Is AP trying to blame the fans ?

alpine_saint

I only went a few times this season, but think the support at SMS all season has been top-notch.

So WTF is this all about ? Is he trying to say 0-0 against Oldham is the fan's fault, and that he has no plan to deal with these sorts of games next season ?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/8118130.Pards__Don_t_give_us_the_silent_treatment/?ref=mr

I stand by AP for next season, but this makes me wonder if this is getting excuses in early.

I think he is saing that the tactics that Oldham played will be seen more and more next season and we will need to stay together and patient when we have these frustrating tactics against us, I dont think he is criticising just setting expectations

Thats one interpretation. I would rather read that he is working on breaking down these tactics ready for next season, so that fans dont go quiet...

Thats one interpretation. I would rather read that he is working on breaking down these tactics ready for next season, so that fans dont go quiet...

agreed that we need to learn to set our own tempo and move a lot more than we did the other night, that will probably determine our success next year

So WTF is this all about ? Is he trying to say 0-0 against Oldham is the fan's fault, and that he has no plan to deal with these sorts of games next season ?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/8118130.Pards__Don_t_give_us_the_silent_treatment/?ref=mr

I stand by AP for next season, but this makes me wonder if this is getting excuses in early.

There is no hint in that quote that he is blaming anyone. He is just making the point that we will see more and more teams coming simply to frustrate, and the best way to deal with that is for the fans to keep up the pressure and the noise and backing the team. It happened before AP was here that these sort of tactics get to supporters and crowds start booing and getting on players backs as we did during the Agent Orange and Burley eras.

The best way of course to combat this is to find ways of overcoming these tactics, and that highlights the need for more creativity in MF and also the ability to change tactics during a game, sometimes slowing the game down rather than going like a bull at a gate as we were evidently doing against Oldham (according to Sky), again that needs leadership on the pitch (as well as off) to be able to sense something is not working and put your foot on the ball and take control.

There is no hint in that quote that he is blaming anyone. He is just making the point that we will see more and more teams coming simply to frustrate, and the best way to deal with that is for the fans to keep up the pressure and the noise and backing the team. It happened before AP was here that these sort of tactics get to supporters and crowds start booing and getting on players backs as we did during the Agent Orange and Burley eras.

The best way of course to combat this is to find ways of overcoming these tactics, and that highlights the need for more creativity in MF and also the ability to change tactics during a game, sometimes slowing the game down rather than going like a bull at a gate as we were evidently doing against Oldham (according to Sky), again that needs leadership on the pitch (as well as off) to be able to sense something is not working and put your foot on the ball and take control.

Your first paragraph deals with the symptoms.

Your second deals with the real cause.

I think we can agree where the manager should be focusing.

Yes, the bit in that article where he said he didn't know how to overcome these tactics and wasn't going to try was really depressing.

Alan Pardew does seem to be a little too big for his boots at times. While we're winning he can get away with it, but when we're not he's on very dodgy ground.

What you really meant was:

Alpine Saints does seem to be a little too big for his boots at times. While we're losing he can get away with it, but when we're not he's on very dodgy ground.

I only went a few times this season, but think the support at SMS all season has been top-notch.

Sorry can you highlight the bit where Pardew blames the fans? What is he blaming the fans for?

Nope,

he's pointing out that next season there are going to be a lot of teams getting 11 men behind the ball against us and want the Saints fans to stay loud and supportive throughout, especially when we're trying and trying to break through a bus that the opposing team have parked in front of their goal.

HTH

Or maybe just some fans getting their first whinge in early for next season?

There are times when it goes quiet at SMS - it happened against Oldham. I think AP is just trying to encourage fans to create an atmosphere.

The teams coming to defend against us is nothing new; we had it under Burley, when we'd dominate games but not make a breakthrough and seemingly often concede a late goal against the run of play.

Obviously, AP will only be considered a success if he fashions a team that has the ability to overcome that on a routine basis.

What, that I dont like limp-wristed whinging b*ll*cks from a Saints manager ? Any Saints manager ?

Guilty, M'lud...

What you are guilty of is spending your entire life nit-picking and finding fault with our managers. By

By the way, only you could turn that quote into an attack on the manager.

Next season we need one designated person to take a drum to all games and another to take a bell.

i know where there is drum and bell going spare next season although it will need to be industrially cleaned before use, because of strong fishy smell

AP is just saying that the crowd have been brilliant this season, home and away, and they give the team that little bit extra. So keep it going as next season even more teams will park the bus in front of their goal and look to frustrate us and try to quiet the crowd.

Today, the first 20 mins especially, from the Northam was brill.

Champions 2011, bring it on!

The Echo have twisted AP's comments he has always been positive about the fans. There are times in games where we do all go quiet, but there have been times this season where our play has been so sublime that I have been sucked deeper into watching even though I have been slightly aware that others around me are singing and clapping maybe that is what happens when your team is playing exceptionally well.............. Like Manchester United often do: we all love this game maybe some of us get pulled in deeper than others.

Amazingly alpine doesn't have saints player. I think we should all chip in and get it for him. This might stop him believing ever little negative news clipping.

It does go to show how the press change things. When you watch the full interview, pardew comes accross very well, a leader. He says that next year we might get the situation where 10 teams come to st marys and park the bus. He wants our crowd to expect this to happpen and to back saints. There is always a danger of the crowd getting on the home teams back, when you are frustrated against a 'lesser team'.

No, no, no, no and no. Those quotes are taken completely out of context here. I suggest you watch the actual interview on Saintsplayer.

Actually watch something himself before jumping to ridiculous

agenda suiting conclusions is not his way,he finds 2nd and 3rd hand

views much more acccurate in describing actual events...

He is a loon..

I have enjoyed this season and have seen all home games and quite a few away. We were in a right state at the beginning of the season and it is those games which have left us in 7th plus of course the 10 point deduction. I have been disappointed with the crowds and think the lads have deserved better with their performances. I hope that we end with enough points to have been 2nd without the deduction and I think that will round off a good season. If Alpine wherever he is does not like it then tough. In fact I think I will block him.

There I have put him on 'ignore' and feel quite good about it. I must be getting 'sad' in my old age

Tried that once but you cannot get away form the idiot as others

quote his posts...

I wish when you put him on ignore all the quoted stuff was

hidden too.

Yes he is obviously expecting us to fail miserably and is looking forward to employment elsewhere:rolleyes:

Your first paragraph deals with the symptoms.

Your second deals with the real cause.

I think we can agree where the manager should be focusing.

The manager is focusing in case you hadn't noticed. We have averaged 2 pts per game consistenly since October 1 and are stronger now than we were then. It is simply impossible to win every game and teams have tried to park the bus all season at SMS.