Alan Pardew

SamKimish

We go a man down, he throws on a striker for a defender and that super substitute crosses for Barnard (also a sub) to nod in at the back post.

Great tactics from a great manager that receives far too much stick from some of the idiots on here.

Regardless of whether he gets us promoted this season, I have faith that he has what it takes to not only take us to the Championship next year but also win the league.

COYR!

Just a word in Cortese's ear.

Add our ten point deduction back on and win our game in hand and technically, we are a point off 2nd. And we've won the JPT - not bad at all.

No mean feat considering the many factors he had to overcome:

- Ingrained losing mentality

- No pre-season

- Threadbare squad (and full of youngsters)

- No time to 'gel' new signings

- 10 point deduction

- Pyschological effect of the deduction

Incredible, really.

Deserves nothing but praise for this season, no matter how it ends now.

I've already alluded to it on another thread, but to get us where we are now is amazing. He came into a club that was a shell, no coaches, no scouts, best players all sold and on -10.

He stabilized it and then pushed us forward, the investment obviously helped, but his eye for a player is fantastic. Even players like trotman who helped us over a little section of the season.

Thats not forgetting the fact that we won some silverware this season, JPT or not - it's still a trophy and it was a fantastic day out that i will not forget for years.

...oh and we had the skates in the cup, we lost - but it was still a great day.

It's been one of the best seasons i can remember for a long long time, so a big thanks to pards for moving this club back in the right direction.

Still the gimps on here won't be satisfied.

Some will mither despite never going and some coffin dodgers will moan that we haven't got two out and out wingers and so the wins are rubbish as we aren't winning in style.

IMHO this season has been fantastic and it's down to the manager. The owner and chairman have given him the tools but he's the one that's done the job.

Just in case anyone cares, if we'd have had the 10 points back we'd be 4 points off automatic promotion with a game in hand on 2nd.

After the car crash that was our close season, that is a great achievement. Throw in the cup runs and no one can say this hasn't been a great season.

And it's still not (just!) finished yet!

The guy really has got what it takes. Our players clearly, clearly want to play for him and the shirt as well. How many seasons would we need to go back to find a team that would keep going and score in the 90th minute?

preston last year, so by that reckoning portaloo is a legend

The guy really has got what it takes. Our players clearly, clearly want to play for him and the shirt as well. How many seasons would we need to go back to find a team that would keep going and score in the 90th minute?

And with only 10 men too!?

Just in case anyone cares, if we'd have had the 10 points back we'd be 4 points off automatic promotion with a game in hand on 2nd.

After the car crash that was our close season, that is a great achievement. Throw in the cup runs and no one can say this hasn't been a great season.

And it's still not (just!) finished yet!

Yes I agree just got my ticket for the Southend Match which hopefully will still be a meaningful match

My only argument with him is consistency in matches against sh*te teams following big wins against big teams.

This result today suggests to me he might finally be getting a grip on this. I was expecting a lot worse.

However, must we have the same pious-cum-abusive thread following every match ? Why must everyone automatically and immediately agree with the prevalent viewpoint on any issue ?

My only argument with him is consistency in matches against sh*te teams following big wins against big teams.

This result today suggests to me he might finally be getting a grip on this. I was expecting a lot worse.

However, must we have the same pious-cum-abusive thread following every match ? Why must everyone automatically and immediately agree with the prevalent viewpoint on any issue ?

It is just football look Leeds lost today Swindon drew sometimes things dont go right.

Our results since October have been excellant

Add our ten point deduction back on and win our game in hand and technically, we are a point off 2nd. And we've won the JPT - not bad at all.

- No pre-season

- 10 point deduction

Incredible, really.

no scouts, coach or assistant manager when season started.

Pardew has done great.

I'm right behind AP have been all season & will continue to be behind him in our march back up through the leagues. But today all he did was throw the dice with nothing left to loose. It was not a great tactical decision that put a striker on for a defender, it was desperation, & the need to score we had to just throw the kitchen sink at them & hope for the best. But still a brave & courageous decision so well done AP & the team to keep trying to the death.

