Sad death of a Saints supporter.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I am sure you all will be sad to hear of the death of a true Saints fan, Bob 'Clyde' Weekes.

Bob passed away last night after fighting a losing battle against cancer. He was the supporter who fell over and broke his hip outside Home Park in January and whilst he was in hospital for the fracture they discovered that he had bone cancer.

I know many of you will have met or seen Bob on his trips to virtually every home and away match for many years.

I knew Clydie for over thirty years and he will be sadly missed. One more Saint in heaven.

Tragic news - didn't know Bob, but remember the thread on here after he took his fall, and it was very obvious that he was a well liked and respected Saints fan.

My thoughts and condolences to all of his family.

Rest peacefully Bob.

Didn't know the guy well but saw him on the floor at Plymouth and recognised him from many an away day. Never knew his name but chatted to him a couple of times, the last time being at Oakwell last season. A thoroughly decent chap, RIP.

I am very sorry to hear of the death of Bob Weekes. It is always very sad to hear of the passing of a loyal Saints supporter.

May I extend my heartfelt best wishes to his family.

Whilst writing I would also like to extend my extreme gratitude to those supporters who turned up tonight and gave their vociferous and unconditional support to our young team. I know that the lads appreciate your support very much and their performance tonight did all true Saints fans proud.

Kind regards

Another true Saint lost to filthy rotten cancer. May the day soon arrive when man eradicates this cruel, cruel disease. RIP Bob - a true Saint in every sense.

Amen to that. I don't know Bob but my condolences to his family from one who sees his wife fighting the nasty disease every day.

Very sad news and made even more poignant for me as today I learned that my dear Mum has lung cancer.

Rest peacefully Bob.

So sorry to hear about that ESB. Goes without saying but if you ever need to talk you know where I am.

Sad to sad I've far too much experience of this and know what you're going through...

Heard the sad news about 5PM last night.

There were a lot of upset London Saints in pub before the game.

Thought that last nights perormance was a fitting tribute to Clydie.

Was almost like he was there helping Kelvin out at times in second half to maintain our clean sheet.

Bob I hope you enjoyed watching the game from up high last night mate.

There is a picture of Clydie on the London Saints website.

Here is the link.

Clydie is the one with the tache.

I think a few more people might recognise him than realise. I certainly remember him always being in the Waterloo on the way to the Dell.

Sadly missed.

Another true Saint lost to filthy rotten cancer. May the day soon arrive when man eradicates this cruel, cruel disease. RIP Bob - a true Saint in every sense.

I echo that statement having lost my Dad & the wife's Dad both to Cancer.

My Condolences to Bob & his Family.

And may I wish ESB's Mum all the strength to beat the horrible disease & all others affected by it.