PARDEWS Verdict!!

SOTONS EAST SIDE

I wonder how much longer it will take AP to win over the doubters? Great result to go with many others this season. Goal difference only 2nd to Norwich now. Top man doing a terrific job for us. Perhaps now all this sack him next Christmas nonsense will stop and he will get the support he deserves.

I wonder how much longer it will take AP to win over the doubters? Great result to go with many others this season. Goal difference only 2nd to Norwich now. Top man doing a terrific job for us. Perhaps now all this sack him next Christmas nonsense will stop and he will get the support he deserves.
+1 Sado

There aren't many doubters. Everyone I see at matches seems 100% behind him. Only a few from the fringes on here seem to think we could do better.

There aren't many doubters. Everyone I see at matches seems 100% behind him. Only a few from the fringes on here seem to think we could do better.

So you think that losing at Tranmere and drawing 0-0 against Wycombe is not being able to do better ?

Yes, we are on a roll now and yes, I reckon we can make the playoffs and yes, AP should be given a good chance next season to sustain this level of performance and form, but dont get carried away.

Have to say, I was dubious about AP. But after tonight I think there will be a revolt if he is somehow allowed to leave the club this summer. And rightly so

"one alan pardew"

He's not going anywhere unless he wants to. NC will never get rid now. But the club has a plan, and the progress needs to be reviewed next Xmas.

So you think that losing at Tranmere and drawing 0-0 against Wycombe is not being able to do better ?

Yes, we are on a roll now and yes, I reckon we can make the playoffs and yes, AP should be given a good chance next season to sustain this level of performance and form, but dont get carried away.

unlike you to only pick out the negatives ;)

lets look at hammering Bristol Rovers 5-1 away from home, lets also look at demolishing Huddersfield and Walsall 5-0 and 5-1 respectively. While we are at it, lets look at beating Norwich 2-0 away from home and Leeds 1-0. Not to mention a cup final win of 4-1. There, thats much better :p

A good businessman will continue to focus on highlighting and resolving the negatives whilst the positives are increasing

Feck me!

SO now we have to be good businessmen rather than fans - what is the game coming to.:rolleyes:

There are too many people on here who over analyse everything and have far too high a regard for their own opinion.

Try going back to being a fan / supporter, it is a lot more fun, I promise you.

unlike you to only pick out the negatives ;)

lets look at hammering Bristol Rovers 5-1 away from home, lets also look at demolishing Huddersfield and Walsall 5-0 and 5-1 respectively. While we are at it, lets look at beating Norwich 2-0 away from home and Leeds 1-0. Not to mention a cup final win of 4-1. There, thats much better :p

Nope, you have to look at both.

We want promotion, not a pat on the head, dont we ?

So Lambert should be looked at as they lost to no hopers last night.

FFS nobody wins every game and to pick below average results is just trying to make mischief, who has posted this commment.....oh Alps

Lets face it, those who want Pardew gone are c***s.

They are either old folk who hark back to Syndnam and Paine or exiles who never go to matches and whom believe that we should win every single game we play, just as every other team manages to do.

Expat ate my hamster shocker :cool:

I'm obviously missing something, but I don't recall a serious "Pardew OUT" post, whether it be from a coffin dodging expat or from within the hallowed ground of an SO postal code :confused:

For one not quite so young expat, I have nothing but admiration for AP and have been very impressed with the way he has conducted himself throughout his time here. From day 1 he identified problem areas both on and off the pitch, and has gone about finding solutions quietly and methodically.

Superb! Name one manager in any division in the world who hasn't had a couple of bad performances against his name this season. I know Wenger had a decent spell a couple of years back but if that is what you're aspiring to you will never really take a lot of joy from football. There will always be room for improvement, suck it up and enjoy.

In alps' defence, I do think it is important to always review the poor results and performances, never dismiss them, and to want to improve upon them. Every player, manager and team should always be looking for improvement, no matter how many good results they get, otherwise complacency can set in and things can unravel.