- No pre-season

- 10 point deduction

Incredible, really.

Spot on Crabby. That losing mentality and general malaise with the staff and players takes months to overcome. He's slowly turning a 'can't do' attitude into a 'can do' attitude.

The staff were downtrodden after years of abuse at the hands of the anti-christ and his regime.

If we didn't have that faltering start then we would have ****ed this league but I don't blame Pardew for that as I look back, although I did at the time to my shame.

WE ARE THE MOST CONSISTENT SIDE IN THE LEAGUE!!:confused:

I'm right behind AP have been all season & will continue to be behind him in our march back up through the leagues. But today all he did was throw the dice with nothing left to loose. It was not a great tactical decision that put a striker on for a defender, it was desperation, & the need to score we had to just throw the kitchen sink at them & hope for the best. But still a brave & courageous decision so well done AP & the team to keep trying to the death.

Doesnt matter. For once he DID SOMETHING BOLD and it worked. He didnt settle for the draw even though we were down to 10 men, and I salute him for that.

WE ARE THE MOST CONSISTENT SIDE IN THE LEAGUE!!:confused:

Norwich are!

Over the season we are the 6th most consistant.

I have no issues with AP, never have. I said around a poor spell (after xmas) that the side we have should and could be doing better - they are now.

AP deserves next season to show what he can do - I am 100% confident he will deliver.

Norwich are!

Over the season we are the 6th most consistant.

I have no issues with AP, never have. I said around a poor spell (after xmas) that the side we have should and could be doing better - they are now.

AP deserves next season to show what he can do - I am 100% confident he will deliver.

This table shows the last 6 games but even if you extend it to 8 we are still top of the form table for not only league one but of the WHOLE of the football league!

form.png

I would suggest an average of 2.06 points per game since October is consistency Alps. It does not matter who we dropped points against as every team does it at various stages during the season.

Pardew has done an absolutely fantatstic job this year and anyone that thinks otherwise has the most unrealistic of expectations.

Was the yeovil crowd really 7,484.

Thats the crowd size they have to manage on.

Their finances must be dire.

It is typical of most League 1 Clubs

I noticed a week or so that apart from Charlton all other attendances were less than 10000

Why must everyone automatically and immediately agree with the prevalent viewpoint on any issue ?

Probably because thats what "prevalent" means. "Powerful, dominant, widespread". Therefore ipso facto nearly everyone will agree with the prevalent viewpoint. Of course there will always be a dissenter or two, even if its often just to be different :)

Yeovil, like Exeter and many other little teams have a hard core of 5,000 of which many are actively involved closely with the club........3-5,000 directors working really hard for their team......Lots and lots of community spirit in and around the club......

PS Forgot to add...Pardew is a class act.......Don't let some of the idiots on here tell you otherwise..

COYRs

Pardew has done a fantastic job since taking the helm at St. Mary's.

When you take into consideration the fact that he joined us late on in the summer, inheriting an awfully inexperienced squad which was low on confidence, then the turn around has been nothing short of phenomenal.

With the financial backing of Markus Liebherr, Pardew has created a top side in this division, one that could even potentially compete in a higher division? However, that's another debate altogether.

The simple fact is, AP has been first-class for us and I for one hope that he remains in charge for the forseeable future.

Why do people on here LOVE (love, love) to moan about the happy-clappies...?

Why cant people just accept that everyone is different and everyone has different views, opinions and expectations.

GIANT Yawn

Why do people on here LOVE (love, love) to moan about the moaners...?

Why cant people just accept that everyone is different and everyone has different views, opinions and expectations.

GIANT Yawn

Why do people on here LOVE (love, love) to moan about the indiferent and content

GIANT Yawn

I've not got any gripes with Pardew except his substitutions, which are sometimes a bit random and ill-timed, but today he got it spot on it seems. Nice to see him being positive and gunning for the 3 points rather than sending Wotton on to hoof the ball out of the stadium...

- No pre-season

- 10 point deduction

Incredible, really.

...and wouldn't all/most of us excepted that one year ago...