Premier league who shall stay nameless (urggggh) went into admin well before any cutoff date, even if it was not confirmed by the PL until later, The unnamed club would have had a case to argue if the points were not taken off this season, with possible legal action.

My little lad's just turned 10, and all his known is rubbish. No Keegan, Le Tiss, Channon ect for him (even his older brother got to go to Cardiff). Before Sunday his favourite game was the Sheff Utd one with Nigel Pearson and his best away moment the Forset game becuaes of the fantastic support that day. He's at school with Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal supporters and yet on Monday he went in proud of Saints with stories to tell of the fantastic day he had. He said all the teachers were asking him about it, and he's watched it on TV about 5 times since.

I've told him that day out, and that win means more to him than any Champions League, Premiership that all his glory hunting mates could win.

By winning that one trophy, a trophy that we'd have laughed at for the past 35 years, my lad and countless other kids now know what highs football can bring and that you dont need to support the best to fall in love with the game.