BUT, in context, now is not the time to be worrying about past results like Tranmere and Wycombe... we have momentum, and should use the positive mood and morale to carry us on in to the next game. Preparation should be all about what we could achieve if we are positive and win all our games.

Even taking those games into consideration, my approach would be to encourage the players to think what they could achieve if they can eradicate those one-off poor performances... they know they have the quality, and they don't need to be shown how to play... they just need reminding about the standards they have set for themselves and to remain focused.

Even then, despite all that, there will ALWAYS be poor results or performances, because that's football.

Ofcourse it could be argued that "the kick up the ass" (albeit maybe better done privately), is what has led to the latest improvement in performances :-)

Surely, it's not one or the other (i.e. sack AP he's crap, or keep him he's god), but somewhere in between, and yes loving it at the moment, but we need to learn from the poor performances and improve - just enough to get promotion / champions - does not have to be perfect and never will be !

See, there's always a middle way :-)

In alps' defence, I do think it is important to always review the poor results and performances, never dismiss them, and to want to improve upon them. Every player, manager and team should always be looking for improvement, no matter how many good results they get, otherwise complacency can set in and things can unravel.

BUT, in context, now is not the time to be worrying about past results like Tranmere and Wycombe... we have momentum, and should use the positive mood and morale to carry us on in to the next game. Preparation should be all about what we could achieve if we are positive and win all our games.

Even taking those games into consideration, my approach would be to encourage the players to think what they could achieve if they can eradicate those one-off poor performances... they know they have the quality, and they don't need to be shown how to play... they just need reminding about the standards they have set for themselves and to remain focused.

Even then, despite all that, there will ALWAYS be poor results or performances, because that's football.

I have to totally agree... though that was 'classic' VoR. :D

Lets face it, those who want Pardew gone are c***s.

They are either old folk who hark back to Syndnam and Paine or exiles who never go to matches and whom believe that we should win every single game we play, just as every other team manages to do.

Jeez, There is nobody who wants Pardue gone... end of, not sure where that presumption comes from. In Pards we have an astute, intelligent adn decent amanger who has done really well this season indeed our points tally is slightly over 2 per game from the moment we got past the 0 points psychological barrier, which is championship winning form.

Secondly, I dont think anyone expects us to go an entire season unbeaten, and the reality of football is that there will be slip ups etc things happen, and there are always off days.

BUT some have merely asked questions when the manner of defeats we have suffered seem at odds with the squad quality and investment, thats all. In some of those games, it looked liek we were tactically out thought. Yes we are in League 1, so the level of diversity and tactical nous required with this squad next season (not being negative, but after Huddersfield clawed it back yesterday, I think they will be bouyant enough to clinch that final place irrespective of how e finish the season - just need to keep the pressure on by winning and see what happens) to gain promotion is well within Pards abilities and Markus' budget.

But if we just look at this from a purely footballing perspective for a moment, the side has made treendous progress and really developed under Pards watchful eye...no doubt about it. The ability of Pards to spot a player is not being questioned (just hope we can now hang on to them, but we still at times get too narrow and lack any width especially defensively etc and yet when we do go wide we are a real threat so its a bit odd that we often play a little one dimensionally - and often its those games we have lost.

So the question is perhaps NOT about this season but that if we want continuity of a manager for 5+ years, which we all know is what is needed for success, whether Pards has the knowledge, especially when we get on the verges of the prem to take us to that final higher level tactically? That is in no way saying we want rid, or that he should have done better this season, but a genuine question.

Personnally I think and hope he can - hes a decent guy and has shown the passion we need and a eye for a player and looking at the improvements we have seen since the start of the seaosn in certain players its clear his backroom staff know how to get a lot more out of players... but that does not make it wrong to ask questions... its teh essence of footbal dbate afterall...

Why the hell should we not get carried away? Thats what football is for!

I dont get carried away when I have a new project to deal with at work,

I dont get carried away when its my birthday and I know one of my kids has forgotten it,

I dont get carried away when its pay day and I know the tax man has changed my tax allowance,

I dont get carried away when my car eventually gets through the MOT.

