MK Dons build-up thread..

SB

Bart

Butterfield Fonte Martin Harding

Puncheon Morgan Guly Hammond Dickson

Lambert

IMO.

I would go with this as well.

Have Morgan holding, with Guly and Hammond trying to get up alongside Rickie as much as possible going forward giving plenty of height in the box for crosses from the wings.

----------------W. Disney-----------

B.Crosby--- F. Sinatra --- P. Como --- D. Martin

J. Lewis --- G. Kelly --- F. Astaire --- S.Davis

B. Abbott --- L. Costello

I really do not like the sound of that back four and the forward line is a bit of a joke. Expect some fancy footwork from midfield though.

Saints rarely respond to new management like almost every other club seem to.......so at best a draw tonight in my view and after the disasters of the past few weeks that will be a monunemtal achievement

I know what you mean. Would be happy with a draw to steady the ship and push on come the weekend after Nige has had a bit more time to work with the guys.

Sad thing is he has to listen to Wilkins to get an opinion on who to play tonight.

That's why the team will be the same as the last one.

Can we win it?

If nobody gets injured then NA can turn it around with some subs because he will spot the MK weakness.

0-0 @ 70 mins and the game is ours.

0-3 at 70 minutes and I would be more confident! ;)

I hope the new manager hodoo works for us tonight it always seems to work against us when we come up against a team with a new manager.

The last 3 games we have been so poor and not created many if any clear cut chances we could really do with a win or at least get a point or the pressure is really on for Saturdays game.

Anybody know how many Norwich lost last season ? I have a feeling it wasn't many 5 or 6, having already lost 3 in the league if we dont turn it round promotion is going to be a big ask.

Come on you mighty Saints lets have a win heart says 2.0 to us head hasnt got a clue fair play to those going wish I could get there but I cant get out of work today COYS

What's this about further heavy investment in playing staff over the summer, we only signed one player on a fee set by a tribunal, hardly heavy investment. It sounds to me that they are desperately trying to drum up support on the night, by claiming it could be a classic.

Let's hope this backfires and we get off to a good start under Adkins.

What's this about further heavy investment in playing staff over the summer, we only signed one player on a fee set by a tribunal, hardly heavy investment..

It wasn't just Dickson(tribunal), Butterfield and Dean that signed in the summer.

You forgot Frazer Richardson for £450k, which is a huge amount in League One.

Also Do Prado would be here due to Saints paying Cesena a substantial loan fee. They didn't just let one of they best players come here on loan for nothing. Probably involved handing over a couple of hundred thousand minimum.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Teams with new a manager usually win their first game........... so i'm going to go for a MK Dons win

Looks like Scunny have recovered well enough having lost their manager and asst manager .... winning 4-0 at Sheff utd.

But I agree it never seems to work FOR US ... and we've had enough opportunities!!

Looks like Scunny have recovered well enough having lost their manager and asst manager .... winning 4-0 at Sheff utd.

But I agree it never seems to work FOR US ... and we've had enough opportunities!!

Having a bad build up to the match. Managed to put too much salt in my early evening Bloody Mary and have run out of Lard for the Roast Spuds to go with the full Roast Beef & Trimmings. Son in town and has to be done, but now worried that may run late and not make kick-off.

Damn I hate being in a rush on matchdays!

Pessimistic about NMS working, but if I can get my sh1t together in time I think with a decrease in teh Humidity and 34C feeling like 38 this evening we should be in to catch them on the rebound.

Now if only the damned prediction league worked

I'd be chuffed with a point after the last 3 games. I'd go 4-5-1. The midfield has seemed light weight both defensively and going forward this season. Without Lallana we won't create a lot so forget about goals from midfield and just pack it out to help the defensive side of things. Bit of a risk with only a half fit Lambo upfront on his own but we haven't looked like scoring with 2 strikers recently so i'm all for a Rangers style defensive approach. Nick a point here then 3 on saturday and it's happy days again!

Having a bad build up to the match. Managed to put too much salt in my early evening Bloody Mary and have run out of Lard for the Roast Spuds to go with the full Roast Beef & Trimmings. Son in town and has to be done, but now worried that may run late and not make kick-off.

Damn I hate being in a rush on matchdays!

Pessimistic about NMS working, but if I can get my sh1t together in time I think with a decrease in teh Humidity and 34C feeling like 38 this evening we should be in to catch them on the rebound.

Now if only the damned prediction league worked

A bit warmer than Leigh that's fo sure!!

1st day back at work tomorrow up at 0430 :x so please DON"T text me at all ... off to bed shortly :(

Hopefully the combination of me not being in UK and not even listening to Dave Merrington should result in a win, but I've gone for a 1-1 on the prediction League that is working well for me!!

Good luck with the Roast and hopefully enjoy a winning commentary ... back to the old 3-1's maybe?

Possible outcomes tonight;

Saints win - Most are positive and see it as start of a run of wins under new manager. Others will say we won because we always do against mk dons.

Saints lose - some will say it's two soon to have expected a result under new manager. Others will say it's because we chose the wrong manager and that he's sh!t.

There you go, no need to use the forum before/after this game.

Can't wait....

----------------------------Davis

Butterfield---------Fonte-------------Martin----------Dickson

Chamberlain-----Morgan-------------Guly-------------Mills

-------------------Lambert-----------Connolly

I personally feel Puncheon, Harding and Hammond need to be dropped.

EDIT: Ah too late, that's not the team. Team is same as Sat bar Seaborne for Martin.

----------------------------Davis

Butterfield---------Fonte-------------Martin----------Dickson

Chamberlain-----Morgan-------------Guly-------------Mills

-------------------Lambert-----------Connolly

I personally feel Puncheon, Harding and Hammond need to be dropped.

EDIT: Ah too late, that's not the team. Team is same as Sat bar Seaborne for Martin.

Surely not - for gods sake don't believe what wilkins tels you Nigel....

Teams with new a manager usually win their first game........... so i'm going to go for a MK Dons win

Indeed - Swindon hadn't won for something like 5 games had they?!

Anyhow, I feel it in my water that it's a good result tonight - we're going to get more than 3. Unfortunately it seems my 500/1 bet for Martin to score first and us win 3-1 has fallen at the first hurdle.