When Saints win a match I get completely carried away, I love it, I love Pardew, the team, ML, even NC, (no, I dont mean NineteenCanteen), and anybody else who is willing to be bored by my re-enactments of the game afterwards.

So yes, I think we can get carried away, COYR

Alex Ferguson's Man United lost a few times to lowly Southampton and others, including a 6-3 walloping, despite spending a huge amount of money to make sure they had the best team in the division. Sometimes the teams that aren't as good manage to get a result.

They should've sacked Ferguson back in the nineties.

Dear All,

Since the end of September we have averaged in the league a points total of 2.06 which over a whole season would give us a grand total of around 95 points.

This says to me that AP has done a fantastic job as there is no doubt that number of points would be automatic promotion.

Agree the season is over 46 games but the initial two months was clearly a period of transition so well done AP and the team for getting close.

Also the GD at +35 is exceptional given the poor start we had.

Onwards and upwards even if we do not make the play offs. Optimism reigns supreme for next season with this team if we do not actually go up this year.

Ofcourse it could be argued that "the kick up the ass" (albeit maybe better done privately), is what has led to the latest improvement in performances :-)

Surely, it's not one or the other (i.e. sack AP he's crap, or keep him he's god), but somewhere in between, and yes loving it at the moment, but we need to learn from the poor performances and improve - just enough to get promotion / champions - does not have to be perfect and never will be !

See, there's always a middle way :-)

I am starting to think that there is no middle ground on the internet, its All or Nothing and if you disagree or question a steadfast opinion (FACT) you are clearly an inbred with the intelligence of a newt.

and don't forget about the shame if you ever think you can change your mind.

Now I'm off to start a facebook group in support/protest I haven't decided on a topic yet, I am sure I'll think of something

I still can't forgive him for that suit/tracksuit combo at the cup final. Truly horrific.

Pardew out.

+1.

The tracksuit bit.

Not the pardew out bit.

Unless you mean pardew out of the tracksuit.

In which case +1 for that.

As long he puts something else on. I don't want to see him out of his tracksuit.

Unless it was into the rest of his suit. That he left at home. Presumably.

Jeez, There is nobody who wants Pardue gone... end of, not sure where that presumption comes from. In Pards we have an astute, intelligent adn decent amanger who has done really well this season indeed our points tally is slightly over 2 per game from the moment we got past the 0 points psychological barrier, which is championship winning form.

Secondly, I dont think anyone expects us to go an entire season unbeaten, and the reality of football is that there will be slip ups etc things happen, and there are always off days.

BUT some have merely asked questions when the manner of defeats we have suffered seem at odds with the squad quality and investment, thats all. In some of those games, it looked liek we were tactically out thought. Yes we are in League 1, so the level of diversity and tactical nous required with this squad next season (not being negative, but after Huddersfield clawed it back yesterday, I think they will be bouyant enough to clinch that final place irrespective of how e finish the season - just need to keep the pressure on by winning and see what happens) to gain promotion is well within Pards abilities and Markus' budget.

But if we just look at this from a purely footballing perspective for a moment, the side has made treendous progress and really developed under Pards watchful eye...no doubt about it. The ability of Pards to spot a player is not being questioned (just hope we can now hang on to them, but we still at times get too narrow and lack any width especially defensively etc and yet when we do go wide we are a real threat so its a bit odd that we often play a little one dimensionally - and often its those games we have lost.

So the question is perhaps NOT about this season but that if we want continuity of a manager for 5+ years, which we all know is what is needed for success, whether Pards has the knowledge, especially when we get on the verges of the prem to take us to that final higher level tactically? That is in no way saying we want rid, or that he should have done better this season, but a genuine question.

Personnally I think and hope he can - hes a decent guy and has shown the passion we need and a eye for a player and looking at the improvements we have seen since the start of the seaosn in certain players its clear his backroom staff know how to get a lot more out of players... but that does not make it wrong to ask questions... its teh essence of footbal dbate afterall...

Post of the Month